Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFG1125

Jan 2, 2016
I really do like your server, but there are so many hackers! And the reason for that is because there is no report system besides the forums. You really do need to change that, because people won't take their time to go and report on the forums. Hackers know this and that' show they get away with it. So I'm not sure how your staff system works really, but you need some sort of report command, maybe you're worried about it getting spammed, here's a suggestion. Give this command to donors only, there is usually at least one in every game I've played. Secondly, you need a group of people who's job is to specifically answer those reports and spectate the accused player for hacking. I personally, would be honored to do it if it would stop hackers. I'm sure you know what this team would need but I'm going to say it anyways, the ability to see the reports of course, the ability to force join a player's game to spectate, vanish, spectator mode, and the ability to ban. This may not be the best thread, but I feel like this idea could go places because I'm sure everyone wants to see the hackers go away.

Thank you,
DFG1125

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Nobody can spectate, because once a game has been started, no one can join it, not even staff. Besides, giving the command to donators doesn't solve the problem, because you've 10-year old donators who could abuse it and because there are way more non-donators than donators.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
So I'm not sure how your staff system works really, but you need some sort of report command, maybe you're worried about it getting spammed, here's a suggestion. Give this command to donors only, there is usually at least one in every game I've played.
Donors can spam it too and think they can get away with it because of their rank.

Secondly, you need a group of people who's job is to specifically answer those reports and spectate the accused player for hacking.
So they have to moderate dozens of /report notification per minute? It's faster for them to actually do a report then to spectate someone.
And that also drains the fun of playing for them.

I personally, would be honored to do it if it would stop hackers. I'm sure you know what this team would need but I'm going to say it anyways, the ability to see the reports of course, the ability to force join a player's game to spectate, vanish, spectator mode, and the ability to ban
You're more than welcome to apply for helper, but rumor has it that all applications are being reset next year.
And if you were to be this special staff member, you'd be bored out of your mind having to check them.

I know you have a good intention and all, but it's not practical.
If staff members would be able to force join, maps would have to have special slots reserved for them. That would add up and cause a lot of server lag.

DFG1125

Jan 2, 2016
Alright, thank you for your inputs, I'm just kind of new and just wanted to stop the hacking. Thanks :)

Reactions: Marieke2001
D

Deleted member 169486

No. There is no way for staff to join a game and a report command would be heavily abused. That being a donor only feature may be agaisned the EULA. If you want to help deal with hackers, report or you can apply for helper.

D

Deleted member 169486

Alright, thank you for your inputs, I'm just kind of new and just wanted to stop the hacking. Thanks :)
Did you just forget about the server or were you a long time lerker?

D

Deleted member 169486

I've played on the server every once in a while since like September 2015, but I never really joined the forums.
So you just made your account and left it for a while?

N

Nikboo

Hello!

First off, welcome to the forums! It's lovely to hear that you care about getting rid of hackers on Cubecraft! :)

Secondly, about your suggestion. There used to be a /report command however it was removed because of the following reasons:

- Staff got spammed with requests to join their games even though they can't. (Explained on the point below)
- Staff are unable to join games which are already in progress except from Assassins and FFA. That's just how our server works.
- This command got heavily abused, with many players accusing innocent players of hacking. Many donators have accused ME of hacking on Cubecraft, and I am a helper and a complete noob when it comes to PvP games. Now that you know that even staff members get hackusated, imagine how many players who aren't staff members get hackusated!
- Cubecraft is such a large server server with around 200, 000 different players logging on each day, however we only have around 50 staff members. If we were to use this maths, the ratio would be one staff member to every 4000 players. Also, do remember, not every staff member can log on every single day. As you can see, it would be extremely difficult to control all of the players on Cubecraft.

These are the reasons as to why we won't be re-implementing the command, unfortunately. Thanks for creating the suggestion though! :)

~ Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday have a good day/night today!:D
Frontlane wrote on xEefster's profile.
Gefeliciteerd 🥳
Frontlane wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉
Kazwa wrote on xEefster's profile.
happy birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom