What do you think?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatLoverSupreme

Novice Member
Jun 1, 2019
Alaska
You're either a builder or not a builder, no in-betweens. You either fully commit to the job or don't commit to it at all

Says who? xD I don't think you make the rules. Not to mention this is a suggestion for "in-between" and I don't think you get what I'm talking about.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Says who? xD I don't think you make the rules. Not to mention this is a suggestion for "in-between" and I don't think you get what I'm talking about.
It's like a job.
You have one or not, but never in-between.

(designer can be considerd a job from my perspective)

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion! I have considered it a couple times in the past few years, but simply the overhead of it all, is way too much to manage and in all honestly I don't see the point of it as the cons outweigh the pros massively. We have done something similar in the past called 'Parkour Builder' and they were managed by two admins. Long story short they were so mismanaged and made no usable content within 3 months of the rank creation. So if we made this rank, it would most likely be me managing them.

Here is my list of pros and cons:

Pros
- New content
- New staff member always generates a buzz and sparks more creativity

Cons
- Recruiting one person always takes about half a day to get them up to speed, NDA signed, configuration of ranks, project management etc - stress
- They would need constant handholding and micro managing at the point it would be faster to do it myself. I have taught the team skills and they have taught me valuable skills. It's a good trade of knowledge and skill and to keep the team efficient and progressive.
- Excessive amount of time spent on training them up to get them to our standard
- Using development time to create a new rank just so they can have cosmetics, title and other perks. If that's why you want to be a designer to get 'server clout' then I wouldn't want you on the team. You are a contractor who is assigned projects, deadlines and in return get an income and work experience you can use for real world opportunities.
- There are more... but you get the point I don't like it

Map Submissions
This is the main reason I brought them back, there is next to no responsibility, micromanaging, contracts... it's simply a creative person making content for fun and hoping to see it on the server they play. This is how I got builder in 2013, I just watched lots of tutorials on youtube and got better over time through experience. Map submissions for me promotes creativity, community vibes and if they impress us enough on so many occasions then they have a higher chance of becoming a designer.

Jeroen, Yoyamin, Martijnmc, Teo, Huracan, unstrafeless and many more, all became builder through their forum interaction and growing their portfolio by showing off their content using: map creations, submitting maps and build competitions.

Summary
Hope this answers that query and thanks for your thread, I'm just against the idea sorry. I do hope to see growth and positive activity within map submissions instead and that could lead to other things.
(locking)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss!
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
congratss!
Amazinq wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats
Amazinq wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats
Top Bottom