Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

AudreyRox

Jun 15, 2021
Here's the current activity for noon on a Monday
ccactivity.png

Edit: Keep in mind while this is 10am-12pm for NA, it is nearly peak time for EU. It might be a Monday but it's noticeably lower unfortunately.

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I have found a very interesting graph that shows the max peak of concurrent players on the Java network during September 2022 comparing it to the past 28 days.
1664633617871.png

As you can see, as of september 5th the playercount went considerably down and during that week, CubeCraft lost many of its players. It's also interesting to see that during the weekend the server activity recovers considerably, even reaching 1.400 players again for 2 days. However, it goes down to 1.100 players during the rest of the week.
If you analize it you will see the amount of players that come back and play again on the server during the weekend is lower as time goes on.
You can find all the information on this website: https://minecraft-mp.com/server/24755/stats/.

I would like to be told what's the strategy with regard to this, if the update's purpose was to stop the loss of players, it got exactly the opposite. As I have said many times, I understand the removal of some games that were really dead, such as BlockWars and even some Featured Games. I think lowering the amount of players needed for games to start, making maps shorter, and removing those games that were really dead would have a been a solution way better than this catastrophe. That's why I don't understand why many games that used to start during the majority of the day got deleted, such as MinerWare, Tower Defence, Team Lucky Islands or Duels. As well as I don't understand the removal of maps, as the lack of variety makes the gameplay experience boring and incites players to leave.

As I also stated in a thread that got zero response from the staff, the server probably now makes CubeCraft lose even more money, as the removal of games led to a considerably removal of perks for paid ranks. However, prices haven't been lowered and ranks haven't got new stuff to try encourage players to buy them. Here is the link by the way: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/remove-this-on-java-bug-reports.322164/.

Rocks1

Apr 5, 2022
Bunny Town
I agree with everything you said, and I don't think they should have removed featured games, they could have made a system where there are only 1 or 2 servers running featured games at a time and send a chat message saying a game is starting. Some games like Tower Defense and Minerware were active and had no reason whatsoever for removal. And to reduce servers they could have just made more parkour maps on the same server.

Top Bottom