Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Foxy011

Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2017
United Kingdom
Hey all, I've been thinking that maybe 1.8 games could be held in a separate lobby, rather than being mixed with 1,9.

I know a lot of people debate whether to get rid of 1.8, but at the same time, many people favour 1.8. I personally prefer 1.9 but I understand other people have different preferences.
I know Cubecraft is more of a 1.12 server, which is why in my opinion, it would be better if 1.8 games would be held in a different lobby.
I believe that removing 1.8 games would cause Cubecraft to lose players - as there would be less of a variety of choice. I think it would be best if everyone was happy, and that people who prefer 1.8 can stick to what they like, and same goes for 1.9 players.
Like me, some players like having a mix of both 1.8 and 1.9 at times!
Keeping 1.8 somewhere separate, whilst continuing to progress and grow on to 1.12 and forward on the rest of the server, I believe would attract even more players.

This is just a personal opinion, and I understand others will think differently, so feel free to express your opinions!

~Foxy011

F

Facelurite

If they do this , they should still fully update to 1.12. There's legitimately NO REASON for 1.8 and 1.12 maps to have the same blocks.

Jeff_Bllkth

Forum Expert
Jul 7, 2016
Spain
bit.ly
I believe would attract even more players.
Indeed, that is what will happen, but Cubecraft is more focussed in 1.9 version. It would be good if they added a 1.8 version of the server for all the games (only accesible if you are on MC with 1.8 version).
Yes, this could split the community, but this at the same time would attract more users so this will be worth.

AppelEterBE

Oct 5, 2016
1.8 PvP with a 1.9+ client is kind of stupid, you can't block with your sword and the knockback would be different compared to real 1.8 PvP.
Being able to Cubecraft with a 1.8 client is better imo

Commissioned

Forum Expert
Apr 9, 2016
argleton
Nope!

1.8 is 3+ years old. Are you seriously suggesting adding a separate lobby for this version? I mean, it's already very annoying that we can only use blocks from 3 years ago, let alone the Developers not being able to incorporate great new features from 1.9+ into minigames.

Reactions: Facelurite
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom