Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey guys!

We all have this sometimes; you're playing with 2 friends but there are no maps available for 3 players!
I atleast have this problem quite often, and it's pretty annoying. Sometimes you have to wait even a few minutes for a map to even pop up. Therefore I think the map selection menu needs a fix.

So to fix this problem I suggest to make a system that makes sure that there always is a map of everything available. So at least 1 map for 2 player teams, 1 map for 3 player teams etc.
This way you'll never have to wait to be abled to join a game.

Preferably also make a way to select which mode you're playing;
For instance: you can select teams of 3 mode, meaning that when you press play again you get put in another game of teams of 3. Stone rankers will get the permission to select this so they don't only get matched up in the big maps which will appear more often. (It's pretty fair to give them this permission as they could already do this when there still were signs in the lobby.) To compensate this, iron rank or higher will get the possibility to right click on this to select a single map.

2020-08-28_22.25.22.png

After right-clicking TeamSkywars a similar menu will pop up with every mode (teams of 5/6 and 7+ are in the same category. Iron rank or higher can right click these to select a specific map.

I don't know if this is possible and if there are enough players to do this at the moment, but it would be really nice and save a lot of waiting time.

Let me know below what you think about it!

Last edited:

Gregeyy

Forum Expert
Jul 21, 2017
Spain
Hey! I'm not a huge fan of this suggestion, it seems unnecessary to me. However, it could be an interesting implementation. You should add a poll!

Thanks for the suggestion anyway! 😜

Reactions: Skqrrt

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
To always have maps available, there should be more servers to join. So it would be just adding a few servers more to have at least one of each available

This is up to Cube. We can't force them to add more servers as they would need to work on the development of these.

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
To always have maps available, there should be more servers to join. So it would be just adding a few servers more to have at least one of each available

This is up to Cube. We can't force them to add more servers as they would need to work on the development of these.
But it's not necessary to add more servers. Most of the time there are like 4 maps for 2 players but no maps for 3 players. If they just shifted these around so there are 2 maps for 2 players and 2 for 3 maps players it would be fixed already.

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
But it's not necessary to add more servers. Most of the time there are like 4 maps for 2 players but no maps for 3 players. If they just shifted these around so there are 2 maps for 2 players and 2 for 3 maps players it would be fixed already.
So thats what I mean. There are servers for maps of 4, not of 2 or 3. So they would need to add servers for maps of 3 instead of generating for maps of 4 or 5

ValentinoGV_

Oct 25, 2016
Cádiz, Andalucía
ah, do the maps of 2 run on other servers then the maps of 3 than?
Actually I don't know how their system works but should be something like that
Each map should have it's own server and when it's available it pops up for you to play

Remember the signs that were a few years ago in the SkyWars lobby? Well each sign that each map had was a server, so to have 2 different games that have the same map at the same time, there should be 2 servers of that map ( hope I explained myself correctly )

Reactions: Skqrrt

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
www.youtube.com
Actually I don't know how their system works but should be something like that
Each map should have it's own server and when it's available it pops up for you to play

Remember the signs that were a few years ago in the SkyWars lobby? Well each sign that each map had was a server, so to have 2 different games that have the same map at the same time, there should be 2 servers of that map ( hope I explained myself correctly )
Yes but they could still shift that around then

Fexiny

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2017
Yep,
I got the same problem as almost every player I guess. This has to be fixed....

In my opinion, In the afternoon isn't it a big deal. But in the evening, we all have to wait 5+ Min to get a map above 2 players in 1 team.
Good suggestion :)

Reactions: Maaarijn
D

Deleted member 469419

So I'm agree with this idea; You're totally right, it's pretty annoying have to wait until there will available games. I think there should be a system which allow you to select any game that is in the list.

Also, I'm agree to adding somehow something which allow you to automatically join to games adjusted to the size of your party

Skqrrt

Aug 13, 2020
Netherlands
I love the idea because in that case I don’t have to wait to play with a certain amount of friends. But what if their aren’t enough players online. Today there where only 60 players online in team SkyWars so that wasn’t enough for this solution

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Hell yea +1 from me. Lately ive been in bigger parties and aztec is pretty much never open. If we made it so there was always at least one map open of every size, aztec would always be open, so there would need to be more 6 ppl maps.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
More map size distribution would be amazing! I can’t play parties sometimes because there’s no maps for us open. +1 would love to see this added

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi hi,
Thank you a lot for the bump!
I'm a big fan of this idea! Suggested it before I became staff and am still absolutely for it!
This being said it would merge the bigger maps, for example, take the 6-9-10 maps as one category in Eggwars since otherwise Aztec and orc would always be open, same for Skywars/...

Escalated!

404Owl

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
the procrasti-nation
Hi hi,
Thank you a lot for the bump!
I'm a big fan of this idea! Suggested it before I became staff and am still absolutely for it!
This being said it would merge the bigger maps, for example, take the 6-9-10 maps as one category in Eggwars since otherwise Aztec and orc would always be open, same for Skywars/...

Escalated!
U r my new favorite staff ty for escalate

• Wow
Reactions: Maaarijn and Fesa

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Bad idea I will often get the big maps like teapsrty Aztec orc.i like getting the 2 man maps, I think there are less people wanting to play a 3 player map than a 2 man map more players want to play 2 man map than let's say Aztec. I like the system how it is right now. Better suggestion remove the map selection system and bring back the signs. I don't really see what's wrong with this system tho just wait if you change it now people won't be happy that there will be less 2 player maps not everyone can be happy.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Otherworld's profile.
💙
UncleSpect wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday my friend, I hope you have a wonderful day today!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Fly☆Guy's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Migratie's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom