Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you guys want a leaderboard that gets reset monthly? (Basically a monthly leaderboard)

• Total voters

sKuLLcLaW8184

May 2, 2020
ur mom's place
Just reset the leaderboard or add a monthly leaderboard that gets reset monthly. Seriously it's no fun for us. We just can't standby and watch that the leaderboard will never change because of the old playerbase on CubeCraft grinding for decades straight, making it impossible to pass them. And no offence but most of the leaderboard players are actual trash and I've beaten almost all of them. So please reset the damn leaderboard or add a monthly lb that gets reset. Thank you

Deann

what's a bug 🍪
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jul 2, 2017
the agency
i honestly dont see why LB is such a big deal for people, is it all about being the best or something..? sure they could reset it, but would it really stop the same people from grinding wins over again until they're number 1? i disagree because of this
Well it's not for everybody but some people are the competitive type, and for those people yeah they do enjoy being the best. The purpose of the monthly leaderboard isn't to stop grinding, it's just to give everyone a clean slate every month. With the way it is now, you'd have to win 100+ games every day for a full year to get to first place in Team Eggwars. I myself am pretty indifferent to a monthly leaderboard, I'm just trying to point out why it would appeal to some people.

Edit: Just noticed the Bedrock tag so my example might not be accurate, but the same logic still applies

Reactions: Conea64

Vrachtschip

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Why should they reset it? Before Eggwars mega came out, I never thought I would reach the leaderboard. But when it came out I played it since the start and now I am number 8 on the LB! Im trying to say you just need to try getting on the LB in new games, there you can have a fresh start.

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
I see you, I also thought that at first, but actually, if you are really dedicated and good at a minigame, it isn't that hard to get in some games leaderboards.

But it isn't about being the one that haves a better place in the leaderboards, is about having fun I guess.

I don't get why everyone would care that much to be on a leaderboard that just shows how many wins you have.

• Haha
Reactions: Wave Master7S
D

Deleted member 486292

I dont like cubecraft's current leaderboard system. Leaderboards are great to be on but theyre hidden from the casual playerbase's view. I think 2 things should happen

1) have a monthly leaderboard on top of the lifetime leaderboard - it would encourage more players to not only spend more time on the server but make getting on the leaderboard a bit more tangible for new players or ones that dont have an entire summer to grind a few thousand wins.

2) make the existing leaderboards more noticeable. perhaps a leaderboard section in the lobby. The leaderboard page was removed from cubecraft's website for literally no reason and to access leaderboards in game you need to toggle through a few menus. even then, the layout is a scroll UI and only displays a few names at a time. Many pocketmine practice servers have invisible nametags that display top user statistics, which I think would be very fitting on cubecraft.

Ma1i3er

Novice Member
Feb 6, 2021
Chile
I have been playing more competitively a little time ago and I want to fight to get to the top of SkyWars Duo, even so it does not seem fair that the Leaderboard be restarted.
I think the best thing they could do is do a daily, weekly and monthly Leaderboard.

Goodyannathan

Novice Member
Jun 8, 2020
I dont like a leaderboard reset because that would be kinda unfair to players that have spent a lot of time grinding and are still playing. imagine the leaderboard gets reset when youre about to hit 1st spot lol. I do like the idea of a monthly leaderboard but that would give a lot of leaderboards. Maybe add a monthly wins leaderboard for entire skywars? and 1 for eggwars etc. then we could also do a kill leaderboard or winstreak leaderboard maybe. this would give 2 extra leaderboards on every gamemode instead of 5 (otherwise you would have montly solo,duo,squad,mega,chaos for example)
2) make the existing leaderboards more noticeable. perhaps a leaderboard section in the lobby. The leaderboard page was removed from cubecraft's website for literally no reason and to access leaderboards in game you need to toggle through a few menus. even then, the layout is a scroll UI and only displays a few names at a time. Many pocketmine practice servers have invisible nametags that display top user statistics, which I think would be very fitting on cubecraft.
About this i agree that they deserve more attention, maybe add a room in every lobby where the top5 from all leaderboards are visable (like the old java lobby's) or a tag for the top 10. would look like this for example: [rank]Goodyannathan{#3}

ashtonjw22

Dec 13, 2020
I think it would be good because I've always wanted to beat my friend in kills for blockwars and it would be good for a chance to beat him

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
As a leaderboard player I disagree.I’ve worked since July to get on leaderboards and having it reset would be devastating also plus some people have 10k+ wins so it won’t be a good idea to reset.Yes maybe we can add a monthly leaderboard but it will probably be filled up with already existing leaderboard players.

pieterpeer

May 3, 2020
The Netherlands
Maybe it's because I'm a leaderboard player, but I like the leaderboards and I don't think they should reset it. That said, I do understand you, it's really hard to get on the leaderboard of a game that has existed for a long time. I think it would be a good idea to improve the leaderboard menu, something like a monthly leaderboard besides the already existing 'all time' leaderboard.

Critly

Forum Expert
May 23, 2018
Poland but live in Belgium
Hey!
I don't think this is necessarily needed to be honest. Leadboards, if you're on it ok true it's cool. But the people that are on there they indeed put a lot of effort to get on there. And in my opinion they should stay. Maybe as for featured gamemodes the leaderboard there would be a good idea to reset (monthly). As the games are really short on there and everyone would get the chance to be on it. I never really thought about coming on a leaderboard. But somehow I did come on it (Assassinations) without even knowing, because I didn't really fight for it. I just played because it's fun.
-OhCritly

Reactions: pieterpeer

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
I don't think they should reset the leaderboards, people have grinded thousands of wins, you can't just make them start over in my opinion.
I'd love a monthly/weekly leaderboard though!

Reactions: pieterpeer

zMigi_

Jun 1, 2017
AmigoLand
zmigi.ca
Pronouns
They/Them
I dont think leaderboards will ever reset
because some people have grinded for months/years and I don't think it would be fair to just make them start over

Icouzz

Aug 26, 2019
Bulgaria
No, it shouldn't reset, people who spent years of playing, and then they will lose everything, im sorry, but i disagree

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom