• Leave the Leach tower as it is

• Replace the Leach tower

• Remove the Leach tower

• improve the Leach Tower in general

Results are only viewable after voting.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
So I am pretty new to the tower defense game but I decided that I would save up all my points on getting the most expensive item in the shop which is the Leach tower. However, after I bought it and used it for a couple of games I was wondering if this was even worth it. The shockwave is the only good attack it has and its totally unpredictable, plus it only happens about twice per game. And the Leach tower costs 2000 coins! To top it off, you cant even use it to defend against the wither because its a flying entity. Am I just missing something very op about the Leach tower or are other people feeling the same way? I mean if Im not missing anything than I honestly think that the mage tower is better than Leach.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElPtricko

GeldHaftige

Dedicated Member
May 4, 2017
Belgium
I understand your problem, But I dont agree, the leach tower does much damage And have an extra shock that does z lot of damage. It is also very Cheap for upgrading. You're right that is doesnt do any damage on the wither, Maybe a little addition.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I'm not much of a Tower Defense player, but I've had my period when I played it for a long time. I saved up points just to get that tower. In my opinion it's more effective than it seems. Usually people would send out Giants or creepers, and the leach tower is pretty effective against them. Even if it takes a while to charge up.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I'm not much of a Tower Defense player, but I've had my period when I played it for a long time. I saved up points just to get that tower. In my opinion it's more effective than it seems. Usually people would send out Giants or creepers, and the leach tower is pretty effective against them. Even if it takes a while to charge up.

Yea but its impossible to time the shockwave it produces to take out the giants.

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
I don't disagree with you that it's hard to time shockwave, but it's more of a risk that you'll have to take if you want to play with the leach.

But if that's a risk then you have a 50% chance that your shockwave will be useful or wasted. You know there's another way of putting that. Which is that there is a 50% chance of you wasting 2000 gold coins.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
But if that's a risk then you have a 50% chance that your shockwave will be useful or wasted. You know there's another way of putting that. Which is that there is a 50% chance of you wasting 2000 gold coins.

Why even bother buying all the tower if you aren't guaranteed a win? Why a kit?

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
The leech is one of the most situational towers in the game. It's not a chance that you waste your coins or not. If you place it too close to your spawn, then your opponents can exploit its location by prematurely setting it off with cheap, durable mobs such as creepers and skeletons. If you place it too far, then it won't charge often. In both scenarios, it's a waste of 2500 coins for a level 3 leech. The best place for it is in the middle of the map where it can cover a lot of area (=> more charge) and have its shockwave affect most of the map.

The wither is considered a ground entity, not a flying one. Even then leech can affect both ground and air units from charging or its shockwave. The key to making the most out of it is to place it somewhere where its location cannot be exploited while still allowing it to charge from tougher units. As a rule of thumb, against mobs with normal speed (e.g. zombies, blazes, skeletons), it takes 2 waves for it to charge. Against very slow mobs such as cubes and creepers, it can charge completely from just 1 wave. This tower is the only tower that can deal AoE damage to air units via its shockwave.

In short, it's a support tower that is good for clearing spread-out crowds and air units. Slow tough mobs near it to give it more time to charge and strategically place the leech to make the most out of it. However, given its situational use for new players, the 2k points isn't a good investment. (Saving your points for quake, zeus, sorcerer, or necros will give you more bang for your buck.)

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnificentSpam

MidnightMailman

Oct 19, 2016
Think Tank
www.youtube.com
The Leach tower is the most unique, and it can be the best tower in certain matches, and completely useless in others. I place them to deal with large groups of spread out mobs that would normally give my other towers a more difficult time. Also, I found it is nearly Ideal to do large amounts of damage to the trailings of giants. If I was going to recommend an order of towers to purchase I would say, Necromancer -> Quake -> Sorcerer -> Leach -> Zeus. The turret is complete garbage, and I only have it for style points.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
The fact the wither is a flying entity is irrelevant as the leech can attack silverfish endermites and blazes, only the zues, sorcerer and because of bugs, the necromancers, can actually attack the wither out of all the unlockable towers, how many times the power strike goes off depends on how many mobs the enemy sends and where you place it, if you place the leech where the mobs spawn it can go off very frequently, especially since the most common mob is a zombie, place it further down itll take longer as most mobs are either to fast or killed off, another good place is a corner especially one that does 180 degrees as itll give it more time to collect on slower mobs such as creepers

Reactions: Injunction

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
The fact the wither is a flying entity is irrelevant as the leech can attack silverfish endermites and blazes, only the zues, sorcerer and because of bugs, the necromancers, can actually attack the wither out of all the unlockable towers, how many times the power strike goes off depends on how many mobs the enemy sends and where you place it, if you place the leech where the mobs spawn it can go off very frequently, especially since the most common mob is a zombie, place it further down itll take longer as most mobs are either to fast or killed off, another good place is a corner especially one that does 180 degrees as itll give it more time to collect on slower mobs such as creepers

there's two problems with that. First of all, By the time you can get the leach tower your teammates have probably already taken all the good spots to put a leach tower. Second of all, you can't predict what troops your opponents use. It's not like I can tell if my opponent will use creepers or any other slow mob, and if they don't then you just wasted your 2000 coins spent on a leach tower.

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
there's two problems with that. First of all, By the time you can get the leach tower your teammates have probably already taken all the good spots to put a leach tower. Second of all, you can't predict what troops your opponents use. It's not like I can tell if my opponent will use creepers or any other slow mob, and if they don't then you just wasted your 2000 coins spent on a leach tower.
1. This is why you place all the towers you can then you can delete them later and replace them, essentially placeholding

2. What mob is sent dosent matter it just gives the tower an extra advantage if the mob is slow

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
1. This is why you place all the towers you can then you can delete them later and replace them, essentially placeholding

2. What mob is sent dosent matter it just gives the tower an extra advantage if the mob is slow

I think we just have different opinions on how fast the leach charges its shockwave.

betty's oldies

Forum Expert
It is possible to predict what your opponent may use after you play a lot of games and notice the common build orders most players use. At Armageddon, you can expect most players to send a giant. An even better player will scout your defenses, exploit your weakness, and send based on your weakness. For example, if they see you have a lot of archers but lack good anti-ground, then the better player will most likely send a giant against you (giants are strong against archers).

@jollow250, not always. DPS and performance are very important characteristics for towers. For example, archers do poorly against high-HP mobs or against ground mobs in general -- the TNT tower does better against general ground mobs than the archer but doesn't target air units. Against mobs with regen or if they have regen support, high DPS is even more important than just "any damage."

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on TheOrderOfSapphire's profile.
:3🍜
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will like it here!:D
I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
Top Bottom