Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
The tooling that he is currently designing will allow us the ability to more easily release maps to CubeCraft, as well as reducing the performance overhead of loading our current maps!
Ok I just read this closer, and I have a quick clarifying question. Does this mean that more maps will be loaded on the server at once (Meaning greater map selection)? Or does it mean just that servers will have less of a workload loading up maps? Thank you!

rubik_cube_man

game maker
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Oct 20, 2013
Ok I just read this closer, and I have a quick clarifying question. Does this mean that more maps will be loaded on the server at once (Meaning greater map selection)? Or does it mean just that servers will have less of a workload loading up maps? Thank you!
Currently, all our maps for a specific game mode are all in the same world. This means that when we want to load that game, we need to make a copy of all the maps. Some games like SkyWars have very big world files, and we need to make a copy of the world every time the server is started. The new build system enables up the ability to have each map in its own world, dramatically reducing world file size and hence reducing start up cost.
Unfortunately this does not mean that more servers will be loaded at once, however we're always trying to balance server creation so that maps fill up quickly while trying to give players more choice.

Reactions: Technosword

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Currently, all our maps for a specific game mode are all in the same world. This means that when we want to load that game, we need to make a copy of all the maps. Some games like SkyWars have very big world files, and we need to make a copy of the world every time the server is started. The new build system enables up the ability to have each map in its own world, dramatically reducing world file size and hence reducing start up cost.
Unfortunately this does not mean that more servers will be loaded at once, however we're always trying to balance server creation so that maps fill up quickly while trying to give players more choice.
Ok, thank you for the clarification!

TomasForever

Aug 9, 2020
View attachment 174439

Recently, we've bought on some new developers, to yet further expand our developer team. It's important to us that we keep growing our team, as more developers means more content, which means more happy players! :)

Game Developers

Currently, the only developer that we have is @Palombo, however we decided we needed more game developers, as we just weren't able to get out as many game updates as want. Introducing @utf_8 and @WorldeditAPI!

@utf_8 will be working on our Java PvP game, updating Duels, FFA and Assassination! He might even move it across to Bedrock some time after that as well!

@WorldeditAPI has started work on updating our Lucky Islands game for Java! Obviously he will be adding more Lucky Block contents but what other things could he possibly be changing?

Library Developers

Library Developers help us write the supporting content for the network. This includes things such as our kits, achievements and game system. I'm happy to welcome @libraryaddict and @BoxChief!

@libraryaddict is currently working on our build server! The build server is the place where the design team creates wicked looking Minecraft builds for us to enjoy, as well as mega Minecraft Marketplace maps. The tooling that he is currently designing will allow us the ability to more easily release maps to CubeCraft, as well as reducing the performance overhead of loading our current maps!

@BoxChief is going to start work on improving our voting rewards on Java! We would love for you to be able to vote on more sites, as this gives you more rewards, but also helps CubeCraft to grow, and we all know what's going to happen to our Java network if it continues to grow!

I hope you're all as excited as I am for what we have planned. I wish all the new developers the best, and hope they enjoy their time working here at CubeCraft! Remember, that if you ever want the opportunity to work here yourself, keep an eye on our Jobs site!

Bedrock BlockWars full release soon! 😱
View attachment 174423

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy Birthday, Deoxyq!! 🎂🎈
Reesle wrote on f1rstknight's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Reesle wrote on Shamel's profile.
Happy Birthday!! :)
Even though BedWars Duos released today, us OG EggWars players are also in for a treat!
1713972589889.png
Frontlane wrote on yeoxuhang's profile.
Thanks for the follow 🤍
Top Bottom