Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
hey cubecrafters i see many guys that dont really know why cc relised the update so i just say the things laura said why the update needed to came out bc its anoying that there so many threads abaut the update that cc is so dum and why they did the update for example cc had a really good point that the update came out i think many players know that the update isnt for the sweats.its like hive have many sweats and that makes it really hard for casual players bc they got distroyed every game thats why cubecraft had a higher player count than hive on cubecraft played the casual players with a few sweats but the game was unfair bc to get a good combo was hard and the casual players had no chance to win a game bc the game was for sweats the sweats killed u in like 1 min and that was hurting the player count and cubecraft needed to change smt but it was hard to make the game intristing for both players the sweats and the casual players and not all can be soo that all players love the update but mc bedrock have many casual players thats why cubecraft changed the game soo that the casual player have fun and came intristing in cubecraft too bc i think no1 want to get distroyed in 1 min every game that makes no fun and minecraft bedrock have many players that are not really good at the game. so cubecraft did the game more fair with the update and they changed the kb bc now its easy for casual players to combo bc if the can combo they have fun and think they are good soo i hope i explained that good if u have quastions or feedback plss replie to this thread i just wanted to that ur understand why the update came out bc it was anoying too see the message in the discord and stuff hope u enjoyed to read this(: have a nice day.cya

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
While I think some of this might be true to an extent, the I believe the primary purpose of the 1.19 update was to take advantage of new features, blocks, and other PvP related things. This gives the cubecraft developers more room to work with, which should hopefully let them express their creativity more. However, a lot of changes to PvP were likely the result of pvp mechanics working differently on newer versions. The switch to newer versions probably had to happen at some point, and tbh, it could have gone a whole lot worse, like I’ve seen in other servers.

Reactions: ElevenForever

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
While I think some of this might be true to an extent, the I believe the primary purpose of the 1.19 update was to take advantage of new features, blocks, and other PvP related things. This gives the cubecraft developers more room to work with, which should hopefully let them express their creativity more. However, a lot of changes to PvP were likely the result of pvp mechanics working differently on newer versions. The switch to newer versions probably had to happen at some point, and tbh, it could have gone a whole lot worse, like I’ve seen in other servers.
ye the 1.19 features are the other point i forgot that sry

ballonpuma288

Jun 26, 2021
France
what if you get destroyed in 1 min play again whitout sweat or leave when you see rank people (but I wanna play overpowered T_T, just buy the rank). the game was perfect but now, I'm still the same sweat leaderboard its just more painfull for everyone

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
what if you get destroyed in 1 min play again whitout sweat or leave when you see rank people (but I wanna play overpowered T_T, just buy the rank). the game was perfect but now, I'm still the same sweat leaderboard its just more painfull for everyone
"if the game is too hard for you, just quit and keep rejoining until it becomes easy" You sound like the type of person to say "skill issue" or "just try harder" to a stage 4 cancer patient at a hospital.

Also: if anyone actually did something like that, they'd spend more time trying to find games than they'd spend actually playing the game.

Also also: just being able to enjoy the game shouldn't require that much effort. all it should require is that I join a game, any game I want, and play it normally.

As was already explained many times, for eggwars, this update was necessary to keep it alive. The game was lacking new players because they kept getting destroyed, and old players were quitting as the game became nothing but just a competition for who can grind a number with the highest efficiency.

The game was far from perfect, maybe for your number grinding it was perfect, but for people who actually wanted to play the game for fun, for people who were trying to get into it as a new player and for worse players it was an absolute nightmare.

The only people who were hurt by this update are the sweats. For everyone else, as proven by the increased player numbers, the update was a good thing and a success.

Reactions: lichtim

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
hope i can get more feedback bc im not really sure that this thread is good tho (:
Well, as with most of what you write, I had 7 strokes just trying to get through it, but you did get your point across.

Also: Some punctuation would be good, but I assume that is caused by a simple lack of knowledge of the english language, so I think that will develop naturally over time as your profile does say you are 15 and live in germany, so you'll have to learn eventually.

Basically, what I am trynna say is: it could be better, but it is alright for your level of english

ballonpuma288

Jun 26, 2021
France
"if the game is too hard for you, just quit and keep rejoining until it becomes easy" You sound like the type of person to say "skill issue" or "just try harder" to a stage 4 cancer patient at a hospital.

Also: if anyone actually did something like that, they'd spend more time trying to find games than they'd spend actually playing the game.

Also also: just being able to enjoy the game shouldn't require that much effort. all it should require is that I join a game, any game I want, and play it normally.

As was already explained many times, for eggwars, this update was necessary to keep it alive. The game was lacking new players because they kept getting destroyed, and old players were quitting as the game became nothing but just a competition for who can grind a number with the highest efficiency.

The game was far from perfect, maybe for your number grinding it was perfect, but for people who actually wanted to play the game for fun, for people who were trying to get into it as a new player and for worse players it was an absolute nightmare.

The only people who were hurt by this update are the sweats. For everyone else, as proven by the increased player numbers, the update was a good thing and a success.
did you already queu eggwars? (sweat are not common)

what do you call sweat? (for me its people with rank easiest way to spot them in 4v4, "the people that finish game in 1 min")

and I rarely meet them (like 1 game on 15) and when I do I just join other game (except when sniping),

the update change nothing sweat will still be sweat, they will just take more time to win or quit (its your choice to be racist of "sweat").

level/skill difference between experimented player and new player is a common things known to every multiplayer game and cant really be changed, all you could do is making good player leave (with weird update)

I guess you enjoy 10 minute game long or struglling to break ancient debris while people respaswn with pick

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
did you already queu eggwars? (sweat are not common)
Yes, because since the update a good portion of them quit and the thousands of new players that got into eggwars made sweats harder to find.

what do you call sweat? (for me its people with rank easiest way to spot them in 4v4, "the people that finish game in 1 min")
That is also how I define sweats, people that finish the game in 1 min, or try their best to do that. Ranks are irrelevant here, pretty sure there are plenty of highly skilled players who didn't even consider the idea of getting a rank.

and I rarely meet them (like 1 game on 15) and when I do I just join other game (except when sniping),
Again: Most of them quit after the update and a lot of casual, new and "worse" players joined since.

the update change nothing sweat will still be sweat, they will just take more time to win or quit (its your choice to be racist of "sweat").
The Update makes it easier to fight back and defend yourself against sweats, as well as obtain gear that makes you last longer in a fight against them. On top of that, it made a lot of them quit and got a lot of new players, making a lot of players encounter sweats much less than before. Also: Did you really compare my dislike and cubecrafts treatment of sweats to racism? Alright, I guess the treatment of sweats is now equivalent to that of black people in 1860s america (I am joking, in case you did not catch that).

The point isn't to prevent sweats from winning completely though, its to make it take longer and make it more challenging, as well as give a higher chance of winning to other players.

level/skill difference between experimented player and new player is a common things known to every multiplayer game and cant really be changed, all you could do is making good player leave (with weird update)
Yes, but the thing is: New players being worse than players who have been around for a while is one thing, being unable to last 60 seconds without having to dedicate 8 hours a day to practice PvP is another. The skill gap to be "average" should never be high, especially in a gamemode like eggwars. The minigame can hardly even be counted as competitive.

If it was competitive, where is the skill based matchmaking? How does the game reward performing well? Where are the tournaments? Where is the strategy and tactics?

There was no skill based matchmaking.

The only reward is the winning XP, which honestly is hardly worth anything too as the level doesn't even do that much ingame.

The only tournaments that I know of were youtuber tournaments.

And the only "strategy" was "rush everyone as fast as possible, end the game as fast as possible".

I guess you enjoy 10 minute game long or struglling to break ancient debris while people respaswn with pick
Yes, because unlike you, I have an attention span that lasts longer than 4 seconds, have the ability to just come in prepared and am smart enough to just break the bridges my opponents with pickaxes are walking on before they can escape.

I seriously don't see what's wrong with 10 minute games, originally bedwars was designed to last 35 minutes with an additional 10 minutes of tie-breakers/"over-time" (as its usually called in sports for example). I don't see no reason, why a gamemode based on a game-mode designed to last half an hour would not allow for long games. In fact, its the short games that are against the games design. Unlike bedwars, eggwars does not have a countdown till the game ends, which while it makes any game length "valid", it also means that, if I feel like it, I can have 3 hour games now.

I recently played a couple of really long games, one lasted 47 minutes (and is probably the longest I've had in my entire time as a minecraft player), the other 25, and both belong to the games that I probably enjoyed the most out of any minigame on any server. Just because your attention span doesn't allow you to enjoy anything that lasts longer than 5 seconds, doesn't mean everyone has the same problem.

About the ancient debris: If you are playing normal mode or ultra hardcore, if you've let anyone get to the point of having ancient debris or obsidian and somehow do not have a pickaxe strong enough to mine it by then, then you are doing something wrong. If the person has managed to get enough time to buy 5 pieces of ancient debris, then its only because you and other players in the lobby let them do it.

And if you somehow do not have a diamond or netherite pickaxe by that point, then I gotta ask: what the hell were you doing the entire game? If the answer was anything other than the specific scenario of "fighting for survival because someone is targetting me", then its purely your fault for not managing to get a pick like that. Especially a diamond one, forget netherite, diamond costs like 11 or 10 diamonds and with discounts that price can drop down to 7 or 9. Each map has enough generators to be able to buy a diamond pick very quickly. There is no reason not to have one unless you actively choose to make yourself suffer when mining ancient debris.

Finally, as for pickaxe respawns: just break the bridges that they can get away with, only a few players can manage to buy blocks fast enough to get away if you break the bridge. And if you block the bridge instead, and they try mining through it with a pickaxe, why not just mine the blocks under their feet? Unless they got a diamond or netherite pick, you should be able to quickly mine the blocks they walk on to get the kill. On top of that, noone is stopping you from buying a bow to shoot them as they run away, bonus points if you got slowness arrows as well.

If players respawning with picks are a problem for you, then you are either incompetent in dealing with them or intentionally making it hard for yourself to deal with them.

Not sure why I am writing this though, based on the average attention span of someone complaining about 10 minute games (spoiler alert: in most multiplayer games the average game length is 10-15 minutes), you've probably not even managed to get past the first sentence of this whole reply. I'd almost be suprised if you did manage to get further than that.

ballonpuma288

Jun 26, 2021
France
wow are you a mod alt account lol, because you take that way to seriously and write a whole book (but like everywhere on the forum).

first im not talking only of post update, but of all my eggwars experience, sweat in your game aint that common, when you see a full team of ranked player you can be sure it's sweat that finish in 1 min, and its rare. leave and join other game, (or loose 1 game just 1 minute since you like losing time)

and those player that have:

Yes, because unlike you, I have an attention span that lasts longer than 4 seconds
"4 second of attention",when you spend time to build a strategy, with team play or alone to rush the fastest possible. What's wrong here? if people wanna go the fastest way possible with the least amount of iron possible ?

is it too op and game breaking if I enjoy rushing with just 4/5 iron (5 IRON!!! on some map, 1 more iron for pick), I just like this speed and the challenge it is since most player take atleast an armor to rush not me.

they just have to buy a sword and im dead, like you said:
About the ancient debris: If you are playing normal mode or ultra hardcore, if you've let anyone get to the point of having ancient debris or obsidian and somehow do not have a pickaxe strong enough to mine it by then, then you are doing something wrong. If the person has managed to get enough time to buy 5 pieces of ancient debris, then its only because you and other players in the lobby let them do it.

what are people doing if I have the time to break their egg, and them not even being able to buy nothing, I play in 4v4 mainly they are 4 and cant even stop me naked.

because people cant buy things do I need to wait for them?
so if I'm able to play like this should I restrict myself and farm ?

because the new update is more in this kind of play iron is nerfed, everything that cost iron is expensive and gold/diamond things cost less.

farming is easier, iron is nerfed, gear cost less, they are all friendly factor of camping or staying on your island. (even starting iron gen got nerfed but starting gold gen got boosted)

By the way long game was possible before too if you really liked that and it was better, with leather, chain, cheaper tnt, ...

you can pass this just my personal opinion on why ancient debris annoying, but that's playable :

And if you somehow do not have a diamond or netherite pickaxe by that point, then I gotta ask: what the hell were you doing the entire game? If the answer was anything other than the specific scenario of "fighting for survival because someone is targetting me", then its purely your fault for not managing to get a pick like that. Especially a diamond one, forget netherite, diamond costs like 11 or 10 diamonds and with discounts that price can drop down to 7 or 9. Each map has enough generators to be able to buy a diamond pick very quickly. There is no reason not to have one unless you actively choose to make yourself suffer when mining ancient debris.

first pickaxe got nerfed, gold dont give diamond pickaxe anymore and when you rush team fast you dont necessarly take diamond or use diamond for sword.

I'm not even talking about normal but when you kill your whole ennemy team you should be able to break their egg, even with gold pick and hide in block.
thing that you cant beacause they respawn with pickaxe. even with netherite pick its hard since they just all camp on their island. But its ok when your whole team target

example of block in on bedwars:
you can use this strat anymore even after killing whole ennemy team

But I must admit my attention span is near to 4s another reason why they shouldn't create long game system.
and I'm not the only one with small attention span (addict tik tok, shorts ,reels user too.)

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
first im not talking only of post update, but of all my eggwars experience, sweat in your game aint that common, when you see a full team of ranked player you can be sure it's sweat that finish in 1 min, and its rare. leave and join other game, (or loose 1 game just 1 minute since you like losing time)
If that's the case, then we have very different experiences with pre-update eggwars. Before the update eggwars had a lot of sweats, maybe not 10 per game, but enough for 1, 2, maybe even 3 of them, to be able to ruin each game.

And don't you tell me how many sweats there were before the update, I started playing on this server first shortly after bedrock edition came out. I probably know better than most just how many there were.

Sweats don't always come in teams of 4, nor do they play teams only. I am mostly a solo main, but I've played teams of 4 enough to know sweats are just as common there too. And let me tell you, one or two sweats can end the game just as quickly as a team of 4 of them if they feel like it.

You either got a highly specific definition of a sweat to claim there aren't that many of them, or you prefer to live in some kind of alternate reality in which there were only a few sweats.

"4 second of attention",when you spend time to build a strategy, with team play or alone to rush the fastest possible. What's wrong here? if people wanna go the fastest way possible with the least amount of iron possible ?
"How does me having the ability to kill people seconds into the game ruin the game for them?" How about this: I am gonna pretend that's a joke, because I really badly want to believe you aren't that stupid?

And jokes aside now: are you serious? Let's see: What is the problem? Lets see:
1. The average player won't be able to react fast enough
2. Some players may not want to be forced into fights that quickly into the game.
3. The gamemode with all of the items the item store provides (regardless if before or after the update) clearly prefers an approach where you do farm resources to get good gear to prepare for battle
4. The fact you seriously ask a question like that shows you are part of the problem that sweats created. A game that is supposed to last half an hour should not have players fully eliminated from it in less than 60 seconds.

Also: that's not a strategy, that is simply "rush them fast af". Strategy is a result of planning, thinking, and trying to predict what your opponents will do. A "tactic" of "rush fast" requires neither, maybe minimal planning with buying blocks, tho here most people just buy as many blocks as they can and just run off to fight.

What is a strategy is when you can devise a plan to 1 v 4 your opponents when you're the last one left on teams. Or when you use two players being stuck in a long fight with each other to your advantage.

what are people doing if I have the time to break their egg, and them not even being able to buy nothing, I play in 4v4 mainly they are 4 and cant even stop me naked.

because people cant buy things do I need to wait for them?
so if I'm able to play like this should I restrict myself and farm ?

because the new update is more in this kind of play iron is nerfed, everything that cost iron is expensive and gold/diamond things cost less.

farming is easier, iron is nerfed, gear cost less, they are all friendly factor of camping or staying on your island. (even starting iron gen got nerfed but starting gold gen got boosted)
Where do you even come from with the waiting thing? First of all: you don't get permanent invincibility on respawn. Secondly: besides blocks, there are very few useful things you can buy shortly after respawn. Leather armor is useless and I doubt anyone has enough gold to buy anything strong enough to counter you.

No, you do not need to wait and restrict yourself. What you should maybe consider doing is not trying as hard as you can to end the game quickly, because that kind of behavior is what inspired this update in the first place.

Yes, Iron has been nerfed, for a good reason. Now it takes longer to rush and players can more easily prepare to defend themselves.

By the way long game was possible before too if you really liked that and it was better, with leather, chain, cheaper tnt, .
Possible? Yes. Realistic? Not really, if someone was rushing other players quickly, there was little chance of stopping them without having the play the same way. Before the update, I rarely had an eggwars game last more than 10 minutes. Now I regularly find myself in games that last more than 20.

first pickaxe got nerfed, gold dont give diamond pickaxe anymore and when you rush team fast you dont necessarly take diamond or use diamond for sword.
Picks did get nerfed, but they aren't useless. An efficiency 1 diamond or netherite pick is still fast. A part of making the game easier for worse players is making it so that one guy who just decides to randomly barge into the base of a team of 4 can't just solo all of them.

Again: if u don't buy a diamond pick, you are intentionally making the game hard for yourself. Those things are cheap, they hardly require any diamonds, and efficiency is cheap as well.

I'm not even talking about normal but when you kill your whole ennemy team you should be able to break their egg, even with gold pick and hide in block.
thing that you cant beacause they respawn with pickaxe. even with netherite pick its hard since they just all camp on their island. But its ok when your whole team target
No, this is a team based game mode. There is no reason NOT to require assistance of the whole team to fight a whole team, unless the team you are up against is so terrible they'd actually lose a simple 4v1. Blocking yourself in, in my opinion, is a little bit unfair. "For just a few pieces of iron you will now be almost completely unkillable and now can take down enemy eggs quickly and with no inconveniences". You shouldn't be blocking in, you should have a teammate or two watching your back while you try to destroy the egg.

But I must admit my attention span is near to 4s another reason why they shouldn't create long game system.
and I'm not the only one with small attention span (addict tik tok, shorts ,reels user too.)
If anyones attention span (yours or anyone elses) is THAT bad, you should not be playing video games and stick to tiktok memes instead.

ballonpuma288

Jun 26, 2021
France
And don't you tell me how many sweats there were before the update, I started playing on this server first shortly after bedrock edition came out. I probably know better than most just how many there were.

I see your point you hate sweat but your saying that their common when they aren't ( in my experience I dont know how unlucky you are) . I dont know what you call "sweat" but I rarely encounter these people talking with more than 11k games. I wouldn't get 11k game if they were that much sweat and would quit or play less.
Maybe pc player are "sweat" for you but I also have mobile friends that have 10k wins and would say like me that sweat aint that common (when queuing), we just leave when we see what we call sweat.

And jokes aside now: are you serious? Let's see: What is the problem? Lets see:
1. The average player won't be able to react fast enough
but stopping a type of player (not even cheater but people with actual skill that spend time training) just because people dont buy nothing aint a solution.
you try to nerf a community of egg player just because they are good??

reason why targeting fast people is not a solution:
1. their will always be in any game a community of sweat people (in every game even candy crush), that will try everything to realise the impossbile (number of wins, insane speedrun, insane strat, insane skill/clip, challenge...).
Yes, Iron has been nerfed, for a good reason. Now it takes longer to rush and players can more easily prepare to defend themselves.
even with that update "sweat" (fast people) are still a thing, but in pain.

Is that bad, that a community enjoy the game in their own way without breaking any rule? (real question)

2. you cant just force you own way of playing a game because it was inteded to be 30 minute, actually eggwars let you play in so many different way with so many different aspect like bow, tnt, gear: armor/sword, pearl, redstone...
and playing fast with just block is one of them and maybe one the hardest way. Its also the main purpose of the game you play Minecraft play the way you like to (whitout rule breaking), if you wanna build a house in eggwars do it, if you wanna rush instantaly do it.

3:
2. Some players may not want to be forced into fights that quickly into the game.
Thats not really a valid argument because you never really wanna get in fight when your in a base, at any moment of the game. even if you rush them in 60 minutes they will not like it.
Maybe you want sweat to rush mid and camp it for all game gathering all ressource and still win but with a longer game time (when its not necessary) just because its fun and its how it should be for no other reason.

4. new player still gonna loose to experienced player till they learn to play, even if you make the game last 999999999 hours (kinda joking but it's true), all you get is boring game (waiting on generator simulator).

5. this update dont feel like overpowered

6. will new player react faster with update ? (adding that sweat were also new player once)

3. The gamemode with all of the items the item store provides (regardless if before or after the update) clearly prefers an approach where you do farm resources to get good gear to prepare for battle
THIS,
first thing where I agree with you, farming make winning easier in this game and winning using only iron is not the easiest way it's more like the hardest way to win, since the game is farm friendly (both version).

So why nerfing iron when it dont help that much to win, but its necessary for everything ??

all it would change is timing.
excuse for liking actual gameplay instead of waiting my friend on generator.

I dont like slow game where the problem, at the end real sweat will still be a sweat no matter how they play (people good at pvp).

but what for people bad at pvp, which only strat is rushing fast before people start to farm (yes that's a strategy too).
That kind of play helped me to win against real sweat that I never would won against in duel (battle arena).

so we should ban strategy too because its too op?
and just be good at pvp to control mid?? and make long game because its fun for noob??

Possible? Yes. Realistic? Not really, if someone was rushing other players quickly, there was little chance of stopping them without having the play the same way. Before the update, I rarely had an eggwars game last more than 10 minutes. Now I regularly find myself in games that last more than 20.
if your talking about duo, I admit they are more sweaty people since its easier to find just 1 teamate, but its like that on every game. but why do you think every game lasted under 10 minutes ??
maybe because long game is kinda boring and not necessary.
and faster game prevent people to farm too much.
why longer game?

Moreover I did a lot of long game when I was bored with friend, and some long game in solo queu.
But now the game is even more farm friendly, I would even say farm to win if you dont have a good strat to rush.

No, this is a team based game mode. There is no reason NOT to require assistance of the whole team to fight a whole team, unless the team you are up against is so terrible they'd actually lose a simple 4v1.
Blocking yourself in, in my opinion, is a little bit unfair.
again here I agree with you shouldn't be ablle to win 4v1, except with strategy. (idk how you could win 4v1 whitout strat and whitout hacking same gear).
you can easily like you said in some previous conversation be smart and break bridge to kill, but their other way like good spot to void opponent, hit them on bridge,
buy a diamond swrd at early moment of the game...
(yes "sweat" use strat) moreover a lot of player are too focused on ressource to care/notice you...

but with all that, after you 4v1 and blocked yourself almost doing the impossible they just use pick.

I agree that sweat are unfair to new player, but being a sweat is not easy and not that common, and you can counter most sweat with farm (not really if your alone agaisnt a full party team), in both version, at the end its your skill that matter the most and sadly you need to be experimented to be good like for everything or play a total rng(hasard) game.
when you play a lot, you end up noticing that rushing (fast) is the most effictive way to win.

this new update is targeting the grinder community, that enjoy fast game
but technicially change nothing.
I dont have one friend that enjoy the update

edit: didn't mention kb or reach but its the most upseting things for my friends

Last edited:

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I see your point you hate sweat but your saying that their common when they aren't ( in my experience I dont know how unlucky you are) . I dont know what you call "sweat" but I rarely encounter these people talking with more than 11k games. I wouldn't get 11k game if they were that much sweat and would quit or play less.
Maybe pc player are "sweat" for you but I also have mobile friends that have 10k wins and would say like me that sweat aint that common (when queuing), we just leave when we see what we call sweat.
I am a pc player myself, but alright.

Lets see why you specifically may not encounter "sweats" that much:
You are complaining about games lasting 10 mins or more
You are complaining about people respawing with picks
You are complaining about not being able to fight a whole team in team mode by yourself
You are telling people who die quickly to just try joining a new game until they find one without sweats
And somehow you are the only person who claims to not have encountered many sweats before the update despite literal mods and moderators knowing otherwise (that's why they udpated eggwars)
Oh yeah, and you claim that eggwars used to be perfect before the update.

Based on those things I have concluded that the reason you don't encounter many sweats is because you are the sweat so the gap for that you consider a "sweat" is much high than the one that the average player would have.

but stopping a type of player (not even cheater but people with actual skill that spend time training) just because people dont buy nothing aint a solution.
you try to nerf a community of egg player just because they are good??
The update literally proved that yes, it is a solution. The only way to get worse players to be able to have fun without sweats ruining it is either by separating the two groups or evening the playing field to give the worse players better chances.

Fortnite literally had the same problem for years, but there the games skill gap was so high they had to introduce skill based matchmaking on top of having to add gamemodes where the harder mechanics do not exist (no-build mode).

Yes, the solution is to lower the skill gap because otherwise you won't attract new players or have potential new players stick around for longer.

reason why targeting fast people is not a solution:
1. their will always be in any game a community of sweat people (in every game even candy crush), that will try everything to realise the impossbile (number of wins, insane speedrun, insane strat, insane skill/clip, challenge...).
even with that update "sweat" (fast people) are still a thing, but in pain.

Is that bad, that a community enjoy the game in their own way without breaking any rule? (real question)
If said way of enjoying the game ruins the enjoyment of many others, then yes, especially for a minecraft server. Minecraft servers are also businesses, they need to make money to sustain themselves. They can't make money if all of the potential new buyers for ranks, packs, cosmetic items, etc. are scared away by a guy for whom a 30 second win is more important than having fun.

In other words: On top of the slightly more "moral" implications of a sweat ruining the enjoyment of many players, there is also the fact that its simply unprofitable to let such people run around. Again, fortnite is the best example, its the sweats and tryhards that forced epic games to add skill based matchmaking and "easier" gamemodes because they were making less and less money and losing players. Same can be said for cubecraft, the player numbers before the update were dropping. And eggwars was nowhere near where it was in player numbers now.

Tl;dr: yes, its bad, both business wise and for just about any player that isn't a "sweat"

2. you cant just force you own way of playing a game because it was inteded to be 30 minute, actually eggwars let you play in so many different way with so many different aspect like bow, tnt, gear: armor/sword, pearl, redstone...
and playing fast with just block is one of them and maybe one the hardest way. Its also the main purpose of the game you play Minecraft play the way you like to (whitout rule breaking), if you wanna build a house in eggwars do it, if you wanna rush instantaly do it.
Yes you can, why do you think the game rules exist even if there is no ingame feature to specifically prevent you from breaking them (other than the anticheat for hacks)?

Not to mention that games can often be designed in ways to compliment how they are supposed to be played. When a game fails to do that, its usually a badly designed one.

The whole point of a "game" is that its really just a set of certain rules and behaviors you have to abide by to make it enjoyable. Sure, being a sweat isn't against the rules, but it makes the game unenjoyable as hell for non-sweats. Practices that make games unenjoyable should at the very least be discouraged.

Yes, eggwars does let you play in many different ways, but you need to understand that rushing super quickly and ending the game quick is not meant to be one of them. All of the tnt, ender pearls, bows, gear, swords, etc. are supposed to give you different options to approach the game and an alternative to just the plain "walk up to the guy and slap him off the map". Its supposed to add a sense of tactics and strategy into the game while also allowing players to be more creative.

Also: pretty sure that building a house in eggwars would be against the rules, just not sure which one (if we are being technical, it could pass as camping, otherwise it could be prolonging the game which would fall under trolling).

The main purpose of minecraft is supposed to be "you do whatever the hell you like", not the purpose of minecraft minigames on 3rd party servers. If that's what was the purpose of them, they'd no rules and would have no anticheat.

3:
Thats not really a valid argument because you never really wanna get in fight when your in a base, at any moment of the game. even if you rush them in 60 minutes they will not like it.
Maybe you want sweat to rush mid and camp it for all game gathering all ressource and still win but with a longer game time (when its not necessary) just because its fun and its how it should be for no other reason.
What I meant was somehting more along the lines of: being rushed quickly, early into the game, ruins the fun. The reason you start out with no gear and no resources in your inventory is because the game wants you to do preparation before actually going out and attacking. Eggwars is supposed to be a game of preparation, you are supposed to prepare every time before you leave your base. To leave the base in the early game, you'll need blocks, some weapon to defend yourself with, and if you really to rush quickly then at least a pickaxe would be useful.

4. new player still gonna loose to experienced player till they learn to play, even if you make the game last 999999999 hours (kinda joking but it's true), all you get is boring game (waiting on generator simulator).
Not quite, with enough preparation time, a good enough plan, and the right kind of experienced player, a new player has good chances of winning now depending on what they're doing. With high level gear, a good weapon, the experienced player of course is still gonna win more, but the worse player will have much better chances of fighting back.

Besides, the point is also that more game time means more time for those new players to learn the game and it also means that new players are more likely to stay. The average player doesn't do practice or training, they just play the game and learn "naturally" that way. If they last only a minute each game, they won't learn sh*t. Unlike if the game lasts those 99999999 hours, then they can learn the game, get used to certain things, try doing things, and so on. Basically: longer games means that the new players learn the game more, and the fact they don't die too quickly makes them more likely to stay around for longer.

5. this update dont feel like overpowered
Just you wait until you have 20 god apples in your inventory after a 30 minute game in full prot 2 netherite and only manage to win a fight because the helmet of the guy you fought broke after 5 full minutes of fighting. It is overpowered alright, just not the same way it used to be.

. will new player react faster with update ? (adding that sweat were also new player once)

THIS,
first thing where I agree with you, farming make winning easier in this game and winning using only iron is not the easiest way it's more like the hardest way to win, since the game is farm friendly (both version).

So why nerfing iron when it dont help that much to win, but its necessary for everything ??
Yes, sweats were new players at one point, but at the time they were, the weren't that many sweats around to ruin games for them and interrupt their development.

They nerfed iron so that you can't go in and rush players with only 5 pieces of it and in less than 10 seconds into the game. On the hive, you can rush players with only 5 gold (the equivalent of iron), and there most players are dead before they can even get armor.

Late game, you won't have much issue affording things that cost iron anyway, and the nerf only really affects the early game.

Besides, the game doesn't want you to just sit and farm iron, it actually wants you to try and get better resources, there is a reason the gold generator in the base is weak, and there is a reason why getting diamonds usually requires you to leave your island.

all it would change is timing.
excuse for liking actual gameplay instead of waiting my friend on generator.
Exactly, that's what I am saying: its supposed to affect the timing so that the worse players can react better and be more prepared by the time they get rushed.

I dont like slow game where the problem, at the end real sweat will still be a sweat no matter how they play (people good at pvp).
Again, the point isn't to make pvp impossible for players who are good, its to make worse players stand better chances. Of course sweats are still gonna win most of the time, but if you're smart and a little lucky you now stand better chances against them than before. Also, a lot of sweats rely on speed more than anything, slowing them down reduces one of the most if not the most important thing that makes them dangerous. And the one that affects worse and new players and their willingness to stay on the server more than any other aspect.

so we should ban strategy too because its too op?
Doing the same thing over and over again, with said thing being "rush people as fast as possible" is hardly a strategy. A strategy is a game plan that is the result of thinking, planning, logic and the information you have. The only thing that rushing people fast has out of those things is "planning", and that's because the plan is "rush everyone quickly before they can get stuff". On top of that, the problem is that before the update this used to be the ONLY valid "strategy".

The game isn't anti strategy, since the update it in fact became strategic. Now the game encourages planning to do a thing, getting the stuff you need to do a thing and then finally executing that plan. It requires you to plan ahead more than before. It requires you to prepare to execute that plan, and maybe have a plan B, more than before. And it encourages good execution of those plans.

Its before the update that strategy was "banned". Before the update there was only one valid way to play game and win, with every other way either way of playing the game being ineffective.

and just be good at pvp to control mid?? and make long game because its fun for noob??
I mean: the whole point of the game now is supposed to try and control the resources (or, if you still have the ability to, kill everyone before they can get them), there is a reason diamond generators either don't exist in player bases or start broken and have to be fixed first.

As for making the game long: literally yes, that's what the update was supposed to achieve. Longer games means those players, who btw make up the majority of literally the entire gaming community, stay around for longer and might even spend money on the server.

(yes "sweat" use strat) moreover a lot of player are too focused on ressource to care/notice you...
The only strat sweats use is to rush as fast as possible. I've only once seen a "sweat" actually try something other than just rushing all players quickly.

but with all that, after you 4v1 and blocked yourself almost doing the impossible they just use pick.
That's why you need teammates to help you while you are doing it, either that or you gotta find a way to be sneaky.

I agree that sweat are unfair to new player, but being a sweat is not easy and not that common, and you can counter most sweat with farm (not really if your alone agaisnt a full party team), in both version, at the end its your skill that matter the most and sadly you need to be experimented to be good like for everything or play a total rng(hasard) game.
when you play a lot, you end up noticing that rushing (fast) is the most effictive way to win.

this new update is targeting the grinder community, that enjoy fast game
but technicially change nothing.
I dont have one friend that enjoy the update
being a sweat not easy? Yeah, winning 99% of your games and having almost complete control over the length of almost every game definitely is very challening, those poor guys have it so hard these days. (I am being sarcastic in case you didn't notice).

Yes, skill matters most, but with the new update the gap between low skill and high skill grew noticeably smaller, with lower skill players now having a higher chance of standing against a high skill player.

Rushing fast may be the most effective way to win the game, but since the update its noticeably less effective and I suspect that in the future cubecraft will continue to make it less and less effective.

The update is targetting the grinder community, the thing is: its a pretty small community. If it was large, eggwars wouldn't turn into cubecrafts most popular gamemode after the update.

I don't care how many of your friends don't like the update or enjoy fast games, fast games are not the way the game is intended to be played and most players prefer the games to be a little longer, as once again proven by the player numbers since the update.

ballonpuma288

Jun 26, 2021
France
The update literally proved that yes, it is a solution. The only way to get worse players to be able to have fun without sweats ruining it is either by separating the two groups or evening the playing field to give the worse players better chances.

me on the update rushing as fast as possible:

is this my fault that 4 people are not able to kill me?
or 4 people dont buy sword? (especially when sweat is a "common" problem, if every "sweat" magicly disapear after update and you think this is good, your "racist" like I said)
I have a lot of clip like that with people just sleeping on their island.

me still after the update "farming":
(I can only clip 2 Min so I farm on duel and I also dont like long game)

well new player will still lose as I said but just slower.
btw I didn't had any fun farming for no reason, except giving chance to my oponent.

Fortnite literally had the same problem for years, but there the games skill gap was so high they had to introduce skill based matchmaking on top of having to add gamemodes where the harder mechanics do not exist (no-build mode).
you compare here a 1v99 against a 1v15 in egg solo or 10v30 in egg mega
you have like 1% chance of winning in fornite (if everyone had really the same skill, not including team play)

so to make a game fun you need to remove what people are good at??
or transform fornite like all the other fps game whitout build?? (I know their original game mode still exist)

You are complaining about not being able to fight a whole team in team mode by yourself
No I complain about killing them all but still not getting their egg. (sometimes killing them twice, its kinda farm kill friendly which is banable)

And somehow you are the only person who claims to not have encountered many sweats before the update despite literal mods and moderators knowing otherwise (that's why they udpated eggwars)
does mod have 11k wins experience, I dont know how everyone encounter so many 1 min game. I did more game than most people and I can tell you, if my strat of rushing completly naked work like 4 time on 5. Sweat aint really a problem or I would die everytime trying this, moreover before being a total sweat rushing naked on pc, I played on xbox still not having sweat problem.

Yes, the solution is to lower the skill gap because otherwise you won't attract new players or have potential new players stick around for longer.
I dont think you can really do that on eggwars, since its a total skill based game, but you can reduce it yourself by buying gear. You cant win by staying on your island and with everyone I play against, I Feel like it's what their trying.
(where sweat?)

You are telling people who die quickly to just try joining a new game until they find one without sweats
that's what I do, because I avoid long game and its not that common so its ok.

If said way of enjoying the game ruins the enjoyment of many others, then yes, especially for a minecraft server. Minecraft servers are also businesses, they need to make money to sustain themselves. They can't make money if all of the potential new buyers for ranks, packs, cosmetic items, etc. are scared away by a guy for whom a 30 second win is more important than having fun.

In other words: On top of the slightly more "moral" implications of a sweat ruining the enjoyment of many players, there is also the fact that its simply unprofitable to let such people run around. Again, fortnite is the best example, its the sweats and tryhards that forced epic games to add skill based matchmaking and "easier" gamemodes because they were making less and less money and losing players. Same can be said for cubecraft, the player numbers before the update were dropping. And eggwars was nowhere near where it was in player numbers now.

Tl;dr: yes, its bad, both business wise and for just about any player that isn't a "sweat"
I'm not gonna develop a lot on this one, since money is important yes, without it I dont know if the server would be alive.
but money is not always a good things, some game are ruinned by it.
you can go far with this one making eggwars a pay to win game because its important for the server.
money often ruin things.

Yes, eggwars does let you play in many different ways, but you need to understand that rushing super quickly and ending the game quick is not meant to be one of them. All of the tnt, ender pearls, bows, gear, swords, etc. are supposed to give you different options to approach the game and an alternative to just the plain "walk up to the guy and slap him off the map". Its supposed to add a sense of tactics and strategy into the game while also allowing players to be more creative.
what is the goal of a game?
have fun and eventually win (some people like more the winning part, me)
who told you that winning fast is not a strategy?

Also: pretty sure that building a house in eggwars would be against the rules, just not sure which one (if we are being technical, it could pass as camping, otherwise it could be prolonging the game which would fall under trolling).
just to add detail mod would never ban you for just having fun that dont stop people from winning in an unfair way.
the banable camping is: avoiding to fight while not trying to win. (defence camping is not banable)
not fighting is not banable avoiding to fight intetionally is (not including strategical runaway, but more like hiding under map).

Not to mention that games can often be designed in ways to compliment how they are supposed to be played. When a game fails to do that, its usually a badly designed one.
where do sweat dont play in the way intended except the timing?
to win you need to break egg and kill people, by farming or not or even in other way that I cant imagine (that still feat with the rule).

What I meant was somehting more along the lines of: being rushed quickly, early into the game, ruins the fun. The reason you start out with no gear and no resources in your inventory is because the game wants you to do preparation before actually going out and attacking. Eggwars is supposed to be a game of preparation, you are supposed to prepare every time before you leave your base. To leave the base in the early game, you'll need blocks, some weapon to defend yourself with, and if you really to rush quickly then at least a pickaxe would be useful.
I agree but that's also why fast preparation is more effective (only block is preparation too, especially when pick is 7 iron) and you avoid ffa at mid.

Just you wait until you have 20 god apples in your inventory after a 30 minute game in full prot 2 netherite and only manage to win a fight because the helmet of the guy you fought broke after 5 full minutes of fighting. It is overpowered alright, just not the same way it used to be.
did you already got 5 hited by a trident that just cost 21/24 diamond (im not sure with ems reduction) in iron armour?

Yes, sweats were new players at one point, but at the time they were, the weren't that many sweats around to ruin games for them and interrupt their development.
the firsts sweats I met, made me realise that fast bridge exist. It's up to you to stop playing a game because people some people are good.
And i learned a lot from sweat.

Exactly, that's what I am saying: its supposed to affect the timing so that the worse players can react better and be more prepared by the time they get rushed.
they can be more prepared "sweat" would still win against "the worst player".

As for making the game long: literally yes, that's what the update was supposed to achieve. Longer games means those players, who btw make up the majority of literally the entire gaming community, stay around for longer and might even spend money on the server.
till they get bored of long game and quit or end up learning to be a sweat.

The update is targetting the grinder community, the thing is: its a pretty small community. If it was large, eggwars wouldn't turn into cubecrafts most popular gamemode after the update.

I don't care how many of your friends don't like the update or enjoy fast games, fast games are not the way the game is intended to be played and most players prefer the games to be a little longer, as once again proven by the player numbers since the update.
that's your choice to be against a specific type of player that use fast strategy to win, and accusing them of breaking the game when they dont.
You can pretend that cubecraft was dying before and every game would be only rusher.
when it was the most played game of cubecraft and it still is.

being a sweat not easy? Yeah, winning 99% of your games and having almost complete control over the length of almost every game definitely is very challening, those poor guys have it so hard these days. (I am being sarcastic in case you didn't notice).
try to rush only with iron and tell me if its easy then whitout any strategy because sweat dont use that (like you said).

you need to be already good at eggwars in general to rush fast like sweat and "control length of game".

sweat player were once farmer but realise its not always necessary.

you can make number say everything, actually the number of player increased after modification from 1.19 to 1.20
when they kinda reverted the iron price and added some enchant back, but still you can make number say everything whitout real study.

update is kinda targeting a comunity of player for winning fast when they are a small comunity.
The update is targetting the grinder community, the thing is: its a pretty small community.
you said you meet them too much in game no ?

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
me on the update rushing as fast as possible:

is this my fault that 4 people are not able to kill me?
or 4 people dont buy sword? (especially when sweat is a "common" problem, if every "sweat" magicly disapear after update and you think this is good, your "racist" like I said)
I have a lot of clip like that with people just sleeping on their island.

me still after the update "farming":
(I can only clip 2 Min so I farm on duel and I also dont like long game)

well new player will still lose as I said but just slower.
btw I didn't had any fun farming for no reason, except giving chance to my oponent.
Did you not read a single word I wrote? I never said that bad players are meant to win all the time, or even the majority of the time. What I said is that they are supposed to have is better chances of winning, like: Instead of losing 99% of the time, they'd now lose like 91% or something like that.

Its not your fault they didn't use the chances they had, and I don't care how many clips you provide, how they use the chances and time they have doesn't matter, the point is supposed to be that they have the option to use them. They didn't have as much time or possibility to prepare before the update.

o to make a game fun you need to remove what people are good at??
or transform fornite like all the other fps game whitout build?? (I know their original game mode still exist)
No, what you have to do is lower the skill ceiling so it is still realistic for a person who doesn't spend that much time on the game to be average, to able to fight back, have fun and have some chances of winning. This wasn't possible before the update, before the update speed was absolutely necessary to be able to survive for a little longer and anyone who wasn't fast enough or good enough was always going to pretty much just be a free kill for the lobbies sweat. Now its possible to fight back a lot better and survive longer.

No I complain about killing them all but still not getting their egg. (sometimes killing them twice, its kinda farm kill friendly which is banable)

does mod have 11k wins experience, I dont know how everyone encounter so many 1 min game. I did more game than most people and I can tell you, if my strat of rushing completly naked work like 4 time on 5. Sweat aint really a problem or I would die everytime trying this, moreover before being a total sweat rushing naked on pc, I played on xbox still not having sweat problem.
Not all mods do, but some of them do review a lot of reports. They also take in a lot of feedback from the community, positive and negative. They also have to deal with the community for that matter. They know the innerworkings of the server better than most players (or at least they should). They are also probably somewhat active on the server itself. I could keep going on reasons why a mod knows much better than you, even with those 11k wins you got, but if you got at least 1 functional braincell I don't have to tell you why.

Not to mention that your experience and what you say is usually referred to as "anecdotal evidence", basically: Evidence on a "trust me bro" basis. In other words: you might as well be making this whole thing up. Meanwhile the mods and the developers who made the update probably got statistics/numbers on top of hundreds if not thousands of anecdotes from players. And they probably also got video evidence from reports, youtubers, and maybe even some of their own. And finally they also play the server themselves, so they know how it is.

If the mods and devs say that the update was necessary because there were a lot of sweats, and if they say there were a lot of sweats, then they are probably right as they have more evidence and basis for that statement than you can probably imagine.

And the reason YOU don't notice the sweat problem, for the second time, is because YOU ARE THE SWEAT, you ARE THE PROBLEM. The Skillgap for what TO YOU would be a sweat is much higher than that of the average casual or newbie. You don't notice the problem because you are the problem.

I dont think you can really do that on eggwars, since its a total skill based game, but you can reduce it yourself by buying gear. You cant win by staying on your island and with everyone I play against, I Feel like it's what their trying.
(where sweat?)

Exactly, reducing the skill needed to win by buying armor is why they made armor easier to get.

About being a "total" skill based game: the only total skill based games are ones where you have 100% of the information needed available to you at all times and where the ONLY way can get beaten is if you make a mistake or aren't skill enough. So basically, in the history of all games ever created: Chess and Checkers and no other game. In eggwars, there are plenty of situations where even the best of players can't do anything about it, and a lot of things that require you to be lucky, even despite the fact there is no RNG in the game.

I could go on for some time as to why eggwars isn't a "total" skill based game, but that's not why I am here, so I am going to leave it there.

Just for clarification: Eggwars IS a skill based game, don't me wrong, but its not a "total" skill based game.

I'm not gonna develop a lot on this one, since money is important yes, without it I dont know if the server would be alive.
but money is not always a good things, some game are ruinned by it.
you can go far with this one making eggwars a pay to win game because its important for the server.
money often ruin things.

Pretty sure that in a gamemode that pre-update used to not have that many players I think that the problem was more of a "this gamemode isn't profitable at all, why do we still have it here?" rather than a "we need to make more profit, NOW".

where do sweat dont play in the way intended except the timing?
to win you need to break egg and kill people, by farming or not or even in other way that I cant imagine (that still feat with the rule).
Besides the timing? Lets see:

Sweats do not take the time to prepare sufficiently for what they do, such as buying armor, a weapon, and a tool. A lot of them literally just buy blocks and nothing else, maybe a wooden pickaxe. The game is supposed to be about gathering resources and preparing for combat before actually entering it. Not sure what your idea of preparation is, but relying on your opponents being bad and incompetent and only buying blocks and a pick as a result isn't preparation.

Sweats often like to enter large build battles and place bridges in the weirdest of spots. This isn't really being unintended by the game itself, as much as it is unintended by the map design. Most maps want you to first go for the players on your left/right, or on one of these sides and in front of you, depending on how you spawn. And I've seen a lot of them instead go around the map like its a clock instead of going the intended way, the middle.

Large build battles aren't also exactly intended to be done, the game isn't built to have you crank 90s and try to outbuild your opponent for high ground like in fortnite. Ironically building in fights or straight up build battling is often a bad choice, the only exception being specific scenarios like when a guy has a bow or when you're trying to get a guy onto high ground so that you can hit his feet and be out of his range.

Sweats often also do not buy sufficient tools to break harder blocks, and you as someone who literally complained about struggling to break ancient debris and obsidian know that one better than anyone. The point of the game is also supposed to be that gear upgrades as the game goes on. Yet I've seen sweats end games in Iron or leather only, and sometimes even without armor entirely under the right circumstances. Sweats notoriously refuse to upgrade their gear unless they absolutely have no other choice.

And I mean: literally, absolutely, no other choice, I've seen players sit there for ages sitting there breaking ancient debris with iron or stone (and one time I even saw wood) and having to heal with apples because they refuse to buy a stronger pickaxe.

Speaking of refusing to upgrade the gear I often also see that, despite having ran through like 10 separate bases, they can often still find a way to lack resources... in a game where one of the primary mechanics and the only way to get items relies on you gathering resources. The only thing they don't seem to be lacking is Iron and its because they need it for blocks.

And the timings themselves are pretty significant. Short games aren't very fun for most players, most players, especially bad ones, can only find something fun or something to do in longer games. Short games are easily the best repellent for new players, noobs and casuals, for new players it means they don't get to see much of the game other than being stabbed by some guy who's trying really hard to get a quick win. For noobs it means very little game time to learn the game and get better. And for casuals it means a lot of games that don't even last long enough to be able to have fun.

The only players benefitting from short games are speedrunners, grinders, and sweats, as it favors their goals: getting as many wins as quickly as possible.

I agree but that's also why fast preparation is more effective (only block is preparation too, especially when pick is 7 iron) and you avoid ffa at mid.
Fast preparation is more effective, but you shouldn't be forced to be ready only a few seconds into the game to have a chance to live. I do not view "only block" as preapration, at least not sufficient preparation. The bare minumum I consider to be ready to leave the base is armor, a sword, and blocks, with a pickaxe being optional, depending on whether you want to or have to rush other players early.

did you already got 5 hited by a trident that just cost 21/24 diamond (im not sure with ems reduction) in iron armour?
I literally ran a whole series of threads on how damage works, yes I have been, and its another reason why I view overpowered as worthy of its name. If you can afford a 5 hit kill on iron so easilly, then I think the gamemode is worthy of its name.

the firsts sweats I met, made me realise that fast bridge exist. It's up to you to stop playing a game because people some people are good.
And i learned a lot from sweat.
For every thing you can learn from a sweat there are like 5 that you can't. For each player who realises speedbridging exists because of a sweat there are many who get mad at being comboed really quickly and probably accuse the sweat of using cheats. And many players who, because of the sweat, have decided the game is too difficult and quit it to never return again.

they can be more prepared "sweat" would still win against "the worst player".
Not if a fight is like in that netherite one I mentioned, where the only reason I won was because the guy I fought against had his helmet break after several minutes of hitting each other.

More preparation and better gear lowers the skill gap as it allows the worse players more time to react and if the preparation includes a ton of healing items and "gadgets" like fireballs then it allows them to win the game in a way that doesn't rely on skill. The only time a sweat wins all the time is if its purely about skill, but since eggwars has a lot of elements that can be abused by even the worst of players and now makes it easier to lower the skill gap with good gear the sweats will not win all the time. Most of the time? Definitely, all the time? Only if they are really lucky.

that's your choice to be against a specific type of player that use fast strategy to win, and accusing them of breaking the game when they dont.
You can pretend that cubecraft was dying before and every game would be only rusher.
when it was the most played game of cubecraft and it still is.
You think I am pretending cubecraft was dying? There is literal data about significant player declines that have started all the way after covid. Now okay, those applied to most other servers too and cube wasn't the only server that was "dying".

But since the update the player numbers have actually increased. Before the update, cubecraft was equal to or below the hive in players most of the time, now cubecraft on peak hours can have so many more players than the hive that the hive is sometimes closer to lifeboat in players than it is to cube.

On top of that, since the update, cube is the only server on bedrock that consistently breaks the 10k player mark. The hive can only do that on weekends or just barely on other days if it gets lucky.

