Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!
Status
Not open for further replies.

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
Why does everyone hate it?
bc its slower than the the old one and for lb grinders it is the worst and dia armor is wy to cheap that makes the game slolwer bc all plaayers trying to get full dia for example when you try to rush fast in mega you will die befor you kill the team bc many guys from the other team have full dia then and you have iron.the change from iron to dia armor is to big.1 of the biggest problems is that cube hase so many laags now and befor the update was out i had 15 ms and now i have 190 ms. But the update is not that bad it gives us new items and stuff so i dont hate it at all but i dont grind eggwars anymore bs its so slow

CreamBanger

May 7, 2023
Ladders are expensive, you can walk through blocks making it glitch, it is EXTREMELY laggy. The lag is 200ms ping average, They got rid of axes, gens are extremely slow, and the worst part is MANY PEOPLE QUIT. It is hard to find your friends since they quit bc of the trash update. However ever since they added enchanted armor it got a little better. They have a ton of things to fix.

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
i spent like 400 hours on Eggwars teams of 4 and memorized everything from the shop to the maps and everything but now all of that is just... gone

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Why does everyone hate it?
with what I found on the forums, its basically just a bunch of tryhards being mad they can't win games in 0.05 seconds anymore, and them not being able to insta-kill every player they come across.
Basically: a bunch of people being mad because the game isn't that easy anymore, and because of the fact they are forced to actually play it now instead of killing everyone in the first 4 seconds of the game and winning. I am obviously exaggerating with those seconds, but you get the point.

Its just the normal thing that happens with every game in video game history that tries to cater to any audience that isn't specifically the top 1% most skilled players.

And besides that, its way laggier than it used to be, though based on my experiences with this update it seems like that's something that affects pretty much the entire server, not just eggwars.

I sure as hell noticed blockwars, both ctf and bridges, being way laggier than they used to to. Those, and a couple other gamemodes, though seemingly not as badly.

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
with what I found on the forums, its basically just a bunch of tryhards being mad they can't win games in 0.05 seconds anymore, and them not being able to insta-kill every player they come across.
Basically: a bunch of people being mad because the game isn't that easy anymore, and because of the fact they are forced to actually play it now instead of killing everyone in the first 4 seconds of the game and winning. I am obviously exaggerating with those seconds, but you get the point.

Its just the normal thing that happens with every game in video game history that tries to cater to any audience that isn't specifically the top 1% most skilled players.

And besides that, its way laggier than it used to be, though based on my experiences with this update it seems like that's something that affects pretty much the entire server, not just eggwars.

I sure as hell noticed blockwars, both ctf and bridges, being way laggier than they used to to. Those, and a couple other gamemodes, though seemingly not as badly.
I am a mobile player and I enjoyed playing long 1-2 hour games. I absouloutly despise this update

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I am a mobile player and I enjoyed playing long 1-2 hour games. I absouloutly despise this update
I can honestly see why, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of the people who are mad at the update are the ones I describe.

You may not be one of them, but they do exist.

Chromodynamics

Novice Member
Dec 11, 2021
The Quantum Realm
Pronouns
He/Him

Sadly, this is the bitter truth of a typical EggWars game, and is extremely accurate ;(

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com

I am a Bedrock pro player who actually enjoys the update for EggWars.
Because the majority of sweats quit playing the game, grinding became a lot easier and can still win games under 5 mins. Also I'm not the type of guy to finish games in 30 seconds

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
I can honestly see why, but that doesn't change the fact that a lot of the people who are mad at the update are the ones I describe.

You may not be one of them, but they do exist.
Sadly, this is the bitter truth of a typical EggWars game, and is extremely accurate ;(
I can understand that you all were fustrated with those sweats. So was I. I even suggested adding bots for those sweats to grind on. However this update wasn't just bad for sweats, it was bad for experienced players, like me. As I said I lost all of my experience. From memorised locations for items in the shop, how much a gen produces, where they are its all useless now. I could go on and on about bad changes to the game, but not only that the lag is just too bad. when I try to mine a block, I just get stuck in it, suffocate and die. Visual effects like the transition effect might look cool to some, but for us mobile players, it is just a way to get lag up (not to mention it feels like a rip off of lifeboat I just hate it

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I can understand that you all were fustrated with those sweats. So was I. I even suggested adding bots for those sweats to grind on. However this update wasn't just bad for sweats, it was bad for experienced players, like me. As I said I lost all of my experience. From memorised locations for items in the shop, how much a gen produces, where they are its all useless now. I could go on and on about bad changes to the game, but not only that the lag is just too bad. when I try to mine a block, I just get stuck in it, suffocate and die. Visual effects like the transition effect might look cool to some, but for us mobile players, it is just a way to get lag up (not to mention it feels like a rip off of lifeboat I just hate it
Getting mad about them changing locations for items in the shop is honestly just a very small thing, and something will always happen if they do even minor changes to the item shop or even just add/remove items.

