Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is this beneficial?

• Total voters

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Very small suggestion, it just tags everyone who is on at the moment and who has the permissions to lock threads, mostly used for threads where people incorrectly report things, and when the owner wants the thread locked. This is to save time for people, instead of having to look for a specific staff member and tag them, you only have to type the same 5 characters, if someone uses it wrongly then they lose their rights to it, reason being it could be used improperly to get staff viewing a thread, so unless the message is requesting a lock for the thread @lock would be unallowed (sorry for whoever has the forums name lock)

Buuuddy

Forum Expert
Mar 31, 2016
To be completely honest, requesting threads to be locked isn't something that should be supported or encouraged. Some people solely reply to threads to tag staff -or the @lock as suggested- to lock the thread, even if a question isn't properly answered or the creator hasn't confirmed that his issue has actually been solved.

Not all threads have to be locked, and when they do necessarily have to be locked, one of the moderators will definitely come across it and take appropriate actions. :)

Edit: Another issue is that someone's account is called 'lock' and I accidentally tagged him now.

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
To be completely honest, requesting threads to be locked isn't something that should be supported or encouraged. Some people solely reply to thread to tag staff -or the @lock as suggested- to lock the thread, even if a question isn't properly answered or the creator hasn't confirmed that his issue has actually been solved.

Not all threads have to be locked, and when they do necessarily have to be locked, one of the moderators will definitely come across it and take appropriate actions. :)

Edit: Another issue is that someone's account is called 'lock' and I accidentally tagged him now.
I understand what you are talking about, however a thread being necroposted on or consisting of other rules being broken should usually be locked, it would simply save time for the person, as this can be abused maybe not notify every staff member but rather only 1. Also, rather than the notification saying "has mentioned you in ___" it would say "___ has requested a lock in the thread ___". All rules for threads being locked also still apply, I would agree it would be encouraged, but not by much, if a message has @lock in it, it could notify you before posting the message the rules of requesting a lock and that doing such in accurately could end up in the loss of the priveledge of using the tag.

Also @lock has 0 messages and logged in 2016, how devestating would it be if his accounts name got changed.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
To be completely honest, requesting threads to be locked isn't something that should be supported or encouraged. Some people solely reply to threads to tag staff -or the @lock as suggested- to lock the thread, even if a question isn't properly answered or the creator hasn't confirmed that his issue has actually been solved.

What if only the OP could request a thread lock? Also to fix the problem with tagging @lock just make it an # instead of @

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
I would much rather have this in the form of a button instead of an actual message. Also a tab for staff with threads to be reviewed instead of being alerted every single time someone presses the button or does #lock would be neat and more efficient, no?
That idea sounds better, the more requests maybe the higher up it is on the queue?

Reactions: Buuuddy

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
even if a question isn't properly answered or the creator hasn't confirmed that his issue has actually been solved.
This is something ive seen staff guilty of very frequently, locking a post before the problem is solved, and even more so discouraging if the thread is locked with the all to common ‘private message me” post, let the community try to help, itll create less work for you so you can focus on other important things, ive even seen threads locked in the middle of troubleshooting something, that just creates more issues as the player has to start over again, we want to help but many many times the threads are locked and staff takes care of it themselves, what? Are we to stupid? Also this applies as well to threads that you think are solved but on closer inspection are really not an instance of this was where i helped a player troubleshoot a minecraft issue i asked for confirmation if it had worked but the thread was locked as it was deemed solved so i never got my answer

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Ariana please stop farming messages because you want to get helper, we appreciate your effort though. (kek)

I don't think they need to do this just because you don't want to open a new tab and tag in 2-3 staff members for a purpose that isn't necessary.
Whatever, they could have just left it as a like on his post and a vote in the poll as opposed to writing an entire message (geuss I'm a hypocrite now, huh).

Your reasoning seems to argue that this is a good idea since one would have to open a new window to find what staff are online, also if you read my last reply from buuuddy and his message, we think it would be better to have a queue of threads requesting a lock kind of like the reports and appeals system however the more reports to be locked = the higher on the queue it is.

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com
Your reasoning seems to argue that this is a good idea since one would have to open a new window to find what staff are online, also if you read my last reply from buuuddy and his message, we think it would be better to have a queue of threads requesting a lock kind of like the reports and appeals system however the more reports to be locked = the higher on the queue it is.
My reasoning indicates that opening a new window to look at the online staff isn't much of a pain. I don't think they need to mess around with this because there are way bigger problems that can make or break players on the server.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Matriox wrote on Dreamer's profile.
1715192346078.png
Top Bottom