Besides, its not me who claims the server was dropping players or that eggwars was losing them, it was the mods and the devs who made the update. They probably have very exact data detailing the whole thing so I think I will believe them more than you who'd much rather live in denial about the fact that this update was actually a good thing for cubecraft and most players.

try to rush only with iron and tell me if its easy then whitout any strategy because sweat dont use that (like you said).

you need to be already good at eggwars in general to rush fast like sweat and "control length of game".

sweat player were once farmer but realise its not always necessary.
I don't think I will. Yes, you need to be very good, but if you are on that level, the game isn't exactly hard for you.

Again: at the time sweats were farmers there were no sweats to ruin their games.

you can make number say everything, actually the number of player increased after modification from 1.19 to 1.20
when they kinda reverted the iron price and added some enchant back, but still you can make number say everything whitout real study.

update is kinda targeting a comunity of player for winning fast when they are a small comunity.
no, you can in fact not just make the player number say whatever you like, the only thing that controls it is how many players are online. It is data that can be verified and checked on as an outsider.

Again: mods probably have noticed the signficant increase in players, both on cube in general, as well as eggwars only, and they probably do have the data to verify it. There also probably is publically available data on said growth, there are websites tracking player numbers at all times, such as:

Also: are you really the one who tries to question the legitimacy of data and mathematical evidence while also claiming for your experience and anecdotes to be worth anything? You sound like the type of person to be an andrew tate fan just based off of that alone, and that just in addition to possibly being braindead (assuming those two things aren't synonmous with each other).

you said you meet them too much in game no ?
And based off of that sentence I think you are braindead. Not like I had hopes for you after you tried to question data, the moderators and the devs several times, but you somehow managed to still disappoint despite me having zero expectations. Good job.

Even as little as one sweat in a 12 or 16 or 40 player lobby can be ruining the game. 1 in 12 isn't even 10%. And sweats are notorious for playing a lot and playing for long periods of time, so even if they were only a total of 12 players on the whole network, it is still realistically possible to encouter them a lot. Especially when there are also other factors that influence who you meet ingame and how much, like your region/location, your wifi, whether or not you use a VPN, which gamemode you pick (Solo eggwars isn't played that much by Team eggwars enthusiasts for example). The times at which you play also matter, some sweats may not be online at the times you are online.

Basically: the number of sweats you are gonna encounter differs based on region, gamemode, and time.
Solos isn't the same as teams. North america isn't the same As EU. playing at midnight is different than playing at 10 in the morning.

I could keep going on as to how even a very tiny group of players can be very annoying, and even name examples of other small groups, like hackers, but I won't because anyone with a functional brain can figure this stuff out pretty easily with some common sense.

ballonpuma288

Jun 26, 2021
France
And the reason YOU don't notice the sweat problem, for the second time, is because YOU ARE THE SWEAT, you ARE THE PROBLEM. The Skillgap for what TO YOU would be a sweat is much higher than that of the average casual or newbie. You don't notice the problem because you are the problem.
with that you can basicly say that everyone is sweat. I had/have no problem avoiding what I consider sweat, not even my phone player friends they actually managed to be leaderboard (so you could too my friend).

Not to mention that your experience and what you say is usually referred to as "anecdotal evidence", basically: Evidence on a "trust me bro" basis. In other words: you might as well be making this whole thing up. Meanwhile the mods and the developers who made the update probably got statistics/numbers on top of hundreds if not thousands of anecdotes from players. And they probably also got video evidence from reports, youtubers, and maybe even some of their own. And finally they also play the server themselves, so they know how it is.
when people report or make feedback it's most of the time when you have something that you dont like, people rarely give feedback when they enjoy something. for exemple me on eggwars s1 update, I had no idea that some people may dislike the update, I enjoyed it and didn't make any feedback saying I enjoyed it.

"Trust me bro" (that's what your kinda saying too)

Sweats do not take the time to prepare sufficiently for what they do, such as buying armor, a weapon, and a tool. A lot of them literally just buy blocks and nothing else, maybe a wooden pickaxe. The game is supposed to be about gathering resources and preparing for combat before actually entering it. Not sure what your idea of preparation is, but relying on your opponents being bad and incompetent and only buying blocks and a pick as a result isn't preparation.

Sweats often like to enter large build battles and place bridges in the weirdest of spots. This isn't really being unintended by the game itself, as much as it is unintended by the map design. Most maps want you to first go for the players on your left/right, or on one of these sides and in front of you, depending on how you spawn. And I've seen a lot of them instead go around the map like its a clock instead of going the intended way, the middle.

Large build battles aren't also exactly intended to be done, the game isn't built to have you crank 90s and try to outbuild your opponent for high ground like in fortnite. Ironically building in fights or straight up build battling is often a bad choice, the only exception being specific scenarios like when a guy has a bow or when you're trying to get a guy onto high ground so that you can hit his feet and be out of his range.

Sweats often also do not buy sufficient tools to break harder blocks, and you as someone who literally complained about struggling to break ancient debris and obsidian know that one better than anyone. The point of the game is also supposed to be that gear upgrades as the game goes on. Yet I've seen sweats end games in Iron or leather only, and sometimes even without armor entirely under the right circumstances. Sweats notoriously refuse to upgrade their gear unless they absolutely have no other choice.

And I mean: literally, absolutely, no other choice, I've seen players sit there for ages sitting there breaking ancient debris with iron or stone (and one time I even saw wood) and having to heal with apples because they refuse to buy a stronger pickaxe.

Speaking of refusing to upgrade the gear I often also see that, despite having ran through like 10 separate bases, they can often still find a way to lack resources... in a game where one of the primary mechanics and the only way to get items relies on you gathering resources. The only thing they don't seem to be lacking is Iron and its because they need it for blocks.

And the timings themselves are pretty significant. Short games aren't very fun for most players, most players, especially bad ones, can only find something fun or something to do in longer games. Short games are easily the best repellent for new players, noobs and casuals, for new players it means they don't get to see much of the game other than being stabbed by some guy who's trying really hard to get a quick win. For noobs it means very little game time to learn the game and get better. And for casuals it means a lot of games that don't even last long enough to be able to have fun.

The only players benefitting from short games are speedrunners, grinders, and sweats, as it favors their goals: getting as many wins as quickly as possible.
are you trying to learn me how to play?
where is the book that say you need to play eggwars like this and only like this?

from what you said earlier you sound like someone for exemple on fortnite: that would not fight even if forced to because you dont have all gold or unique or legend (idk not fortnite player) weapon in your inventory.

but every game is build to only rewards winners, same for a strategy people dont gonna build strategy that reward their opponent. (if we dont consider learning and exeperience acquired from win and loss as reward)
are you trying to do a strategy to loose? to give chance to your oponent? or to win?

Fast preparation is more effective, but you shouldn't be forced to be ready only a few seconds into the game to have a chance to live. I do not view "only block" as preapration, at least not sufficient preparation. The bare minumum I consider to be ready to leave the base is armor, a sword, and blocks, with a pickaxe being optional, depending on whether you want to or have to rush other players early.
yes preparation is necessary but tell me why? (because I will die so easy if I go not prepared that's a ME problem, a problem that I accept to face in order to win)
and as you said that's what YOU consider, can you consider for other and advice them yes, can you force them to play only your way? (thx for the advices btw)

the time I loose to get my item and the time I loose to rush to your base, you should have atleast 1 item to counter/defend me and 4v1 me and be aware that their a reason why block kit and close island are a things.

I literally ran a whole series of threads on how damage works, yes I have been, and its another reason why I view overpowered as worthy of its name. If you can afford a 5 hit kill on iron so easilly, then I think the gamemode is worthy of its name.
I never tought someone could like this, but its cool then I'm also ok with making overpowered things that are really easy to buy, I'm just not ok with nerfing iron and the most basic item pick switching from 1 iron coblestone pick efficiency 2 to 7 iron for a wood pick efficiency 1. (and we had to complain a lot to have atleast efficiency 1 in OP)

edit: block price is the most anoying change and not only for me but fast farmer take more time rushing to mid too

But I tought you cared about new player having a chance to fight back and having time to react. (switching best sword from 64 diamond to 21 diamond is crazy but ok for me)
you can boost farmer its ok (for me because I agree sweat rusher could make some sacrifies, they adapt) just dont nerf rusher when its already hard to rush.
And again I tell you try to rush

For every thing you can learn from a sweat there are like 5 that you can't. For each player who realises speedbridging exists because of a sweat there are many who get mad at being comboed really quickly and probably accuse the sweat of using cheats. And many players who, because of the sweat, have decided the game is too difficult and quit it to never return again.
kinda true but, grind community is small so they shoudln't be that many (moreover its kinda hard to become one).
So new player can learn in other game too, or they judge game on 1 try.
In order to train some player intentionnaly try to join full sweat team and try to fight back

Exactly, reducing the skill needed to win by buying armor is why they made armor easier to get.
tbh honest even if it dont seems like a good idea I'm ok with that , but not nerfing iron.

Again: at the time sweats were farmers there were no sweats to ruin their games.
maybe other/better farmer, people that could speedbridge?
player are in constant evolution, some player become so good that ressource other than iron are not nessecary anymore.
Maybe your against evolution and freedom of playstyle and everyone should just stick to farm simulator gameplay.
what is the counter of farmer? (yes it's fast rusher or you try to farm more your choice or something I'm to stupid to think about)

if people were decent enought they could kill a naked guy with 5 wood sword hit on old update so it was already perfectly balanced and what could you do against 2, 4 or more people all hiting you toward void? (except extreme sweat "drag clicking" 999 blocks)

Again: mods probably have noticed the signficant increase in players, both on cube in general, as well as eggwars only, and they probably do have the data to verify it. There also probably is publically available data on said growth, there are websites tracking player numbers at all times, such as:
what about summer vacation??
or other factor?
you cant just associate random number to a random factor whitout study. What is the pourcentage of rank player, player that like the update, player that come just to try it and leave but hate it, people that would just come even whitout update because vacation and more?

I dont doubt about mod with their stat but if you got one link to these stat or proof or something that mod said it would be more convincing, since I only saw people assuming weird stat on discord.

Also: are you really the one who tries to question the legitimacy of data and mathematical evidence while also claiming for your experience and anecdotes to be worth anything? You sound like the type of person to be an andrew tate fan just based off of that alone, and that just in addition to possibly being braindead (assuming those two things aren't synonmous with each other).
think what you want from me, I dont force people to play in only one way.
I may be stupid but ,do targeting a comunity for winning and being good is smart?

mathematical evidence
I'm not saying that math are wrong but where are these stat, I just saw people assuming things first going in my way like cube player have go down when its false (even if some people did really quit) and then cube player gone up, all while never seeing the math?

and just raw number cant explain everything, they are risk of cofounding factor. I dont see the stats at the date of the update, on the wesbite you linked.

Even as little as one sweat in a 12 or 16 or 40 player lobby can be ruining the game. 1 in 12 isn't even 10%. And sweats are notorious for playing a lot and playing for long periods of time, so even if they were only a total of 12 players on the whole network, it is still realistically possible to encouter them a lot.
No what I meant, I tought you would see the relation between saying community is small but a threat to eggwars, since your so smart and dont watch Andrew Tate.
If my stupid brain understand, grind comunnity is too small for the update to matter but not big enought to be a trouble, that make sense your right after all, we should just ban them their annoying and not a lot.

Oh I didn't know that the chance of encoutering possibly a sweat was big actually, ThAnKs FoR LEtTiNG Me KnOw ,lets take mega if we forget the chance of a sweat being in our team we have not 1 on 30 but 30 on 40 possibility of having atleast a sweat , basic math that dont include the probability of a player to be a sweat (egg sweat community/egg players).
you dont play a game because the possible chance of meeting a good player is high?
play skyblock then.
same for fortnite or everything with a chance to encounter someone good, do something else then.

how is 1 sweat alone a problem?
he may be rushing but that's just he's type of play and since he's alone even if he's fast his strat is less effective its the better situation to learn to counter sweat or to get him in 4v1, 2v1, 10v1 when he rush. it also give more time to play for everyone, and if he win even alone what's wrong he's just good and would win no matter what update is done.

but the problem he's encoutering them too much, let's say its true, sweat are overtaking the game. why dont you learn to counter them? (some did farmer sweat, defence sweat, obsidian speedrunners)
they are too much good people able to win that learn to play differently?
the problem is not that they win, it's that they win fast? (maybe your right a win is not a win because its fast)

And if we forget "moral" aspect of targeting a comunity for wining fast. Aint a community known for playing a lot and playing for long periods of time better than more player that gonna quit the game forever faster.
Have you ever seen a game without a competitive side, not even talking about multiplayer (a minimum popular).
(same with money aspect but let's forget that)
Imagine cubecraft without "sweat" is it a succeful server??

Basically: the number of sweats you are gonna encounter differs based on region, gamemode, and time.
Solos isn't the same as teams. North america isn't the same As EU. playing at midnight is different than playing at 10 in the morning.
yes playing on week-end or friday after school their are more sweats but also more new/average players.
I dont really see what you mean? I play with Na player too, the first Leadeboard (an xbox player) and we had no real problem with sweats, in our regular play, (we avoid them for not necessary long game, and it happen like maybe 10 times in a day, since we play a lot, It's not a precise number since leaving dont bother me and I dont even notice when we do it).

Except maybe some other sweat that targeted us intentionnaly on all our game, just because we are leaderboard.

I dont know why I'm wasting time talking to you since I saw all of these "I dont care, your just a problem, you are braindead "
I don't care how many of your friends don't like the update or enjoy fast games
Sound like a I dont care if the update is bad.

and I don't care how many clips you provide

are you trying to reasoning or just force your way of playing to other?
oh yes sorry I'm stupid.
"sweat" opinion dont matter we so stupid

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
with that you can basicly say that everyone is sweat. I had/have no problem avoiding what I consider sweat, not even my phone player friends they actually managed to be leaderboard (so you could too my friend).
Not quite, I gave a clear definition of what a sweat is to me: someone seeking to end the game as fast as possible while also winning it. Technically speaking that term isn't even related to skill, but since most of those players are skilled and the ones that aren't seem to be so slow at achieving this that you wouldn't even notice them, then I guess it could be defined as "someone GOOD seeking to end the game as fast as possible while also winning it".

If your requirement to be a sweat is a place on the leaderboard, then thats kinda the point I was making with you having a different definition of a sweat compared to a normal person. To a normal person, someone trying way too hard to win fast but being bad at it would probably still be considered a sweat, unlike you who only views leaderboard players as worthy of that label.

when people report or make feedback it's most of the time when you have something that you dont like, people rarely give feedback when they enjoy something. for exemple me on eggwars s1 update, I had no idea that some people may dislike the update, I enjoyed it and didn't make any feedback saying I enjoyed it.

"Trust me bro" (that's what your kinda saying too)
Not quite. First of all, feedback isn't the only thing that tells the mods and devs people don't like the game, player numbers are extremely important too. And those, for quite some time, clearly indicated a fall in interest for eggwars.

Second of all, I ain't going off of a "trust me bro", I am going off of what the mods and devs themselves have said about the update on discord and to cubecraft content creators.

Third of all, I am pretty sure mods and devs are smart enough to differentiate between a bunch of mad children saying things like "eggwars bad, pls fix" and actual worthy feedback. I am also certain they are capable of reconignizing when they should listen to the feedback, and when they can safely ignore it.

They ignored the complaints of the grinders, speedrunners and sweats on the forums for example, and it worked out perfectly fine for them.

are you trying to learn me how to play?
Apparently you need it, so yes.

where is the book that say you need to play eggwars like this and only like this?
There isn't one, but with a bit of common sense you can figure it out based on the games design and by thinking "how would a casual player approach this".

but every game is build to only rewards winners, same for a strategy people dont gonna build strategy that reward their opponent. (if we dont consider learning and exeperience acquired from win and loss as reward)
are you trying to do a strategy to loose? to give chance to your oponent? or to win?
Is it? The only reward you get from winning a game of any chosen minigame on cubecraft is literally just a bunch of XP points, that don't do anything other than allowing you to brag about your level to anyone you force to look at it.

There is zero reward for winning games, the games on cube aren't built to reward winners.

Of course you should make a strategy to win, but a good strategy is one where you are prepared for every scenario in case things go wrong. Unfortunately just hoping to be able to easily combo your opponents, even if it may work most of the time because of sheer luck, isn't sustainable, safe or good strategy.

yes preparation is necessary but tell me why? (because I will die so easy if I go not prepared that's a ME problem, a problem that I accept to face in order to win)
and as you said that's what YOU consider, can you consider for other and advice them yes, can you force them to play only your way? (thx for the advices btw)

the time I loose to get my item and the time I loose to rush to your base, you should have atleast 1 item to counter/defend me and 4v1 me and be aware that their a reason why block kit and close island are a things.
Its necessary because it is what the game is supposed to be about. You prepare for a fight, have a fight, and hopefully win.

Yes, you should probably have items as a back up plan.

The reason for the block kit is so you don't have to waste extra resources to build an egg defense, the kit literally only gives you 10-15 blocks, which on most maps is hardly enough to actually get anywhere useful.

I never tought someone could like this, but its cool then I'm also ok with making overpowered things that are really easy to buy, I'm just not ok with nerfing iron and the most basic item pick switching from 1 iron coblestone pick efficiency 2 to 7 iron for a wood pick efficiency 1. (and we had to complain a lot to have atleast efficiency 1 in OP)

edit: block price is the most anoying change and not only for me but fast farmer take more time rushing to mid too

But I tought you cared about new player having a chance to fight back and having time to react. (switching best sword from 64 diamond to 21 diamond is crazy but ok for me)
you can boost farmer its ok (for me because I agree sweat rusher could make some sacrifies, they adapt) just dont nerf rusher when its already hard to rush.
And again I tell you try to rush
I don't really like it that much, I am just saying that the gamemode and the way it works justifies its name.

Yes, I do care about new players, but I never said I consider tridents and their existence a good thing. All I said is that its fitting to a gamemode called overpowered.

Its not hard to rush at all, all you need is a stack of blocks, a pickaxe, and if you do actual preparation then you'll also have armor and a sword. You can just build really tall if you don't want to risk being hit off if that's what makes it hard.

kinda true but, grind community is small so they shoudln't be that many (moreover its kinda hard to become one).
So new player can learn in other game too, or they judge game on 1 try.
In order to train some player intentionnaly try to join full sweat team and try to fight back
I kind of don't care what some players do to become sweats, or how hard it is to become one. The point is that the average player isn't interested in that, nor will they try any kind of doing anything "special" to achieve it.

maybe other/better farmer, people that could speedbridge?
player are in constant evolution, some player become so good that ressource other than iron are not nessecary anymore.
Maybe your against evolution and freedom of playstyle and everyone should just stick to farm simulator gameplay.
what is the counter of farmer? (yes it's fast rusher or you try to farm more your choice or something I'm to stupid to think about)

if people were decent enought they could kill a naked guy with 5 wood sword hit on old update so it was already perfectly balanced and what could you do against 2, 4 or more people all hiting you toward void? (except extreme sweat "drag clicking" 999 blocks)
The problem aren't even better players themselves. Its players who are good and try their absolute hardest to play their absolute best at all times, usually visible in players who try to win as fast as they can. If good players simply took longer to do things and weren't trying to try and win as fast as possible, there would be not much of a problem with them.

At the time the sweats weren't sweats, there were almost no players trying to win games quickly, or at least none that were doing it fast enough to the point of ruining the game.

Players actually shouldn't evolve that much, it raises the skill gap for any potential new players and makes the game unfriendly to them. I am not against freedom of playstyle, I am against a game turning from one where you can, without much effort, stay alive for several minutes, to one where a game can be ended in less than one minute. The entry point for new players to become average shouldn't be that high in the first place, nor should it grow in any significant capacity if you intend on having any new players long term.

I remember a time when in hypixel bedwars (java) for example, speedbridging was something only the highly skilled could do, now its something absolutely necessary to do if you intend on surviving, and it makes it completely impossible for any new players to enter the game without putting in the hours to learn java speedbridging first.

And then you have an actual competitive game like counter strike, in which new players in 2013 had to learn the exact same things, mechanics, etc. as new players in 2023 have to.

what about summer vacation??
or other factor?
you cant just associate random number to a random factor whitout study. What is the pourcentage of rank player, player that like the update, player that come just to try it and leave but hate it, people that would just come even whitout update because vacation and more?

I dont doubt about mod with their stat but if you got one link to these stat or proof or something that mod said it would be more convincing, since I only saw people assuming weird stat on discord.
You can usually base what a normal amount of players should be based on factors like that. But I am not talking about player numbers alone, I am talking much more growth and percentages. Since the update, cubecraft is the only server that consistently and reliably makes it above 10k players, something that before the update the hive also used to be easily able to do. The amount of players in eggwars, percentage wise, in relation to other gamemodes also grew since the update. Before the update, eggwars usually had like 8-15% of the whole servers players on it at all times, regardless if 5k were online or 25k.

Since the update, eggwars has around 40-45% of all the servers players and combined, at any given time, it almost matches the amount of players that skywars and lucky blocks have COMBINED. Before the update eggwars was the servers 3rd most popular gamemode, since the update it hasn't stopped being the most popular for even a single second.

I sadly do not have access to any of that data, I can only give you things that I observed by looking at the numbers at different points in time myself. Cubecraft also can't give away such data to any random people, that would put the business at a bit of a risk and would make cubecraft mods and devs kind of bad employees if they gave away company and server related data to anyone who asks.

I can link you a youtube video where a developers discord messages basically said that they needed to update because new players weren't staying and old players were growing bored of eggwars.

(The explanation only starts at around 2:40, so you might want to skip ahead to find what you want).

Unfortunately tracking data ourselves and taking the mods and devs word for it is the best we've got, especially as this is just a minecraft server, no mentally sane person is gonna waste their energy running full-on studies here.

think what you want from me, I dont force people to play in only one way.
I may be stupid but ,do targeting a comunity for winning and being good is smart?
Lets see: that community is responsible for thousands of potential new players over the span of several years quitting the game because of their playstyle, so yes, its smart if you intend on keeping the game alive.

I'm not saying that math are wrong but where are these stat, I just saw people assuming things first going in my way like cube player have go down when its false (even if some people did really quit) and then cube player gone up, all while never seeing the math?

and just raw number cant explain everything, they are risk of cofounding factor. I dont see the stats at the date of the update, on the wesbite you linked.
Again: gotta track the data ourselves and take the mods and devs word for it, that's the best we've got.

No what I meant, I tought you would see the relation between saying community is small but a threat to eggwars, since your so smart and dont watch Andrew Tate.
If my stupid brain understand, grind comunnity is too small for the update to matter but not big enought to be a trouble, that make sense your right after all, we should just ban them their annoying and not a lot.
Are you implying you watch andrew tate? You haven't exactly denied and make me sound like a moron for not doing it?

No, we can't ban players for just playing the game a certain way if said way isn't specifically done with the purpose of being unfair. As unfair as grinding wins quickly may be to newer players, the primary goal of doing it is just getting better stats. There is no "malicious intent" present.

Oh I didn't know that the chance of encoutering possibly a sweat was big actually, ThAnKs FoR LEtTiNG Me KnOw ,lets take mega if we forget the chance of a sweat being in our team we have not 1 on 30 but 30 on 40 possibility of having atleast a sweat , basic math that dont include the probability of a player to be a sweat (egg sweat community/egg players).
you dont play a game because the possible chance of meeting a good player is high?
play skyblock then.
same for fortnite or everything with a chance to encounter someone good, do something else then.
Quitting the game because players were encountering sweats too much is exactly what was happening, and cubecraft didn't like it because it was bad for business and player numbers, so they made it so that sweats aren't that much of a problem.

Your "if its too hard, just quit" is exactly the kind of approach cubecraft doesn't want to and possibly can't afford to take if they decided to make an update that, according to some players on the forums, actually caused a lot of the grinders and sweats to quit and play something else (kinda ironic with you proposing the "got a problem? just quit. I could actually say the same to you as you are the one with a problem with the update)

how is 1 sweat alone a problem?
he may be rushing but that's just he's type of play and since he's alone even if he's fast his strat is less effective its the better situation to learn to counter sweat or to get him in 4v1, 2v1, 10v1 when he rush. it also give more time to play for everyone, and if he win even alone what's wrong he's just good and would win no matter what update is done.
Lets see: the average player usually solo queues those gamemodes, meaning that teams lack a certain level of coordination. Team based modes also are a prime target for worse players, meaning that if you play with randoms you are more likely to have a bad team.

One sweat alone can be a problem because of how sweats play. They try their absolute best to win quickly all the time. For a team that is heavily disorganised, with each player having a different level of smarts and skill, one sweat who managed to get through and remove the egg can be very problematic, even if he doesn't actually end up killing anyone for most of the game.

Even with in a longer game, some players don't want to spend a game that largely is supposed to consist of making preparations and getting resources before fighting having to fight someone who is trying way too badly for that quick win. Eggwars isn't supposed to be a game where you fight endlessly and die endlessly until you finally win, its supposed to be a game where, if you are good, you will only fight each player one or two times before he is eliminated completely.

but the problem he's encoutering them too much, let's say its true, sweat are overtaking the game. why dont you learn to counter them? (some did farmer sweat, defence sweat, obsidian speedrunners)
they are too much good people able to win that learn to play differently?
the problem is not that they win, it's that they win fast? (maybe your right a win is not a win because its fast)
If it wasn't true, the mods and devs wouldn't make an update supposed to reduce that problem.

Having to learn to specifically counter a select group of players is exactly how it shouldn't work. Each player should be able to approach the game with their own strategy and skills and still be able to survive for a little bit. Instead, what you are proposing is "play specifically with the goal of countering sweats", which is exactly why sweats are a problem. You wouldn't have to readjust if they weren't.

And if we forget "moral" aspect of targeting a comunity for wining fast. Aint a community known for playing a lot and playing for long periods of time better than more player that gonna quit the game forever faster.
Have you ever seen a game without a competitive side, not even talking about multiplayer (a minimum popular).
(same with money aspect but let's forget that)
Imagine cubecraft without "sweat" is it a succeful server??
There are many games with only a limited or non-existent competitive side, both inside minecraft, and in online gaming in general. Pretty sure there isn't competitive among us, competitive fall guys would also be kind of hard to pull off, and I don't think minecraft survival or minecraft creative can be done competitively without turning it into something else (like build battles, or a minecraft speedrun).

No, a community known for playing a lot and staying around isn't actually that good if they keep getting other players to quit. Not even just because it removes the chance of potential new players and buyers for ranks for example, but also because you aren't exactly being profitable if you grind the game for thousands of hours and only ocassionally make a purchase. What is better is trying to attract a ton of new players, who if they stay might become interested in purchases, and then move on to newer players.

I can imagine cubecraft without a sweat, It used to be that way back in the day. Same with fortnite, hypixel bedwars, and a ton of other games. A time when players weren't taking the game too seriously, weren't too good at it, and were just trying to have some fun.

I can totally imagine it, and if I could make it that way, I would do almost anything to achieve it.

yes playing on week-end or friday after school their are more sweats but also more new/average players.
I dont really see what you mean? I play with Na player too, the first Leadeboard (an xbox player) and we had no real problem with sweats, in our regular play, (we avoid them for not necessary long game, and it happen like maybe 10 times in a day, since we play a lot, It's not a precise number since leaving dont bother me and I dont even notice when we do it).

Except maybe some other sweat that targeted us intentionnaly on all our game, just because we are leaderboard.

I dont know why I'm wasting time talking to you since I saw all of these "I dont care, your just a problem, you are braindead "
The fact you can just play with the first leaderboard player on xbox kind of shows the point I was making with you being part of the sweat problem, as well as the reason why you don't notice that many sweats. Its because you are so sweaty the only way to be a sweat to you is by being one of the world best players, and because in each game where there'd normally be an other sweat, there is you.

Yes, I did call you braindead, because you genuinely believed your 11k wins are worth more than data tracking and the things the mods and devs said. And I called you a problem, because again: you are a sweat, thus the problem that cubecraft tried to deal with with the update.

Sound like a I dont care if the update is bad.
No, its more of a "I don't care what they think if player numbers show that the update is generally well received and thus probably good". But you can interpret is as you wish to.

are you trying to reasoning or just force your way of playing to other?
oh yes sorry I'm stupid.
"sweat" opinion dont matter we so stupid
I tried reasoning, but you are failing to see reason or facts and reject them, instead claiming for your 11 k wins to be worth anything.

A fact is: eggwars is more popular than ever since the update

A fact is: because of the popularity, the update appears to be well received

A fact is: cubecraft simply does not care about grinders and sweats, they are a small group that achieves nothing other than causing tons of players and potential new buyers for cosmetics and ranks to quit.

A fact is: the average new player prefers a longer and easier game rather than a short and difficult one.

A fact is: the update was necessary to prevent eggwars from losing any more players and keep the minigame alive.

A fact is: since the update, cubecraft is consistently more popular than the hive in player numbers, something that before the update only happened if cubecraft got lucky.

A fact is: after the update, cubecraft is the only server that has actually managed to experience a significant growth in players.

A fact is: since the update, almost half the servers players at any given time, with any given player number, are playing eggwars.

I am not saying anything new here, just summarising what I've said in all the previous messages but without all the extra "blah blah blah". All of the evidence facts, reasons, numbers and mods and devs point to the update actually being a good, necessary change that has had a positive impact on the server, even if it came at the "cost" of making the game difficult for sweats and causing a lot of them to apparently quit the game.

I am also not trying to force anyone to play in a specific way, what I am doing is justifying and defending cubecrafts decision to make certain playstyles less effective in order to ensure the servers and minigames survival and growth.

I am not saying you should try to fight players, or to never use a bow, what I am saying is: your playstyle causes players to quit, cubecraft didn't like (neither do I), so they did something about it, I might have suggested changes to your playstyle, but only because that's the only way you can prevent another update like this form happening. They don't have to make changes against speedrunners, grinders and sweats if they don't ruin the game for everyone else.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D I hope you have an awesome day today!
GiGaGekkies wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy Birthday
GiGaGekkies wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy Birthday
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday
people on roblox are so crazy they target me for having a “furry-like” outfit so often that i have to switch to a cowboy outfit just so i can have a normal experience 🤣🤣🙏
Top Bottom