Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Woohooo!! This has been a discussion for years and creating the update ourselves was just too tricky. I am glad the way Cube is handling things now. The community is getting involved a lot more!

Reactions: xHappyMood

Builder556

Novice Member
Jun 11, 2020
www.youtube.com
Correct me if I'm wrong... but basically it allows people to know how close you are to dying so that they try and kill you more.

And so far, it seems that is true because everyone is much more aggressive. I'd like to know when this was actually voted on, cause I don't think i was around.

Last edited:

Litepvp

Nov 10, 2020
Hey CubeCrafters!

A couple of months ago, we asked for your feedback regarding the state of health indicators on our server on this thread - we noticed that those who have as something as small as one modification provides a huge advantage in any PvP situation. Since then, we've hosted a community talk and have had a public Notion board updating you all about the development progress.

We're glad to be rolling out these changes to both our Java and Bedrock networks! Read more to find out what our health indicators are like! 🎉

❤️ How do health indicators work?

In order to level the playing field, we've decided to implement health indicators to our server! But, they work a bit differently to how you may be used to:
- Players health will only show when you hit them.
- Players health will only show for 10 seconds and when you're within a 10 block radius.
- You will permanently see your teammates health in team games.
- You will not see players health if they are using an invisibility potion.
- Clientside/modded health indicators still work, but this works with these restrictions. If you do not hit anyone, health shows up as 10 hearts on your client by default, this is forced.

❤️ Settings & customisation

Our health indicators come with three different settings that are found in the setting menus on your platform!

View attachment 180241
Settings menu - Java

View attachment 180242
Settings menu - Bedrock

You're able to choose three options; Number (This is the default setting that is enabled), bar and off.
Number will display your teammates & opponents health as a number.
View attachment 180243
Health Indicator - Number mode

Bar will display your teammates & opponents health as a bar. Note that a light red heart means half a heart, and a dark red heart means a full heart.

View attachment 180261
Health Indicator - Bar mode

Off is used by players who want to use their clientside/modded health indicators and doesn't want it to intrude with each other.

Thanks for reading this update thread! The update was driven by our community, with their feedback, suggestions and votes making a big impact on the final result. Thank you to all of the community members that helped shape this update. Have fun and stay safe!
It would be cool if you could see it when using bow

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
Correct me if I'm wrong... but basically it allows people to know how close you are to dying so that they try and kill you more.

And so far, it seems that is true because everyone is much more aggressive. I'd like to know when this was actually voted on, cause I don't think i was around.
The thread in which you could vote was published september the third of this year :)

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains

You have the same advantage. The majority of "tryhards" probably already used a mod that showed them this info, now it's just for everyone.

That's the thread. I personally voted for option 2, but the majority wanted this. I'm fine with the update though. Doesn't really change anything gameplay wise. Though I don't like the fact that bodies stay around a bit longer than usual after a kill. Kinda annoying, especially when fighting multiple people at once.

xHappyMood

Forum Expert
Apr 10, 2020
The Land Of Pigs
It only shows when they have already hit you, so it has reduced how good dmg indicators were because before, people could just say it anytime, so I think this doesn't really make sense. They need to start fighting you first before they can see your hp.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Basketman's profile.
does only staff get access to animated profile pictures?
groove_ wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
UncleSuSpect
Eli wrote on BicolourSine41's profile.
Thank you for the follow!!!
Basketman wrote on wTBone's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
I have a question. Can we give suggestions for the forums in feedback and suggestions??
Top Bottom