Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

izabellie

Novice Member
Dec 29, 2018
Hello Cube Craft players and staff,

I create this post with the understanding that this topic has been addressed in the past. However, I propose a new question, and argument. As I, and hundreds of players, are aware, the java game mode Tower Defence was removed from the server in September 2022. We were under the impression the game mode would return if player counts increased. I noticed that last month, an administrator posted a comment that the staff team "[does not] currently have plans for its return." To this, I wonder, if the game mode does not return -- will the game be available for download or sale?

If the game is still in consideration for return to the server, I would like to appeal to the benefits of its reinstatement. First, Tower Defence is a unique game to Cube Craft. No other server has a game mode like this, and all attempts at Tower Defence mods are not on par with the quality that of the Cube Craft version. If the server intends to increase playership, bringing back Tower Defence would act as a means of achieving this goal. I, and several hundred other people, have not logged into Cube Craft following the September 2022 decision. The deletion of Tower Defence destroyed a loyal playerbase. Certainly, its reinstatement would bring us back. We long to play the game again. Additionally, advertisement of the game mode as unique to this server only could prove effective for player numbers. The majority of Tower Defence players rarely, if ever, joined other game modes on Cube Craft, because of the tight knit community. Reinstating the game mode would not pull a significant number of players from the current game modes, because Tower Defence's main playership consisted of "Tower-Defence-Only Cube Craft members." Then, I add, a good number of Tower Defence players paid for ranks for the sole purpose of voting privileges for the game mode. Very few bought it because of the privileges for other gamemodes, including myself. I understand that the server needs donations through ranks and the like to survive, and I propose that Tower Defence players would continue financial support of Cube Craft if the game returned.

And finally, a few words about my personal connection to the game, that I know many can relate to. I played Tower Defence for several years on the server, and grew up learning strategies, and making friends. Regardless if the game returns or if it potentially the mod was for sale, I and many others would be eternally grateful for even one more opportunity to play the game. I know it is a tough business decision to make, but I firmly believe it would be financially beneficial to reinstate the game.

I leave you with this, and I hope that the return of Tower Defence is viewed favorably among administrators. If it is not possible for this decision to be made, there will be disappointment among the former TD community. We miss the game, we miss playing with our friends. We hope for its return, or for the ability to purchase the mod if Cube Craft cannot support it.

Best Regards,
Izabella.

Wildd

Dedicated Member
Jun 4, 2020
I unfortunately never managed to play tower defence on Java, and really wish I had.

I just wanted to note a few things. Firstly, the team made the decision to remove Tower defence over other games on the network, obviously for a reason that we may not know at surface level.

When the 1.19 update comes out I really hope that games like this will be added back, but at the moment it isn't possible.

As I have no experience with it I cannot comment on its popularity or anything however I agree it sounds like a very unique game that it would be exciting to see return, and could be very popular!

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
THIS IS THE MOST FIRE GAME EVER
IMG_8805.jpeg
I gave bedrock a try and it's more fun than I imagined, just the building is a tad difficult for me lol
i dont think this is right
IMG_8801.jpeg
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
Top Bottom