Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Should the lag-kick be removed when you join Lucky Islands?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello there!

This thread is about the lag you get when you join Lucky Islands.
(It's to load the texture pack of Lucky Islands)
The main thing about this lag is:
It depends alot on your pc

• Less lag for a better pc
  • More lag for a slower pc
You will get kicked when you send too much packets (so when your pc is slower), the message looks something like this:
ACMsRH9.png

But this can get annoying when you play alot of Lucky Islands, and get kicked every first time you join this mode (the second or third time, it works fine for me for some reason).

So my suggestion is to remove this lag.
From why I think this problem happens: maybe Sentinel test if a player joined Lucky Islands and wait about a minute before it actually tests the packts on that player again. (Or longer. For me, it takes up to about 45 seconds)

Reply with your thought and thank you for reading! ^^
SanCookie LuckyIslands

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
If CubeCraft removed the long jump thingy off of spawn I think no one would get kicked. Changing resource pack will always cause lag on lower end PCs and even good PCs, removing the jump off of spawn will make it so when people freeze they won't be in the air.

Reactions: DontForgetMe
D

Deleted member 59979

This is an issue with everyone. I know that if you set it so it prompts you to download the resource pack that helps a lot but there isnt much you can do otherwise.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
If CubeCraft removed the long jump thingy off of spawn I think no one would get kicked. Changing resource pack will always cause lag on lower end PCs and even good PCs, removing the jump off of spawn will make it so when people freeze they won't be in the air.
This is an issue with everyone. I know that if you set it so it prompts you to download the resource pack that helps a lot but there isnt much you can do otherwise.
Guys the issue for me isn't that I have to download a texture pack, it's the fact that I get kicked for downloading it, it's an anti cheat problem, they can (but probably won't) fix this

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Guys the issue for me isn't that I have to download a texture pack, it's the fact that I get kicked for downloading it, it's an anti cheat problem, they can (but probably won't) fix this
The reason you get kicked for downloading it is because you get frozen in midair after using the launch pad.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
The reason you get kicked for downloading it is because you get frozen in midair after using the launch pad.
I keep my hands off my keyboard while it's loading, does that mean I am spawned half a block or something up so it looks like flying?
Is it only for the texturepack?
I don't really know, it's just annoying

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I keep my hands off my keyboard while it's loading, does that mean I am spawned half a block or something up so it looks like flying?

I don't really know, it's just annoying
NVM then, I don't know if this can be fixed... Changing txtr packs will always cause lag,I think it may have something to do with you not sending any packets to the server because you are frozen.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
NVM then, I don't know if this can be fixed... Changing txtr packs will always cause lag,I think it may have something to do with you not sending any packets to the server because you are frozen.
Everyone with a slower computer is experiencing this, on other servers, with much bigger texture packs but whatever, other servers are fine, only cube, only cube...
Must be something else, because it would always happen to me before the launch pad was even added.
Oh yeah, that's true, it happened from the beginning

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Everyone with a slower computer is experiencing this, on other servers, with much bigger texture packs but whatever, other servers are fine, only cube, only cube...

Oh yeah, that's true, it happened from the beginning
What continent do you live in?

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Hm that's quite peculiar then. Maybe the wands are ridiculously big and are like 528x Makin it take forever, I don't play lucky often, are there any items with animated textures?
I searched for the resource pack, and it's only 131kB big, alot of modeling but no animations

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom