Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!

sansbyuwu

Mar 30, 2021
I'm going to be as constructive as possible, but there's no sugar coating the abundance of poor decisions made to the EggWars game mode.

Let's start with the biggest complaints I've seen—netherite gear and shop prices. (Specifically in Overpowered Mode) What does cubecraft have against speed runners? Originally in a game, you could rush a base in under 30 iron and a few pieces of gold. (This includes blocks, amror, and a pickaxe, 5 gold specifically). Now in the new Overpowered mode, it's 32 iron for a stack of blocks and 10 for a full set of gear. You nearly need a stack of iron in order to execute an efficient run and there's no tier system for dimond pickaxes. Also, why is obsidian 25 diamonds? Not only is it obsolete, by the time you get obsidian, someone who rushes the game wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of their being obsidian on the eggs in the first 2 minutes of the game. If anything, this makes it WORSE for people wanting to combat against speed runners because they can't protect their egg for 15 gold like the used to. Games go by too quickly now if there's someone who can rush fast enough to end the game before anyone can even get obsidian.

Now to the netherite problem. I absolutely despise it. It's what angers me the most from this update. What was the reason to change the progression of armor? It was so balanced before—4 iron for leather, 40 gold for chain, 20 diamonds for iron, 2 stacks of diamonds for diamond gear. Not only is leather and chain removed, the fact that you can easily get 3 emeralds for the discount and buy a full set of diamond gear for 18 gold is INSANELY imbalanced. There's no strategy to the game anymore, you can just tank the game with enough discounts destroy the entire game. Also, the strongest sword you could get in Overpowered mode with diamonds was a sharpness V sword for 64 diamonds. Not only can you buy a netherite sword for less than half of that price, you can enchant it and kill an iron player in 5 good hits. This is why the protection V on all the armor sets were fundamental to what made the game fun.

Overpowered mode was everything amazing about eggwars. You could rush, you could defend, you could tank fall damage, you actually stood a chance against a player who was better at pvp than you because you didn't die so quickly. My biggest gripe is Netherite gear notably negates knockback. Now Cubecraft, in a pvp style game, you would understand that knockback is what makes the pvp actually FUN.

Now if you're attacking someone in full netherite gear, not only do they not move, they can charge at you and kill you.

Here's my advice, instead of blindly throwing updates at us, how about you PUT BETA GAMES TO GOOD USE.
USE BETA GAMES TO GET FEEDBACK ON FUTURE UPDATES FOR YOUR SERVER. You could've made a separate eggwars game with all the new features and got feedback on it before you spend 10 months on something the MAJORITY of your player base hates. That goes for all the other game modes besides eggwars.

TL;DR Respect your player base Cubecraft, test out features before you have your whole community hate you. You've turned deaf ears on your player base and they're mad, and rightfully so. My suggestion is to add the original eggwars as a separate game or admit you made a mistake and change it back. The update is the epitome of bad game design and needs to be rectified. Thank you.

TC XD

Jan 18, 2022
New York
Pronouns
He/Him
Everything you said is absolutely true man, I as a speed runner used to be able to get good sub minute games, even getting a top 10 any% duo run. Back then all the speed runners absolutely loved eggwars the way it was, but now ridiculous how impossible it is to speed run. It's about 50/51 iron to rush instead of the good 25 or so iron needed. They made it all so unbalanced with the prices, games can last for hours on end at this rate. I think it's probably good to say the eggwars is just done af for good speed runs. The neglect of staff towards how their community feels is at an all time high!
I can state for a fact that if they don't bring back the OG eggwars, it will die.

sansbyuwu

Mar 30, 2021
Everything you said is absolutely true man, I as a speed runner used to be able to get good sub minute games, even getting a top 10 any% duo run. Back then all the speed runners absolutely loved eggwars the way it was, but now ridiculous how impossible it is to speed run. It's about 50/51 iron to rush instead of the good 25 or so iron needed. They made it all so unbalanced with the prices, games can last for hours on end at this rate. I think it's probably good to say the eggwars is just done af for good speed runs. The neglect of staff towards how their community feels is at an all time high!
I can state for a fact that if they don't bring back the OG eggwars, it will die.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels hurt by the neglect Cubecraft has on their player base. I absolutely adored eggwars because not only was it fun to speedrun, it was even more intense. Now games feel like they've lost their spark, like it's slow and lazy. I loved the thrill of rushing eggs and strategy the game provided. What made overpowered mode so much fun was the ability to defy all odds. I can't count the amount of times I got a kick out of out smarting players who were better geared than me. My biggest tactic was knocking players into the void because it plays to my strength (speed bridging) but now, it's almost impossible to get enough knock back to knock someone into the void, especially without my favored punch bow.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Let's start with the biggest complaints I've seen—netherite gear and shop prices. (Specifically in Overpowered Mode) What does cubecraft have against speed runners? Originally in a game, you could rush a base in under 30 iron and a few pieces of gold. (This includes blocks, amror, and a pickaxe, 5 gold specifically). Now in the new Overpowered mode, it's 32 iron for a stack of blocks and 10 for a full set of gear. You nearly need a stack of iron in order to execute an efficient run and there's no tier system for dimond pickaxes. Also, why is obsidian 25 diamonds? Not only is it obsolete, by the time you get obsidian, someone who rushes the game wouldn't have to worry about the possibility of their being obsidian on the eggs in the first 2 minutes of the game. If anything, this makes it WORSE for people wanting to combat against speed runners because they can't protect their egg for 15 gold like the used to. Games go by too quickly now if there's someone who can rush fast enough to end the game before anyone can even get obsidian.
What cubecraft may have against speedrunners is simple: they kill people really fast in every game, that leads to a lot of players leaving the minigame, maybe even the whole server, eliminating potential for new paying customers who could buy ranks for example, instead making cubecraft rely on hoping the speedrunners to spend enough money to make up for it.

Because of that, I get why they might specifically try to reduce the ability to speedrun and end the game quickly.

I agree with 25 diamonds being too much for obsidian, though here I could imagine they did that to encourage using ancient debris first, then upgrading to obsidian as the game goes on. I could also imagine they did that to give players extra reasons to buy discounts over enchants in some cases.

Now to the netherite problem. I absolutely despise it. It's what angers me the most from this update. What was the reason to change the progression of armor? It was so balanced before—4 iron for leather, 40 gold for chain, 20 diamonds for iron, 2 stacks of diamonds for diamond gear. Not only is leather and chain removed, the fact that you can easily get 3 emeralds for the discount and buy a full set of diamond gear for 18 gold is INSANELY imbalanced. There's no strategy to the game anymore, you can just tank the game with enough discounts destroy the entire game. Also, the strongest sword you could get in Overpowered mode with diamonds was a sharpness V sword for 64 diamonds. Not only can you buy a netherite sword for less than half of that price, you can enchant it and kill an iron player in 5 good hits. This is why the protection V on all the armor sets were fundamental to what made the game fun.
I wouldn't call the old armor progression balanced. Leather was so cheap that the game shouldn't have wasted our time with having us buy it, instead just spawning us in with it.

Chainmail took very long to get, 40 gold was a lot in a game where someone could just run in and kill you with a bare fist until you got it, so long that it honestly felt more worth it to skip it and try to get diamonds to get iron (at least to me a lot of the time).

The Old iron price, out of all things, was perfectly fine. I get why it cost diamonds, especially with the existence of chainmail, even if chainmail was overpriced: there simply had to be a tier between leather and iron.

And diamond was probably the most overpriced thing in the entire history of the human race. 2 Stacks of diamonds? Noone could realistically ever afford that. I never even recall anyone having a full set of diamond armor in any game I played, except those where one guy decided to buy it instead of finishing the game coz he felt that would be funny, or when the last remaining players were simply so terrible at the game they couldn't find a way to eliminate each other, instead just grinding resources.

Now I am not saying the new system is balanced, or even good, 21 gold for full iron/diamond is way too cheap, and I still don't see why we shouldn't just spawn in with leather instead of having to buy it, even if they made leather more expensive. And a lack of a tier of armor between iron and leather really irritates me. But what I am saying is that its certainly closer to the definition of "balanced" than the old system, even if still far away from it. What would have made it balanced was a simple change: Make chainmail and diamond armor more affordable while leaving the others types of armor at more or less the same price (with diamond being cheaper I do think iron should also have received a few diamonds taken off its total price so that there is a reason to buy it instead of just waiting till u can afford diamond)

As for the removal of sharpness: I noticed with pvp in this update that players have a tendency to die much faster than before, regardless of armor worn or weapons used. I can imagine they did it so fights wouldn't look like one guy one-tapping everyone he comes across.

I do think the removal of sharpness makes the game less fun though, but only because we have prot 2 now with no sharpness to balance it, making endgame pvp fights with maxed gear look like 2 idiots slapping each other with singular blades of grass and regenerating with gapples the second they somehow actually take damage.

Overpowered mode was everything amazing about eggwars. You could rush, you could defend, you could tank fall damage, you actually stood a chance against a player who was better at pvp than you because you didn't die so quickly. My biggest gripe is Netherite gear notably negates knockback. Now Cubecraft, in a pvp style game, you would understand that knockback is what makes the pvp actually FUN.

Not sure how knockback makes pvp fun. Considering that, unless you are a pro, fighting against a better player feels exactly the same as fighting a cheater:

your opponent somehow is hitting you 20 times a second, you are constantly in the air from being hit, and hitting the player back, even with seemingly perfect aim, is impossible because your head is so far away from any pixel of his body that you can't realistically reach it. And for a mobile player or a console player, it feels like competing in a marathon with a rusty wheelchair: Not only is the player fighting you so good at the game it looks like he is cheating, but even if you were skilled, you could not do a whole lot about it, because the game is as good as rigged.

Reducing knockback in pvp actually makes it way easier to fight back for worse players, with less knockback fighting a better player doesn't feel like trying to hit someone who is hitting you from the opposite side of the map at a rate of 20 hits per milisecond. (Obviously overexaggerated here, I know you can't hit someone that fast, but I am trying to describe how it FEELS to the player getting destroyed, not what it actually is)

Idk what your idea of knockback and the way you can use it is, but in my experience, most of the time, its the better players taking almost none of it from 20 hits, and that while being able to hit someone in a way that to the "victim" looks like they are using the most blatant reach hack and autoclicker ever invented, just for everyone to say its a normal combo. And before you think that's just how I feel: the amount of times, not necessarily on cubecraft, but in minecraft pvp in general, when I've both actually felt like that as well as made other players feel like that is very high.

I get that worse players had the chance to use the knockback to just kill a good player in one or two hits, but if the good player has at least one functional braincell, then he'd never let something like that happen without wanting it to.

Here's my advice, instead of blindly throwing updates at us, how about you PUT BETA GAMES TO GOOD USE.
USE BETA GAMES TO GET FEEDBACK ON FUTURE UPDATES FOR YOUR SERVER. You could've made a separate eggwars game with all the new features and got feedback on it before you spend 10 months on something the MAJORITY of your player base hates. That goes for all the other game modes besides eggwars.

I agree they should use beta games more to test updates and big changes before hand. The fact we got mega blockwars there for months now is annoying to say the least. This mode is there for such a long time that it honestly feels like they are just doing it to be able to excuse any bugs/glitches players may come across there (which, similarly to all other minigames after the update, is a lot).

I do have one problem with your title and this final part of your post though: what is your base to think that the majority hates the update in eggwars? The majority OF THE FORUMS may hate it, most of DISCORD may hate it, but not necessarily the majority of the player base.

Have you ever paid attention to what kinds of players you mostly encounter on cubecraft? Its mostly children on mobile devices or consoles. Most of them ain't gonna be on the cubecraft discord server or have a forums account, I'd be suprised if more than a small percentage of them even knew those things existed.

And what game do you think they'd prefer? One where they get rushed before they can even get any gear and die instantly? Or one where they at least have a minimal chance of fighting back?

I get how speedrunners, grinders, sweats, pros and whatever other high skill players there are hate the update.

But generally speaking, the update is a mostly positive one for newer players and casuals. Sure, its still possible to die in the first few seconds of the game. and still happens sometimes, but it also has been happening far less since the update. It gives those players the chance to actually see eggwars, play it, and learn it without having to do hours of analyzing their gameplay or practicing outside of just playing the game normally.

Tl;dr: Going against speedrunners is good for business. The removal of sharpness is justified with what they were trying to go for, even if I don't like those changes. Armor progress was bad, and still is, but its better than before the update. I agree obsidian is almost obsolete now. Knockback, to most, makes pvp harder and less fun. And lastly: You are not talking for the majority here, only the most skilled 1% of the playerbase. Players who prefer games longer than 30 seconds may actually find the update pretty enjoyable.

Reactions: Legotornado

IPadSweat

May 15, 2023
Bro literally true, why do you just make the games longer, it just makes people wanna quit because they are like well if I have to spend 10 minutes a game for a average player why don’t I just go to hypixel or some other server. Like why? Cubecraft (Overpowered) has 64 blocks cost 32 iron. And hypixel which doesn’t even have an Overpowered has 16 iron per 64 blocks. Also it’s not like the new gamemode is (Less sweaty) it just takes longer. It also REWARDS player who attack and like that is cool and all BUT WHY IF YOU WANT NEW PEOPLE COMING ARE YOU GONNA REWARD THE SWEATY PLAYERS. They are just gonna think: Oh well, everybody a sweat in this gamemode, let’s see what pixel paradise is because it sounds NON SWEATY. I just don’t get it. I comfortably 31 Ironed rushed with full armor, 64 blocks, 5 carrots, and stone pickaxe and wooden sword. Now I 52 IRON Rush for the same thing EXECPT instead of being able to restore 7 1/2 shanks I can ONLY Restore 4. Also 6 iron rush turned into 15 Iron rush without a helmet AND Only do two damage instead of 3. ALSO Begginers are NOT Gonna EVER GET OFF THERE ISLAND because they are EXTRA SLOW. AND SOME SWEAT IS GONNA COME KILL THEM IN FULL NETHERITE. Please at least add back the old block system and armour

IPadSweat

May 15, 2023
What cubecraft may have against speedrunners is simple: they kill people really fast in every game, that leads to a lot of players leaving the minigame, maybe even the whole server, eliminating potential for new paying customers who could buy ranks for example, instead making cubecraft rely on hoping the speedrunners to spend enough money to make up for it.

Because of that, I get why they might specifically try to reduce the ability to speedrun and end the game quickly.

I agree with 25 diamonds being too much for obsidian, though here I could imagine they did that to encourage using ancient debris first, then upgrading to obsidian as the game goes on. I could also imagine they did that to give players extra reasons to buy discounts over enchants in some cases.

I wouldn't call the old armor progression balanced. Leather was so cheap that the game shouldn't have wasted our time with having us buy it, instead just spawning us in with it.

Chainmail took very long to get, 40 gold was a lot in a game where someone could just run in and kill you with a bare fist until you got it, so long that it honestly felt more worth it to skip it and try to get diamonds to get iron (at least to me a lot of the time).

The Old iron price, out of all things, was perfectly fine. I get why it cost diamonds, especially with the existence of chainmail, even if chainmail was overpriced: there simply had to be a tier between leather and iron.

And diamond was probably the most overpriced thing in the entire history of the human race. 2 Stacks of diamonds? Noone could realistically ever afford that. I never even recall anyone having a full set of diamond armor in any game I played, except those where one guy decided to buy it instead of finishing the game coz he felt that would be funny, or when the last remaining players were simply so terrible at the game they couldn't find a way to eliminate each other, instead just grinding resources.

Now I am not saying the new system is balanced, or even good, 21 gold for full iron/diamond is way too cheap, and I still don't see why we shouldn't just spawn in with leather instead of having to buy it, even if they made leather more expensive. And a lack of a tier of armor between iron and leather really irritates me. But what I am saying is that its certainly closer to the definition of "balanced" than the old system, even if still far away from it. What would have made it balanced was a simple change: Make chainmail and diamond armor more affordable while leaving the others types of armor at more or less the same price (with diamond being cheaper I do think iron should also have received a few diamonds taken off its total price so that there is a reason to buy it instead of just waiting till u can afford diamond)

As for the removal of sharpness: I noticed with pvp in this update that players have a tendency to die much faster than before, regardless of armor worn or weapons used. I can imagine they did it so fights wouldn't look like one guy one-tapping everyone he comes across.

I do think the removal of sharpness makes the game less fun though, but only because we have prot 2 now with no sharpness to balance it, making endgame pvp fights with maxed gear look like 2 idiots slapping each other with singular blades of grass and regenerating with gapples the second they somehow actually take damage.

Not sure how knockback makes pvp fun. Considering that, unless you are a pro, fighting against a better player feels exactly the same as fighting a cheater:

your opponent somehow is hitting you 20 times a second, you are constantly in the air from being hit, and hitting the player back, even with seemingly perfect aim, is impossible because your head is so far away from any pixel of his body that you can't realistically reach it. And for a mobile player or a console player, it feels like competing in a marathon with a rusty wheelchair: Not only is the player fighting you so good at the game it looks like he is cheating, but even if you were skilled, you could not do a whole lot about it, because the game is as good as rigged.

Reducing knockback in pvp actually makes it way easier to fight back for worse players, with less knockback fighting a better player doesn't feel like trying to hit someone who is hitting you from the opposite side of the map at a rate of 20 hits per milisecond. (Obviously overexaggerated here, I know you can't hit someone that fast, but I am trying to describe how it FEELS to the player getting destroyed, not what it actually is)

Idk what your idea of knockback and the way you can use it is, but in my experience, most of the time, its the better players taking almost none of it from 20 hits, and that while being able to hit someone in a way that to the "victim" looks like they are using the most blatant reach hack and autoclicker ever invented, just for everyone to say its a normal combo. And before you think that's just how I feel: the amount of times, not necessarily on cubecraft, but in minecraft pvp in general, when I've both actually felt like that as well as made other players feel like that is very high.

I get that worse players had the chance to use the knockback to just kill a good player in one or two hits, but if the good player has at least one functional braincell, then he'd never let something like that happen without wanting it to.

I agree they should use beta games more to test updates and big changes before hand. The fact we got mega blockwars there for months now is annoying to say the least. This mode is there for such a long time that it honestly feels like they are just doing it to be able to excuse any bugs/glitches players may come across there (which, similarly to all other minigames after the update, is a lot).

I do have one problem with your title and this final part of your post though: what is your base to think that the majority hates the update in eggwars? The majority OF THE FORUMS may hate it, most of DISCORD may hate it, but not necessarily the majority of the player base.

Have you ever paid attention to what kinds of players you mostly encounter on cubecraft? Its mostly children on mobile devices or consoles. Most of them ain't gonna be on the cubecraft discord server or have a forums account, I'd be suprised if more than a small percentage of them even knew those things existed.

And what game do you think they'd prefer? One where they get rushed before they can even get any gear and die instantly? Or one where they at least have a minimal chance of fighting back?

I get how speedrunners, grinders, sweats, pros and whatever other high skill players there are hate the update.

But generally speaking, the update is a mostly positive one for newer players and casuals. Sure, its still possible to die in the first few seconds of the game. and still happens sometimes, but it also has been happening far less since the update. It gives those players the chance to actually see eggwars, play it, and learn it without having to do hours of analyzing their gameplay or practicing outside of just playing the game normally.

Tl;dr: Going against speedrunners is good for business. The removal of sharpness is justified with what they were trying to go for, even if I don't like those changes. Armor progress was bad, and still is, but it’s better than before the update. I agree obsidian is almost obsolete now. Knockback, to most, makes pvp harder and less fun. And lastly: You are not talking for the majority here, only the most skilled 1% of the playerbase. Players who prefer games longer than 30 seconds may actually find the update pretty enjoyable.

Tl;dr: Going against speedrunners is good for business. The removal of sharpness is justified with what they were trying to go for, even if I don't like those changes. Armor progress was bad, and still is, but its better than before the update. I agree obsidian is almost obsolete now. Knockback, to most, makes pvp harder and less fun. And lastly: You are not talking for the majority here, only the most skilled 1% of the playerbase. Players who prefer games longer than 30 seconds may actually find the update pretty enjoyable.
No it is NOT MOSTLY CHILDS THAT ARE NEW. I mostly get sweats because of Cubecraft’s ranking system. They could match people by statistics as an option and make it deafult. That way every noob has to fight a noob

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
No it is NOT MOSTLY CHILDS THAT ARE NEW. I mostly get sweats because of Cubecraft’s ranking system. They could match people by statistics as an option and make it deafult. That way every noob has to fight a noob
Ranking system?

"No, the majority of players aren't casuals, noobs or children, because my matchmaking won't let me see them when I belong to the top 1%"

I am not even sure what you mean by "ranking system"? Last time I checked cubecraft doesn't have skill based matchmaking, for "ranking system" to be a valid reason to somehow never meet the average mobile phone or playstation/xbox kid there would have to be skill based matchmaking.

UNLESS you are referring to that weird setting that is supposed to make matchmaking harder that no casual or new player would ever even know about, nevermind actually using it. If that's the case, then what you said sounds like something along the lines of:

"They don't exist because I choose not to play with them".

Either way, you are only denying facts, either because of some skill based matchmaking I was never told about, or by choice. The majority of the server is made up of children, noobs and casuals who mostly play on phones or consoles, stop pretending otherwise.

Bro literally true, why do you just make the games longer, it just makes people wanna quit because they are like well if I have to spend 10 minutes a game for a average player why don’t I just go to hypixel or some other server. Like why? Cubecraft (Overpowered) has 64 blocks cost 32 iron. And hypixel which doesn’t even have an Overpowered has 16 iron per 64 blocks. Also it’s not like the new gamemode is (Less sweaty) it just takes longer. It also REWARDS player who attack and like that is cool and all BUT WHY IF YOU WANT NEW PEOPLE COMING ARE YOU GONNA REWARD THE SWEATY PLAYERS. They are just gonna think: Oh well, everybody a sweat in this gamemode, let’s see what pixel paradise is because it sounds NON SWEATY. I just don’t get it. I comfortably 31 Ironed rushed with full armor, 64 blocks, 5 carrots, and stone pickaxe and wooden sword. Now I 52 IRON Rush for the same thing EXECPT instead of being able to restore 7 1/2 shanks I can ONLY Restore 4. Also 6 iron rush turned into 15 Iron rush without a helmet AND Only do two damage instead of 3. ALSO Begginers are NOT Gonna EVER GET OFF THERE ISLAND because they are EXTRA SLOW. AND SOME SWEAT IS GONNA COME KILL THEM IN FULL NETHERITE. Please at least add back the old block system and armour

Uhm, the average player is not going to play hypixel bedwars, because (unless they are already good, and a very competitive player) hypixel bedwars is one of the most unfriendly environments towards newer players and casuals that exists in all of online gaming.

Full of pvp sweats and players trying way too hard for, what by design, is a simple minigame actually designed towards 30-45 minute games. And that while even just the basic ability to not die requires you to learn speed bridging, which to do properly these days 99% of the time requires practicing outside of literally just sitting down and playing normal bedwars games. Oh yeah, and games so short that, unless you dedicate 8 hours a day for a year straight purely for practicing bedwars, you are never even going to last 5 minutes.

And instead of overpowered mode, hypixel bedwars has limited time gamemodes, such as bedwars with guns.

The reason blocks on hypixel cost more is also because iron there generates at a different speed AND because the distances between islands are a lot higher, meaning that on average a player is going to need more blocks just to be able to bridge somewhere.

"Also it’s not like the new gamemode is (Less sweaty) it just takes longer."

The new gamemode definitely is less sweaty, though. With netherite armor in overpowered, knockback is reduced, meaning that you aren't at risk of being comboed into the stratosphere as much as before.

With ancient debris, cheaper iron armor, a prot 2 enchantment without a sharpness enchantment to "balance" for it, and longer times before someone can rush you, you can comfortably prepare to counter a sweat and actually fight them off. Longer games automatically mean less sweaty as sweats in games like that always prefer short games, they ain't gonna sit and farm resources for armor as they'd rather attack someone long before armor is even needed, which is the reason why they made strong armor more affordable.

Longer games also mean that the average casual or noob is going to live longer, resulting in the players actually having a chance to maybe get better at the game as time goes on.

You see: most players don't practice outside of just playing the game and don't really learn from observation or analysing their gameplay. They learn simply by playing the game long enough to just learn some things by themselves. The thing is: if the game is barely going to last and end quickly, noone will be learning sh*t. Thus, unless you want a situation where bad players, even with hundreds of hours of gameplay, always stay bad, you need to allow those players to survive longer.

Attacking is rewarded, but attacking isn't the only way to earn them. Upgrading resource collectors is also a way to do so, plus: you will eventually run out of players you can comfortably rush for emeralds without having to walk across the entire map, potentially risking an easy defeat.

As much as attacking may be rewarded/encouraged, so is slowly collecting resources and taking your time to upgrade collectors (and investing emeralds into discounts).

Pixel paradise doesn't even exist anymore, not to mention that some players, even more casual ones, still want to do pvp, of which I remember that pixel paradise had very little to offer. (Plus, pixel paradise was a north america based server, which to most europeans means a lot of lag).

