Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What change would you like to see?

• Remove the sword from lucky islands

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Lower the durability (comment your thoughts about this!)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Lower the level of knockback to I

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Keep the sword

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Change the sword to another weapon/tool

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Based on @SanCookie 's complain thread:

The knockback II wooden sword lucky block drop is really strong. You dont need much skill too knock someone in the void.
So there are a few solutions to this:
1. Remove the sword
2. Lower the durability
3. Lower the level of knockback to I.

If you vote for number 2, please comment what durability you would like to see, thanks :)

ItsDavey_

Forum Expert
Nov 23, 2014
the Netherlands
You can change the durability to half of it, anyway, they can change it to a lower the lever to KB I.
Or change the weapon into a spade (like in speedeggwars)

Reactions: Shallidor

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
You can change the durability to half of it, anyway, they can change it to a lower the lever to KB I.

Thanks for your reply, I haven't thought about changing the type of weapon. It's been added to the poll!

Reactions: ItsDavey_

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Half durability? It only takes 2 hits to hit someone in the void, probably, so that's not a great solution, but I like the idea of lowering the KB level

Reactions: ItsDavey_

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
upload_2018-2-7_15-30-51.png

It's honestly disgustingly overpowered. Takes me one or two hits to kill anyone on pretty much any map.
I understand it's a luck based game and all, but this is pretty much a free win in a lucky block unless someone else gets one of those swords too.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
View attachment 142015

It's honestly disgustingly overpowered. Takes me one or two hits to kill anyone on pretty much any map.
I understand it's a luck based game and all, but this is pretty much a free win in a lucky block unless someone else gets one of those swords too.

That is an amazing addition to this discussion and perfectly sums up how I think about it. Great work LOL
Edit: I didn't even see you also put text, I only saw the picture :P

Reactions: Gainfullterror

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
View attachment 142015

That's so true, apparently, it was a bug because before, you just got a wooden sword, but now, it has kb II, NOBODY asked for that, they just randomally fixed it, after about a year, why? Nobody knows

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
That's so true, apparently, it was a bug because before, you just got a wooden sword, but now, it has kb II, NOBODY asked for that, they just randomally fixed it, after about a year, why? Nobody knows

This makes so much sense!!! I now remember there was a wooden sword with 1 durability lost, just like the kb II sword.
I never actually realized that it was changed, I thought it was just a new drop.

I am so amazed right now, my mind is blown xD

Btw first time I saw the sword (I got it after killing someone), I thought a player mined so much iron to make an anvil and enchanted it themselves :D

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
This makes so much sense!!! I now remember there was a wooden sword with 1 durability lost, just like the kb II sword.
I never actually realized that it was changed, I thought it was just a new drop.

I am so amazed right now, my mind is blown xD

Btw first time I saw the sword (I got it after killing someone), I thought a player mined so much iron to make an anvil and enchanted it themselves :D
Thought that too! But then I noticed the wooden swords didn't drop anymore and read a thread that was pinned on here back then (can still be found, locked)

Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
I personally think that the sword should have very low durability. It is already pretty much nerfed being a wooden sword but yes I feel it should have an even lower durability. Knockback II is very underestimated by some and yes it is very annoying on Lucky islands.

I hope in the future they will nerf this sword as it is very annoying to play a game with a player who has obtained this item. Even once on the Cubecraft weekly stream, it was showcased how difficult it can be to play with someone in this scenario.

Reactions: Priley

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
May I suggest putting it on a wooden axe? Longer cooldown and naturally half the durability.

Well hitting someone with Kb II throws them away 6 blocks + natural knockback, so you have enough time to charge up the next hit. The only difference would be if you knock someone against a block, so they don't take the full knockback. Then you have a full hit charged up slower.

By the way, spamming it (with axe or sword or whatever) still gives those 6 blocks knockback, so that doesnt make that much of a difference. (Correct me if I'm mistaken about this, I'm not sure if the 6 blocks scale with the time between hits or not.)

Thanks for your suggestion tho :P

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Well hitting someone with Kb II throws them away 6 blocks + natural knockback, so you have enough time to charge up the next hit. The only difference would be if you knock someone against a block, so they don't take the full knockback. Then you have a full hit charged up slower.

By the way, spamming it (with axe or sword or whatever) still gives those 6 blocks knockback, so that doesnt make that much of a difference. (Correct me if I'm mistaken about this, I'm not sure if the 6 blocks scale with the time between hits or not.)

Thanks for your suggestion tho :p
Well axes A.) Can't block B.) Break twice as fast,

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Based on @SanCookie 's complain thread:

The knockback II wooden sword lucky block drop is really strong. You dont need much skill too knock someone in the void.
So there are a few solutions to this:
1. Remove the sword
2. Lower the durability
3. Lower the level of knockback to I.

If you vote for number 2, please comment what durability you would like to see, thanks :)
Trash it or lower the durability. In pvp, I dont notice the knockback difference.

Shallidor

Dedicated Member
Feb 2, 2018
Well axes A.) Can't block B.) Break twice as fast,

Oh sorry I didn't know you were talking about 1.8. But isn't Lucky Island only 1.9+?
Yeah they break twice as fast, that's a good point :P

Trash it or lower the durability. In pvp, I dont notice the knockback difference.

Knockback II gives twice as much knockback as I. I really feel difference when both hitting and getting hit with Kb II instead of I, but that's just my opinion :) Thanks for your reply

Miauw

Forum Expert
Jul 23, 2016
the Netherlands
This is kind of the same issue that SkyWars had with these Knockback IV wooden swords, or the mushroom with Knockback II in EggWars map Mushrooms (I abused that mushroom so much muhaha).

I'd say just remove the sword. Yes, it's a luck based game, but luck or bad luck can be presented in different ways. Knockback is just too irritating and too overpowered on void based games.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

After coming back home after staying in the UK for a while, CubeCraft has became unplayable for me due to the region issue which is currently known and are being fixed as we speak, so I'll not be playing the server for the next few days due to this which upsets me because this is my favorite server. I understand your pain now guys
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thank you for everything soul
timinator582162 wrote on sussy_blocka's profile.
Player Rayhidst2014 was traveling about 3 times normal speed. also was floating and flying. This ruined a perfectly good four player bedwars game.
Today starts Giro d'Italia one of the biggest cycling races in the world and who do you think will win the general classification after 21 days of cycling?
Top Bottom