Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeyBoi

Dec 30, 2016
Earth
=========================================================================
Currently, Survival Games has only so many items to go around PvP wise and I was thinking about how we could improve this. I have accumulated a list of Items to introduce to SG and on what GameMode they should be in.

New Items:

Tipped Arrows(OP only)- It would add a nice twist on PvP and could really change the tide of battles, the only downfall I find is that it encourages bow spam in a sense if you're getting instant damage arrows or poison arrows though it can be countered with more bow spam
s-iiSl7a7oyVURD-5-IRZX_9g_MMiKeZOA42snAov6zdxotuhFqiPKb4ffZJeVRhg8Dgzxndz2qAikmLpE4KzzdhcsgO-pBPnX2t1mp2cEQ2A_rbwYpkHymqEoNKSDP_F-aU2M2g

Gold Ingots(Normal and OP)- You would along with this have to decrease the spawn of Apples or just keep the gold spawn low but this makes crafting gapples possible so that fights can last longer/ gives inexperienced PvP'ers a better chance at the game.

More Variety in Enchants(Basic, Normal, OP)- So enchants even in OP go to protection 2 max, and sharp 3 max, unbreaking 3 max etc. I believe that the lower tier armor you go, the higher the enchants can be to install a more mysterious and unknowing gameplay.

EX: A full diamond guy vs. a guy with protection 3 Iron but he doesn't know what enchants are, therefore, before he would normally just fight him but now the enchants are more scattered there is a bigger chance of closer fights.

The Kits need a major update and these are some kits I’d like to see implemented and my problems with the kits already in place.

New Kits:

Undetectable- Player will not show up on compass tracker until borders start to close. (1000 Points)

Primitive- Player get’s a damage buff when using wooden or stone weapons (450 Points)

Jester/Prankster- Starts off with water bucket, lava bucket along with a flint and steel. (300 Points)

Kit Buffs:

**=Buff

Peeta Bread- Why is this a kit… It’s extremely underpowered even for 100 points, people always get food within the first minute and even if that’s not guaranteed they get a weapon and can kill people for food. I really don’t know any other way to buff this then to give them *triple the original amount? If possible maybe give them better saturation effects from the bread?*

Archer- Rarely used, this could use a serious buff especially because bows aren’t exactly rare. *Increase arrows to 8 and give players a 25% chance of retrieving arrow on hit.*

FisherMan- Players rarely use fishing rods anymore, that was more in 1.8 PvP with the spamming so I think this would need *a buff to a 50% chance of pulling an item off a player* just due to the fact that most people would rather fight than desperately spam a fishing rod mid-battle to no avail.

Kit Debuffs:

**=Debuff

Scout- The ‘scout’ kit is almost never used for collecting loot and is 90% of the time used to kill players because they are too slow to run away. I have in mind 2 solutions to this, *1 reduce the speed to 1 minute, or 2 give the player slowness for 2 minutes after the speed is up (Fatigue).* People abuse this kit like crazy and it really needs a debuff.

Double Edged- This kit is a win-win? I haven’t played it much but I’m sure the effects add up which is why I propose it to be *Increased damage with Increased damage is taken or Decreased damage with decreased damage taken.*

Map Alterations:

Candy- A wonderful map, I love the build style and the idea although it does have it's flawed. When the border starts to close and the cakes start to fall people loop the map countless times due to the cakes everyone they do not have to stop and they are always regening, I suggest that cakes should have a possibility of giving a negative potion effect such as slowness or poison to encourage more fighting but still being there if players are desperately being chased.

Improvements?:

1- Remove player nametags, this can arguably be an amazing or drastic addition to SG but I’d like to see it added on a few conditions. With this if the footsteps trail was implemented and fades after some time along with sounds that can be heard from certain distances I believe it would add a more immersive feel and a different play style, of course, if worst comes to worst the compasses are always a thing and can be used to track down players. If multiple people run the ‘undetectable’ kit then it would essentially not work after a certain time period is reached without X number of kills.

2- Make deathmatch events happen more frequently, they are extremely enjoyable and make the game more intriguing rather expecting it always at one time. Just be sure to make it last the rest of the game when 3-4 players remain.

I always enjoy suggestions to my suggestions so please leave a comment of what you like and or think should be changed up

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
New Items:
For these, I don't think that the enchantment changes are really needed.
New Kits:
Primitive seems quite OP if people can just hit someone with a wood axe and change to a iron/diamond axe. If it gives the buff only when holding it then that's great.

For the Jester/Prankster kit, the lava bucket should be removed since you can just win with that kit. Also, make the Flint and Steel a half-durability one instead of a full/1 durability F&S.

Kit Buffs:
I really like your scout kit nerf, I feel that it should help with the kit abuse.

For the Double-Edged one, you deal MORE damage and also TAKE more damage. That's what I could make out from it, it seems really unclear what you're trying to say here.

Map Alterations:
That's a great idea, it should also be an effect. Once I had a match last for about ~20ish minutes just because it was OP with Diamond Armor and infinite cakes.

Improvements?:
Removing player nametags would make it more boring and slow, and making the game even more unpopular. The footsteps and other particle effects would cause quite a lot of lag, but I think that it should be included in a kit, where the nametags are hidden for you but you can see footsteps of other players.

Agree that the deathmatch quota should be increased to at least 4 players.

CONCLUSION
Great thread, hopefully would see a few suggestions added.

Reactions: Dutudy

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Currently, Survival Games has only so many items to go around PvP wise and I was thinking about how we could improve this. I have accumulated a list of Items to introduce to SG and on what GameMode they should be in.

New Items:

Tipped Arrows(OP only)- It would add a nice twist on PvP and could really change the tide of battles, the only downfall I find is that it encourages bow spam in a sense if you're getting instant damage arrows or poison arrows though it can be countered with more bow spam
s-iiSl7a7oyVURD-5-IRZX_9g_MMiKeZOA42snAov6zdxotuhFqiPKb4ffZJeVRhg8Dgzxndz2qAikmLpE4KzzdhcsgO-pBPnX2t1mp2cEQ2A_rbwYpkHymqEoNKSDP_F-aU2M2g

Gold Ingots(Normal and OP)- You would along with this have to decrease the spawn of Apples or just keep the gold spawn low but this makes crafting gapples possible so that fights can last longer/ gives inexperienced PvP'ers a better chance at the game.

More Variety in Enchants(Basic, Normal, OP)- So enchants even in OP go to protection 2 max, and sharp 3 max, unbreaking 3 max etc. I believe that the lower tier armor you go, the higher the enchants can be to install a more mysterious and unknowing gameplay.

EX: A full diamond guy vs. a guy with protection 3 Iron but he doesn't know what enchants are, therefore, before he would normally just fight him but now the enchants are more scattered there is a bigger chance of closer fights.

The Kits need a major update and these are some kits I’d like to see implemented and my problems with the kits already in place.

New Kits:

Undetectable- Player will not show up on compass tracker until borders start to close. (1000 Points)

Primitive- Player get’s a damage buff when using wooden or stone weapons (450 Points)

Jester/Prankster- Starts off with water bucket, lava bucket along with a flint and steel. (300 Points)

Kit Buffs:

**=Buff

Peeta Bread- Why is this a kit… It’s extremely underpowered even for 100 points, people always get food within the first minute and even if that’s not guaranteed they get a weapon and can kill people for food. I really don’t know any other way to buff this then to give them *triple the original amount? If possible maybe give them better saturation effects from the bread?*

Archer- Rarely used, this could use a serious buff especially because bows aren’t exactly rare. *Increase arrows to 8 and give players a 25% chance of retrieving arrow on hit.*

FisherMan- Players rarely use fishing rods anymore, that was more in 1.8 PvP with the spamming so I think this would need *a buff to a 50% chance of pulling an item off a player* just due to the fact that most people would rather fight than desperately spam a fishing rod mid-battle to no avail.

Kit Debuffs:

**=Debuff

Scout- The ‘scout’ kit is almost never used for collecting loot and is 90% of the time used to kill players because they are too slow to run away. I have in mind 2 solutions to this, *1 reduce the speed to 1 minute, or 2 give the player slowness for 2 minutes after the speed is up (Fatigue).* People abuse this kit like crazy and it really needs a debuff.

Double Edged- This kit is a win-win? I haven’t played it much but I’m sure the effects add up which is why I propose it to be *Increased damage with Increased damage is taken or Decreased damage with decreased damage taken.*

Map Alterations:

Candy- A wonderful map, I love the build style and the idea although it does have it's flawed. When the border starts to close and the cakes start to fall people loop the map countless times due to the cakes everyone they do not have to stop and they are always regening, I suggest that cakes should have a possibility of giving a negative potion effect such as slowness or poison to encourage more fighting but still being there if players are desperately being chased.

Improvements?:

1- Remove player nametags, this can arguably be an amazing or drastic addition to SG but I’d like to see it added on a few conditions. With this if the footsteps trail was implemented and fades after some time along with sounds that can be heard from certain distances I believe it would add a more immersive feel and a different play style, of course, if worst comes to worst the compasses are always a thing and can be used to track down players. If multiple people run the ‘undetectable’ kit then it would essentially not work after a certain time period is reached without X number of kills.

2- Make deathmatch events happen more frequently, they are extremely enjoyable and make the game more intriguing rather expecting it always at one time. Just be sure to make it last the rest of the game when 3-4 players remain.

I always enjoy suggestions to my suggestions so please leave a comment of what you like and or think should be changed up
Good ideas, I would suggest that the first “improvment?” Not to happen as if you remove the nametags, and you don’t have a compass, then what? Foot steps would be cool but weird. I feel like there is no need for it to be changed. Everything else seems good though.

Thaus

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
In a chicken coop
Peeta bread is a kit so I can tell people to use Peeta bread to win 99% of the time.

Don't have any strong disagreements except for the nametag one. I spend enough time on people that hide 4/5 of the game.

Reactions: BlazeyBoi

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
I don't think this would work. OP right now is not popular and I can't see this making it more popular, it would just be yet another reason not to play OP. Good suggestion tho.
Hell yes. Small thing, but a good one. Would also add flint into chests, so players can actually make flint&steel.
Definitely not in Basic & Normal. I could see it work in OP though.

Sure, I think any new kits would be nice. However, I think they should remove the "ability" kits and just keep the "raw" kits, so it's not completely unfair to other players who actually know what kit to pick (cannibal). Also suggested some more in my thread - https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/e...-survival-games-how-to-make-it-better.200754/
Just literally remove the kit in general.
I guess, but as I said, they shouldn't make ability kits imo. So I would just buff it 12-16 arrows.
This kit doesn't even work as far as I know, so if they don't add 1.8 in the next update, just remove the kit.
I actually disagree with this, I think this is one of the few kits that's fine. Kits like Cannibal need huge tweaks, not scout.
Again, would remove this kit. If not then yes, tweak it.
Mostly it doesn't even get to the stage for me, but I kinda agree. Just give a small chance of a negative potion effect.
I honestly don't know about this. Don't know how it would work as I have never seen this in SG.
I don't know if you mean the world events or whatever they're called, but if you do, then sure. But remove the Earthquake event as its extremely annoying and can actually get you banned from what I've seen.

All in all I like your thread, finally someone other than the usual people making threads about SG. They really need to make a good update.

CharlieShuffler

Novice Member
Nov 30, 2016
bump cuz it's been a year today since last sg update and this is badly needed but this is gonna get closed anyway and im gonna get a warning

FluffyRoses

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2013
bump cuz it's been a year today since last sg update and this is badly needed but this is gonna get closed anyway and im gonna get a warning

Please do not comment on threads that have not been replied to for over 2 weeks or 14 days, as it is considered necroposting which is against the forum rules, as stated in rule 5.

5- No Necro-posting. This is replying to threads which haven't been posted on within 2 weeks. They are not allowed to be revived (does not include forum games or news threads).

You can read all of the rules here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/official-rules.134453/
-Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom