Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmol

Novice Member
Dec 7, 2016
Hi, in case you didn't know, today there was an uproar in the 1.8 egg-wars community after all the players who participated in the first round of the 'KING OF THE EGG' 1.8 egg-wars tournament were unfairly banned. First of all, let me provide everyone unknowing of this some context. The event was originally organized by Augyy, Rancho and Roonez (it is crucial to note that Roonez, the organizer who seeked permission to host this, resigned from management months before the event started). From what I have gathered, Roonez had contacted a mod about the tournament and was given permission to host this tournament as long as: 1. There was no entry fee and 2. The prizepool was something from the CubeCraft shop. The tournament followed these guidelines, there were no entry fees and the prize was a plus rank for the 5 members of the winning team which would be provided generously by our sponsor AaeharN64. Regardless of the plans made in advance Staff still decided to perm ban all the players who participated in the first round (me included) with the ban description as: You were banned by Marieke2001 at May 7, 2020 6:49:54 PM for Illegal EggWars tournament.
Now, word is that Marieke2001 was given permission to go through with these bans by higher up staff (probably admin) and that players participating in the egg-wars tournament were crossteaming, as this is such a grey area especially regarding tournaments, where there is no option to make a private lobby, you can be the judge of that by watching the stream of the event on youtube *(link will be at the end). It is also important to note that there is no rule on the 'Official rules' post regarding 'illegal tournaments' on this server, all the players who got banned did not know that these rules even existed and and there was no transparency with any participants of the tournament about all of this behind the scenes action until players realised they had been banned. Now, I am not shifting any blame here to neither management nor staff and apologies if thats what you think, however I think its clear this was a huge misunderstanding and the lack of communication between management of the event and staff is quite evident.
I believe that there is a problem here in the community that needs to be addressed. Some staff can't seem to grasp the benefits of events like these for the community. Banning dedicated members of the community, where some have shown their dedication through the purchase of ranks, really gives the impression that some staff don't seem to care for the community. Now although this isn't the case, this is justified when you are quick to ban players in the blink of an eye to try and get a better shot at admin. I, myself have fallen victim to this and have had to deal with 2 false bans already, which were rightfully cleared.
However I do have some hope for this server, I understand as staff you may have a lot on your plate and can slip up at times, we are all human, but soon these mistakes will cause the small 1.8 community here at CubeCraft to deteriorate slowly but surely.

This post will serve as my perm ban appeal and as some insight on how the community really feels about the staff on this server
If you made it this far then I appreciate you taking your time reading this and I hope to hear the thoughts of all the community on this, especially staff and those involved.
*(Link to the yt clip referenced above:
)
Many Thanks
M A R M O L

p.s. i insist that this post does not get locked as it does not breach any of the forum rules mentioned on the 'Official rules' post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Reesle wrote on Mantas2221's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! 👋
been working on chapter 4 + some changes to fhg
UncleSpect wrote on vk4zuta's profile.
thank you for the follow!
Top Bottom