Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I may have misread the "knocking spawnkillers off" thing, though looking at your original comment you say that you "can't box yourself in to break obby", no you talk about being boxed in. So which is it? you can't box yourself in to break obsidian? Or you get killed because of being boxed in?

I never said "serverwide lag" doesn't make it bad, I was trying to get you to stop attributing it to eggwars specifically, because you make it sound like its a problem that makes eggwars specifically unplayable, and not literally the whole server.

As for the glitch: first of all, in my experience with cubecraft, there were a ton of bugs and glitches that the staff either seemed to ignore or just downright refused to fix. Though usually mostly very minor ones, the biggest one I can recall before this update (which luckilly is the one that fixed it) is a bug which made it impossible to join any minigames other than skyblock due to an error with "session ID".

And after this recent update the amount of those bugs has gone up significantly. Here is an example: There is a bug in ctf, which makes it impossible to take and capture one of the teams flags, leading to one team being unable to win.

And what did cubecraft do with the two reports I made on this bug? Btw, before you answer, the report had: several 1-2 minute long videos protraying what exactly is wrong, in those videos there were other players stating what the problem is in chat, and I made sure to describe it as well as I could whenever asked to describe the bug.

So, wanna know what happened?
They rejcted them

They rejected two reports on a gamebreaking bug, that ruins the game for (literally) hundreds of players each day, in a gamemode that supports lobbies with up to a hundred players.

Now they did say that I should go on discord, join it, and make a ticket in there the next time it happens. But that is a lot of effort to ask of someone reporting a gamebreaking bug, and something that should be their job. I shouldn't be required to 1. have discord 2. join their discord 3. play the game until I have that bug happen again (breaking news: blockwars ctf is not the only game I play) 4. remember to go on discord, to make a ticket, and even tag a specific person in that ticket. Oh, and 5. remember to do it within 2 hours of the bug happening.

And the reason they want me to do all that? They need the server logs, and apprently in a gamemode that only usually has around 8-10 lobbies at a time, they just can not be bothered to do it themselves.

Because apparently we, as players, have nothing better to do than take over the important parts of the bug fixing process, as if I had nothing else to do.

If you think the pickaxe thing in eggwars is bad and something that the server staff would never refuse to fix if it was a bug (and I 100% do think its a bug until I will be told otherwise by cubecraft staff), then I recommend you avoid playing any non-eggwars gamemode like your life depends on it.

Because trust me when I tell you: eggwars got it very easy after the update and has the fewest bugs of all gamemodes. The only major bug I noticed is that, on some ocassions, after you die and respawn, the game thinks you are afk and makes you completely invincible until it kicks you for being afk (it also makes it impossible to break or collect anything, or use the item store), and even that bug I only experienced ONCE. Not only that, but most of the balance and item changes in eggwars were, at their worst, not a negative change, and at their best something that should have been done years ago.

"Also how on earth do you think that cubecraft staff are dumb enough..." because, unlike you it seems, I have some experience with the server and the server staff. Also: I don't think they are dumb enough, I know they are dumb enough to let a major bug like that slip. There is no reason to keep denying an obvious fact and make it seem like some kind of thing I randomly came up with. They literally keep rejecting a bug report on a gamebreaking bug for over a week now, because they expect me as the player to put the work in to get it fixed.
I think the most likely issue is that you haven’t explained how the glitch worked or a way to consistently reproduce it. Glitches like these that aren’t reproducible do need /whereami output and should be handled on discord. (I believe is says this somewhere in the bug reporting guide. I understand why you may find it inconvenient for bug reports to be separated into different locations, which I do understand, but from my own personal experience, the QA members are not lazy when they report bugs. Since the 1.19 update I have reported 16 bugs. All but two of them have been either immediately fixed, logged, or put into review. The ones that were rejected were done rightfully.

Reactions: CrystalLegend01

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
just impresive that you write like 500 words for every reply. but also because you won't answer my question about how many days or hours of eggwars you have played
Tell me why you need to know so badly and then I will tell you. I will say, for now, that in eggwars its not that much.

Last edited:

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
speedrunners and grinders are almost the same thing. They are similarly affected by the update and I care equally little about them, and they are equally small in numbers. Sorry, but don't try to make me feel as if this update ruined eggwars for everyone, the only groups the updates ruined eggwars it for are the people who ruin everyone elses game for the sake of either grinding some number, or playing each individual round as little as possible. And also, for the most part, simply players who are part of what I describe as "a minority with big mouths".

IDC what he is doing rn, and that he had a world record, if an update not specifically catered to him and his playstyle is what gets him and others like him to avoid playing eggwars, then that's a good thing.

I can also imagine his speedrunning causing a lot of casuals he killed in the way to quit cubecraft, either due to rage or feeling like they will need to spend the next 2 decades playing the game 8 hrs a day just to be able to survive longer than 20 seconds of each game, or quit because they may have believed he is cheating and keeps getting away with it, leading to them believing the server is full of cheaters.

In fact, controversial opinion right here: him, and others like him quitting eggwars, or maybe even cubecraft altogether, is a good business decision from cubecrafts side of things, because now the majority of players will be able to enjoy the game without dying in 10 seconds which makes them more likely to stick around and maybe even spend money. Sure, cubecraft may have lost its top 1% of players with this update, but the other 99% are more than going to make up for it long-term.

