Votes: 7 25.0%
  • This is unnecessary

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Not sure if this would help or hurt.

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Whelp, first off, for the people living under a rock for the past 3 years, OP mode is a mode where all the weapons, armor, and items are buffed. This mode is only turned on when the donors vote on it before the beginning of a match. Unsurprisingly, this practically guarantees that you WILL play it every time a donor that is gold rank or higher enters the match.

At first, OP mode sounds like fun, but just like eating a kinda good food every day, it gets repetitive, boring, and frustrating when the only reason your opponent won is because they had better armor and weapons than you, or if you won, you felt like it was from pure luck. Which most of the time, it is. Long gone are the days of strategizing, getting weapons and armor, and going through with that plan, always knowing that it could be your only shot, and in coming are the days of getting full iron, and spam rushing since its incredibly easy to do so on certain maps. Now, this has always been a problem, but OP mode makes is 5X worse by giving the armor Protection V and weapons Sharpness 2 (Except for the ultimate sword (Sharp V diamond sword), which still doesnt do enough damage to balance out with the armor), making it so that you take barely any damage from any attacks, unless your opponent has a weapons that isn't basically a wet noodle on a stick. To people like me, this seems lazy, and it seems to make the experience worse instead of better, so here are a few ideas to make it better without outright removing it, since, as it stands right now, that would require a dangerous amount of damage control.

1. Nerf enchantments: Just basically decrease the amount of protection you would get with certain armor sets. Its ridiculous that a guy in full iron has a RIDICULOUS disadvantage in a normal duel against a full diamond guy since the 'duel of numbers' is on his side, since he has objectively better equipment, since every armor set has the same prot value, making it a chore, so when they duel said full diamond person, when they think they are going to win (most of the time) and instead get creamed since they lost the duel of numbers. The idea would include: The stronger the armor naturally is, the lower its protection enchantment. EX: Iron-Prot 3, Diamond-Prot 2.(just as a general idea of what im talking about) Even hitting a full diamond person with the strongest sword: (Sharp V diamond) is like hitting a tank with a katana. It does SOMETHING, but it isn't all that fun to take it down.

2. Special items all of the time, for all of the maps, and specific items for each map: I know in certain maps, they allow you to use emeralds to buy items that have special effects, these are similar, except instead of just giving enchantments (some of which are just cheese) they do special things, making the items feel more unique instead of just an item with a bunch of numbers that mean that either its trash, or its broken. EX: Grappling hook (Tripwire) (Right click to shoot out a X block long beam that, if it connects to a block, it sends the player in a 90 degree drop toward the location of where the item hit on the Z-axis.) They also should be different based on map, so you arent going to get an item thats useless for the map you are currently on because of the layout of the map. EX: getting a grappling hook on a mostly flat map. There should be items made to make your time playing specific maps much more unique, instead of it just being new maps that are different. The items should also change based on the mode, so OP mode has its unique set, Normal mode has its unique set, and Hardcore mode has its unique set. It should be made so either of the three sets look interesting, rather than just making the OP mode ones the best since the community likes it so much. C'mon, give the other modes some love!

This one isn't specifically for OP mode, but it could help with the inflation of a specific map, or maps that are unavailable (Whether that be because of a glitch, its full, or its a game that just started)

3. Change the way you choose a map slightly: This one is simple, just make it so that, instead of a board, its an inventory filled with random maps (Just how the normal board works) instead of the specific ones the donors have access to. (Still think thats stupid, but whatever)

These are just a few things i see can help make Op mode, eggwars, and the way you choose a game, less irritating and more unique. There are probably more, but for right now, these are 3 of the big ideas i have.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
First of all: OP isn't luck based at all.
1. Nerf enchantments: Just basically decrease the amount of protection you would get with certain armor sets. Its ridiculous that a guy in full iron has a RIDICULOUS disadvantage in a normal duel against a full diamond guy since the 'duel of numbers' is on his side, since he has objectively better equipment, since every armor set has the same prot value, making it a chore, so when they duel said full diamond person, when they think they are going to win (most of the time) and instead get creamed since they lost the duel of numbers. The idea would include: The stronger the armor naturally is, the lower its protection enchantment. EX: Iron-Prot 3, Diamond-Prot 2.(just as a general idea of what im talking about) Even hitting a full diamond person with the strongest sword: (Sharp V diamond) is like hitting a tank with a katana. It does SOMETHING, but it isn't all that fun to take it down.
They probably won't change it, as it's called OP mode for a reason. Don't like it? think of another way to kill the person.
There's three good ways to do it:
-Armor breaking
I suggest you use TNT
Don't forget to bring extra sets yourself
-Knocking them off of the edge
Just lure them near a cliff for a sprint-hit, or use a punch bow and push them towards the cliff
-Spleefing
Make sure you have a pickaxe that can instantly mine sandstone, and try to do it in a bridge with walls, as they most likely won't expect it then.

2. Special items all of the time, for all of the maps, and specific items for each map
I'd rather keep the amount of special items limited, because I don't want to have enchanted Swiss army knives for everyone.
Emerald gens make players rush mid like no tomorrow with nothing on them, just hoping to get emeralds and run away.
This will also encourage mid-camping on maps like Fairground, Underdasea, Aztec, etc.

The items should also change based on the mode, so OP mode has its unique set, Normal mode has its unique set, and Hardcore mode has its unique set.
Agreed. KB 2 on OP is fine imo, but not on HC or Normal mode. It's too OP for a non-OP gamemode.
Multiple sets of custom items in general would be nice, as there's some items that are completely useless in OP too.
3. Change the way you choose a map slightly: This one is simple, just make it so that, instead of a board, its an inventory filled with random maps (Just how the normal board works) instead of the specific ones the donors have access to. (Still think thats stupid, but whatever)
I mean, technically it already works like that, but non-ranks use the board.
And removing that for ranks and making it something anyone can use, would make other ranks feel scammed.
I know it's a small feature, but it's the best thing you can get with an iron rank.

Injunction

Forum Expert
Sep 2, 2016
In A Box In San Francisco
Whelp, first off, for the people living under a rock for the past 3 years, OP mode is a mode where all the weapons, armor, and items are buffed. This mode is only turned on when the donors vote on it before the beginning of a match. Unsurprisingly, this practically guarantees that you WILL play it every time a donor that is gold rank or higher enters the match.

At first, OP mode sounds like fun, but just like eating a kinda good food every day, it gets repetitive, boring, and frustrating when the only reason your opponent won is because they had better armor and weapons than you, or if you won, you felt like it was from pure luck. Which most of the time, it is. Long gone are the days of strategizing, getting weapons and armor, and going through with that plan, always knowing that it could be your only shot, and in coming are the days of getting full iron, and spam rushing since its incredibly easy to do so on certain maps. Now, this has always been a problem, but OP mode makes is 5X worse by giving the armor Protection V and weapons Sharpness 2 (Except for the ultimate sword (Sharp V diamond sword), which still doesnt do enough damage to balance out with the armor), making it so that you take barely any damage from any attacks, unless your opponent has a weapons that isn't basically a wet noodle on a stick. To people like me, this seems lazy, and it seems to make the experience worse instead of better, so here are a few ideas to make it better without outright removing it, since, as it stands right now, that would require a dangerous amount of damage control.

2. Special items all of the time, for all of the maps, and specific items for each map: I know in certain maps, they allow you to use emeralds to buy items that have special effects, these are similar, except instead of just giving enchantments (some of which are just cheese) they do special things, making the items feel more unique instead of just an item with a bunch of numbers that mean that either its trash, or its broken. EX: Grappling hook (Tripwire) (Right click to shoot out a X block long beam that, if it connects to a block, it sends the player in a 90 degree drop toward the location of where the item hit on the Z-axis.) They also should be different based on map, so you arent going to get an item thats useless for the map you are currently on because of the layout of the map. EX: getting a grappling hook on a mostly flat map. There should be items made to make your time playing specific maps much more unique, instead of it just being new maps that are different. The items should also change based on the mode, so OP mode has its unique set, Normal mode has its unique set, and Hardcore mode has its unique set. It should be made so either of the three sets look interesting, rather than just making the OP mode ones the best since the community likes it so much. C'mon, give the other modes some love!

This one isn't specifically for OP mode, but it could help with the inflation of a specific map, or maps that are unavailable (Whether that be because of a glitch, its full, or its a game that just started)

These are just a few things i see can help make Op mode, eggwars, and the way you choose a game, less irritating and more unique. There are probably more, but for right now, these are 3 of the big ideas i have.
the point of OP mode is to be OP

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
the point of OP mode is to be OP
there is a difference between being OP and being broken, and just because its OP mode doesnt mean its fun, interesting, or good. I hope these ideas will at least give a basis to where Op mode can go where its less repetitive and more fun and challenging. Have it be something more unique, instead of what it is, which i see as a carbon copy of the other 2 gamemodes but with a new ''coat of paint'.

_XtremeX_

Jan 1, 2017
In my opinion they shouldn't nerf anything. OP mode is made to have over powered gear, weapons and tools. True, most donators vote for OverPowered (including myself), but if you don't like it, try joining a game without donors.

It's just, if they nerf OP mode, then it comes very close to Normal mode. Again in my humble opinion, I prefer OP to stay the way it is.

The Crowbar

Jul 1, 2016
Proxima Centauri, Milky Way

Typical forum comment mode: ON

Get a gold rank and vote for normal and/or leave the game if someone votes for OP

Reactions: Ninja Gaming

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I was against it at first too, but now I'm pretty okay with it, as long as it isn't combined with tripe health.
The whole point of OP is just:
as long as you have armor and food, you're invincible against damage.
So that's why my standard inventory when rushing looks like this:
2016-05-16_14.27.15.png
The more you play it the more fun it will become, at least for me.

Later in the game, when most people have diamond armor it's almost impossible to destroy their armor right?
I found a counterargument. It's called explosions:

I think OP should stay the way it is right now, if you lower the protection, what makes it different from normal mode?

(except the costs, hey wait a minute, that brings me on a new idea:
Voting For Item Prices! So a third option of voting. Now you have health boost, item type, and item price! alright this is too off topic, I will go now, bye)

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
I was against it at first too, but now I'm pretty okay with it, as long as it isn't combined with tripe health.
The whole point of OP is just:
as long as you have armor and food, you're invincible against damage.
So that's why my standard inventory when rushing looks like this:
View attachment 126614 The more you play it the more fun it will become, at least for me.

Later in the game, when most people have diamond armor it's almost impossible to destroy their armor right?
I found a counterargument. It's called explosions:

I think OP should stay the way it is right now, if you lower the protection, what makes it different from normal mode?

(except the costs, hey wait a minute, that brings me on a new idea:
Voting For Item Prices! So a third option of voting. Now you have health boost, item type, and item price! alright this is too off topic, I will go now, bye)
Voting for Item Prices - offtopic, but IMO could be a good idea. Could be used to sort of balance out overpowered a little bit (I think Cube's idea of Overpowered is... a little bit too OP.)

xKouhai

Dec 25, 2016
The stronger the armor naturally is, the lower its protection enchantment

Wouldn't that make the higher armour as good as a lower armour, or too close. There would be no point to an OP mode after that nerf. I personally believe that OP mode is fine as it is right now and doesn't require any nerfs.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015

Ive had people tell me to buy a rank to vote what i want/ leave.
My point against why i should do this:
We really shouldn't have to buy a rank to do certain things that people should be able to do from the get-go. For one, CHOOSING THE GAME MODE THEY PLAY. That is just getting dangerously close to getting on the level of certain MOBILE GAMES - freemium games. But really, if i dont do that, then im forced to play in maps nobody plays in so no donor goes in them and chooses OP mode since 'everybody' loves it. Imagine playing the same terrible maps over and over again. That is what it turns into. Just, same stuff, all of the time.
And For those who think that Nerfing Enchantments will make OP terrible. (Even though i personally think it already is) First off, im not asking them to be removed, just BALANCED. Of course, diamond will be the strongest, but it wont make you into an indestructible tank that cannot be destroyed by anything. OP will still be OP, but more balanced.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015
Wouldn't that make the higher armour as good as a lower armour, or too close. There would be no point to an OP mode after that nerf. I personally believe that OP mode is fine as it is right now and doesn't require any nerfs.
No, they would get stronger, but not as much as before. With enchantments, the enchanted armor and weapons are practically the same as before. Diamond will still be the best, but not as good. Still good, but not AS good. You'll become more durable, just not invincible.

DanielSch

Sep 28, 2015

I think i may try to remove this thread. Less Pointless garbage. Why want something if everybody else doesnt? Quality be damned. no matter what everybody thinks, Numbers always win. The staff wont add this. Doubt anybody would care. Im saying 'try' since the staff removed my ability to remove my own posts. If you have numbers, even if you are wrong, you'll come out on top. It seems obvious and clear that, even though some people want this, they are going to/ are already overshadowed by the people who will vote the opposite way. Like that, its natural.

And for those who asked me to post my opinions on this before, i told you either nobody would listen or it would be pointless, and i was right/ am going to be right.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Dajidus's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on Semyon Karasev's profile.
Happy birthday!
UncleSpect wrote on adrian525pl's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
WiggedWigg wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Happy brithdta
Top Bottom