Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hello everybody, my name is lil' sheep and I made a suggestion thread to improve the forums!
This is actually not a suggestion compilatian, because this is something like a checklist.
The check shows the suggestion has been implemented, and the red cross shows it hasn't been implemented yet. I won't give a description if the suggestion has been implemented, because that's actually pointless. I've added spoilers because otherwise the thread would look messy. I don't want messy threads!
Let's make a start!

• Ranks on the forums: ✅
  • Link in-game account: ✅
  • Being able to edit your profile posts: ❌
    I would like to discuss about profile posts, because there's a feature which is extremely annoying.
    So, my idea is: Add an edit button to profile posts!
    I find it very annoying if I've made a spelling mistake and I can't edit the post.
    No, I have to remove the post, wait a minute and post it again.
    A waste of time!
    Why don't we add the button? It does not harm players, it's just a nice additional to make better use of the forums, and it will make the forums a bit more accessible for players!
    Moderators will be able to see all the edit logs.
  • How to make following someone worth it? ❌
    I think following someone is not worth it, because you don't get notifications or e-mails if someone posted a new thread or if they updated their status!
    My suggestion is: Add a new notification system!
    The new notification button is going to look like this: FN <----click.
    You will get a notification in the FN inbox if people who have been followed by you have posted a thread or updated their status, and you will also get a notification if they changed their profile picture/name.
    Following a person is worth it if the team adds this!
  • A new lay-out: ❌
    I think we need a new lay-out, because this lay-out looks basic.
    A good suggestion is adding a dark theme, that would be nice!
    Your question is: 'Remi, how are we going to get a new lay-out!?'. (I know John Coles has declined the request to create a competition, but I still think it's a very good idea!)
    We are going to make an official competition!
    It's just like the other artwork competitions, but with another twist.
    There will be a few competitions.
    1 competition is about the background, 1 competition is about the design of the forums, and another competition is about making the site beautiful. (The last competition is about the letter design, and other stuff.)
    The participants have to make an example of the lay-out, and the winner will get a prize, such like a rank, some cubelets, and of course: Fame!
    (Extra information: The thread will be made in the official competitions sub-forum!)
    This competition will be created to get ideas and get inspiration!
    Obviously is that the management team will make the decision if the winning lay-out is going to be added or not.
  • Translation of the forums: ❌
    I think the forums website must be translated into other languages, such as Dutch, Spanish and Arabic.
    It will take some effort, but I am sure that many players will be happy with the translations of important threads.
    (For those who want to know: I temporarily stopped with translating useful threads into Dutch, because I want to focus myself on making other threads, such like this one!)
    I think we have to translate these threads: All the Reporting Tutorials and Guidelines threads, the Official Rules (and the list of allowed mods), the News threads, the Report Site, the Merch Site and the Store Site should be translated, because those sites are very important.
    After that we can also translate the Suggestions subforum. (BTW I mean this thread from suggestions subforum: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-make-a-good-suggestion-thread.187064/)
    It doesn't take much time if we translate with several people! And the reward is worth it: players become happy!
  • Being able to post emoticons on profile posts: ❌
    I really don't like the fact I can't put emoticons in my profile posts. I think we should be able to put the current emoticons in it, because that would make our profile posts fancier!
  • Changing the trophy called 'Overpowered Eloquence': ❌
    It's called "Overpowered Eloquence", and you need less than 1000 messages and 2000+ likes to get this trophy.
    I am a trophy hunter, and I would like to make a little change: Remove that you need less than 1000 messages to get this trophy. It's a little easy to get 2000 likes, so I have an idea: You need 2000 more likes than messages to get this trophy.
    Wouldn't this be nice?

That's it! Do not forget to leave your opinion in the comments below! Thanks for reading, RemiO05.

Troublesomee

Forum Veteran
Feb 6, 2016
  • Being able to edit your profile posts: ❌.
Still a good suggestion!
    I think following someone is not worth it, because you don't get notifications or e-mails if someone posted a new thread or if they updated their status!
    You will get a notification in the FN inbox if people who have been followed by you have posted a thread or updated their status, and you will also get a notification if they changed their profile picture/name.
Would be cool if they had an option to watch a member. The only thing that differs from your idea is that you won't instantly get alerts, you will have to click ''watch member'' yourself first. The same concept as watching threads, basically.
    Your question is: 'Remi, how are we going to get a new lay-out!?'. (I know John Coles has declined the request to create a competition, but I still think it's a very good idea!)
    1 competition is about the background, 1 competition is about the design of the forums, and another competition is about making the site beautiful. (The last competition is about the letter design, and other stuff.)
    The participants have to make an example of the lay-out, and the winner will get a prize, such like a rank, some cubelets, and of course: Fame!
    (Extra information: The thread will be made in the official competitions sub-forum!)
    Obviously is that the management team will make the decision if the winning lay-out is going to be added or not.
Three different threads for just one competition is too much. It's not something I really miss, it will be just a nice little feature. It's not necessary, but it's surely something they could consider adding if members really want it. For now, I'll have to disagree with this as I don't think a new layout is necessarily needed.

I think the forums website must be translated into other languages, such as Dutch, Spanish and Arabic.
    It will take some effort, but I am sure that many players will be happy with the translations of important threads.
    (For those who want to know: I temporarily stopped with translating useful threads into Dutch, because I want to focus myself on making other threads, such like this one!)
    I think we have to translate these threads: All the Reporting Tutorials and Guidelines threads, the Official Rules (and the list of allowed mods), the News threads, the Report Site, the Merch Site and the Store Site should be translated, because those sites are very important.
    After that we can also translate the Suggestions subforum. (BTW I mean this thread from suggestions subforum: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/how-to-make-a-good-suggestion-thread.187064/)
    It doesn't take much time if we translate with several people! And the reward is worth it: players become happy!
As you stated, translating takes a lot of time and it's pretty hard to translate everything correctly sometimes. I do agree, though. Translating things on the forums and in-game is something that requires attention.
    I really don't like the fact I can't put emoticons in my profile posts. I think we should be able to put the current emoticons in it, because that would make our profile posts fancier!
Why not?
    It's called "Overpowered Eloquence", and you need less than 1000 messages and 2000+ likes to get this trophy.
    I am a trophy hunter, and I would like to make a little change: Remove that you need less than 1000 messages to get this trophy. It's a little easy to get 2000 likes, so I have an idea: You need 2000 more likes than messages to get this trophy.
    Wouldn't this be nice?
I'd suggest leaving it as it is now or just removing it. I am not a trophy hunter so I actually don't mind if it gets removed or changed. :)

Reactions: remio

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
  • Being able to edit your profile posts: ❌
I would like to discuss about profile posts, because there's a feature which is extremely annoying.
So, my idea is: Add an edit button to profile posts!
I find it very annoying if I've made a spelling mistake and I can't edit the post.
No, I have to remove the post, wait a minute and post it again.
A waste of time!
Why don't we add the button? It does not harm players, it's just a nice additional to make better use of the forums, and it will make the forums a bit more accessible for players!
Moderators will be able to see all the edit logs.
Been suggested dozens of times, and I don't remember anyone ever being against it.

Just check this:
https://www.cubecraft.net/account/news-feed
It's pretty much the same thing.

Purely subjective. I wouldn't mind a new lay-out, but I honestly like this one the way it is.

Sure. I don't see why not & it has been suggested a lot.

I honestly don't like using emoticons. It simply doesn't feel serious. I don't really have any strong opinion on this.
Wouldn't this be nice?
this twice myself, but with no results. I don't know why, but Quetzi left it off with "not all trophies need to be attainable". I responded to that, but he hasn't said anything since.
Here's the latest thread regarding it: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/resuggesting-trophy-changes.205152/page-2#post-971070

Oh and also, remove/redo "Long time no speak" was an important part of the suggestion too.
This is actually not a suggestion compilatian, because this is something like a checklist.
Not gonna lie, this is pretty much a suggestions compilation.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
lol what
if you want to know what your followers are doing go to https://www.cubecraft.net/account/news-feed
That's not my point. I don't wanna see what my followers are doing, I would like to see if someone I follow has posted a new thread or something else.
they've changed the layout at least 4 times from the first time I looked at the forums and somebody always complains - I highly doubt they are going to change it again
I think it should be optional. What about adding the 4 previous themes again, and you can change the themes whenever you want?
Not gonna lie, this is pretty much a suggestions compilation.
It's something like a checklist/compilation :p

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
But what about adding a new notifications menu instead of a link?
Maybe add a setting in Alerts Menu allowing you to toggle on News Feed notifications, and it allows you to filter it down to threads, profile posts, likes, following other people or any combination of those?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom