Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Want to play with StarCraft 2 style kits in multiplayer? When will these features be legitimate?

• Yes, soon

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No, never

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Ever wanted a better multiplayer experience? Want to feel like a tank or feel the power of the sun at your fingertips? Then this suggestion is for you!

Short suggestion
Make new kits for multiplayer based on StarCraft 2 units and abilities. For example, we can have the "crackling" kit, which is based on a StarCraft 2 crackling (fully upgraded zergling with upgraded attack and move speeds). For more details, we need to start on the theory and how we can make these kits.

Theory
For reference why StarCraft 2 is similar to MineCraft, see this thread below for reference (under its disclaimer):
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/hacking-small-solution-or-legit-play.176503/

To create the kits, StarCraft 2 stats were taken from SC2 Heart of the Swarm/Co-op multiplayer.

All SC2 units have some of the following attributes:
-Armor: light, armored
-Type: biological, mechanical
-Attack: melee, ranged
-Movement: air, ground
-Special: Detector, heroic, massive, psionic, structure

From MineCraft:
-Crafting is still in the game, but only for the MineCraft kit -- see below.

Spell damage is not affected by armor but regular damage is. For example, in StarCraft 2, a marine's 6 damage attack against a target with 1 armor will deal 5 damage against the target. As another example, a unit that uses snipe (25 spell damage, 50 against psionic) will deal 25 damage against the same target, assuming it is not psionic.

We also need to select references from both MineCraft and StarCraft 2. For reference, we will pick the StarCraft 2 marine and the MineCraft player character as references.

Their stats and attack ranges are:
-Marine: 45 HP, range: 5, move speed: 2.25, damage: 6, 0.86 seconds weapon speed, attributes: light, biological
-MineCraft player: 20 HP, move speed: 4.3, range: melee (1-5 blocks), weapon speed: 0.625 seconds

We will scale SC2 stats to MC stats using the references above by doing the following:
-multiplying range by 5
-multiply damage by 0.4
-scale the attack speed.
-multiply the HP by 0.4
-Using MC player move speed as its base, we make up for the speed bonuses in SC2 by using speed status effects.

For example, the marine's scaled stats are now 2.4 damage, 1 second (weapon speed), and 25 range. Melee range in MineCraft is defined as within 5 blocks. Light armor is considered leather or gold. Armored is considered chain, iron, or diamond.

The long suggestion: more kits server-wide, full details of each kit below. More can be added.
As asked above, you want more kits or a cross-over with another game? Then this is for you! These are the following default mechanics.
-All bows will have infinity and punch 1. Melee means the kit should have a melee weapon such as a sword while ranged kits use a bow.
-Shields regenerate 1HP/second after 10 seconds when out of combat.
-By default, standard players have attributes "light, biological, and ground." Default stats are 20 HP and weapon speeds/damage are based on weapons obtained in-game.

Kits
-Standard MineCraft player kit: The default kit. Attributes: light, biological, ground. Weapon: crafted bow. Weapon speed: 1 second. Range: 20, damage: 2. Ability: Protean
-Killing an enemy gives you the "blueprints" to make their weapons and armor.
-Upon using the blueprint, you can craft and use their items, giving you their damage, attack speed, range, and armor stats when equipping the newly crafted items. You cannot craft or build a laser drill or a nuke silo however. For example, upgrading your armor from light armor to iron/diamond will change your armor attribute from "light" to "armored." As another example, you cannot gain more HP unless you "learn" how to make the marine's shield and use it.
-This is the only kit that can craft armor and weapons. It is also the only kit that can carry or use more than one weapon, provided multiple blueprints are acquired and used to craft items.​

-Crackling kit: 14HP, range: melee, speed 6, haste 4, damage: 2, base weapon speed: 0.8 seconds. Attributes: light, biological, ground. Spawns as a group of 4 with the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th cracklings under your control (with AI pathfinding). Attacks ground only. Can burrow. If you die but have any extra cracklings left, you will take control of one of your minions.

