Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
Lucky Islands complainings

Hello there, I have been playing Lucky Islands a lot before and after the update. I think the update ruined a lot of stuff and brought many bugs and glitches with it. I have reported the bugs I found so far, but people seem to find new bugs every day, wich is very annoying.
Here are things that annoy me the most in Lucky Islands:

1. Knight: The knight is a skeleton that spawns with iron armor and a sword, it doesn't spawn on blessed mode. Imagine you playing Lucky Islands, nobody voted, and you open your first Lucky Block, and you get a Knight, well, or you have to run and hide from it, so you're trapped there for the game, or you die from it, because what are you going to do? Punch it to it's death? Wrong: It doesn't take knockback. Run backwards while killing it? Wrong: it still poisons you.
Solution? Make the knight slower, and let it take knockback, so people can throw it in the void.
Also give kill credit (and potental points?) to the player who killed it. Now when someone kills the knight, the message "Knight has been slain." will pop up in chat. This could be chagned to "Knight has been slain by [player]". Killing the Knight could give you 1 point (keep in mind that killing a player only gives you 2 points, not 3, like skywars).

2. Bows:
2.1 Automatic bow: This is a bow, given with 10-35 arrows, when you right click it, it keeps shooting arrows untill you stop holding right click, or when it hits it limit of 20 arrows. It doesn't charge up too long, and can be used again, like before. There is a bug where you can't fire "special" arrows (like spectral arrows for example). It can be abused with a Fletcher villager. (A villager that gives you 9-12 arrows for 1 emerald) because when you trade arrows, you'll get 4-5 stacks sometimes. Players can't do anything since they get knocked back so much.
Solution? Reduce the amount of arrows that this bow can shoot to 15 arrows (or 10 arrows) and/or make the charging up time longer.

was someone drunk when they suggested automatic bows on lucky islands? wtf -a Discord user, 2017

2.2 Frozen shot bow: This is a bow, given with 3-6 arrows, when you shoot someone, they will get stuck in an ice cage for a couple of seconds. When you get 2 or 3 of these, it can be very annoying for your enemies, because they get frozen the whole time. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the bow, but I also don't like it, there could be a better version of this bow. Also a player can suffocate in the ice cage, mostly when their momentum is high and they get shot by this bow. The cage can't be destroyed by a player, but can get destroyed by tnt, wich makes the person who got trapped stuck in the air.
Solution? Make the ice cages tnt proof, and make the charging up for all the frost bows the same (when you shot an arrow with one bow, all frozen shot bows will charge up).

3. Ore veins: This is an ore vein, based on a star shape, that spreads 3 blocks in all directions from where the lucky block was opened. It contains iron, gold and diamond ores. Because of this, players can get full diamond armor, and a diamond sword from the start, wich gives them a huge advantage. Ok, you can say "well he got lucky, that's how the mode is called". But when you get that lucky, it isn't fun anymore for other players.
Solution? Reduce the diamonds in a vein. (Can be replaced with coal ores?)

4. The tower: This is just a tower, built layer by layer, from bottom untill the flag. Every block that is in it's way, will be destroyed and be dropped somewhere you won't expect. There is this problem where you can suffocate in this, and there is no escape from it. Also when you are standing on a path block, and a tower spawns on that path block, you will get stuck in the stone brick because the path block is 2 pixels lower than a normal block.
Solution? Check if a player is suffocating and remove the block where he is in AND don't change the lowest layer to stone bricks if there are path blocks.

5. Beacon: This is just a beacon, spawned with a gold ingot and 9 iron blocks below it wich are unbreakalbe. You can choose between the effects speed and haste. However if the beacon spawns on your head, you will suffocate in it.
Solution? Let us break the blocks, but dont drop them, if they are broken they can't come back.

6. Blessed (mode): On blessed mode, only Lucky Lucky blocks should spawn. But some of the drops don't spawn in blessed, for example the "Quick craft" drop, it's just a drop where you have to craft fast your items fast. I don't see a part about it that is unlucky. Or a farm, it's a circle of 8 dirt blocks with potatoes on it, water in the middle and wood blocks on the outside. The potatoes don't grow anyways to prevent skybasing (you can't even tile a dirt block with a hoe).
Solution? Add the farm and the quick craft to the blessed mode.

7. Underwater (map): This is a map on solo mode wich can be played on Solo Lucky Islands. The middle between the 3 islands has been lowered down. Nobody knows why. But if you jump on that as first, your neighbours can literally bully you by shooting you, throwning tnt at you or throwing slime at you. A bit annoying? YES!
Solution? Bring the sub-middle back to it's original place.

8. The lobby: Ok there is a lobby for lucky islands, but it has been the same for quit some time, maybe the building team could do a lobby challenge to challenge people to build a lobby for lucky islans (or other gamemodes).

9. Potion kit: There is a potion kit you can get, no matter what the voted mode is, you will get a poison potion [0:20], a poison potion [0:45], an instant damage II potion, a regeneration potion [0:22], a speed II potion [0:22]. With the speed and regeneration is nothing wrong, but the poison, I complained about it before the update was released, I asked if the poison duration could get lowered down. They added another poison potion and removed an instant health II potion, I really don't know why.
Solution? Remove the poison potion [0:45] and add the instant health II potion back, it was an easy way to gain health back after you got poisoned. (In most cases you get the instant health II potion after killing the guy who poisoned you)

10. Elytra: This is an elytra (wings) to get around the map easily, I like the elytra in Lucky Islands, but not when it gets abused: mostly when you hit someone off who has an elytra, that person will fly forever in the void, and you won't get any kill credit at all.
Solution? Make the elytra usable for x seconds, and add a cooldown to it.

11. Players hiding: This isn't a secret: there are so many players who hide the whole game, they make a 1x2 hole and shift there. That's their way of playing. This is absolutely boring, they mostly don't even understand english either, so if you ask where they are, they won't awsner.
"But report it for camping" No, it is not camping, a few moderators told me this.
Solution? Give every player a glow effect after 10 minutes.

12. Tree + Axe: This is a tree and a stone axe, only spawned when blessed isn't selected. (Don't ask me why this could be unlucky, because I don't know.) But when you get this, the axe mostly flies far away (sometimes in the void) because it was spawned in the tree. Very annoying when you want wood from the tree.
Solution? Spawn in the axe one block from the tree. (A block isn't air.)

13. Detected too many packets: Everytime when I switch to the Lucky Islands mode, I get kicked at least once. The message says "(Kicked from server) Detected too many packets". This is very annoying because the resource pack switch can take a while for my computer.
Solution? Detect when a player wants to join Lucky Islands and stop detecting packets for that user for a certain time. (Like 45 seconds, most users will be ready then.)

14. Clouds (map): This is another map on solo Lucky Islands, the food you can get is melons, wich aren't good for the saturation. The second problem about this map is the fact that you need half a stack of blocks to get to the middle. That's very annoying.
Solution? Add hay bales and place the islands closer to the middle.

15. Too long animations: Since the new Lucky Islands update, there have been added a lot of new items. These items spawn in with an animation. But these animations can take up to 5 seconds, it's a lot of time, for example if you're running from someone and quickly want to grab something to defend yourself. Just no. Also the new bow animations are almost all the same. (Grapping hook bow, Shotgun bow and Frozen shot bow) I can't tell what bow I got untill the end (the Frozen shot bow makes breaking glass sound at the end) or untill I got the bow. (I don't look at the particles because I'm always opening more than 1 Lucky Block, waiting for loot is boring if the animations are that long.)
Solution? Make the animations much shorter and more unique for the three bows I told about above.

I can take a coffee every time I open a Lucky Block because it's taking so long wth-an anonymous friend, 2018

16. Last second games: Ok this one doesn't only apply for Lucky Islands, but since I'm a Lucky Islands player, I experience it the most on Lucky Islands. What I mean with this is, when you want to play a random map (by hitting the armorstand next to the map board), you might get put in into a game that starts in one second. Result? You can't pick your kit and can't select voting options (only for certain ranks).
Solution? Add a setting in the menu for every gamemode, wich makes you choose what your kit is if you join a game OR don't put players in a game anymore that will start in 10 seconds.

17. Cats: Cats (aka: Ocelots) are a pet in Lucky Islands. They protect you against an entity that hit you, or start attacking the entity the player attacked. A cat is super fast (faster than a normal sprint-jumping player) and can deal a lot of damage over time. A cat has a small hitbox, so it's hard to hit it. If the owner of the cat dies, the cat well still keep fighting. This is annoying, let me give you an example: You just had a big fight with someone and won with 1.5hp, but then there comes a guy with a cat pet (he cleans you). You decide to run because you still need to run, the guy hit you once, so the cat starts following you. Guess what happens? The cat will win the fight because it is so fast and hard to hit because it is so small.

18. Knockback II swords: Literally a sword that has knockback II, the community asked to remove punch bows on skywars because they knock you away and it's so stupid, this is exactly the same thing, 1v1ing with this sword is very hard, because you'll be hit super far away. It was randomally added around the 15th of January, for no reason. Who thought this was a good idea?
Solution? Remove it or make the usage of the wooden sword to 0-3 durability.

[19. ...: Might add more later]

Last edited:

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I agree with everything here, the update ruined a lot of things and took away the fun from the game, you get so weird stuff from lucky blocks now and the chance of getting killed by something you get is higher than getting killed by a player. Before the update, it was kinda based on luck but also PvP skills, the only thing you need now is some wands or bows and you win just by luck.

SpringWarz

Senior Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
May 2, 2016
Scotland
www.google.co.uk

2.2 Frozen shot bow: This is a bow, given with 3-6 arrows, when you shoot someone, they will get stuck in an ice cage for a couple of seconds. When you get 2 or 3 of these, it can be very annoying for your enemies, because they get frozen the whole time. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the bow, but I also don't like it, there could be a better version of this bow. Also a player can suffocate in the ice cage, mostly when their momentum is high and they get shot by this bow. The cage can't be destroyed by a player, but can get destroyed by tnt, wich makes the person who got trapped stuck in the air.
Solution? Make the ice wands tnt proof, and make the charging up for all the frost bows the same (when you shot an arrow with one bow, all frozen shot bows will charge up).
Agree with this one right here. People would just keep 2+ bows in their inventory and then just bow barrage people with them. :/

Reactions: MJ010101

Unknown_Mediator

Novice Member
Sep 10, 2017
Pizzeria
Agree with you, I like the update but you have a very good points and I want cube to change them, as you said:

1-The knight: A complete headache, if you get one at the beginning you are pretty dead or without options to save yourself. I would like to nerf him or make him slower as you say.

2- Frozen bow: I think that bow needs more cooldown time because it is so annoying.

3. Ore vains: Yes, very op, I got that loot a couple of days ago and I was able to craft diamond chest, pants and sword.

7. Underwater (map): This is a map on solo mode wich can be played on Solo Lucky Islands. The middle between the 3 islands has been lowered down. Nobody knows why. But if you jump on that as first, your neighbours can literally bully you by shooting you, throwning tnt at you or throwing slime at you. A bit annoying? YES!
Solution? Bring the sub-middle back to it's original place.

4- I think they change that because of the rushing part at the very beginning of a game, but........., pond is the same thing and they did not change it, mmmmm, I don't know what to think.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
I agree with everything here, the update ruined a lot of things and took away the fun from the game, you get so weird stuff from lucky blocks now and the chance of getting killed by something you get is higher than getting killed by a player. Before the update, it was kinda based on luck but also PvP skills, the only thing you need now is some wands or bows and you win just by luck.
Yeah that's true, I like it much less now
Agree with this one right here. People would just keep 2+ bows in their inventory and then just bow barrage people with them. :/
True, absolutely stupid :/
You mean Ice cage?

Btw, I agree on these points and I like the solutions
Changed, ty, and thanks!
Agree with you, I like the update but you have a very good points and I want cube to change them, as you said:

1-The knight: A complete headache, if you get one at the beginning you are pretty dead or without options to save yourself. I would like to nerf him or make him slower as you say.

2- Frozen bow: I think that bow needs more cooldown time because it is so annoying.

3. Ore vains: Yes, very op, I got that loot a couple of days ago and I was able to craft diamond chest, pants and sword.

4- I think they change that because of the rushing part at the very beginning of a game, but........., pond is the same thing and they did not change it, mmmmm, I don't know what to think.
1. True, nerfing would be best
3. whoops did i typ that wrong xd?
4. yeah i first thought that too, but they didnt change pond, probably just "lets ruin the community even more"

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Yeah that's true, I like it much less now

True, absolutely stupid :/

Changed, ty, and thanks!

1. True, nerfing would be best
3. whoops did i typ that wrong xd?
4. yeah i first thought that too, but they didnt change pond, probably just "lets ruin the community even more"
The bad thing about making a thread tho is that the staff kinda don't read it because they don't care + even if they read it, they don't post anything or try to make this happen.

SanCookie

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Mar 18, 2017
the selfie area
bit.ly
Pronouns
He/Him
The bad thing about making a thread tho is that the staff kinda don't read it because they don't care + even if they read it, they don't post anything or try to make this happen.
100% true, but they probably will read this and say something like "we do care about the community and we add this to the 'to-do list' for the developers"
Like wtf, nice community

Reactions: No-one and Livvv

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
100% true, but they probably will read this and say something like "we do care about the community and we add this to the 'to-do list' for the developers"
Like wtf, nice community
Or just say "We worked hard with this update and it's all good blablabla"

Reactions: SanCookie

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
True, but who are the ones that actually play this game? Not them, I didn't see any moderators joining lucky islands in a while
I see a few sometimes but that's maybe 1-2 times every month they play it....

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
"They work hard to make the server better so they don't have much time to play" probably
loool, this is just getting worse and worse, for real, make some good updates and really listen to players instead of just do something and then it turn out bad.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
Top Bottom