Status
Not open for further replies.

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
Heya!

introduction
As some of you might already know, I like Among Slimes. Only, I like being a crewmate more. This is because I can't communicate with my imposter teammate. One of the most efficient things is double kills, but it's almost impossible because my teammate doesn't understand my intentions. That's why I want to introduce "Imposter Chat". With imposter chat, you can communicate with your other imposter and make the game more playable.

Why?
As an imposter, there are a lot of game-breaking miscommunications without the chat and I want to avoid those situations. It makes the game way more fun if you know what the other imposter wants.

How does it work
We're gonna need something like a ! or @ just as global and party chat. Why? Because without you might make mistakes during a meeting. When you've been talking with a %, #, or $ before the text, you can't mess up during a meeting and get voted out. Also, a command for toggling it on and off like /i chat (the same command as we use for party chat) could be handy. During a meeting, you should also be able to use the imposter chat to talk about who you want to focus on for example.

I understand that this change will be a big buff for the imposters. That's why I want to compensate this. I suggest that we'll remove one of the tasks of the crewmates. This way, it would be fair to the crewmates and it would still be hard to win as an imposter.

Removing one of the tasks also results in faster games. At the moment it takes a long time for crewmates to finish their tasks. With this addition it would be more motivating to finish tasks because it doesn't take as long as it does now.

Ge1ster's suggestion
@Ge1ster suggested this a while ago. It got escalated but never implemented. That's why I'm suggesting it again. (https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/among-slimes-impostor-chat.277157/#post-1297607) This one is a little different though. I don't want a cooldown. When you're in a quick-thinking situation, you'll have to communicate with your fellow imposter. A cooldown might be a nuisance.

Closing word
Thanks for reading this suggestion. Let me know what you think and please give feedback!

Last edited:

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
I'm not so sure this would be a great addition to Among Slimes, as it would be a serious buff for the impostor team while the crewmates aren't getting anything. It would make it MUCH harder to win as a crewmate if the impostors get their own chat.

Reactions: Floerkleed

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
I'm not so sure this would be a great addition to Among Slimes, as it would be a serious buff for the impostor team while the crewmates aren't getting anything. It would make it MUCH harder to win as a crewmate if the impostors get their own chat.
Hi iTBD! I made this suggestion because I wanted to encourage the cooperation between the two imposters. Like I said, when I'm imposter, I always want to make as many double kills as possible, but now I'm unable to do so.

I understand your opinion and maybe we could compensate this as well. Do you have any ideas?

Floerkleed

Novice Member
May 26, 2020
Hagrid's Hut
Good suggestion but it's broken it's gonna make the game so easier for the imposters.
I don't think that's true. Adding this doesn't mean that imposters don't make mistakes anymore. They can always kill someone when a crewmate is watching and vent right under the nose of another crewmate. It would make it easier for them, but I'm sure we can come up with a compensation for the crewmates.

• Unsure
Reactions: NotEyad

NotEyad

Jun 6, 2020
I don't think that's true. Adding this doesn't mean that imposters don't make mistakes anymore. They can always kill someone when a crewmate is watching and vent right under the nose of another crewmate. It would make it easier for them, but I'm sure we can come up with a compensation for the crewmates.
but they can also abuse it but im not sure :unsure:

Goefy

Forum Expert
Dec 10, 2019
Å
I completely agree with this. I have lost tons of games because I couldn't communicate with my impostor teammate. It's very annoying when you want to make a double kill and they don't understand this or they sabotage something with no sense. On the other side, it's quite overpowered so I think it should be a good idea to make something like a cooldown on the impostor chat.

• Agree
Reactions: Quis and Floerkleed

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
I think it would be a nice addition to have a chat for impostors only, but in my opinion it should only be available during the meetings. Giving information during the rounds would be way to strong and would give an unfair advantage.

iTBD

Forum Expert
Apr 26, 2020
Bulgaria
Hi iTBD! I made this suggestion because I wanted to encourage the cooperation between the two imposters. Like I said, when I'm imposter, I always want to make as many double kills as possible, but now I'm unable to do so.

I understand your opinion and maybe we could compensate this as well. Do you have any ideas?
Hello FleurSchx! I understand your frustration when you're unable to do a double kill, and trust me, it happens to me too. Double kills is a nice, but not very popular strategy exactly due to the impossibility of communication between the impostors, but you should look at it from a crewmate's perspective too - the exact thing you want to change MAY have saved you countless times already!

Despite all of that, removing one task actually seems quite reasonable, as it won't give the impostors much time to use the chat.

There's one last thing I'd like to mention though. As you can probably see, not everyone would like to see this ingame, so maybe instead of changing Among Slimes as a whole, this can become a "mode" (Like Hardcore, Normal and Overpowered in Eggwars) which you can vote for before the game starts. This way everyone would be able to choose whether or not they want to play with impostor chat or not.

Cathie

Feb 10, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
It would make it so much easier for the impostor but I think I agree with Wauterrr because then it’d be way better

Reactions: Quis
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I may or may not have bought 6 Birthday Bundles (used one on myself) and I may or may not do a Giveaway for 1 soon 😉
IMG_5319.png
ImLeave wrote on thejumboyt's profile.
Welcome!
CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
Top Bottom