Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on EggWars, try to stay on topic!

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
hey cubecrafters

here is why the update is distroying the eggwars grind comunity

so all players caming in the base to get better gear and that makes the round longer and bringand all is too cheap dia armor for 21gold is to cheap and then nehterite armor for 51 dias is realy cheap.and the change from iron to dia armor is too big for a example wehn you play eggwars mega then the most times you will die befor you killed all players from the team bc many guys buying so fast dia armor bc its really cheap thats the probleme with the cheaps armor. and then in solos you cant get fast to the enemys bc you most buy armor picke and blocks and that need time when you go withaut armor you will die bc the other play hase armor than thats meaning the round get longer and longer so its distroying the grindcomunity

I hope cube is changing many thing from this update

have a good day guys

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
hey cubecrafters

so all players caming in the base to get better gear and that makes the round longer and bringand all is too cheap dia armor for 21gold is to cheap and then nehterite armor for 51 dias is realy cheap.and the change from iron to dia armor is too big for a example wehn you play eggwars mega then the most times you will die befor you killed all players from the team bc many guys buying so fast dia armor bc its really cheap thats the probleme with the cheaps armor. and then in solos you cant get fast to the enemys bc you most buy armor picke and blocks and that need time when you go withaut armor you will die bc the other play hase armor than thats meaning the round get longer and longer so its distroying the grindcomunity

have a good day guys
I am a mobile player and didn't really like the grinding community but I'd rather get farmed by them then play this rip off of Eggwars

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
hey cubecrafters

have a good day guys
so... your problem is the fact that players can actually defend themselves now instead of being quick, easy kills, meaning you have to play the game for longer than 20 seconds and actually get stuff in order to be able to win?

"Omg, I don't like the game coz it actually makes me play it and actually makes other players have a chance to win and it forces me to actually buy stuff other than blocks."

That's how you sound

Look, I don't like the 1.20 update on cubecraft either, but out of all minigames on this server, eggwars might be the only one that was actually very positively affected by it.

And anyone denying it is someone like you, who doesn't actually want to play the game and prefers to just grind some numbers noone ever will see without you forcing them to look at it. Either that, or like that "i hate hackers 1234" guy, whose biggest complaint (besides the SERVERWIDE BUGS) is the fact that the shop layout changes, as if that wasn't something that would happen every time they add/remove a new item.

I mean: what did the update destroy for anyone than the selected few who prefer to grind numbers instead of actually playing the game?

Literally nothing, it only improved the game.

The fact iron is cheap now punishes players who refuse to buy even basic equipment more than before.

The removal of chainmail literally just translates to the removal of something completely useless anyway.

The Addition of tridents and crossbows only adds more diversity to the game and allows for more strategies/playstyles.

The addition of ancient debris as a cheaper (and weaker) alternative to obsidian makes defending your egg a lot easier and forces the attacking players to actually use more than just a stone pickaxe all game.

And the changes to enchantments and emeralds literally just adds a less confusing and time-consuming system compared to what was previously there, and the rewards for eliminating players, destroying eggs and fixing/upgrading resource spawners makes it so there is an incentive to collect all resources all throughout the game (and use them), move around the map upgrading stuff and adds an incentive to actually fight players in the form of a reward while we are at it.

Last edited:

multigamer81

Novice Member
Jan 9, 2019
so... your problem is the fact that players can actually defend themselves now instead of being quick, easy kills, meaning you have to play the game for longer than 20 seconds and actually get stuff in order to be able to win?

"Omg, I don't like the game coz it actually makes me play it and actually makes other players have a chance to win and it forces me to actually buy stuff other than blocks."

That's how you sound

Look, I don't like the 1.20 update on cubecraft either, but out of all minigames on this server, eggwars might be the only one that was actually very positively affected by it.

And anyone denying it is someone like you, who doesn't actually want to play the game and prefers to just grind some numbers noone ever will see without you forcing them to look at it. Either that, or like that "i hate hackers 1234" guy, whose biggest complaint (besides the SERVERWIDE BUGS) is the fact that the shop layout changes, as if that wasn't something that would happen every time they add/remove a new item.

I mean: what did the update destroy for anyone than the selected few who prefer to grind numbers instead of actually playing the game?

The fact iron is cheap now punishes players who refuse to buy even basic equipment more than before.

The removal of chainmail literally just translates to the removal of something completely useless anyway.

The Addition of tridents and crossbows only adds more diversity to the game and allows for more strategies/playstyles.

The addition of ancient debris as a cheaper (and weaker) alternative to obsidian makes defending your egg a lot easier and forces the attacking players to actually use more than just a stone pickaxe all game.

And the changes to enchantments and emeralds literally just adds a less confusing and time-consuming system compared to what was previously there, and the rewards for eliminating players, destroying eggs and fixing/upgrading resource spawners makes it so there is an incentive to collect all resources all throughout the game (and use them), more around the map upgrading stuff and adds an incentive to actually fight players in the form of a reward while we are at it.
I can completely agree with you. Only facts are said here!!!!!

Roxrock

Mar 6, 2023
Andromeda
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

That's how you sound

And the changes to enchantments and emeralds literally just adds a less confusing and time-consuming system compared to what was previously there, and the rewards for eliminating players, destroying eggs and fixing/upgrading resource spawners makes it so there is an incentive to collect all resources all throughout the game (and use them), move around the map upgrading stuff and adds an incentive to actually fight players in the form of a reward while we are at it.
I think the main reason a lot of people are not liking the update is because players became really attached to the old eggwars and other games they “know and love” and now these games are changed forever. Change of any kind is likely to cause negative feedback in my opinion. I wrote a very detailed thread about my opinions Here in case you are interested. Keep in mind the player counts are not nearly as bad as they once were.

Reactions: multigamer81

EdibleNummies

Jul 21, 2023
The eggwars grinding community WAS one of the biggest community’s on cubecraft until this update came along and ruined the game that made this server popular

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
The eggwars grinding community WAS one of the biggest community’s on cubecraft until this update came along and ruined the game that made this server popular
Cubecraft changed many Things from the Update and now ITS better to Play and IT makes me funny and there still many grinders.so keep Up the great Work.cya

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
Cubecraft changed many Things from the Update and now ITS better to Play and IT makes me funny and there still many grinders.so keep Up the great Work.cya
I think the main reason a lot of people are not liking the update is because players became really attached to the old eggwars and other games they “know and love” and now these games are changed forever. Change of any kind is likely to cause negative feedback in my opinion. I wrote a very detailed thread about my opinions Here in case you are interested. Keep in mind the player counts are not nearly as bad as they once were.
I can completely agree with you. Only facts are said here!!!!!

That's how you sound

I haven't completed my list yet but "shop layouts isn't my biggest complaint. Here is my list so far.

if players have pickaxes when they respawn it is very hard to break an egg with stuff like obby because you can't block in.

The sale thing is not a bad idea but since its like 10% sometimes its cheaper to buy the same item in quantaties whilst others its cheaper to buy sepretly. for example (i dont remember the exact prices) if you have a sale and its like 1 iron to buy 3 concrete and 25 iron to buy 64 concrete buying the concrete sepretly would be more efficient. if you buy stuff like obby its more important and spaming one at a time would take up valuable time. especially for laggy players.

There is nothing inbetween of concrete and ancient debris. there used to be stuff like glass and hay between terecotta and obby however all those stuff are gone so now its too cheap (easy to break) and too expensive (hard to break).

Why is Ancient debris added? We have obby which is basically the same so what is the point? So ancient debris just inherits a slightly changed price og obby and thats it. why does it even exist?

too much of a price jump between iron and diamond armour. Even in OP it used to be 5 diamonds to 32 diamond now its literally gold to diamonds

Baked potatoes can only be purchase in quantity which basically just goes outside of the point of baked potatoes which back in the day used to be carrots which were very cheap not efficient food that were bought in small doses for stuff like suicide missions. does anyone buy it anymore?

And in OP, if a player needs 10 iron to get full iron which is like in 5 sec which just in it itself is just bad, when a player respawns they don't have that time. How are they going to fight a player on their island. Its just too easy for the attacking player.

and in that same point isn't it just more easier for players to spawnkill? I suppose back in the day, the thing that prevented this was mostly because it was expensive to get stuff like iron armour to do it but with 10 iron and a couple of ancient debris, there is going to be an increase of spawnkillers.

also again in that same point, if you can buy iron armour so easily, the swords didn't really get that much of a upgrade. sure they got cheaper but no sharpness. for example it used to be leather prot 4 vs sharp 2 wooden sword now its iron prot 1 vs wooden sword.

Stuff like terecotta and carrots didn't need changing, in fact they didn't really change at all. but why did you have to change them to concrete and baked potatoes. litteraly no point.

also I remeber a time where I complained tnt was too expensive in normal mode and complained in the suggestions thread that they should make it cheaper. Well stuff like that got ignored and made litterally the opposite. The change parts of this update doesn't come from the community it comes from the staff and occasionaly the famous youtuber. (which I have to mention are all cubecraft partners so they can't complain)

Also again, just the lag is sometimes unplayable

Just wanted to remind you that this is a list I made after just like 5 games so this isn't the full list I'l make a full one in like one month time.

lichtim

Novice Member
May 21, 2023
North germany
I haven't completed my list yet but "shop layouts isn't my biggest complaint. Here is my list so far.

if players have pickaxes when they respawn it is very hard to break an egg with stuff like obby because you can't block in.

