Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
BEFORE READING THIS PLEASE CONSIDER THIS AS MY PERSONAL OPINION. I am not trying to bash the Cubecraft developers and/or admins, I have respect for all of the work they did to make Cube at its current stage. This is not meant as an topic to just put out hate, and absolutely not to pet myself on the back.

According to my reaction on this thread, https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/island-games-is-boring.197159/page-2#post-899748, I decided to make my own topic, so we can start discussing this without hijacking a different thread.

!! PERSONAL OPINION. NOT TRYING TO BE RUDE. !!
I totally agree with you on this one. CubeCraft used to be one of the most popular servers, but nowadays it's just falling apart more and more. It just feels like they are not even trying to stand out. Take a moment to look at other servers for example. No reason to name any names, since people will consider it as an advertisement. But just take a look at the others, (talking about the 1000+ ones). They are consistently improving, trying to release better content then there is already out there, just overall improvement. With the TNT game release my opinions just got an extra argument. It looks like it has been made in like 2 maybe 3 days. It just doesn't fit... The idea is pretty cool, but the outcome is so poorly.

Here, at CubeCraft I am getting the feeling that they are not even trying to be one of the biggest anymore... It's such a shame to me. Cube used to be one of my favorite servers to play on when I wanted to get a little distraction of all the hard working et cetera. And my feeling is coming more and more the truth. I mean look at CubeCraft in general.

Outdated gameplay.
All the game modes are about SkyWars, but with just a little twist. It is just all the same over and over.. the same style, same goal, same gameplay but just with 1 little change. Still worth to mention they did an amazing job at the Arcade Games rework, I had hope it was a push into the right direction but unfortunately it wasn't.
CubeCraft really should try some drugs to get some funky ideas. No.., but seriously.. Take a step into a different path, try something new instead of keeping it with the same old style we already know for years...

Take a look at this, for example, a Dutch server, with my as a lead developer, we wanted to make a Lucky block gamemode, but it had to be new and refreshing so we came up with a new way of opening those lucky blocks.
5eddf17c505cf196020527e708bf41fa.gif

As you can see, it looks way more 'cooler' and 'fresh' than just mining an simple block. These small things will change a lot. It doesn't seem like it will, but trust me. it will change everything. Take a better look at gameplay details, and try to work out things more into the small details.

An outdated feeling in the lobbies.
Look at the vanity systems. I do not need to explain more on this one I think. Almost the same as it was 2 years ago.

(And this one is 100% personal), the unprofessional way the server looks in general.
No player-count in the server selector, no 'pattern' in design across the network, too much usage of different colors in wrong places. And also; The server style does not fit the current builds. The builders at Cubecraft, holy-moly, they can build so well, it looks fantastic, well-detailed lobbies. But that just doesn't fit. Cubecraft it self as their network layout isn't well detailed at all.

I am going to cut if off right here since I am kinda stealing your thread. But in case you're wondering, yes I know what I am talking about since I am the one running one of the biggest Dutch servers at the moment. Game design is one of the most important things, and it just takes time and effort. But if we can pull it off to make such a successful game with just an average of 800 players, with only 2 developers. That means Cubecraft can do it too. And I have 100% trust in them. They just need to think out of the box for once and go on crazy, try some new things.

Again this is not hating. So please, do not hate on me for just my opinion, or my English grammar :$
(Yes I changed some grammar mistakes in the copied one)

But let's start it right here right now, do you agree with me? Or am I talking total nonsense? Let me know what you think of this topic. I know most of the players agree with this, but no one started talking about this in-detail. I think CubeCraft has much more potential to be one of the biggest servers out there, they got the players, the community, and last but not least, all the YouTubers (especially Dutch ones).

With all of already in the pocket, just try your best, and do something with it. I've met a lot of people with a perfect sight of game design, those people are mostly just regular players aged 15 - 17. So don't come up with, "It's hard to make great games it takes a lot of work and people to pull of." My friend made successful games, well balanced, well designed and he is only (just) 16. So please Cubecraft, it's really time to change the way you work. Put some more time in balancing and designing your gamemodes, instead of just releasing 'crap' games. Because just releasing new games isn't everything, as you might have noticed. rip blockband and control point. I know, developing isn't the easiest thing to do, but trust me. Taking your time to do it is worth it. If you want to get back those 10k players daily, you should change right here right now.

I know it can happen, I changed the way I work out things, so if I can do it, a huge server with multiple developers and administrators. can do it too. I am just a 17 years old boy with a hobby of creating Minecraft plugins, CubeCraft is a company with people working on it every day as their normal live job. Take that advantage and hire the right people to do the right things to get the server back on track.

Let me know what you think, and once again, this is not meant to be rude or anything like that.

Last edited:
F

Facelurite

Not only gameplay based , but also a change of the old lobby and revamping maps and animations sounds etc. Its the big details that attracts players to the server , but small details make them want to stay.

A new hub would symbolize a new CCG.

D

Deleted member 169486

The whole server needs a comeplete redo. The new TNT game seems interesting, but it's short, boring, and feels like UHC with a twist. A good place to start would be the forums, or the rules more specifically. Another thing to work on would be admin's actually giving a final say on suggestions, because right now it's mostly /report suggestions or /rejoin.

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
The whole server needs a comeplete redo. The new TNT game seems interesting, but it's short, boring, and feels like UHC with a twist. A good place to start would be the forums, or the rules more specifically. Another thing to work on would be admin's actually giving a final say on suggestions, because right now it's mostly /report suggestions or /rejoin.
Exactly. But I guess they won't do that, I've said this a year ago, but they just won't change, would be great if they told us the reason behind it.

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
Okay but redo the whole thing over a couple petty problems? Okay, not trying to be rude, but this isn't gonna happen
Pretty problems? That's not what I am talking about. Yeah, there are some pretty problems as well, you're completely right. But the whole game design isn't a pretty problem? I mean, game balancing is one thing, but game design is a whole different problem here. Look at the games you can play at CubeCraft, they're pretty similar to each other and most of them do not add things that make the game stand out. I played a few games of Lucky Islands today, just to get the feeling back of how it plays, and it feels so outdated. Like the kits, they're pretty useless, and they do not add anything to the game currently. I feel like kits should make a difference when you're playing games, otherwise you could just remove the kits since the game isn't any different with them. I mean, why add features that do not add anything useful to the game? That's what I mean with game design. Make kits more useful, make them upgradeable, just make them, in general, a thing to look forward to grind for.
This might sound a little bit rude towards some of you, but as stated above my thread, it's just my opinion, so I am pointing it out in the clearest way and just pointing straight to the facts. This is because I think it's such a shame to see CubeCraft just going down hill.

Hoebelpro

Novice Member
Jun 26, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
BEFORE READING THIS PLEASE CONSIDER THIS AS MY PERSONAL OPINION. I am not trying to bash the Cubecraft developers and/or admins, I have respect for all of the work they did to make Cube at its current stage. This is not meant as an topic to just put out hate, and absolutely not to pet myself on the back.

According to my reaction on this thread, https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/island-games-is-boring.197159/page-2#post-899748, I decided to make my own topic, so we can start discussing this without hijacking a different thread.

(Yes I changed some grammar mistakes in the copied one)

But let's start it right here right now, do you agree with me? Or am I talking total nonsense? Let me know what you think of this topic. I know most of the players agree with this, but no one started talking about this in-detail. I think CubeCraft has much more potential to be one of the biggest servers out there, they got the players, the community, and last but not least, all the YouTubers (especially Dutch ones).

With all of already in the pocket, just try your best, and do something with it. I've met a lot of people with a perfect sight of game design, those people are mostly just regular players aged 15 - 17. So don't come up with, "It's hard to make great games it takes a lot of work and people to pull of." My friend made successful games, well balanced, well designed and he is only (just) 16. So please Cubecraft, it's really time to change the way you work. Put some more time in balancing and designing your gamemodes, instead of just releasing 'crap' games. Because just releasing new games isn't everything, as you might have noticed. rip blockband and control point. I know, developing isn't the easiest thing to do, but trust me. Taking your time to do it is worth it. If you want to get back those 10k players daily, you should change right here right now.

I know it can happen, I changed the way I work out things, so if I can do it, a huge server with multiple developers and administrators. can do it too. I am just a 17 years old boy with a hobby of creating Minecraft plugins, CubeCraft is a company with people working on it every day as their normal live job. Take that advantage and hire the right people to do the right things to get the server back on track.

Let me know what you think, and once again, this is not meant to be rude or anything like that.
thiemo ik ken jou van dodo en enzoknol (ik accepteer al de inzet in allebei de servers van jou want dodojeweetwel is een zeer aparte en vrij orgineel server en ik wou je bedanken voor de inzet die je levert op de "server" van enzo want je bent altijd achter de schermen terwijl je de hele server hebt helpen bouwen), ik moet zeggen dat je gelijk hebt bv. als ik moest kiezen tussen de luckylegends van dodojeweetwel en die van cubecraft zou ik die van dodojeweetwel kiezen, als je kijkt naar de dingen die je krijgt en de powerups... en ja ccg blijft maar rond dezelfde concept werken
sorry that i spoke another language but this makes it alot easier

Reactions: Thiemo

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
thiemo ik ken jou van dodo en enzoknol (ik accepteer al de inzet in allebei de servers van jou want dodojeweetwel is een zeer aparte en vrij orgineel server en ik wou je bedanken voor de inzet die je levert op de "server" van enzo want je bent altijd achter de schermen terwijl je de hele server hebt helpen bouwen), ik moet zeggen dat je gelijk hebt bv. als ik moest kiezen tussen de luckylegends van dodojeweetwel en die van cubecraft zou ik die van dodojeweetwel kiezen, als je kijkt naar de dingen die je krijgt en de powerups... en ja ccg blijft maar rond dezelfde concept werken
sorry that i spoke another language but this makes it alot easier
For the non-dutch readers, he is just telling me he appreciates all my work that I do for the Dutch community of YouTubers and servers, and also he's pointing out that he would rather play the version I (me and my server) created then the one here at CubeCraft, just because we use things that are origional inside the game, and CubeCraft is still using the same concept over and over again.
Just translating it for you guys so his opinion becomes relevant to this discussion

Hoebelpro

Novice Member
Jun 26, 2017
www.cubecraft.net
For the non-dutch readers, he is just telling me he appreciates all my work that I do for the Dutch community of YouTubers and servers, and also he's pointing out that he would rather play the version I (me and my server) created then the one here at CubeCraft, just because we use things that are origional inside the game, and CubeCraft is still using the same concept over and over again.
Just translating it for you guys so his opinion becomes relevant to this discussion
thx

QuikMiner

Jul 31, 2016
Merrillville, Indiana
www.youtube.com
I totally agree. +1

hmm, a few petty problems? I would say these are quite important
If you worked on a server for years as a hard-working developer spending countless hours working on a server
Then the server that you worked for reset because of a couple questionable mini games
Wouldn't you be mad that your years of hard work just got thrown away?

Thiemo

Aug 24, 2015
If you worked on a server for years as a hard-working developer spending countless hours working on a server
Then the server that you worked for reset because of a couple questionable mini games
This is exactly what we did on the server I am the hard-working developer on. I spend hours, days, weeks in that server, but it was just too outdated so after a year we decided we had to change to the whole thing. And I am glad we did. We reworked the whole server, every minigame, and kept the things that were good enough the way they were. And look at us now, we grew from an average of 300-400 players to a daily of 600-800 players, and still growing every day. And look at me, I am not mad, I am glad we took that step because it set us into the right direction.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

QuikMiner

Jul 31, 2016
Merrillville, Indiana
www.youtube.com
Pretty problems? That's not what I am talking about. Yeah, there are some pretty problems as well, you're completely right. But the whole game design isn't a pretty problem? I mean, game balancing is one thing, but game design is a whole different problem here. Look at the games you can play at CubeCraft, they're pretty similar to each other and most of them do not add things that make the game stand out. I played a few games of Lucky Islands today, just to get the feeling back of how it plays, and it feels so outdated. Like the kits, they're pretty useless, and they do not add anything to the game currently. I feel like kits should make a difference when you're playing games, otherwise you could just remove the kits since the game isn't any different with them. I mean, why add features that do not add anything useful to the game? That's what I mean with game design. Make kits more useful, make them upgradeable, just make them, in general, a thing to look forward to grind for.
This might sound a little bit rude towards some of you, but as stated above my thread, it's just my opinion, so I am pointing it out in the clearest way and just pointing straight to the facts. This is because I think it's such a shame to see CubeCraft just going down hill.
While this is somewhat a valid argument
But I said petty (definition found here)

QuikMiner

Jul 31, 2016
Merrillville, Indiana
www.youtube.com
This is exactly what we did on the server I am the hard-working developer on. I spend hours, days, weeks in that server, but it was just too outdated so after year we decided we had to change to the whole thing. And I am glad we did. We reworked the whole server, every minigame, and kept the things that were good enough the way they were. And look at us now, we grew from an average of 300-400 players to a daily of 600-800 players, and still growing every day. And look at me, I am not mad, I am glad we took that step because it set us into the right direction.
Okay, but do you have a massive team of people who do this for a living and actually code? (assuming you don't know how to code)

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
"Oh cmon be in that person's shoes."
Of course, you can argue that they spend so much time. Now my question is who cares about the hours?
If a person worked for 1000000 hours and made pong compared to a guy who worked 48 hours to create CS:GO which is greater?
Quality or quantity

QuikMiner

Jul 31, 2016
Merrillville, Indiana
www.youtube.com
"Oh cmon be in that person's shoes."
Of course, you can argue that they spend so much time. Now my question is who cares about the hours?
If a person worked for 1000000 hours and made pong compared to a guy who worked 48 hours to create CS: GO which is greater?
Quality or quantity
But this is stuff made from scratch.
And it took WAY longer to make CS: GO than just two days but I get your point
I mean, you go ahead and try to make a better server with more players and sales. Then come back and tell me I'm a doofus :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
EpicShotz1432 wrote on Maxminedigger's profile.
Happy birthday 🎂
Top Bottom