Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with my suggestion?

• Yes, I think moderators should have that ability and unjustly banned players should get compensated.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, but only the the moderator's ability.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yes, but only to the compensation.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I disagree to all.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

TheAviron

Novice Member
Dec 19, 2017
Today I was banned. I didn't use cheats, I didn't scam or impersonated to staff, nor avoided a ban. I just got banned. I assume someone must have thought I was using kill aura or something, because I got a 30 days ban. Of course, once the moderator realized their mistake (about 40 minutes of waiting for my appeal to be read), they unbanned me. But, could I get back on the server? No, no no. Then I learned there is this thing called "Blocked Connection", which means after I get banned my IP is also blocked, in addition to my player. Let me ask you a question; it's been over 2 and a half hours now. Do you think I can now go back and play with my friends? No, no no. I'm still blocked.
SOOOO, my suggestion is: give the moderators the ability to unban both the player or the IP, and/or compensate the unjustly banned player for their lost time.
Now, I know what you are thinking, "What a baby. He can just wait a few hours, can't he?" Yes, I can. But it doesn't mean I should. We are so used to this system we refer to as "annoying but harmless", but it doesn't have to be this way.
It goes without saying it is a privilege to play in CubeCraft and I'm not doing any favors to the admins by playing, but at least from my perspective these few hours of waiting can be easily avoided.
Thanks,
TheAviron

Reactions: Keep Smiling

Keep Smiling

Mar 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Today I was banned. I didn't use cheats, I didn't scam or impersonated to staff, nor avoided a ban. I just got banned. I assume someone must have thought I was using kill aura or something, because I got a 30 days ban. Of course, once the moderator realized their mistake (about 40 minutes of waiting for my appeal to be read), they unbanned me. But, could I get back on the server? No, no no. Then I learned there is this thing called "Blocked Connection", which means after I get banned my IP is also blocked, in addition to my player. Let me ask you a question; it's been over 2 and a half hours now. Do you think I can now go back and play with my friends? No, no no. I'm still blocked.
SOOOO, my suggestion is: give the moderators the ability to unban both the player or the IP, and/or compensate the unjustly banned player for their lost time.
Now, I know what you are thinking, "What a baby. He can just wait a few hours, can't he?" Yes, I can. But it doesn't mean I should. We are so used to this system we refer to as "annoying but harmless", but it doesn't have to be this way.
It goes without saying it is a privilege to play in CubeCraft and I'm not doing any favors to the admins by playing, but at least from my perspective these few hours of waiting can be easily avoided.
Thanks,
TheAviron
The staff team are also just humans which means they also can make mistakes. But having a compensation after you got unbanned from a flase ban would be a good gesture. Especially when you had to wait for a few days. I think getting cubelets as compensation would be good. The amount of cubelets should be based on the time you had to wait for an unban. For example; unbanned after 12 hours, 1 cubelet - 24 hours, 2 cubelets - 26 hours, 3 cubelets - 48 hours, 4 cubelets etc.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Thanks,
TheAviron
Being unbanned and having your connection blocked is just a bug, and it doesn't affect most players. We don't undo it ourselves and are required to ask for someone higher up to do it. I can't really explain how it works because I don't know how it does but, blocked connections work in a way that they're only able to be disabled by someone with higher permissions and perhaps an NDA. So while this would be nice to have, it happens not very often for it be worth it to reimagine the way blocked connections are removed.

I do like the idea of compensating those who get unfairly punished, but I'm unsure of how it'd work without ruining the server economy.

𝖜𝓲𝓲ʞєŋɖ

Novice Member
Jan 16, 2020
Netherlands
Thanks,
TheAviron
If it's 30 days it means you were a confirmed hacker before once (since the system is 7 days first punishment, 30 days second, 1 year third and forgood is the last option). So the chances of you hacking were quite big since you hacked before. When they unbanned you're account you're ip should be automatically unbanned to. I also had this problem once, with also an IP block. But after 30-60 minutes I was unbanned, and my IP was unblocked.

And no I don't think there should be a reward.

MrTommy

Dedicated Member
Jul 3, 2019
Legoworld
www.instagram.com
Pronouns
He/Him
If it's 30 days it means you were a confirmed hacker before once (since the system is 7 days first punishment, 30 days second, 1 year third and forgood is the last option). So the chances of you hacking were quite big since you hacked before. When they unbanned you're account you're ip should be automatically unbanned to. I also had this problem once, with also an IP block. But after 30-60 minutes I was unbanned, and my IP was unblocked.

And no I don't think there should be a reward.

The first part is not true, the correct punishment track is:
7 day ban (Sentinel only) → 30 day ban → Permanent ban

And people might get banned for hacking while they are innocent. This just happens from time. A innocent player might get angry because of the innorect ban. That is why TheAvrion suggestes to give a compesation to those players.

I like this idea and would love too see it happen. Maybe as compesation players could get some xp, like 500 xp. This wouldn't ruin the economy of the server, players get xp they might have missed if they could play and they get a compesation for being false banned.

I don't know how this system would work, maybe when a staff member accepts a appeal a automatic system gives their account <x>xp.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
With @Eli ’s explanation the only option of your suggestion left is the compensation. I do support this as it’s very frustrating to be false banned. I would support giving false banned players some sort of Cubelet as an apology for their mistakes. This would add an extra step and could be hard to do. (I do not have inside information on how ban appeals are done) I don’t believe moderator’s have the permissions to give people Cubelets at the moment so some backend work would need to be done. I think if done correctly it could reduce the backlash from false bans.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
Top Bottom