Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
I fully agree with this. Maybe, if tiers are added.
NOTE: This is the MAXIMUM the minimum can be made by other help/mods
Tier One is small offences: Chat swearing/profanity or self advertisement + crossteaming/traming in solo mode
*Max one month
Tier Two is Medium Offences: Hack Clients ONLY (includes: anti knockback, kill aura, fly, dolphin)
*Max 3 months (first offence) Note: This does not include attempting to buypass punishment
*Max 1 year (second offence)
*Perm Ban (third offence)
Tier Three Major Offences: DoS (Denial of Service) or DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service)
*Perm Ban (first offence) + Other issues (police)

A quick ban is not a good ban since it's not that long. Who know how many games that person has ruined before they were banned? Also as build said
I highly disagree with that, I think @Cheez said that when the new system arrives hackers will be banned permanently.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Savage_pro

Jun 5, 2016
lincolnton.nc 28092
look at it this way you got banned for a year deal with it i got banned for a year first offense an still waiting but i deleted that hack client an im just playing xbox 1 gta 5 til i get unbanned s if you wanna change your ban time then dont hack do like me an delete it and wait

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I fully agree with this. Maybe, if tiers are added.
Tier Two is Medium Offences: Hack Clients ONLY (includes: anti knockback, kill aura, fly, dolphin)
*Max 3 months (first offence)
Never. 3 months is too short. 1 year is short enough, it should be perm.
Stop insisting on the three months, we've already told you, he was lucky enough to get just 1 year. Otherwise it is a perm ban.

zRinne

Forum Veteran
Mar 2, 2016
Cat world
www.instagram.com
Three months can been seen as a short time, they can go on other server and cause grief there.
Knowing that they just have to wait 3 months, probably come back afterwards to troll.
You do the crime you do the time.

Reactions: Lezappen

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
ugh, I cant stand hackers in my game, I say up the ante and make a 4 year ban on their first offense(just kidding) but I do think one year is a suitable time, most hackers will just go back to hacking cuz that's all they know

RushRush

May 27, 2016
People will learn their lesson very quickly. SO the time should be shortened, but kill aura isn't a little hack. It ruins the game.Also, Your friend should have of known.

PinkSparkleWolf

Dedicated Member
May 8, 2015
a galaxy far, far away....
youtu.be
I'm 100% hacking is not allowed on any Minecraft server, everyone knows you can be punished for hacking. I don't see why you'd reduce the punishment, banned hackers already get a second chance by having the ability to appeal. And we actually already have reduced the punishment before: from perm ban to one year ban.

Also, with the new system we will be able to ban in smaller amounts, like days. With this we can still punish those who deserve it, but not making it to harsh.

LilNugget

Dedicated Member
Jun 21, 2016
McDonalds
Imo, the punishments are good enough alreday. 3 months for hacking is not enough.
I agree, if you hack, you need a punishment. A big punishment. 1 year+ bans teach players that there are big consequences. If there are 1-month bans, players would hack because they know one month is not THAT long. Then, may or may not hack again, and get banned for 3 months. If they get banned again, they can just wait it out and stop before a year.

Rhythm_Skelly

May 24, 2016
I'm 100% hacking is not allowed on any Minecraft server, everyone knows you can be punished for hacking. I don't see why you'd reduce the punishment, banned hackers already get a second chance by having the ability to appeal. And we actually already have reduced the punishment before: from perm ban to one year ban.

Also, with the new system we will be able to ban in smaller amounts, like days. With this we can still punish those who deserve it, but not making it to harsh.

I understand, and thank you for your input, but the thing is, ban appeals aren't a second chance in my opinion. My friend has done all he has desperately, only to be denied a billion times. I understand that people need punishments, bur one year? Talk about harsh much. A ban appeal being a "second chance" isn't really a second chance if he just gets denied without a second thought. Sorry if I seemed rude, but it's just my opinion.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I understand, and thank you for your input, but the thing is, ban appeals aren't a second chance in my opinion. My friend has done all he has desperately, only to be denied a billion times. I understand that people need punishments, bur one year? Talk about harsh much. A ban appeal being a "second chance" isn't really a second chance if he just gets denied without a second thought. Sorry if I seemed rude, but it's just my opinion.
This is accurate.

PinkSparkleWolf

Dedicated Member
May 8, 2015
a galaxy far, far away....
youtu.be
Depends on what his appeal looked like. We often get people blaming others for their actions yk

Rhythm_Skelly

May 24, 2016
Depends on what his appeal looked like. We often get people blaming others for their actions yk
Yeah, I know what you mean by that. He doesn't blame others though. He actually told me he would love to give in one last appeal before he gives up, but it keeps telling him that he's not allowed to make one again. Guess that's that.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Ok. It's time to figure this all out. I reported for team killing and got my report denied because:
"The punshments for team killing are too harsh"
It's... Unacceptable. It's an easy exploit in the system. Fix this before anyone starts pouring lava on your friend.

For the "wanna be back" situation, it's where you realize these punishments are messed up. People threatening to DDoS the server or raiding it are muted for a month or some, and people cheating NO MATTER THEIR IMPACT ON THE COMMUNITY get banned for a year. People with obsidian ranks. @MegaCoin (he eventually managed to reduce his punishment time to half but still, 6 months m8s).
Don't get me wrong it's obvious that the puishment for hacks is way more harsh, but what (kinda) keeps this server together is it's community. So consider someone's social impact before punishment, please. Everybody can have a breakdown sometimes. It's like cheating on a test when it's you didn't study. It hurts you, it hurts everyone, but you can't get over the fact that anybody else can have another cheat sheet ready under their own table.
In a sentence, too much mercy to threats, not enough of it for users with ranks that are being active in the community, and no one knows how to punish team killing.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
Ok. It's time to figure this all out. I reported for team killing and got my report denied because:
"The punshments for team killing are too harsh"
It's... Unacceptable. It's an easy exploit in the system. Fix this before anyone starts pouring lava on your friend.
You got that reply because, at the moment, us staff can only ban in months with the the minimum being 1 month. Also, there is a punishment for team killing. If you warn the player while recording them killing teammates then they can be banned. There is a new punishment system in the works that will rectify this so we can ban for things like hours, days, and weeks. So please be patient with us until it can be rolled out and we can have a more suitable punishment for the smaller offenses (i.e. team killing, camping, cross-teaming).

Savage_pro

Jun 5, 2016
lincolnton.nc 28092
You got that reply because, at the moment, us staff can only ban in months with the the minimum being 1 month. Also, there is a punishment for team killing. If you warn the player while recording them killing teammates then they can be banned. There is a new punishment system in the works that will rectify this so we can ban for things like hours, days, and weeks. So please be patient with us until it can be rolled out and we can have a more suitable punishment for the smaller offenses (i.e. team killing, camping, cross-teaming).
but the most recently banned people moerr than likely ban time cant or wont be changed even its a new system

Typicaaal

Forum Expert
Jul 14, 2015
The Multiverse
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi!

So, I am making this thread to talk about the amount of time people are muted or banned. I have a problem with it personally. I do NOT think hackers should be banned for one year on their first offense. Sure, if it like their third time doing something like that, then yes, go ahead and ban them for a year. But I think things should be different, because it should only take a few months for a person to learn their lesson. I would love to see a system that goes as follows as to receiving a ban via hacking or exploiting.

1. On the first offense, they receive a two to three month ban at most, maybe even four.
  2. On the second offense, or maybe even the third, they receive a ban for at least 8 to 12 months, and if it continues, a perm ban.
I say these things on the behalf of my banned friend, who upon using a little hack for the first time, was banned for a year. It does not take him a year to learn his lesson, and I believe he deserves a smaller ban. All in all, i believe the ban punishments are a little harsh, and would love if they were decreased a small bit.

Thanks for reading, and if anybody supports or does not support this suggestion, please reply why you do or do not.

P.S. - Also, I think that if those hackers admit to it, it should be shortened. Showing that they admit their faults is really responsible of them. I'm not saying they should get off the hook, I'm just saying maybe take 4 or 5 months off, so it isn't as bad as one year.

I dont like this one, because hackers can comeback and hack again, 1 year ago, when i joined cubecraft, they banned players for 99 or 999 months. So 1 year is not that long if you think about it, ofcourse 1 year is not short but hackers are not allowed and they need to learn they lessons. I say stay like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters