Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
Right so FFA and Duels, its amazing.
But I've got a few suggestions that I would like to be implemented! I'm not sure if some of these points have been discussed I haven't read through but I'm gonna put them all in one place.

- I'm gonna start with FFA (Free For All): -

- FFA is amazing, I like how there is several open servers that you can just hop in and join.

- However there are several people in a FFA game, so when I'm in a PVP battle with someone and I'm on a high kill streak (example: 20) it can be really annoying when someone can just clean you up. I get that its a FFA so understandable just annoying if I want to go for a high KD. I see you get a message saying "you are in combat" I'm not exactly sure what that means since when I'm in a 1v1 people can still come and fight me. Then when I'm out of combat it doesn't do anything.
My suggestion for the point above would be to give health regen after fights, if I kill 3 people and I'm sitting on 1/2 a heart, its annoying that the fourth person can just come and clean after all that hard work.

- Another point is fall damage. I'm glad there is fall damage I dont want people to be able to just jump off and run away from me. However (I'm not sure how many maps there are I've only played two) on one of the maps, the bridges have several holes in them. Its pretty cool if I'm fighting someone I can just knock them off, but when I play M&K I'm not very good at parkour. Not to sure what you can do about this maybe reduce fall damage but its just a point to look at.

- This is also a point I am going to make for Duels but it is relevant here. Combat logging. I haven't had it happen to me but I tested if it was possible (for this thread) in FFA and it is. The fact I am able to /lobby in the middle of a fight when I'm about to lose shouldn't be possible and is unfair on the other player.

- I know its just been released but imagine private games free for all 👀

- Right so now onto Duels: -

- Once again duels is amazing and I find it a lot of fun!

- In links with one of the FFA points, combat logging. I know I still get the win if someone /lobby against me, however I dont get the kill. I guess this can be seen as not a big deal but it is very annoying if you want your KD to look good.

- Not sure if this was on purpose but you can destroy the map, it probably is meant to be a feature and isn't actually a big deal but flint and steal burns the wood on the map down.

- When random queuing I feel like there should be a vote on what type of Normal or OP gamemode you play. When inviting another player you get the option of what type of Normal/OP gamemode you want to play. When joining a random game voting for the type of mode you want should be implemented.

- In links with inviting players, I typed in chat and got spammed with 5 invites and they take up most of the chat. Not sure if this a feature or not but I should be able to hide chat invites (because I can still see them when I click on the NPC)

- From what I have seen there is only one map for Duels. The map isn't bad id just like to see a range of custom made maps (maybe even ones built by the community could be cool?)

- Also add combos people love that.

Thats all I'm sorry if I possibly repeated some previous points but its probably better all in one place. I understand this is in Beta but thats the whole idea so points like these can be received. People may agree or disagree with my points.
Cheers for reading debate below.

ChiefAaron

Aug 15, 2020
I would also like to add that as the 1st duel player for duels it is so annoying when people build up to the tree and you can’t hit them without you getting hit or running out of blocks. A solution is put the build height lower.
They should also make it to where if you break blocks, you get them back. There are some kits that have blocks but no bow, so it can be impossible to knock them down if they will spam you down.

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
- However there are several people in a FFA game, so when I'm in a PVP battle with someone and I'm on a high kill streak (example: 20) it can be really annoying when someone can just clean you up. I get that its a FFA so understandable just annoying if I want to go for a high KD. I see you get a message saying "you are in combat" I'm not exactly sure what that means since when I'm in a 1v1 people can still come and fight me. Then when I'm out of combat it doesn't do anything.
My suggestion for the point above would be to give health regen after fights, if I kill 3 people and I'm sitting on 1/2 a heart, its annoying that the fourth person can just come and clean after all that hard work.
While somewhat controversial, It is my firm belief that it is your fault if you get cleaned (yes, I hold myself to this). Whether you like it or not, you made the choice to take the fight, did not weigh the risks, and suffered the consequences. What many people fail to realize is that many games on the server require more than just PvP skill. If you are good at PvP but make bad decisions, then you are going to lose more. That being said, I do think that regen should be higher, although having high natural regen in fight just makes them last long which is somewhat annoying.

I think a fair design is having higher regen outside of combat (combat lasts until significantly after you last took/dealt damage), and lower regen in combat. That way, fights still have the same dynamic, but people can spend less time between fights waiting to heal enough health to go into another. If the game was designed to completely eliminate cleaning, then you would only be able to attack the person you are in combat with and vice versa.

- This is also a point I am going to make for Duels but it is relevant here. Combat logging. I haven't had it happen to me but I tested if it was possible (for this thread) in FFA and it is. The fact I am able to /lobby in the middle of a fight when I'm about to lose shouldn't be possible and is unfair on the other player.
There is a "in combat" and "out of combat" system, but it does not seem to punish people for combat logging. I feel like the wait to get out of combat is a little long and that there is no good constant indication as to whether or not you are in combat, only a message in the chat that gets flooded out by kill logs. I do agree tho that combat logging should be punished statistically.

- Also add combos people love that.
Eh. Comboing is fun when you do it, but not fun when it is done to you. I also think that the hit trading-heavy design of current combat allows those on controller and mobile to stay reasonably competitive. Besides, the server's combat system was designed to mimic vanilla's which is not too heavy on comboing - sure it exists, but it is quite technical.

Reactions: CeleryAskin

CeleryAskin

Novice Member
Oct 3, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
I think a fair design is having higher regen outside of combat (combat lasts until significantly after you last took/dealt damage), and lower regen in combat. That way, fights still have the same dynamic, but people can spend less time between fights waiting to heal enough health to go into another. If the game was designed to completely eliminate cleaning, then you would only be able to attack the person you are in combat with and vice versa.
I definitely agree with this - sometimes I'm running around the map for ages waiting for my health to regen.

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Uhh I might be the cause of this but, it spells W so 🤔
Thanks @AnolTongi for the image
1714853932931.png
SpringWarz wrote on Fesa's profile.
Stop complaining about people putting their names in bug reports, thank you!
Currently working on “New Skyblock Island” suggestion #7! It might be the most detailed one yet.
EpicShotz1432 wrote on yousif1playz's profile.
Happy birthday 🎉
Top Bottom