• I don't understand the question.

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I understand there are tons of people applying for Helper Rank every day, and for that reason the Staff who reveiw each form can't personally message every single applicant telling them that their application failed. They simply don't have the time. I get that.

But it doesn't seem fair that serious applicants who put a lot of time and effort into their application will never know if it has even been seen, never mind read or not. So I have a suggestion to fix this!

There should be a section at the bottom of the Application form labeled in big, bold letters 'STAFF ONLY SECTION'. When a Staff member reviews an application, there should be a tick box in this section that they can click, after they have finished reading the whole thing. What does the tick box do?

It subscribes you to my YouTube Channel, Free iPad giveaway on my 10 sub special!!11!1

It simply sends the applicant a default email that confirms the report has been seen by a staff member! Yay.

Now, the email will NOT tell you if your application has been succesful or not. It will NOT tell you the name of the Staff member who reviewed your application either (this is to prevent the staff member from receiving mountains of messages and/or hate mail).

All it will do is tell you one of the Staff Members has seen your application, so you don't have to worry that it was skipped/missed out or that it never sent correctly or anything like that. I don't think this would be a hard thing to add, since Cube already sends notification emails out as we speak. It's a small bit of peace of mind : P

What does everyone think?

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
I was thinking about something like this.. but I just don't think it's worth it.

I have heard that they first filter out the 'really bad once' and afther that the 'decent' once will go to the higherup staff that are involved with the applications.
So i'm pretty sure every application will been seen.. by someone.

Also, you can actually check if your application got sent in correctly (you get a URL to edit it, so if the URL works, your application is in).

However, I do think that the 'somewhat better' applications should get feedback for points to improve on (only for applications that 'almost made it').
But yea, I doubt they will ever do that.. (what is understandable because it would that up a lot of time to do that).

Reactions: TheFastBowler

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I was thinking about something like this.. but I just don't think it's worth it.
Thanks for the info Skif, but what do you mean though? I know you just explained the process, but at no point was there anyway the applicant would have known what was going on. They don't get told that their application was decent enough to get passed onto the higherups. Only the staff know that really, so it doesn't solve the issue.

Ticking a box is literally a 2 second thing, so I think it would be worth it big time for the applicant's sake. Sorry if I misunderstood anything!

Reactions: skifby

skifby

Forum Veteran
May 4, 2016
Thanks for the info Skif, but what do you mean though? I know you just explained the process, but at no point was there anyway the applicant would have known what was going on. They don't get told that their application was decent enough to get passed onto the higherups. Only the staff know that really, so it doesn't solve the issue.

Ticking a box is literally a 2 second thing, so I think it would be worth it big time for the applicant's sake. Sorry if I muisunderstood anything!
The problem is not the thicking box, I get that that would take 2 seconds, or less. However, they would need to develop a system that gets the text from the google doc form and post that on the forums. I just doubt this is possible when they keep doing the applications in the google doc format.

Reactions: DragonSan

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
The problem is not the thicking box, I get that that would take 2 seconds, or less. However, they would need to develop a system that gets the text from the google doc form and post that on the forums. I just doubt this is possible when they are doing the applications in the google doc format.
Hmm, you may have a point. I'm no techy so I don't know how difficult it would be, I just assumed it wouldn't be very hard to set up.

Might be useful an optional comments section would be cool as well ♡ But in the end you really don't need to know when your application has been seen because as far a I know all applications are read ♡
With the vast amount of applications that flood in every day, as well as all the other work the staff have to do (ie. Sorting out reports, watching the game lobbies etc.) I can be 99% certain that at least one or two helper applications have been missed or skipped accidentally. I mean no disrepect to the staff, they are awesome! But they are only human, afterall.

Reactions: skifby

WolfShine

Dedicated Member
Mar 10, 2016
www.youtube.com
I understand there are tons of people applying for Helper Rank every day, and for that reason the Staff who reveiw each form can't personally message every single applicant telling them that their application failed. They simply don't have the time. I get that.

But it doesn't seem fair that serious applicants who put a lot of time and effort into their application will never know if it has even been seen, never mind read or not. So I have a suggestion to fix this!

There should be a section at the bottom of the Application form labeled in big, bold letters 'STAFF ONLY SECTION'. When a Staff member reviews an application, there should be a tick box in this section that they can click, after they have finished reading the whole thing. What does the tick box do?

It subscribes you to my YouTube Channel, Free iPad giveaway on my 10 sub special!!11!1

It simply sends the applicant a default email that confirms the report has been seen by a staff member! Yay.

Now, the email will NOT tell you if your application has been succesful or not. It will NOT tell you the name of the Staff member who reviewed your application either (this is to prevent the staff member from receiving mountains of messages and/or hate mail).

All it will do is tell you one of the Staff Members has seen your application, so you don't have to worry that it was skipped/missed out or that it never sent correctly or anything like that. I don't think this would be a hard thing to add, since Cube already sends notification emails out as we speak. It's a small bit of peace of mind : P

What does everyone think?
Great idea! Of course there are probably even easier ways to do this, but this is an amazing idea!

JerrySox

Sep 22, 2016
Antarctica
Yes and no, because they may view it more than once, spamming you emails. I'm guessing that they don't look at it once and say yes or no, they take time on different applications. I would like this however cause suspense kills me sometimes but I would rather wait then get an email that makes my hopes go up then back down.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
Yes and no, because they may view it more than once, spamming you emails. I'm guessing that they don't look at it once and say yes or no, they take time on different applications. I would like this however cause suspense kills me sometimes but I would rather wait then get an email that makes my hopes go up then back down.
They would only tick the tickbox once. Once it is ticked, it would remain that way so they can't tick it again and spam your inbox.

i really don't see the point of the suggestion if it doesn't tell them whether or not they were denied
could you explain it to me?

It doesn't seem fair that serious applicants who put a lot of time and effort into their application will never know if it has even been seen, never mind read or not.

All my idea does is it will inform you when one of the Staff Members has seen your application. This means you don't have to worry that it was skipped/missed out or that it never sent correctly or anything like that. It's a small bit of peace of mind : P

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
We view and read every single application that is sent in. There is no need to worry if it's been seen or not.
As for questioning if you've been accepted or not: if you HAVE NOT been contacted by Mac or Tacos about your app within 3 weeks of submitting your application, you've been denied.
Alright fair enough, I still feel like my idea would help reassure applicants that something is happening behind the scenes though. At the minute, we hear nothing at all and basically have to guess after the 3 week period if we've failed or not. In my opinion, at least this suggestion would help you conclude if your application has failed or not, so I still think it can be useful!

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
It would be helpful to know for sure if you've been declined instead of waiting for a message for ages that you are never going to get for most people.
A tick box is a simple and efficient thing but also has to be created and have the names added to it (depending on how you create it obviously). It would just be another thing on the list for what the staff have to get around to do.
I do support this idea. I feel like there's a certain 'stubbornness' in this area though and it won't be applied.

DragonSan

Dedicated Member
Sep 1, 2016
I like this ;3
Then I like you... still! :p

It would be helpful to know for sure if you've been declined instead of waiting for a message for ages that you are never going to get for most people.
A tick box is a simple and efficient thing but also has to be created and have the names added to it (depending on how you create it obviously). It would just be another thing on the list for what the staff have to get around to do.
I do support this idea. I feel like there's a certain 'stubbornness' in this area though and it won't be applied.

Based on what Cheez said, it seems unlikely this will get added. It's a shame but I guess the staff already have a lot to do as it is, and they seem content to just go by the 'No response = No success' system, which I don't really agree with but oh well... Looks like we'll just have to live with it : P

Last edited:
Reactions: Thefty and Jaistrix

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
100% Agree, I am constantly thinking about my application! I always think to myself "Has it even been read?", "Has it been ignored?" or "Has it been denied?". This suggestion would mean that you have more of an indication of if your application has been seen.

Knowing that my application has at least been read would be amazing for me!

N

Nikboo

Why though?

All applications get read. There is no need to worry. All it would do is falsely encourage players who have had their applications 'read' because most applicants get denied.

Also, developing this 'button' would waste precious developers time when they could be developing something a lot better.

I believe Snodia mentioned this in another thread, so I will mention it again.
The application process can be considered as a patience test and those who are constantly moaning about their applications not being checked will be denied.

Just chill and go with the flow. Be patient and keep working towards your goal.
If it has been denied, then you should improve on your negatives and strengthen your positives and if it has been accepted, then good luck on your interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Tripleee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations on helper!
caraMel wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats... finally!!! Welcome to the team 🩷
caraMel wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats!!! Welcome back to the team 🩷
Top Bottom