The sale thing is not a bad idea but since its like 10% sometimes its cheaper to buy the same item in quantaties whilst others its cheaper to buy sepretly. for example (i dont remember the exact prices) if you have a sale and its like 1 iron to buy 3 concrete and 25 iron to buy 64 concrete buying the concrete sepretly would be more efficient. if you buy stuff like obby its more important and spaming one at a time would take up valuable time. especially for laggy players.

There is nothing inbetween of concrete and ancient debris. there used to be stuff like glass and hay between terecotta and obby however all those stuff are gone so now its too cheap (easy to break) and too expensive (hard to break).

Why is Ancient debris added? We have obby which is basically the same so what is the point? So ancient debris just inherits a slightly changed price og obby and thats it. why does it even exist?

too much of a price jump between iron and diamond armour. Even in OP it used to be 5 diamonds to 32 diamond now its literally gold to diamonds

Baked potatoes can only be purchase in quantity which basically just goes outside of the point of baked potatoes which back in the day used to be carrots which were very cheap not efficient food that were bought in small doses for stuff like suicide missions. does anyone buy it anymore?

And in OP, if a player needs 10 iron to get full iron which is like in 5 sec which just in it itself is just bad, when a player respawns they don't have that time. How are they going to fight a player on their island. Its just too easy for the attacking player.

and in that same point isn't it just more easier for players to spawnkill? I suppose back in the day, the thing that prevented this was mostly because it was expensive to get stuff like iron armour to do it but with 10 iron and a couple of ancient debris, there is going to be an increase of spawnkillers.

also again in that same point, if you can buy iron armour so easily, the swords didn't really get that much of a upgrade. sure they got cheaper but no sharpness. for example it used to be leather prot 4 vs sharp 2 wooden sword now its iron prot 1 vs wooden sword.

Stuff like terecotta and carrots didn't need changing, in fact they didn't really change at all. but why did you have to change them to concrete and baked potatoes. litteraly no point.

also I remeber a time where I complained tnt was too expensive in normal mode and complained in the suggestions thread that they should make it cheaper. Well stuff like that got ignored and made litterally the opposite. The change parts of this update doesn't come from the community it comes from the staff and occasionaly the famous youtuber. (which I have to mention are all cubecraft partners so they can't complain)

Just wanted to remind you that this is a list I made after just like 5 games so this isn't the full list I'l make a full one in like one month time.
Yes i agree with all Points but i think the Update ist fine now bc they changed so many Shop Stuff and IT makes me funny now ing and the Other gamemods makes me funny too.keep U the great Work you did this really well

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
biggest? yes, because a community that usually has only has one player appear every 1-3 games definitely is the biggest one.
If its the biggest one, then only because its somehow the only real community existing, coz every non-grinding player combined heavily outnumbers all the combined members of the grinding community.

And I doubt the grinding community is or was the biggest one even before the update. How'd a community consisting mostly of the games "top" players, and I don't mean the top 20-30%, because then I'd be a part of it (seriously, if you think its the top 20-30% or something, then you are overestimating how high the average is, the worst of those 30% would be mobile players who can barely comprehend the concept of using a bow and arrow in pvp), I mean the top 1%, maybe even LESS

Lets even do some math. So, the daily peak for cubecraft in terms of player numbers is around 18-19 k players (unless there is some night-time activity on cubecraft I have not found about yet, coz the player count mentioned is usually there around 5-8 pm, or between 17:00 and 20:00 if you are european.

The share of those players playing eggwars is usually below a third, usually below even 30% of the total player number, but because I am generous and for maths sake, lets just settle for 1/3rd, so 33%

so, out of 18 k players, in this scenario, 6 k are gonna be playing eggwars.

Now, based on the player numbers of eggwars mega during just about most times when there are players on the server, around 10% of those 6k are gonna be playing mega mode, so not exactly the gamemode intended for grinding (unless you are a masochist), so now we are at 5400 potential "grinders" left.

I also doubt anyone does any grinding in duels mode, not like it has a whole lot of players anyway, but those ~3.5% do make up for about 210 of those 6000 players.

So that leaves us with 5190 potential grinders, all spread across solo, duo and squad mode.

I said that I, on average, used to meet one "grinder" every 1-3 games (as grinder I understand someone visibly trying to win the game as fast as possible, not even necessarily someone good). Obviously there were situations where there was more than that, or when there was less than that, but the general average is around one every 1-3 games, lets just continue doing the math with 1 grinder every 2 games.

Like idk what to tell you here, even with the grinders, 95% of the community are gonna be generic casual players just trying to have some fun. And most of those are not gonna be trying to win the game as fast as possible, or even be that good at the game for that matter.

Anyway:
So that's about one grinder for every 32 players. Now obviously you can land in a lobby with a player from your previous one, but you can also land with one grinder for several games. So lets just do 1 in 32 for simplicities sake.

So, that's about 3.125% of the part of the community that is going to be grinding, and out of those 5190 players, that's gonna be a total of 162.19 players, rounded up, 162 players on an average day during peak activity.

Those 162.19 players across the total 6000 eggwars players, though, only make up 2.7% of the total.

Now listen, idk what your math is, but my math tells me you are, at best, a significant minority with big mouths, and not a "big community".

And before you say: "but the x discord we have has y members" or "but I know x and y amount of players that belong in the community", remember that both, "normal" players, and grinders, aren't always gonna be online every day. If we accounted for how many "normal" players are gonna be coming online, and that includes players completely new to the server, joining for the first time, just as it includes players who have been here for years and simply aren't grinders, then the grinders would make up such a small percentage (we are talking way less than 1%) that calculating it would be way too much effort to put in, considering that the "biggest community" can't be one that makes up a small percentage of the entire server.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023

Not sure if the players respawning with pickaxes is intentional, considering we lose all the other items except emeralds. I think it may just be a weird bug, if not, then someone from cubecraft should explain why we keep pickaxes and nothing else.

The things between concrete and obsidian were mostly useless, glass was super easy to break, hay bales also weren't that much of an inconvenience, removing useless things is always a good thing.

The sale thing isn't honestly that bad and sounds more like a bug with how prices are calculated than a design flaw. Besides: if you are at a point where you can afford to buy concrete in stacks, you mostly don't care about the costs anyway.

Ancient debris is actually weaker than obsidian and takes less time to mine. And the reason its added, and why its the only thing between concrete and obsidian is to force players to upgrade their pickaxes much earlier than they normally would do that. Not only that, but to force them to upgrade to higher levels. No more running around with stone or iron pickaxes all game.

I can admit baked potatoes might be useless, but food in general isn't much of a problem in eggwars. Its not like one food being useless will kill the game.

I honestly don't see the problem with the jump between iron and diamond. Diamond is meant to be that ultimate, endgame armor that almost guarantees victory to the first one who buys it, with the best way to counter it, besides getting it yourself, being not letting anyone else have it in the first place.

As for op mode: the whole of OP mode is that its supposed to be an insane gamemode where strong items are available almost after the games start.

The whole point of why swords didn't get an upgrade is so that you don't die instantly. Have you seen pvp in the new update? Its clear they are going for having people able to kill each other quickly. They simply didn't want that to be the case in eggwars, so they decided to upgrade armor without upgrading the weapons. The whole point of doing that is so that fights last longer and that you can more easily fight back.

While spawnkills may increase, so does the players ability to fight back, with each respawn you have the chance to try and knock the player spawnkilling you into the void, or a chance to escape the island sometimes. The way it way before, you'd just get eliminated fast, removing any chance to fight back.

Actually, baked potatoes do fill up the hunger bar more than carrots, and with concrete its easier to tell the color than it used to with teracotta (just look at the ingame colors teracotta blocks have, its weird af)

I don't see the problem with tnt, its just not supposed to be something you run around with in large quantities, I don't see how not wanting to blow each other up for the whole game is a bad thing. Its supposed to be a pvp game after all, not a simulator of the war in ukraine. Use swords and bows, not the red kaboom-block.

Also, again, THE LAG IS SERVERWIDE, NOT JUST EGGWARS.

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
Not sure if the players respawning with pickaxes is intentional, considering we lose all the other items except emeralds. I think it may just be a weird bug, if not, then someone from cubecraft should explain why we keep pickaxes and nothing else.

The things between concrete and obsidian were mostly useless, glass was super easy to break, hay bales also weren't that much of an inconvenience, removing useless things is always a good thing.

The sale thing isn't honestly that bad and sounds more like a bug with how prices are calculated than a design flaw. Besides: if you are at a point where you can afford to buy concrete in stacks, you mostly don't care about the costs anyway.

Ancient debris is actually weaker than obsidian and takes less time to mine. And the reason its added, and why its the only thing between concrete and obsidian is to force players to upgrade their pickaxes much earlier than they normally would do that. Not only that, but to force them to upgrade to higher levels. No more running around with stone or iron pickaxes all game.

I can admit baked potatoes might be useless, but food in general isn't much of a problem in eggwars. Its not like one food being useless will kill the game.

I honestly don't see the problem with the jump between iron and diamond. Diamond is meant to be that ultimate, endgame armor that almost guarantees victory to the first one who buys it, with the best way to counter it, besides getting it yourself, being not letting anyone else have it in the first place.

As for op mode: the whole of OP mode is that its supposed to be an insane gamemode where strong items are available almost after the games start.

The whole point of why swords didn't get an upgrade is so that you don't die instantly. Have you seen pvp in the new update? Its clear they are going for having people able to kill each other quickly. They simply didn't want that to be the case in eggwars, so they decided to upgrade armor without upgrading the weapons. The whole point of doing that is so that fights last longer and that you can more easily fight back.

While spawnkills may increase, so does the players ability to fight back, with each respawn you have the chance to try and knock the player spawnkilling you into the void, or a chance to escape the island sometimes. The way it way before, you'd just get eliminated fast, removing any chance to fight back.

Actually, baked potatoes do fill up the hunger bar more than carrots, and with concrete its easier to tell the color than it used to with teracotta (just look at the ingame colors teracotta blocks have, its weird af)

I don't see the problem with tnt, its just not supposed to be something you run around with in large quantities, I don't see how not wanting to blow each other up for the whole game is a bad thing. Its supposed to be a pvp game after all, not a simulator of the war in ukraine. Use swords and bows, not the red kaboom-block.

Also, again, THE LAG IS SERVERWIDE, NOT JUST EGGWARS.
bruh how many days of Eggwars have you played? because you seem to not have that much experience

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
bruh how many days of Eggwars have you played? because you seem to not have that much experience
Back when I started playing cubecraft, mineplex used to peak at 12k+ players and was more popular then lifeboat.
Nowadays mineplex doesn't even exist.

Wdym "not that much experience"? I've been on this server for longer than the time that passed since you finished elementary school according to the age on your profile. Admittedly, with varying degrees of activity, and not purely in eggwars, but I sure as sh*t don't lack experience.

I may lack "experience" on the forums, hence why I admit that I didn't know that people were complaining about high tnt prices for example, but the original reason I made this account was to report some clowns who were teaming in a game of lucky blocks. I've only started actively using this account around 2 weeks ago.

Besides, even if I was lacking experience, it does not disqualify me from talking and giving opinions about the update. Especially in a game like eggwars, its not a complicated game and the update is clearly catered towards more casual players, most of whom do not have that much experience.

Its not like cs:go or valorant where you need to have a masters degree in maths and an average gametime of 8 hrs a day to even comprehend the most basic idea of the games balance.

Its a minigame based on the premise of having objects you need to defend, placed on floating islands in the sky, with the primary weapon you are using being a 2d swords you use to clap square shaped people off those floating islands. Its simple as hell, you realistically only need to understand the basic premise, and maybe have played a few games of it, to be able to say something about it.

Reactions: CrystalLegend01

emptypandora

Jul 21, 2023
biggest? yes, because a community that usually has only has one player appear every 1-3 games definitely is the biggest one.
If its the biggest one, then only because its somehow the only real community existing, coz every non-grinding player combined heavily outnumbers all the combined members of the grinding community.

And I doubt the grinding community is or was the biggest one even before the update. How'd a community consisting mostly of the games "top" players, and I don't mean the top 20-30%, because then I'd be a part of it (seriously, if you think its the top 20-30% or something, then you are overestimating how high the average is, the worst of those 30% would be mobile players who can barely comprehend the concept of using a bow and arrow in pvp), I mean the top 1%, maybe even LESS

Lets even do some math. So, the daily peak for cubecraft in terms of player numbers is around 18-19 k players (unless there is some night-time activity on cubecraft I have not found about yet, coz the player count mentioned is usually there around 5-8 pm, or between 17:00 and 20:00 if you are european.

The share of those players playing eggwars is usually below a third, usually below even 30% of the total player number, but because I am generous and for maths sake, lets just settle for 1/3rd, so 33%

so, out of 18 k players, in this scenario, 6 k are gonna be playing eggwars.

Now, based on the player numbers of eggwars mega during just about most times when there are players on the server, around 10% of those 6k are gonna be playing mega mode, so not exactly the gamemode intended for grinding (unless you are a masochist), so now we are at 5400 potential "grinders" left.

I also doubt anyone does any grinding in duels mode, not like it has a whole lot of players anyway, but those ~3.5% do make up for about 210 of those 6000 players.

So that leaves us with 5190 potential grinders, all spread across solo, duo and squad mode.

I said that I, on average, used to meet one "grinder" every 1-3 games (as grinder I understand someone visibly trying to win the game as fast as possible, not even necessarily someone good). Obviously there were situations where there was more than that, or when there was less than that, but the general average is around one every 1-3 games, lets just continue doing the math with 1 grinder every 2 games.

Like idk what to tell you here, even with the grinders, 95% of the community are gonna be generic casual players just trying to have some fun. And most of those are not gonna be trying to win the game as fast as possible, or even be that good at the game for that matter.

Anyway:
So that's about one grinder for every 32 players. Now obviously you can land in a lobby with a player from your previous one, but you can also land with one grinder for several games. So lets just do 1 in 32 for simplicities sake.

So, that's about 3.125% of the part of the community that is going to be grinding, and out of those 5190 players, that's gonna be a total of 162.19 players, rounded up, 162 players on an average day during peak activity.

Those 162.19 players across the total 6000 eggwars players, though, only make up 2.7% of the total.

Now listen, idk what your math is, but my math tells me you are, at best, a significant minority with big mouths, and not a "big community".

And before you say: "but the x discord we have has y members" or "but I know x and y amount of players that belong in the community", remember that both, "normal" players, and grinders, aren't always gonna be online every day. If we accounted for how many "normal" players are gonna be coming online, and that includes players completely new to the server, joining for the first time, just as it includes players who have been here for years and simply aren't grinders, then the grinders would make up such a small percentage (we are talking way less than 1%) that calculating it would be way too much effort to put in, considering that the "biggest community" can't be one that makes up a small percentage of the entire server.
"that's gonna be a total of 162.19 players, rounded up, 162 players on an average day during peak activity." My math tell me you need to learn more math !

TC XD

Jan 18, 2022
New York
Pronouns
He/Him

That's how you sound

Man, you don't understand how this affects other communities, the eggwars speed run community hates everything that has happened to eggwars. You may never know cause you are a casual, but I know how other speed runners most likely feel about how bad eggwars is. Like SmallAlex999 he used to do speed runs so much, he even got the wr for the old duos any%. But now he mainly plays skyward and FFA, only reason he plays eggwars now and then is because I ask him to, 1.19/20 has greatly affected the speed run community and it will be permanent damage.

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
Back when I started playing cubecraft, mineplex used to peak at 12k+ players and was more popular then lifeboat.
Nowadays mineplex doesn't even exist.

Wdym "not that much experience"? I've been on this server for longer than the time that passed since you finished elementary school according to the age on your profile. Admittedly, with varying degrees of activity, and not purely in eggwars, but I sure as sh*t don't lack experience.

I may lack "experience" on the forums, hence why I admit that I didn't know that people were complaining about high tnt prices for example, but the original reason I made this account was to report some clowns who were teaming in a game of lucky blocks. I've only started actively using this account around 2 weeks ago.

Besides, even if I was lacking experience, it does not disqualify me from talking and giving opinions about the update. Especially in a game like eggwars, its not a complicated game and the update is clearly catered towards more casual players, most of whom do not have that much experience.

Its not like cs:go or valorant where you need to have a masters degree in maths and an average gametime of 8 hrs a day to even comprehend the most basic idea of the games balance.

Its a minigame based on the premise of having objects you need to defend, placed on floating islands in the sky, with the primary weapon you are using being a 2d swords you use to clap square shaped people off those floating islands. Its simple as hell, you realistically only need to understand the basic premise, and maybe have played a few games of it, to be able to say something about it.
not much experience means that some of your opinions is just wrong. for example how are you supposed to knock spawnkillers off to the void when you are boxed in? another example? what is the use of hay bales and glass? they are easy to break but the entire purpose of it is that it takes the same time to break whichever pickaxe you use. Also how on earth do you think cubecraft staff are dumb enough to allow a glitch that big as allowing keep inventory to pickaxes and not fix it. also bruh how does "serverwide lag" make lag in eggwars not bad? I'm sorry but if you are an expierienced player you definately wern't playing that much eggwars. also you are not answering my question how many days of play time. not when you started

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
not much experience means that some of your opinions is just wrong. for example how are you supposed to knock spawnkillers off to the void when you are boxed in? another example? what is the use of hay bales and glass? they are easy to break but the entire purpose of it is that it takes the same time to break whichever pickaxe you use. Also how on earth do you think cubecraft staff are dumb enough to allow a glitch that big as allowing keep inventory to pickaxes and not fix it. also bruh how does "serverwide lag" make lag in eggwars not bad? I'm sorry but if you are an expierienced player you definately wern't playing that much eggwars. also you are not answering my question how many days of play time. not when you started
I may have misread the "knocking spawnkillers off" thing, though looking at your original comment you say that you "can't box yourself in to break obby", no you talk about being boxed in. So which is it? you can't box yourself in to break obsidian? Or you get killed because of being boxed in?

I never said "serverwide lag" doesn't make it bad, I was trying to get you to stop attributing it to eggwars specifically, because you make it sound like its a problem that makes eggwars specifically unplayable, and not literally the whole server.

As for the glitch: first of all, in my experience with cubecraft, there were a ton of bugs and glitches that the staff either seemed to ignore or just downright refused to fix. Though usually mostly very minor ones, the biggest one I can recall before this update (which luckilly is the one that fixed it) is a bug which made it impossible to join any minigames other than skyblock due to an error with "session ID".

And after this recent update the amount of those bugs has gone up significantly. Here is an example: There is a bug in ctf, which makes it impossible to take and capture one of the teams flags, leading to one team being unable to win.

And what did cubecraft do with the two reports I made on this bug? Btw, before you answer, the report had: several 1-2 minute long videos protraying what exactly is wrong, in those videos there were other players stating what the problem is in chat, and I made sure to describe it as well as I could whenever asked to describe the bug.

So, wanna know what happened?
They rejcted them

They rejected two reports on a gamebreaking bug, that ruins the game for (literally) hundreds of players each day, in a gamemode that supports lobbies with up to a hundred players.

Now they did say that I should go on discord, join it, and make a ticket in there the next time it happens. But that is a lot of effort to ask of someone reporting a gamebreaking bug, and something that should be their job. I shouldn't be required to 1. have discord 2. join their discord 3. play the game until I have that bug happen again (breaking news: blockwars ctf is not the only game I play) 4. remember to go on discord, to make a ticket, and even tag a specific person in that ticket. Oh, and 5. remember to do it within 2 hours of the bug happening.

And the reason they want me to do all that? They need the server logs, and apprently in a gamemode that only usually has around 8-10 lobbies at a time, they just can not be bothered to do it themselves.

Because apparently we, as players, have nothing better to do than take over the important parts of the bug fixing process, as if I had nothing else to do.

If you think the pickaxe thing in eggwars is bad and something that the server staff would never refuse to fix if it was a bug (and I 100% do think its a bug until I will be told otherwise by cubecraft staff), then I recommend you avoid playing any non-eggwars gamemode like your life depends on it.

Because trust me when I tell you: eggwars got it very easy after the update and has the fewest bugs of all gamemodes. The only major bug I noticed is that, on some ocassions, after you die and respawn, the game thinks you are afk and makes you completely invincible until it kicks you for being afk (it also makes it impossible to break or collect anything, or use the item store), and even that bug I only experienced ONCE. Not only that, but most of the balance and item changes in eggwars were, at their worst, not a negative change, and at their best something that should have been done years ago.

"Also how on earth do you think that cubecraft staff are dumb enough..." because, unlike you it seems, I have some experience with the server and the server staff. Also: I don't think they are dumb enough, I know they are dumb enough to let a major bug like that slip. There is no reason to keep denying an obvious fact and make it seem like some kind of thing I randomly came up with. They literally keep rejecting a bug report on a gamebreaking bug for over a week now, because they expect me as the player to put the work in to get it fixed.

adrian525pl

Novice Member
Feb 23, 2023
Man, you don't understand how this affects other communities, the eggwars speed run community hates everything that has happened to eggwars. You may never know cause you are a casual, but I know how other speed runners most likely feel about how bad eggwars is. Like SmallAlex999 he used to do speed runs so much, he even got the wr for the old duos any%. But now he mainly plays skyward and FFA, only reason he plays eggwars now and then is because I ask him to, 1.19/20 has greatly affected the speed run community and it will be permanent damage.
speedrunners and grinders are almost the same thing. They are similarly affected by the update and I care equally little about them, and they are equally small in numbers. Sorry, but don't try to make me feel as if this update ruined eggwars for everyone, the only groups the updates ruined eggwars it for are the people who ruin everyone elses game for the sake of either grinding some number, or playing each individual round as little as possible. And also, for the most part, simply players who are part of what I describe as "a minority with big mouths".

IDC what he is doing rn, and that he had a world record, if an update not specifically catered to him and his playstyle is what gets him and others like him to avoid playing eggwars, then that's a good thing.

I can also imagine his speedrunning causing a lot of casuals he killed in the way to quit cubecraft, either due to rage or feeling like they will need to spend the next 2 decades playing the game 8 hrs a day just to be able to survive longer than 20 seconds of each game, or quit because they may have believed he is cheating and keeps getting away with it, leading to them believing the server is full of cheaters.

In fact, controversial opinion right here: him, and others like him quitting eggwars, or maybe even cubecraft altogether, is a good business decision from cubecrafts side of things, because now the majority of players will be able to enjoy the game without dying in 10 seconds which makes them more likely to stick around and maybe even spend money. Sure, cubecraft may have lost its top 1% of players with this update, but the other 99% are more than going to make up for it long-term.

Cubecraft is basically doing what fortnite should have done years ago, and that is: keeping the top 1% of players as far away as humanly possible from the other 99%. Even if cubecraft may have done it to quite a bit of an extreme, as I am aware that some players quit the server altogether, which isn't exactly the best way to do it, but its not like cubecraft has the capabilities to support skill based matchmaking or something like that.

And btw, him leaving because speedrunning is harder now sounds like a "skill-issue" sort of complaint. I mean: seriously?
He, one of the servers top speedrunners is going to quit because some randoms who hardly have an idea of how to bridge without falling into the void are now too much of a challenge for him?

And I thought "skill issue" is something you use as a joke and say it to noobs complaning about a guy comboing them and claiming he is cheating, not something I will ever use in the context of someone who at one point held a world record, but I guess we reached a point where its the best of the best quitting because of "skill issues".

If you enjoy farming things without a challenge then go into a single-player world and build an xp-farm, because if you go into an online game and expect it to be an easy kill farm, then you shouldn't be playing online games.

Also, you bringing up speedrunners (memebers of the metaphorical " top 1%") when I say the update (in eggwars) is only considered bad by the "top 1%" only proves my point.

i hate hackers1234

Novice Member
Sep 5, 2022
I may have misread the "knocking spawnkillers off" thing, though looking at your original comment you say that you "can't box yourself in to break obby", no you talk about being boxed in. So which is it? you can't box yourself in to break obsidian? Or you get killed because of being boxed in?

I never said "serverwide lag" doesn't make it bad, I was trying to get you to stop attributing it to eggwars specifically, because you make it sound like its a problem that makes eggwars specifically unplayable, and not literally the whole server.

As for the glitch: first of all, in my experience with cubecraft, there were a ton of bugs and glitches that the staff either seemed to ignore or just downright refused to fix. Though usually mostly very minor ones, the biggest one I can recall before this update (which luckilly is the one that fixed it) is a bug which made it impossible to join any minigames other than skyblock due to an error with "session ID".

And after this recent update the amount of those bugs has gone up significantly. Here is an example: There is a bug in ctf, which makes it impossible to take and capture one of the teams flags, leading to one team being unable to win.

And what did cubecraft do with the two reports I made on this bug? Btw, before you answer, the report had: several 1-2 minute long videos protraying what exactly is wrong, in those videos there were other players stating what the problem is in chat, and I made sure to describe it as well as I could whenever asked to describe the bug.

So, wanna know what happened?
They rejcted them

They rejected two reports on a gamebreaking bug, that ruins the game for (literally) hundreds of players each day, in a gamemode that supports lobbies with up to a hundred players.

Now they did say that I should go on discord, join it, and make a ticket in there the next time it happens. But that is a lot of effort to ask of someone reporting a gamebreaking bug, and something that should be their job. I shouldn't be required to 1. have discord 2. join their discord 3. play the game until I have that bug happen again (breaking news: blockwars ctf is not the only game I play) 4. remember to go on discord, to make a ticket, and even tag a specific person in that ticket. Oh, and 5. remember to do it within 2 hours of the bug happening.

And the reason they want me to do all that? They need the server logs, and apprently in a gamemode that only usually has around 8-10 lobbies at a time, they just can not be bothered to do it themselves.

Because apparently we, as players, have nothing better to do than take over the important parts of the bug fixing process, as if I had nothing else to do.

If you think the pickaxe thing in eggwars is bad and something that the server staff would never refuse to fix if it was a bug (and I 100% do think its a bug until I will be told otherwise by cubecraft staff), then I recommend you avoid playing any non-eggwars gamemode like your life depends on it.

Because trust me when I tell you: eggwars got it very easy after the update and has the fewest bugs of all gamemodes. The only major bug I noticed is that, on some ocassions, after you die and respawn, the game thinks you are afk and makes you completely invincible until it kicks you for being afk (it also makes it impossible to break or collect anything, or use the item store), and even that bug I only experienced ONCE. Not only that, but most of the balance and item changes in eggwars were, at their worst, not a negative change, and at their best something that should have been done years ago.

"Also how on earth do you think that cubecraft staff are dumb enough..." because, unlike you it seems, I have some experience with the server and the server staff. Also: I don't think they are dumb enough, I know they are dumb enough to let a major bug like that slip. There is no reason to keep denying an obvious fact and make it seem like some kind of thing I randomly came up with. They literally keep rejecting a bug report on a gamebreaking bug for over a week now, because they expect me as the player to put the work in to get it fixed.
mate are you using chat gpt to generate your answers?

Reactions: emptypandora
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Xi1m's profile.
FkhsjevXEBQvIe3.jpg
to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Top Bottom