Please at least add back the old block system and armour
Why would they? The new system, as much as I myself may hate the armor system and think its unbalanced, achieves what its designed for: allows players to get strong gear faster, thus allowing them to fight off or slow down sweats more effectively.

I am not entirely sure about the block system though. The islands aren't exactly miles away from each other, if you are good at bridging and don't waste unnecessary material building as if this was fortnite, you are going to be fine with just 32-42 concrete blocks instead of a full stack when you try to rush someone. And even if that's not the case: The whole point of this update seems to be to slow down the sweatier players so other have a better chance of actually doing anything before dying. The whole point is that you need to actually spend time, collecting resources, before you can go and attack anyone.

CreamBanger

May 7, 2023
I'm going to be as constructive as possible, but there's no sugar coating the abundance of poor decisions made to the EggWars game mode.

Now if you're attacking someone in full netherite gear, not only do they not move, they can charge at you and kill you.

TL;DR Respect your player base Cubecraft, test out features before you have your whole community hate you. You've turned deaf ears on your player base and they're mad, and rightfully so. My suggestion is to add the original eggwars as a separate game or admit you made a mistake and change it back. The update is the epitome of bad game design and needs to be rectified. Thank you.
Bro you said this perfectly. What IS up with the fall damage? The amount of time it takes to heal back up? Also.. why did they take axes away in skywars? It was OP

Reactions: Legotornado

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Just to add to all the things I said about you not representing the majority in the reply earlier:

Eggwars seems to be more popular than ever rn, as I am writing this, there are about 4000 players playing eggwars.

Which doesn't sound like much... if not for the fact that as I am writing this there are around 9000 players online on the entire server, meaning that almost half the server is on eggwars at the same time, which is something I don't recall ever happening in the past.

Regardless of our opinions about the update, the majority seems to be liking it, otherwise eggwars wouldn't have half the server playing it at the same time. For context: normally, its usually far less playing eggwars. just shortly after the update had released during a time the server had around 12 k active players, only 1500 of them were playing eggwars. And I never recall more than 25-30 % of the whole server being on eggwars at the same time.

The only times I see eggwars having 4-5 k players (or higher), is during peak hours when the total numbers of players active is closer to 20 k).

KalGaming

Jul 19, 2023
To [Cubecraft Team] [Bedrock Eggwars & Java too]

Hi. I just want to make everything clear here, the new eggwars update isn't good at all (This is my opinion)
And I wrote this to clarify how to make it better, that you definitely will gain the players that left the server for good..
Not going to talk about the features or anything that I disliked in the new update. All what I want Cubecraft team from you is to separate the seasons.. Just make season 1 separated from the season 2!
Just how the season 2 (Beta) was.. Whoever wants to play on the new season, Ok no problem go ahead, but what about those who doesn't like this new season? That's why I said get season 1 back. Separate them. Make something in the main lobby that teleport you to season 1 or season 2.. and that stands for the upcoming seasons too.. believe me Cubecraft if you do this I bet all those who left will get back, including me. I started to rarely play on the server just because of this new eggwars update. So please Cubecraft, do what I've suggested.
Thanks.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
I don't play EggWars, but when I tried to play one game after this update, I was like "Who would want to play this?" :D
A lot of people, actually, have you noticed how many players eggwars has been having recently?

Kaureese

Aug 19, 2023
United States
Pronouns
He/Him

TL;DR Respect your player base Cubecraft, test out features before you have your whole community hate you. You've turned deaf ears on your player base and they're mad, and rightfully so. My suggestion is to add the original eggwars as a separate game or admit you made a mistake and change it back. The update is the epitome of bad game design and needs to be rectified. Thank y
Ok so cubecraft is really only trying to make it fair for everyone. Like you mentioned, it was very easy to speedrun through a match. But there are a lot first time players, if the players just die right away theh wont want to play anymore. Cubecraft’s player count is getting lower and Cubecraft needed to make it fair for pro and new players in a match. The skill and strategies dont really come in till like, 5 minutes in the game which gives new players somewhat a grace period. But this update is really just to help Cubecraft bring and make players stay. It may not work on a lot of people but its the for the sake of the server.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday!
Frontlane wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Gefeliciteerd!!!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Pro helper!:D
Conea64 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
I know I'm early but congratulations on being a colourful little fella
Xi1m wrote on camulos's profile.
happy broathdy
Top Bottom