Cubecraft is basically doing what fortnite should have done years ago, and that is: keeping the top 1% of players as far away as humanly possible from the other 99%. Even if cubecraft may have done it to quite a bit of an extreme, as I am aware that some players quit the server altogether, which isn't exactly the best way to do it, but its not like cubecraft has the capabilities to support skill based matchmaking or something like that.

And btw, him leaving because speedrunning is harder now sounds like a "skill-issue" sort of complaint. I mean: seriously?
He, one of the servers top speedrunners is going to quit because some randoms who hardly have an idea of how to bridge without falling into the void are now too much of a challenge for him?

And I thought "skill issue" is something you use as a joke and say it to noobs complaning about a guy comboing them and claiming he is cheating, not something I will ever use in the context of someone who at one point held a world record, but I guess we reached a point where its the best of the best quitting because of "skill issues".

If you enjoy farming things without a challenge then go into a single-player world and build an xp-farm, because if you go into an online game and expect it to be an easy kill farm, then you shouldn't be playing online games.

Also, you bringing up speedrunners (memebers of the metaphorical " top 1%") when I say the update (in eggwars) is only considered bad by the "top 1%" only proves my point.
I'm sorry to tell you but not all of the top speed runners have left. We simply adapted and with the new changes its actually not all that slower anymore.....so all good

Reactions: adrian525pl

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
Tell me why you need to know so badly and then I will tell you. I will say, for now, that in eggwars its not that much.
because I asked you how much expierience you had and to answer that you were telling us how much expierience you had in Eggwars because you started early. Not in specific days or hours.

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
so... your problem is the fact that players can actually defend themselves now instead of being quick, easy kills, meaning you have to play the game for longer than 20 seconds and actually get stuff in order to be able to win?

"Omg, I don't like the game coz it actually makes me play it and actually makes other players have a chance to win and it forces me to actually buy stuff other than blocks."

That's how you sound

Look, I don't like the 1.20 update on cubecraft either, but out of all minigames on this server, eggwars might be the only one that was actually very positively affected by it.

And anyone denying it is someone like you, who doesn't actually want to play the game and prefers to just grind some numbers noone ever will see without you forcing them to look at it. Either that, or like that "i hate hackers 1234" guy, whose biggest complaint (besides the SERVERWIDE BUGS) is the fact that the shop layout changes, as if that wasn't something that would happen every time they add/remove a new item.

I mean: what did the update destroy for anyone than the selected few who prefer to grind numbers instead of actually playing the game?

Literally nothing, it only improved the game.

The fact iron is cheap now punishes players who refuse to buy even basic equipment more than before.

The removal of chainmail literally just translates to the removal of something completely useless anyway.

The Addition of tridents and crossbows only adds more diversity to the game and allows for more strategies/playstyles.

The addition of ancient debris as a cheaper (and weaker) alternative to obsidian makes defending your egg a lot easier and forces the attacking players to actually use more than just a stone pickaxe all game.

And the changes to enchantments and emeralds literally just adds a less confusing and time-consuming system compared to what was previously there, and the rewards for eliminating players, destroying eggs and fixing/upgrading resource spawners makes it so there is an incentive to collect all resources all throughout the game (and use them), move around the map upgrading stuff and adds an incentive to actually fight players in the form of a reward while we are at it.
In the bad players perspective yes, but I do wonder what the staff were thinking. as grinders usually tended to make them more money lol (no I'm not a rank-paying-grinder)

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
In the bad players perspective yes, but I do wonder what the staff were thinking. as grinders usually tended to make them more money lol (no I'm not a rank-paying-grinder)
I think it depends with the grinders though. While each individual grinder may be more likely to spend money than each individual "bad player", the amount of "bad players" is so high that the amount of money that can be made from bad players easily outweighs that which can be made from grinders.

Oh yeah, and most of those "bad players" are simply children, and if there is one thing I know about children is that they love spending money for useless ingame purchases.

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
I think it depends with the grinders though. While each individual grinder may be more likely to spend money than each individual "bad player", the amount of "bad players" is so high that the amount of money that can be made from bad players easily outweighs that which can be made from grinders.

Oh yeah, and most of those "bad players" are simply children, and if there is one thing I know about children is that they love spending money for useless ingame purchases.
All true

IPadSweat

May 15, 2023
I am a mobile player and didn't really like the grinding community but I'd rather get farmed by them then play this rip off of Eggwars
So relatable. When I finally got good enough that I could get sub 3 minute games without a party on mobile a month later the update came out

Clovate

Aug 11, 2022
www.youtube.com
hey cubecrafters

here is why the update is distroying the eggwars grind comunity

so all players caming in the base to get better gear and that makes the round longer and bringand all is too cheap dia armor for 21gold is to cheap and then nehterite armor for 51 dias is realy cheap.and the change from iron to dia armor is too big for a example wehn you play eggwars mega then the most times you will die befor you killed all players from the team bc many guys buying so fast dia armor bc its really cheap thats the probleme with the cheaps armor. and then in solos you cant get fast to the enemys bc you most buy armor picke and blocks and that need time when you go withaut armor you will die bc the other play hase armor than thats meaning the round get longer and longer so its distroying the grindcomunity

I hope cube is changing many thing from this update

have a good day guys
i had a seizure reading this

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
Top Bottom