Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
I often find it is hard to get into an arcade game (except at peak times) due to there being too few people in the waiting lobbies, or there being no servers available at all. This can put people off playing, as there appears to be no available servers filling up, despite there being many players already in-game.​

If they decide to join a waiting lobby it is likely that they'll completely miss the short opportunity to actually join a game with enough players (when that one ends and appears in server selection), which results in too few players being distributed over too many games to start any:

2017-12-16_17.38.42 - Copy.png

Therefore I propose everyone is given the ability to join already in-game servers (as a spectator) from the server selection menu, whilst obviously still being able to join a waiting game if that looks like the faster option to them.​

Positives:
  • Players can get into a populated game cycle sooner as they don't have to wait for enough new players to join to fill up a waiting lobby.
  • If a player is disconnected, it is easier to find the game they were in so don't lose their trophies on the leaderboard.
  • Similarly, players could be warped straight in via party invite by friends who are in-game, so they can join the fun sooner and reserve their place for the next game (there should still be a limit of 12 players per server, including spectators).
Negatives:
  • An effect of allowing people to join large, in-game servers is that there will be fewer games, each with more players, so for the solo gamemodes, players will get fewer wins on average.
  • Some people may abuse the ability to quickly join and leave many different servers, so spamming as well as stalking would be easier for them to do.

It would be great to hear what people think of this suggestion; feedback is greatly appreciated!​

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
Having an opportunity to spectate games would be great, there only has to be a limit on how many spectators there may be. But what if the game is fully filled up? Will players still spectate until there is enough space for them to join? If this is what you had in mind, yes, I agree. I'd honestly love to see this for every other game too, I will not go into detail about what that should be like because I will go off-topic.

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
Having an opportunity to spectate games would be great, there only has to be a limit on how many spectators there may be. But what if the game is fully filled up? Will players still spectate until there is enough space for them to join? If this is what you had in mind, yes, I agree. I'd honestly love to see this for every other game too, I will not go into detail about what that should be like because I will go off-topic.

I mean that each spectator is basically counted as a player, so once they join they are guaranteed a place in the next game. Therefore the limit of spectators + players has to still be 12 - no spectator would be able to join a full game, but seeing as there are generally a couple of players that quit games before they finish, and some games don't reach 12 players at the start of the game, I think there would almost always be the option to join a game cycle as spectator right away.

Reactions: Troublesomee

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
I mean that each spectator is basically counted as a player, so once they join they are guaranteed a place in the next game. Therefore the limit of spectators + players has to still be 12 - no spectator would be able to join a full game, but seeing as there are generally a couple of players that quit games before they finish, and some games don't reach 12 players at the start of the game, I think there would almost always be the option to join a game cycle as spectator right away.
Oke, this is clear to me now, cool suggestion. :)

Reactions: MrGrumpyCheese

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I often find it is hard to get into an arcade game (except at peak times) due to there being too few people in the waiting lobbies, or there were no servers available at all. This can put people off playing, as there appear to be no available servers filling up, despite there being many players already in-game.​

If they decide to join a waiting lobby it is likely that they'll completely miss the short opportunity to actually join a game with enough players (when that one ends and appears in server selection), which results in too few players being distributed over too many games to start any:

View attachment 140546

Therefore I propose everyone is given the ability to join already in-game servers (as a spectator) from the server selection menu, whilst obviously still being able to join a waiting game if that looks like the faster option to them.​

Positives:
  • Players can get into a populated game cycle sooner as they don't have to wait for enough new players to join to fill up a waiting lobby.
  • If a player is disconnected, it is easier to find the game they were in so don't lose their trophies on the leaderboard.
  • Similarly, players could be warped straight in via party invite by friends who are in-game, so they can join the fun sooner and reserve their place for the next game (there should still be a limit of 12 players per server, including spectators).
Negatives:
  • An effect of allowing people to join large, in-game servers is that there will be fewer games, each with more players, so for the solo gamemodes, players will get fewer wins on average.
  • Some people may abuse the ability to quickly join and leave many different servers, so spamming as well as stalking would be easier for them to do.

It would be great to hear what people think of this suggestion; feedback is greatly appreciated!​

I would like this added to all games.
You could spectate after someone died and left so its fair.
I find it very interesting!

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I often find it is hard to get into an arcade game (except at peak times) due to there being too few people in the waiting lobbies, or there being no servers available at all. This can put people off playing, as there appears to be no available servers filling up, despite there being many players already in-game.​

View attachment 140546

Positives:
Negatives:

This would be a nice addition to arcade as I find it hard to join some games that have at least 3 players in it.
+1

Top Bottom