The lag is bad server wide, not just in egg wars, same with getting stuck in blocks. Its bad in blockwars, its bad in skywars, its bad in lucky islands, etc. And I also noticed I get randomly kicked out of the lobby because of "errors" or "server shutting down" way more often too than before the update.

I don't really care about the transition effects, though again, I can see why that can be bad for mobile players.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Its the truth with most games of a typical bedwars-ish gamemode. The worst part is that this kind of "tryharding" even goes against the way the game is designed, or at least against how the original bedwars was designed.

Hypixel's bedwars is designed to last up to almost an hour (54 minutes to be precise) per round, excluding the "overtime"/tiebreaker, or basically: the gametime after the beds are automatically broken, we have a game designed to last 34 minutes. Yet, the average gametime turns out to be around 5 minutes, with people already thinking a game is "long" at the 10 minute mark, because some people just have to try to instantly wipe out everyone the second the game starts, before a person that isn't specifically grinding bedwars for 8 hours a day can even react.

Now I have nothing against trying to get offensive early, its a pvp gamemode, go stab someone if you feel like it. But if your games don't last even a third of the intended gametime, then you are clearly doing something wrong. Same if you already take a bed within the first few minutes of the game.

Now in eggwars there seemingly is not even a time limit, so a game that lasts a minute is just as valid and intended as a game that lasts 3 hours. But the fact the game does have a lot of ways to progress and upgrade your things makes me thing it is designed to last a bit longer than just a few minutes.

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
Its the truth with most games of a typical bedwars-ish gamemode. The worst part is that this kind of "tryharding" even goes against the way the game is designed, or at least against how the original bedwars was designed.

Hypixel's bedwars is designed to last up to almost an hour (54 minutes to be precise) per round, excluding the "overtime"/tiebreaker, or basically: the gametime after the beds are automatically broken, we have a game designed to last 34 minutes. Yet, the average gametime turns out to be around 5 minutes, with people already thinking a game is "long" at the 10 minute mark, because some people just have to try to instantly wipe out everyone the second the game starts, before a person that isn't specifically grinding bedwars for 8 hours a day can even react.

Now I have nothing against trying to get offensive early, its a pvp gamemode, go stab someone if you feel like it. But if your games don't last even a third of the intended gametime, then you are clearly doing something wrong. Same if you already take a bed within the first few minutes of the game.

Now in eggwars there seemingly is not even a time limit, so a game that lasts a minute is just as valid and intended as a game that lasts 3 hours. But the fact the game does have a lot of ways to progress and upgrade your things makes me thing it is designed to last a bit longer than just a few minutes.
My friend. Let's not forget that this is a game. So anyone can play it with whatever strategy they choose I.e. rush, camp, offense, defense. Don't forget also that the aim of the game is to be the last team, or player standing....not the one with the best gear and a nice little tower base ! Just saying

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
Its mostly because the price shop changes... its too easy now to get good armor
yes one thing I am especially mad about it the obby. It has changed from gold to diamonds, which feels like a rip off of bedwars. bedwars is emeralds for obby. emeralds are like the equivilent of diamonds in eggwars

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
My friend. Let's not forget that this is a game. So anyone can play it with whatever strategy they choose I.e. rush, camp, offense, defense. Don't forget also that the aim of the game is to be the last team, or player standing....not the one with the best gear and a nice little tower base ! Just saying
I am fully aware of that, but at the same time: the game is designed to encourage/favor certain behaviors more than others. Sure, you can try ending the game in 5 minutes or less, you are free to do that, but the game does not actively encourage you to do that.

Plus, doing that kind of ruins the game for others, not everyone wants to die in the first 5 minutes just coz one person feels like the goal of the game is to play as little of it as possible while getting as many kills as possible.

Being the last team/player standing technically does not even require you to kill anyone, on a purely theoretical level you could just go afk when the game starts, and still end up winning.

Now that usually would require other players to either quit, or kill each other (additionally eggwars does not have a time limit, so SOMEONE taking action is actually necessary for the game to end), and is realistically never going to happen but the fact its technically possible shows that the game doesn't even actively encourage killing other players, making even just that entirely optional

And if killing someone is theoretically completely unnecessary to win, then "the goal of the game is to be the last one standing" argument actually discourages rushing and playing offensively, as your first and foremost priority should absolutely always be survival. And killing, playing offense, heck, doing anything other than going afk and hoping for the best, on a theoretical level, is entirely optional, as you can go afk and theoretically still be able to win the game.

That argument actually encourages camping, playing defense, and hoping everyone else either quits or kills themselves/each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Windwardglue105 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
basketman

this you?

1714261124344.png
Capitan wrote on Otherworld's profile.
♥️
Reesle wrote on lorilambthecoolgamer's profile.
Thanks for playing, that was fun!
I did end up winning that last game we joined after you had to go:
IMG_5324.png
Reesle wrote on ItsWilliam32's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Top Bottom