What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska
Since map submissions are a thing again I had an idea for it. If your a member who contributes many projects (builds) semi-often and it known to do good work could receive a special rank like Jr.Buider for example. Since they have contributed a decent amount to the server like a builder. It could be a special rank on Discord, Forums, and In-game with perks and stuff. Cause not everyone has enough time to join a team but this along with sending in stuff when they could be a good idea. Let me know what yall think.

Edit: I'm dumb I meant to say Designer for everything so imagine designer instead of builder.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Since map submissions are a thing again I had an idea for it. If your a member who contributes many projects (builds) semi-often and it known to do good work could receive a special rank like Jr.Buider for example. Since they have contributed a decent amount to the server like a builder. It could be a special rank on Discord, Forums, and In-game with perks and stuff. Cause not everyone has enough time to join a team but this along with sending in stuff when they could be a good idea. Let me know what yall think.

I remember suggesting this long ago. Hopefully this idea gets accepted this time as I still believe it should be a thing.

Reactions: CatLoverSupreme

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I do think that it's a good idea in general, though it might be a lot more to manage and deal with since they wouldn't be fully Designers ect and would most likely need more help and feedback since it would be Jr/Trial.

Reactions: FireExcalibur10

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska
I do think that it's a good idea in general, though it might be a lot more to manage and deal with since they wouldn't be fully Designers ect and would most likely need more help and feedback since it would be Jr/Trial.

It’s just a added rank with perks for contributing a lot and doing good work for the server but not wanting to be a full on designer necessarily. If they were interested in becoming a designer they could indicate there experience and ownership of the role in there designer application giving them an extra edge when applying.

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
It’s just a added rank with perks for contributing a lot and doing good work for the server but not wanting to be a full on designer necessarily. If they were interested in becoming a designer they could indicate there experience and ownership of the role in there designer application giving them an extra edge when applying.
Yeah I like that point of view, they would have more chance of getting accepted while having this rank.

Reactions: CatLoverSupreme

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I can see why this may be wanted, but I feel it wouldn't be fair to the ones that worked hard and applied for the rank for people who submitted a single map to get a rank with perks.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
@Riley @TheJeroen Care to explain why you voted no? :)
There are also a bunch of other volunteers, such as the translation team. I don't see why ranks, labels, roles, etc. should be given to a certain group of people on the forums if they don't need more permissions or similar. It's like people would only do it to get a precious rank when in reality it's useless

TheJeroen

Forum Veteran
Dec 6, 2015
the Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
@Riley @TheJeroen Care to explain why you voted no? :)
Giving someone the rank called Jr. Builder / Jr. Designer may lead to people thinking they belong to the Staff team or any other possible confusion.
So first the name would have to be changed, if this were to be implemented to avoid any confusion.

To add on,
Yes, but maybe it should be a trial-builder rank? If you behave well and build cool things you'd be promoted to the regular builder rank.
Possibly. One of the reasons this could be a thing is if they don't want to be a full builder. But not a bad idea.
It wouldn't make much sence for someone to spend that much dedication and time to ensure multiple of his/her maps are up to standard to be implemented, only for them to say they would not want to be a full Designer. To have your map accepted it already needs to be near the standards of regular Designers (or Builders).

Also as a side note, the Trial-Builder would also be unnecessary and completely irrelevent, since all Designers (or at least the Building ones) will receive a Trial once they would be accepted after their apply to become a Designer anyways.

Aside from me not being a fan of the idea, like mentioned earlier, the chances of someone managing to create multiple maps that are on our standards, without already having applied for Designer, are pretty small.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I can see why this may be wanted, but I feel it wouldn't be fair to the ones that worked hard and applied for the rank for people who submitted a single map to get a rank with perks.
He did mean to get the lower tier builder which doesn’t give exsactly the same stuff like the real rank.This rank maybe will be not especially staff but it will be helpful for the community to get those little things like this cage often instead of waiting to update which will be very hard to do for the builders/designers

FireExcalibur10

Forum Expert
Jul 3, 2016
Andromeda
He did mean to get the lower tier builder which doesn’t give exsactly the same stuff like the real rank.This rank maybe will be not especially staff but it will be helpful for the community to get those little things like this cage often instead of waiting to update which will be very hard to do for the builders/designers
That is true.

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska

You don't get it from one map submitted. It has to be multiple and it has to show you make an effort.

There are also a bunch of other volunteers, such as the translation team. I don't see why ranks, labels, roles, etc. should be given to a certain group of people on the forums if they don't need more permissions or similar. It's like people would only do it to get a precious rank when in reality it's useless

True but I thought it'd would be nice. Especially to people who want to be builder but can't nessisarly due to time restrictions like school or work but can still do amazing things!

What are you talking about?

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
But if you wanted to be a builder and do the work of the builder but other things are holding you back it does not mean you don't deserve the rank.
You're either a builder or not a builder, no in-betweens. You either fully commit to the job or don't commit to it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Top Bottom