-Marine kit: has a shield. Range: 25, damage: 2.4, weapon speed: 1 second. Attributes: light, biological, ground. Ability: stimpack. HP (without shield): 20. Can attack air and ground. Spawns as a pair with the second marine under your control (same mechanics as multiple cracklings).
-Shield increases Marine's HP by 25% (from 20 to 25). Stimpack damages user for 5 HP per use and grants speed 3, haste 5 for 10 seconds. Multiple stimpacks do not stack; rather, they reset the duration of stimpack.
-Chargelot kit: 20 shield HP, 40 HP, range: melee, speed 1, damage: 3.2(x2), weapon speed: 1.5 seconds. Attributes: light, biological, ground. Attacks ground only. Cannot regenerate regular HP.
-Ability: charge. Gives the chargelot speed 8 for 4 seconds and is automatically used when target is within 20 range. Cooldown: 10 seconds.
-Siege tank kit: Explosive bow in siege mode, standard bow in tank mode. Attributes: armored, mechanical, ground. HP: 64. Attacks ground only. Takes 3 seconds to switch between modes.
-In siege mode: 10 minimum range, 60 maximum range. Damage: 14 (20 vs armored). Weapon speed: 6 seconds. Attacks deal AoE explosive damage where the arrow lands. Targets that are below the minimum range (i.e., within <10 range, cannot be targeted unless the tank unsieges). Siege mode renders the user immobile.
-In tank mode: 35 range, damage: 6 (10 vs armored), weapon speed: 1. User can move but does not deal splash damage.
-Laser drill kit: Deploys a laser drill at your spawn. Building is invincible during build time and takes 3 minutes to build. Once set up, enemies can destroy it permanently.
-Stats: 200 HP, 2 DPS (ignores armor), attack range: 2500. Sight range: 60 (requires owner or teammates to act as spotter to maximize its attack range). Can automatically attack air and ground as long as it has a direct line of sight and can see the target. Attributes: armored, mechanical, structure
-No other benefits for the player otherwise. Uses default player stats for the player himself.
-Shadow Ops kit: Deploys a nuke silo at your spawn. Takes 3 minutes to make a nuke that deals 120 damage (200 vs structures). Enemies can destroy your nuke silo as soon as the match starts.
-Nukes take 15 seconds to land at target and user has a casting range of 40. When the user launches a nuke from the silo, the user is immobile and unable to attack during the 15 seconds. The enemy will see the nuke's landing point as a red dot (3 block high red block). All players in the map are warned when a nuke is launched.
-Building stats: 100 HP, attributes: armored, mechanical, structure.
-Player also has an EMP explosive which deals 40 shield damage and prevents/suppresses abilities from being used for 10 seconds. EMP is an AoE and has a cooldown of 30 seconds.
-Player can use snipe, dealing 10 damage regardless of armor type. Cooldown: 30 seconds.
-Player attributes: light, biological, psionic. Uses default player weapon and HP stats.​

-Viking fighter kit: Fighter transforms between air and ground mode. For both modes, HP: 50, attributes: armored, mechanical.
-In air mode: 4(x2) damage (8(x2) vs armored). Attacks air only. Weapon speed: 2, range: 45. Attribute: air
-In ground mode: 4.8 damage (8 vs mechanical). Attacks ground only. Weapon speed: 1, range: 30. Attribute: ground
-Cyclone kit: Fast hit-and-away vehicle. Stats: 72 HP, has speed 2, attributes: armored, mechanical, ground. Basic attacks attack ground only. Has the lock-on ability.
-Vs. ground: deals 1.2 damage (2 vs armored). Weapon speed: 0.16 seconds. Range: 30
-Vs. air: Must use lock-on to target air. Range: 35, weapon speed: 0.7 seconds. Deals 64 spell damage over 14 seconds against air targets.
-Lock-on: Must target an aerial target. Deals 64 spell damage over 14 seconds. Can move while firing but cancels if the target moves out of range. Bow automatically fires at locked-on flyers while lock-on is active. Can still manually attack ground targets while lock-on is active.
-Roach kit: 58 HP, 6.4 damage, range: 20. Weapon speed: 2 seconds. Has speed 2. Attributes: armored, biological, ground. Can use its bow as a melee weapon, dealing the same damage and using the same attack speed as its ranged attack. Can burrow to regenerate 2 HP per second. Attacks ground only.

-Mutalisk kit: 48 HP, range: 15, weapon speed: 1.5 seconds, has speed 3. Attributes: light, biological, air. Can attack ground and air. Has rapid regeneration which regenerates 0.4HP per second.
-Shoots a projectile that ricochets to up to 2 additional targets. Damage: 3.6 (first bounce), 1.2 (second bounce), 0.4 (third bounce). The same projectile cannot hit the same target more than once.​

What do you think of these kits? All of these kits incorporate legitimate features from this game, mods, and StarCraft 2.

TL;DR: This game is similar to StarCraft 2 and these kits are for all gamemodes.

Last edited:

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Are these like...
Ultimate customized kits...
So you can have like the abilty to dash, double jump and more....
Sounds cool...
I had an similar idea yesterday...
I didn't make a thread about because it's too much codding sadly...

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Are these like...
Ultimate customized kits...
So you can have like the abilty to dash, double jump and more....
Sounds cool...
I had an similar idea yesterday...
I didn't make a thread about because it's too much codding sadly...
For multiplayer, I mean all gamemodes or just put them into a new gamemode. I thought of this last week after I posted the "hacking: spec mode or legit play" thread 2 weeks ago. I didn't take much from Protoss yet since I haven't thought about its units deeply enough. I also originally took some ideas from my old MineCraft RTS thread I made 2 months ago.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
So why not take all of blizzarda games. And where is nova
She's a co-op commander in SC2 and is featured in a 9 mission DLC campaign.

I never played the other blizzard games, just SC2 (and some SC1) only. I know that StarCraft 1 originally used the WarCraft engine during beta testing. I suggested a MineCraft RTS (based on SC2) 2 months ago since no servers have it and the concept was buried years ago.

EDIT: got to implement a way to add an anti-light armor kit. I'm thinking of modifying the roach or adding another kit.

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
She's a co-op commander in SC2 and is featured in a 9 mission DLC campaign.

I never played the other blizzard games, just SC2 (and some SC1) only. I know that StarCraft 1 originally used the WarCraft engine during beta testing. I suggested a MineCraft RTS (based on SC2) 2 months ago since no servers have it and the concept was buried years ago.

EDIT: got to implement a way to add an anti-light armor kit. I'm thinking of modifying the roach or adding another kit.
tip play hots it has all blizzard characters except 21 of overwatches.(Imagine bastion) xD

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
TL;DR: This game is similar to StarCraft 2 and these kits are for all gamemodes.

Oh boy, where to even start.

1. This seems like a bunch of nonsense when looked at in Minecraft terms. Nuke silos? Things that attack air and ground units? Lock on? What even is an air unit in Minecraft; players don't fly! What would a nuke silo do? What the heck is shield damage? None of these things translate to Minecraft well at all! Minecraft is a first person game where all you do is control yourself. Starcraft is an RTS that focuses on controlling many units that autofire and creating buildings. They're just not all that compatible.

2. Even taking out the incompatibility, these stats are still very confusing. What's 200 building damage in Minecraft terms? How many blocks would a nuke's area be? What would count as a flying unit? You say things like '3.6 damage (on first bounce)'. What the heck is a first bounce?

3. Many of these would be very overpowered depending on the gamemode.

4. Sorry I'm being a bit harsh, but the only way to improve ideas is to have them tested and questioned. I'd love to see you refine it into something that fits into Minecraft but maybe still has a little Starcraft flair to it.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Oh boy, where to even start.

1. This seems like a bunch of nonsense when looked at in Minecraft terms. Nuke silos? Things that attack air and ground units? Lock on? What even is an air unit in Minecraft; players don't fly! What would a nuke silo do? What the heck is shield damage? None of these things translate to Minecraft well at all! Minecraft is a first person game where all you do is control yourself. Starcraft is an RTS that focuses on controlling many units that autofire and creating buildings. They're just not all that compatible.

2. Even taking out the incompatibility, these stats are still very confusing. What's 200 building damage in Minecraft terms? How many blocks would a nuke's area be? What would count as a flying unit? You say things like '3.6 damage (on first bounce)'. What the heck is a first bounce?

3. Many of these would be very overpowered depending on the gamemode.

4. Sorry I'm being a bit harsh, but the only way to improve ideas is to have them tested and questioned. I'd love to see you refine it into something that fits into Minecraft but maybe still has a little Starcraft flair to it.

1. Yes, some players do fly -- it's a fly hacker. Nuke silos just store a nuke that you can launch. Lock-on is similar to aimbot but only against air targets. In truth, besides the "-craft" suffix both games have, you're right that they're not compatible unless there's a MineCraft RTS mod. Shield damage is damage that affects shields only, not HP.

A flying unit is defined as anything flying in the air. Entities hit by a shulker bullet or has levitation temporarily become a flyer. Some mobs are naturally flyers such as ghasts, blazes, wither, bats, and the ender dragon. Additionally, any aircraft such as a redstone flying machine is considered a flyer.

2. Building damage is, as it says, damage against structures. All structures have HP. 40 block radius for a nuke is too OP -- maybe 10 is good. "First, second, and third bounce" means the attack bounces to up to 3 nearby targets.

3. Yep, that's why maybe a separate gamemode -- I mentioned having that option in post #3.

4. You're right about that.

Reactions: Jim Jimly

Jim Jimly

Jul 19, 2016
1. Yes, some players do fly -- it's a fly hacker. Nuke silos just store a nuke that you can launch. Lock-on is similar to aimbot but only against air targets. In truth, besides the "-craft" suffix both games have, you're right that they're not compatible unless there's a MineCraft RTS mod. Shield damage is damage that affects shields only, not HP.

A flying unit is defined as anything flying in the air. Entities hit by a shulker bullet or has levitation temporarily become a flyer. Some mobs are naturally flyers such as ghasts, blazes, wither, bats, and the ender dragon. Additionally, any aircraft such as a redstone flying machine is considered a flyer.

2. Building damage is, as it says, damage against structures. All structures have HP. 40 block radius for a nuke is too OP -- maybe 10 is good. "First, second, and third bounce" means the attack bounces to up to 3 nearby targets.

3. Yep, that's why maybe a separate gamemode -- I mentioned having that option in post #3.

4. You're right about that.

Okay, now your idea is starting to take shape. I'm seeing it more as a Minecraft gamemode than a copy-paste from Starcraft- that's good! Mayhaps you should refine your post some more and come up with a RTS gamemode idea?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
Okay, now your idea is starting to take shape. I'm seeing it more as a Minecraft gamemode than a copy-paste from Starcraft- that's good! Mayhaps you should refine your post some more and come up with a RTS gamemode idea?
I actually made a thread about a MineCraft RTS 2 months ago. Years ago, someone made an RTS project but its code was made in very old MC versions.
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/minecraft-rts.162609/

Edit:
-Someone made a project 5 years ago and put a video on youtube. Project's been dead since then. As an example only:
-Someone also made a video showing smart endermen AI building and demolishing buildings. This is where I got the idea for endermen to relocate a building but I lost the video showing that AI.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
💙
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday:D
Reesle wrote on SalasmonkeGG's profile.
Thank you for the follow! :D
Pluisje wrote on Hoshi's profile.
💅🏼💅🏼💅🏼
Top Bottom