Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Ok so recently with a Forum update @Mac made a new post saying how to make a good suggestion:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-make-a-good-suggestion-thread.182655/
It summarizes everything you need to know well but I do think it lacks a bit of detail.

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way any critic toward Mac as he as an admin has a lot of responsibilities and probably hasn't got the time to make a long and revised thread.

Now that that is clear lets start with the actual thread.
I will split this thread into 3 sections:
-basic tips:
-advanced tips:
-optional tips:

Lets start with the basic tips:
-be original:
Just suggesting to implement a gamemode from a different server is not very original. Try to not do that. Make your suggestion unique and original. Recently someone suggested to add murder mystery from hypixel. Thats not an original idea especially considering that murder mystery from hypixel already is unoriginal.
-look if your suggestion has been made before:
Yes that search bar on the top left actually has a purpose. If someone has suggested what you are suggesting before and the thread is still able to be bumped feel free to join in on the discussion there. Having three threads about the same topic at the same time just takes up space that other suggestions that deserve attention could need.
-detail:
Add lots of detail to your suggestion. Show people that you thought about it and want this to become a thing. If you say "add a new tower defence tower" no one will take you seriously, but if you give lots of detail explain how the tower would work you can convince people that you spent time on this suggestion.
-formatting:
This will be more directed towards suggestions anywhere. You can use colors bold underline but keep it down. Writing an entire thread in yellow color with bold underlined and maximum letter size no one can really read that and take you seriously. Same with fonts. While cubecraft only allows serious fonts some servers allow things like comic sans. If you want people to take you seriously never use comic sans or any other font that no one takes seriously like wingdings.
Example of a good formatted thread:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/minecraft-rts-remake-thread.184693/
Credits to @hyperBravo
Since I dont want to shame people I wont give an example of a bad formatted thread.
-stay active:
show interest in replies on your thread. Try to reply as often as possible to keep a discussion going. Not replying to a thread after people have given response just means that you arent really interested in it. By keeping a thread updated you can keep a discussion going which will keep your thread interesting.

Advanced tips:
-Pictures and videos:
Pictures, videos or anything else that shows how your suggestions would look like are a great addition to your thread. For example giving pictures of a tower defence tower when suggesting one can help people get an idea of what you mean.
-don't overelaborate:
Give detail but keep it at a medium level.
If you give too little detail no one will take you seriously.
If you give too much detail almost no one will read the entire thread and judge it based of the first few lines.
There is no such "perfect" amount of detail for all suggestions you have to judge it by yourself. I usually give way too much detail but I also try to include a short version to prevent people from judging the thread by skimming it.
-refering to old problems:
When you found a thread that already suggested what you are suggesting but the thread is outdated you can refer to it and take part of it as quotes into your suggestion. Basically anything that shows that you put time and effort into a suggestion will help you.

optional(but recommended) tips:
-a Format:
Personally I don't follow a certain format when making a suggestion but it can really help some people both when writing and reading a suggestion.
An example of a Format:
Code:
Suggestion:

What Servers are affected by your suggestion:

Why should your suggestion be accepted:

Video or screenshots of your suggestion(optional):
Note: This is just an example format not an official one

I hope this thread can help some people make a good suggestion. If ýou feel like I missed some tips feel free to let me know.
[ @Mac before I forget I didnt know where to put this thread can you move it somewhere where you feel like it fits and please don't lock it ._.]

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
Ok so recently with a Forum update @Mac made a new post saying how to make a good suggestion:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-make-a-good-suggestion-thread.182655/
It summarizes everything you need to know well but I do think it lacks a bit of detail.

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way any critic toward Mac as he as an admin has a lot of responsibilities and probably hasn't got the time to make a long and revised thread.

Now that that is clear lets start with the actual thread.
I will split this thread into 3 sections:
-basic tips:
-advanced tips:
-optional tips:

Lets start with the basic tips:
-be original:
Just suggesting to implement a gamemode from a different server is not very original. Try to not do that. Make your suggestion unique and original. Recently someone suggested to add murder mystery from hypixel. Thats not an original idea especially considering that murder mystery from hypixel already is unoriginal.
-look if your suggestion has been made before:
Yes that search bar on the top left actually has a purpose. If someone has suggested what you are suggesting before and the thread is still able to be bumped feel free to join in on the discussion there. Having three threads about the same topic at the same time just takes up space that other suggestions that deserve attention could need.
-detail:
Add lots of detail to your suggestion. Show people that you thought about it and want this to become a thing. If you say "add a new tower defence tower" no one will take you seriously, but if you give lots of detail explain how the tower would work you can convince people that you spent time on this suggestion.
-formatting:
This will be more directed towards suggestions anywhere. You can use colors bold underline but keep it down. Writing an entire thread in yellow color with bold underlined and maximum letter size no one can really read that and take you seriously. Same with fonts. While cubecraft only allows serious fonts some servers allow things like comic sans. If you want people to take you seriously never use comic sans or any other font that no one takes seriously like wingdings.
Example of a good formatted thread:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/minecraft-rts-remake-thread.184693/
Credits to @hyperBravo
Since I dont want to shame people I wont give an example of a bad formatted thread.
-stay active:
show interest in replies on your thread. Try to reply as often as possible to keep a discussion going. Not replying to a thread after people have given response just means that you arent really interested in it. By keeping a thread updated you can keep a discussion going which will keep your thread interesting.

Advanced tips:
-Pictures and videos:
Pictures, videos or anything else that shows how your suggestions would look like are a great addition to your thread. For example giving pictures of a tower defence tower when suggesting one can help people get an idea of what you mean.
-don't overelaborate:
Give detail but keep it at a medium level.
If you give too little detail no one will take you seriously.
If you give too much detail almost no one will read the entire thread and judge it based of the first few lines.
There is no such "perfect" amount of detail for all suggestions you have to judge it by yourself. I usually give way too much detail but I also try to include a short version to prevent people from judging the thread by skimming it.
-refering to old problems:
When you found a thread that already suggested what you are suggesting but the thread is outdated you can refer to it and take part of it as quotes into your suggestion. Basically anything that shows that you put time and effort into a suggestion will help you.

optional(but recommended) tips:
-a Format:
Personally I don't follow a certain format when making a suggestion but it can really help some people both when writing and reading a suggestion.
An example of a Format:
Code:
Suggestion:

What Servers are affected by your suggestion:

Why should your suggestion be accepted:

Video or screenshots of your suggestion(optional):
Note: This is just an example format not an official one

I hope this thread can help some people make a good suggestion. If ýou feel like I missed some tips feel free to let me know.
[ @Mac before I forget I didnt know where to put this thread can you move it somewhere where you feel like it fits and please don't lock it ._.]
Maybe put the suggestion of a suggestion form in the suggestions section?

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on jtdogzone6843's profile.
Welcome to the Forums!! :)
UncleSpect wrote on glo7776's profile.
Happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Cool member appreciation moment!:D 💙
ElFlxen_ wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything! :cubie:
ElFlxen_ wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thanks for everything! :c
Top Bottom