Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Extend AFK Time

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Add Extra Warnings

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
In short, being AFK for some amount of time (I don't know the exact amount) causes you to be kicked completely from the server. This is not a completely bad idea; some sort of AFK detection is necessary. However, I find some aspects of the feature a bit annoying and inconvenient.

The most glaring issue I have with this system is the fact that it kicks you from the server altogether. I find myself taking short breaks from playing and coming back only to have to rejoin the server completely. I have a pretty good device so I can join back quickly, but others on less powerful devices may take a while to rejoin. I would suggest a system where players can quickly get back to playing when they return, such as an AFK room where moving sends you back to the lobby you were just in.

Additionally, the triggers for resetting the AFK timer are somewhat lacking. Navigating through menus does not currently reset the timer, and I have been kicked while looking at my stats and the leaderboards for an extended amount of time. I also found that looking around, attacking/interacting and crouching also do not reset the timer. Looking around is a bit of a gray area when it comes to this, but crouching, attacking, and interacting clearly demonstrate that a player is not AFK.

When you are about to be kicked for AFK, the server gives you a warning. You are notified every second in the 10 seconds prior to you being kicked through chat. I find this system inadequate. Even when I can see my game out of the corner of my eye, those 10 seconds are sometimes not enough for me to realize I am about to be kicked and do something to reset the AFK timer. If there is to be no change to the fact that you get kicked from the server for being AFK, I would suggest that warnings be sent earlier (say, at 1:00 and 0:30 as well) to give people more of a heads up. If instead the players are moved to an AFK server, warnings should not be given since it is easy for players to rejoin the lobby they were in and the warnings would only flood their chat.

If it is insisted that kicking for AFK is kept, I would suggest at least increasing the time before you get kicked. I feel that it is currently too easy to get kicked, and a longer time would be more accommodating for players who, for whatever reason, need to take a short break.

Snowwyyy

Apr 5, 2020
The Far Lucky Islands
Pronouns
He/Him
In my opinion, kicking from the game back to lobby is more preferable, take me for example who takes some (a lot) of time to connect to the network, my votes goes to the 2nd.

Reactions: Vrachtschip

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i think it should be extended, sometimes you just gotta do something irl like go to the toilet, dinner mid game, open the front door..... but the afk timer is just quite short, and its extremely frustrating how we cant rejoin a game after getting kicked. for both platforms, think about longer gamemodes like eggwars. when looking at java only, think about TD. i personally dont see the point of getting kicked from the server

Reactions: DiamondSnake125

ReMD0G

Jul 1, 2020
I believe that it should be the same because there are a lot of people that take up the network and sometimes they can be AFK. When they are AFK, they can contribute to the server’s ping. However there are a lot of people in CubeCraft that are AFK and we don’t want the server to lag because of unnecessary users on the game right now.

Reactions: DiamondSnake125
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That's an interesting tag in your name.
GiGaGekkies wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy Birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thank you for the follow!:D
Hello peopleeee!! How are you doing today?
Top Bottom