Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Archer Assault is, right now, pretty boring, in my opinion.
What's wrong with it?
General
  • Too little players (or team-dependant): Only 4 players per team is a really small quantity. If a player leaves, you're now in disadvantage (or advantage, if you're in the other team).
  • Just one map makes it boring.
  • See.png
Kits
  • Medic: As of right now, Medic is useless. Yes, you can heal yourself (and teammates), but won't make any difference if you're in a 1v1, since you do very little damage. Cannot be played as a support class either, since you need the "Ultimate" to plant Heal Pots (you'll probably get killed before getting "Ultimate") or shoot teammates (but, you do not get points for doing so, so, almost no one is going to do so).
  • Tank: It requires no skills. (See below)
  • Demolition: Does little damage (compared to offensive or tank), and the explosion arrows are pretty useless (Break barriers, not a big deal though). Mine isn't really useful since it explodes too early. Throwable TNT is also useless, people will run away as soon as they see it, making it really hard to actually kill people with it.
  • Offensive: Easy to get kills, you just need to hold right click & aim a bit.
    NoWords.png
Combat
Archer Assault can be identified as the Nightmare of SkyWars (and EggWars) player come true. Why? It's a game where bowspamming is the only way to win.
  • Trying to kill Tank (mainly in close-combat) is almost impossible, you cannot strafe them (Due to the x5 arrows). Not talking about the invincibility ability or jump thing (when they're low on health, they just run away).
  • Invisibility on offensive is useless, they'll see you to the arrows.
    upload_2017-9-22_18-0-0.png
Barriers
Barriers are completely useless, they'll get blown by Demolition kits in no time (can also be destroyed with normal arrows, making the Demolition kit even more useless), or they'll get easily bypassed (Build stairs, round it, etc)

o/
Don't say "You've only played a game of Archer Assault and u raged". Since I played about 10-15 AA games
pls no hate

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Medic: As of right now, Medic is useless. Yes, you can heal yourself (and teammates), but won't make any difference if you're in a 1v1, since you do very little damage. Cannot be played as a support class either, since you need the "Ultimate" to plant Heal Pots (you'll probably get killed before getting "Ultimate") or shoot teammates (but, you do not get points for doing so, so, almost no one is going to do so).
Medic is one of the best kits in my opinion. If you find a decent Tank or Offensive you can hold on the objective pretty long even in a 2v4 situation.
After playing a few more games I'd say Tank and medic are the best kits, tank is really easy to play because you don't have to aim. I wouldn't say Offensive is easier to get kills, but maybe it is if you are better at it than me.

Barricades and the Demolition class seem pretty useless, you can just jump over them.

Reactions: Power Ranger

Pandrai

Dedicated Member
Jul 20, 2016
the desert
Although these are a problem a game can be really fun and intense with the right teams. I know I played a game with a party of 6-7 and it lasted like 15 minutes because both sides were good and were very invested into the game. This game has a future if some wrinkles are ironed out but atm its a solid meh

Reactions: DrHam

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I agree with everything and I am glad some things have already been fixed. Archer Assault is a nice and fun game though, I don't find it boring.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Thank you for your suggestions we will and are looking into these issues. The bug with the arrows showing when invisible is no longer an issue.
Thanks
Medic is one of the best kits in my opinion. If you find a decent Tank or Offensive you can hold on the objective pretty long even in a 2v4 situation.
"IF". It isn't that useful if you're not in a party (pretty rare to find a good Tank or Offensive, who wants to cooperate with you)

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
"IF". It isn't that useful if you're not in a party (pretty rare to find a good Tank or Offensive, who wants to cooperate with you)
They don't even have to cooperate much, as long as they stay on the objective and spam arrows you can keep healing them. If there's noone on your team staying on the objective you'll have to switch to tank or offensive yourself.

Sep 23, 2017
Scotland
Yeah, Archer Assault is quite a bit boring at the time. Certainly needs some additions. I feel like they should have waited a bit more before they released it.

Top Bottom