caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
Hiya! :D
For message 100, I had to go with something SG related ofc! Today I'd like to share some potential ideas for new kits in Bedrock SG (I know some of these may have previously existed in the Java version in some form).

Blaster
Basic: 1 TnT
Normal: 2 TnT
Overpowered: 3 TnT

(@Fesa, this one's for you, haha!)
TnT has proved to be a strong item more recently, and when used well, it can kill someone with just one KABOOM. For this reason, I've suggested keeping the amount of TnT received rather limited (only 1-3). However, I don't think this would be too powerful as it is always possible to just move away from TnT!!

Archer
Basic: Unenchanted bow, and the player receives an arrow every 12 seconds
Normal: Power I bow, and the player receives an arrow every 8 seconds
Overpowered: Power II bow, and the player receives an arrow every 8 seconds, and sometimes this is a tipped arrow

This is a kit that you would expect to already have in survival games, as bows are a rather large feature of the game. The times chosen above, are just what initially felt right to me while writing this, but these could obviously be varied to other values for balancing purposes!

Navigator
Basic: Player tracker
Normal: Player tracker
Overpowered: Player tracker

Yes. It would be the same for every tier of loot. This kit has been suggested before by Cryptofrogz and I agree that is would be a very cool addition. A player tracker would not be too overpowered, but I am sure a lot of more experienced players would choose this kit in order to achieve faster games.

And that's all for now! Thanks for reading, and be sure to reply below with any thoughts you have on these :)​

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
CONGRATS ON 100 MESSAGES MEL

These kits are fairly balanced and are reasonable enough to have in the game, they fr need to be added

as an experienced player I would personally use archer and navigator more as they are kits that help me a lot more in the longer run compared to what we currently have

Lyriie

Sr. Mod
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Mar 31, 2018
Hmm... that TNT kit seems remarkably different from when we were discussing it in Discord and decided that it should come with 101 blocks of TNT...

Jokes aside, I love these suggestions and I think they would fit into Survival Games well, good job with the balancing! Also, congratulations on reaching 100 messages!

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
Hmm... that TNT kit seems remarkably different from when we were discussing it in Discord and decided that it should come with 101 blocks of TNT...

Jokes aside, I love these suggestions and I think they would fit into Survival Games well, good job with the balancing! Also, congratulations on reaching 100 messages!
I gave it some thought and decided that 101 was just a tiny bit too op. Very close to being reasonable, just that little bit too strong unfortunately.
And thank you! Next up is you reaching 1k messages >:)

Desiderata

Forum Expert
Oct 31, 2023
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/She/They
CONGRATS ON 100 MESSAGES MEL

These kits are fairly balanced and are reasonable enough to have in the game, they fr need to be added

as an experienced player I would personally use archer and navigator more as they are kits that help me a lot more in the longer run compared to what we currently have
imo the TNT kit would be a really great early game advantage

you can kill groups of enemies typically those near the cornucopia right after grace period ends (have seen this strat from @cryptofrogz the pro himself), or block spam them in case someone's been chasing you so you can buy enough time to escape and recover

getting a lot of kills early game especially with groups is a rlly good way to speed up the game

really well-put and balanced kits, looking forward to see them in-game! :D

@Hoshi get the feedback team to forward this, NOW 🌩️⚡⚡

• Heart
Reactions: caraMel

Mr Jii Gamer

Jun 10, 2022
Algérie
youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Hiya! :D
For message 100, I had to go with something SG related ofc! Today I'd like to share some potential ideas for new kits in Bedrock SG (I know some of these may have previously existed in the Java version in some form).

Blaster
Basic: 1 TnT
Normal: 2 TnT
Overpowered: 3 TnT

(@Fesa, this one's for you, haha!)
TnT has proved to be a strong item more recently, and when used well, it can kill someone with just one KABOOM. For this reason, I've suggested keeping the amount of TnT received rather limited (only 1-3). However, I don't think this would be too powerful as it is always possible to just move away from TnT!!

Archer
Basic: Unenchanted bow, and the player receives an arrow every 12 seconds
Normal: Power I bow, and the player receives an arrow every 8 seconds
Overpowered: Power II bow, and the player receives an arrow every 8 seconds, and sometimes this is a tipped arrow

This is a kit that you would expect to already have in survival games, as bows are a rather large feature of the game. The times chosen above, are just what initially felt right to me while writing this, but these could obviously be varied to other values for balancing purposes!

Navigator
Basic: Player tracker
Normal: Player tracker
Overpowered: Player tracker

Yes. It would be the same for every tier of loot. This kit has been suggested before by Cryptofrogz and I agree that is would be a very cool addition. A player tracker would not be too overpowered, but I am sure a lot of more experienced players would choose this kit in order to achieve faster games.

And that's all for now! Thanks for reading, and be sure to reply below with any thoughts you have on these :)​
I really play alot sg game but i see this suggestions is good for the game so i agree

• Heart

Thjis

Mood
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jan 26, 2021
Awesome suggestion i think all of these kits would be fairly balanced. I would also love to see some wizzard/medic kit with some potion's in SG. And ofcourse congratts on the 100 messages! :heart:

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
Awesome suggestion i think all of these kits would be fairly balanced. I would also love to see some wizzard/medic kit with some potion's in SG. And ofcourse congratts on the 100 messages! :heart:
Thanks!
And there is actually already a healer kit, which grants some combination of instant health potions / a lingering regen potion / a gap (depending on whether the loot is basic, normal, or OP)

I agree that other potions would be cool though. The potions would probably have to be limited to a specific few though, otherwise I can see them being rather unbalanced.

• Heart
Reactions: Reesle and Thjis

Thjis

Mood
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jan 26, 2021
Thanks!
And there is actually already a healer kit, which grants some combination of instant health potions / a lingering regen potion / a gap (depending on whether the loot is basic, normal, or OP)

I agree that other potions would be cool though. The potions would probably have to be limited to a specific few though, otherwise I can see them being rather unbalanced.
Yess, it does not need to be healing. it could also be a lingering potion to make it more balanced. but just overall some new potions would be awesome (i think so atleast :)).

• Agree

Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
For message 100, I had to go with something SG related ofc!
As you should!

Jokes aside, I really like these kit ideas. Though I do have a slight concern about archer kit, about the amount of arrows a player would be able to get and how.

I'd love to see a feature where the players using the kit would be able to obtain arrows through getting kills, such as 2 arrows per kill. This will make sure players don't only try to bow spam and would prevent crossbow users from being set for the entire game once they obtain one. This is just my personal opinion on it though, would love to hear your thoughts and/or reasoning.

• Heart
Reactions: caraMel and Xi1m

killuastar

Jan 19, 2024
El kit de tnt estaría bien pero el tiempo de espera sería muy alto cuando explote el tnt. Un ejemplo es que la espera para que explote un tnt es de 8-9 segundos.

• Heart

caraMel

caraMod
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Aug 7, 2022
England
Pronouns
She/Her
100% agree with this. I just think the player tracker kit needs a bit more variety for normal and OP.
Thanks for the reply! Personally I think that adding other perks wouldn't really be needed for the following reasons:

1) The main appeal of this kit would be for tryhards/speed runners/ those trying to grind wins quickly. I've frequently heard players 'moaning' that they couldn't find the last player for ages. In some other gamemodes you get a player tracker when there are only 2 players/teams left, but in SG you don't. This makes sense because there is a shrinking border, but if you are fast, you do still face the problem of trying to locate that last player. This is the sort of situation which a player tracker would prevent. And I can't help but think those using this kit are gonna be good enough that an iron sword or whatever in addition to a player tracker would really make no difference (and any really helpful item would render the kit too op).

2) A player tracker is a massively underrated item, especially in duos. If you solo queue duos (which the majority of those playing that version are!) then you face the immediate disadvantage of constant 2v1s (as let's be honest, your random teammate is not gonna help you 99% of the time). 2v1s get progressively harder as the game progresses and everyone gets better loot and the variance between the loot of different players become less. Therefore, killing players as quickly as possible is an amazing strategy that greatly increases your chances of player. Having a player tracker means you have so much more control over the odds of when you'll encounter a player and you'll (well, you should be able to) see them first, allowing you to assess the situation. When used correctly, this is actually a rather balanced kit imo. I'd even argue it needs less balancing in OP in fact, as the advantage you gain from having one is the most significant (even more variance in armour at the beginning and even less chance of winning a 2v1 the more the game progresses - players having several gaps and full dia by the end of a longer round exacerbates this effect).

Jokes aside, I really like these kit ideas. Though I do have a slight concern about archer kit, about the amount of arrows a player would be able to get and how.

I'd love to see a feature where the players using the kit would be able to obtain arrows through getting kills, such as 2 arrows per kill. This will make sure players don't only try to bow spam and would prevent crossbow users from being set for the entire game once they obtain one. This is just my personal opinion on it though, would love to hear your thoughts and/or reasoning.
When I made this post, I calculated the average time in-game each round of SG duos (I won all 12 rounds somehow). This led to an average of 215s. This would be lower generally, as when you lose a round you die earlier which would decrease the average, but I'll ignore that for now. Additionally, there is a grace period of 20 seconds at the start of each round that I included in the average. Altering the times not to include this, as personally I think this perk should be activated until afterwards, the new average time is 186s

That is about 16 arrows in an average game of basic and 23 in OP/normal, and they are gained across the round - not all at once.
I can quite frequently get 8 kills in a round. This would be 16 arrows (applying your idea of 2 arrows a kill), which is actually in a similar sort of range to the above (remember the times I used don't take into account the fact losses would be significantly shorter). Additionally, basing it on kills would lead to no easy way to implement variation across basic, normal, and OP, as changing it from 2 to 3 to 4 would have a significant impact that feels less editable than gaining arrows every x seconds.

Therefore, I do still think that those times should be changeable as I am aware I'm drawing conclusions from only 12 pieces of (likely biased as I'm only one player) data, and perhaps basic should have less arrows. However, I'm personally not a big fan of the 'kills' idea, as none of the other kits require being already skilled and doing well at the game to get elements of the kit, so this feels unfair, while having a similar outcome anyways. I get that you are worried about bow spamming, but I don't really think that would be a massive issue. It's very possible to avoid being shot, and as they only get an arrow every 8 seconds (minimum) that would make it pretty hard to now spam. To get even 5 arrows, they'd have to wait 40 seconds, which is a significant portion of time. Bow spamming is just as likely (or more) likely to be caused by getting a bunch of arrows from a chest (all at once, not at staggered intervals!).

El kit de tnt estaría bien pero el tiempo de espera sería muy alto cuando explote el tnt. Un ejemplo es que la espera para que explote un tnt es de 8-9 segundos.
TnT actually explodes faster than that I believe! And there are plenty of ways to get around the delay and still use it effectively. I don't wanna give away all my totally amazing SG secrets, but placing it in front of you while running works very well. And so does placing it behind a player you are fighting.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom