Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Chromodynamics

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2021
The Quantum Realm
Pronouns
He/Him
I had a question on Legacy Games in Cubecraft's Java Platform and about the potential of Winter Update in Cubecraft, but first, let me explain what I mean by a "Legacy Game".

Legacy Games:
When I say "Legacy Games" I mean the games which were removed while the 1.19 update of Cubecraft was underway on the Java platform. These games include (for example): Tower Defence, Among Slimes and many more.

The Question - (1)
This question has probably been discussed before, and is about the integration of the "Legacy Games". I am aware that Cubecraft removed these games due to low player count, but with the Java update coming to finalisation, and the Bedrock Platform receiving its 1.19 update in near future, would there be a possibility for these "Legacy Games" to return to the Java Platform? Should we expect this or is this an unlikely possibility?

The Question - (2)
As I have seen over the past 3-4 years, Cubecraft usually tries its level best to provide its players with Seasonal Updates, such as Spring, Summer and Winter. This question is specifically aimed at the Winter Update that Cubecraft Performs. As of 2022, due to the major 1.19 update of the server, the Winter Update released, but with minimal featured games, compared to the update released in 2021 - which I totally understand and can relate to in some aspects. But that isn't the problem. The question I had was that Cubecraft did a Winter Update in 2021, which contained both Snowman Survival and Colony Control, in which Colony Control did not appear in 2022. With the vast majority of the 1.19 revamp being completed (80% as stated by the post made by rubik_cube_man), would there be, first of all, a Winter Update for 2023, and if so, should we expect Colony Control to appear this year?
Info: A thread was posted with this question but in different context, on the 9th December 2022 by lesscraft.
Following the release of 1.19 - these are a few projects we want to get started
  • Birthday event
  • Frequent game updates
  • More community events
  • New game
  • Regular content packs
  • One game getting major ambitious changes
Addition to the question: I am also aware that projects like these may be a hindrance towards the accomplishment of a Winter Update in full (meaning that all featured games are released for example) or even a Winter update being possible, hence the question.

Just restating that this thread was solely for the purpose of getting my questions answered, so if possible, please do try to answer these.

Thanks!

Sep 28, 2022
The Backrooms
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I had a question on Legacy Games in Cubecraft's Java Platform and about the potential of Winter Update in Cubecraft, but first, let me explain what I mean by a "Legacy Game".

Legacy Games:
When I say "Legacy Games" I mean the games which were removed while the 1.19 update of Cubecraft was underway on the Java platform. These games include (for example): Tower Defence, Among Slimes and many more.

The Question - (1)
This question has probably been discussed before, and is about the integration of the "Legacy Games". I am aware that Cubecraft removed these games due to low player count, but with the Java update coming to finalisation, and the Bedrock Platform receiving its 1.19 update in near future, would there be a possibility for these "Legacy Games" to return to the Java Platform? Should we expect this or is this an unlikely possibility?

The Question - (2)
As I have seen over the past 3-4 years, Cubecraft usually tries its level best to provide its players with Seasonal Updates, such as Spring, Summer and Winter. This question is specifically aimed at the Winter Update that Cubecraft Performs. As of 2022, due to the major 1.19 update of the server, the Winter Update released, but with minimal featured games, compared to the update released in 2021 - which I totally understand and can relate to in some aspects. But that isn't the problem. The question I had was that Cubecraft did a Winter Update in 2021, which contained both Snowman Survival and Colony Control, in which Colony Control did not appear in 2022. With the vast majority of the 1.19 revamp being completed (80% as stated by the post made by rubik_cube_man), would there be, first of all, a Winter Update for 2023, and if so, should we expect Colony Control to appear this year?
Info: A thread was posted with this question but in different context, on the 9th December 2022 by lesscraft.

Addition to the question: I am also aware that projects like these may be a hindrance towards the accomplishment of a Winter Update in full (meaning that all featured games are released for example) or even a Winter update being possible, hence the question.

Just restating that this thread was solely for the purpose of getting my questions answered, so if possible, please do try to answer these.

Thanks!
Abt question 1, I don't think Cubecraft will bring back the old games any time soon, but in the 1.19 update on bedrock there will be a new game :)

And yh it would be nice if colony control comes next winter again or maybe even a new game, which I'm not expecting but who knows.

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
We don't have a definitive answer for any of this yet, but I could help a bit with what I know.

For legacy games, I'm not too hopeful about them right now, but it's still possible in the future. Last September, the server team said that they could look into bringing back the legacy gamemodes once Java has enough players to support them. However, as it stands, I don't think the player count has increased at all from what it used to be, but 1.19 is still in Beta so I suppose we'll have to wait and see. Personally, I'm hoping that the projects they want to work on after 1.19 may be the ones that will start to increase the player count.

Though, where they mentioned a new game in the update thread, it didn't say anything about it being only for Bedrock. Perhaps this new game could be new to Bedrock but something that used to be on Java before the update. Or it could just be something entirely new for both platforms. Whatever the case, I'm interested to find out :)

Although I can't say for sure, I think it's very likely that Colony Control will return this year. The main reason it wasn't added in 2022 was because it would have needed to be updated to the new game framework, and doing so would have taken too many resources away from 1.19 development. On that note, once 1.19 is finished, it's likely that the simplified seasonal updates will start to come to an end and they will get their usual content back in the future. Colony Control was quite popular with the community and the team was aware of this, so I personally think it's likely - but not guaranteed - to come back.

Chromodynamics

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2021
The Quantum Realm
Pronouns
He/Him
Although I can't say for sure, I think it's very likely that Colony Control will return this year
This is what I believe as well, as the 1.19 development is currently at around a 80% completion status, but I'm guessing we have just got to wait until around December to be able to see if this plays out :)

Reactions: Lyriie
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #47-
There are approximately 6,500 languages in the world (not counting the ancient languages, only the languages that are used recently)!
Mintypie231 wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow!!
good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom