Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
I don't really like this idea. First of all, it will be messy in the chat. But it will also hurt my eyes whenever I want to read something.
I really like the basic colors now.
But maybe add an option that people - who are friends with you - get another chat color or can acces that other chat color.
Because sometimes it's hard to read or find messages from your friend if people are spamming the chat with other conversation.
It's a no from me untill now. Whenever you get another idea on this or something related to this then I will recheck it and maybe change my vote. :)

I'd actually find this really distracting while playing a game. The grey letters don't stand out that much but a chat filled with color definitely does. Eventually, I would just have play without chat just because of the irritability of this, but this would, of course, make it really hard to commuicate with my friends and give many more disadvantages. I'd rather keep it the way it is now or have an option to disable any chat effects.
Sorry but I just wouldn't like to see this in Cubecraft.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
The only way I see this not being a headache and messy to read is if there are specific colors that players can choose from (I.E. Remove all the hard to read colors). though, I would prefer if things stayed the way they are with the whole colored chat. I've not been a fan of players having access to them for a long time.
I don't think that's what this suggestion is about. I think he's/she's talking about making a system to make writing the colored chat a lot easier, not adding onto it and making all chat colored and disoriented. If that was the case, I would disagree right away. That would be annoying, and that would be messy. But I don't think that's what the thread is about, just about making it an easier way to add color when typing it.

Reactions: HenryBud

HenryBud

Apr 11, 2018
France
I don't really like this idea. First of all, it will be messy in the chat. But it will also hurt my eyes whenever I want to read something.
I really like the basic colors now.
But maybe add an option that people - who are friends with you - get another chat color or can acces that other chat color.
Because sometimes it's hard to read or find messages from your friend if people are spamming the chat with other conversation.
It's a no from me untill now. Whenever you get another idea on this or something related to this then I will recheck it and maybe change my vote. :)
I like your idea, I think I'll make a suggestion later about that. I think the middle point of this could be that the Cube programmers make a command to activate or deactivate the colors in the chat, and thus we would avoid a problem that is currently occurring.

CheatersDontWin

Forum Expert
Jun 25, 2016
Skywars.
www.google.be
I like your idea, I think I'll make a suggestion later about that. I think the middle point of this could be that the Cube programmers make a command to activate or deactivate the colors in the chat, and thus we would avoid a problem that is currently occurring.
Glad to hear that. Keep us updated :)
I also like the solution on the messy chat problem. It would be nice to have a command - or a settings in your chest - that can be added.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I don't think that's what this suggestion is about. I think he's/she's talking about making a system to make writing the colored chat a lot easier, not adding onto it and making all chat colored and disoriented. If that was the case, I would disagree right away. That would be annoying, and that would be messy. But I don't think that's what the thread is about, just about making it an easier way to add color when typing it.

In the first post, they speak about wanting a way to talk in color every time they speak in chat. I've quoted the part that speaks about it.

And each time we write we will have our color letters, without the need to put the color in each moment
So that we no longer need to put the color back before the letters to write in our favorite color.

Now, that would make chat look disorienting and annoying to look at. So, I am against it because it's already a pain to read sometimes when players use color/bold/italics/underline/magic, which makes the chat looks spammy.

HenryBud

Apr 11, 2018
France
In the first post, they speak about wanting a way to talk in color every time they speak in chat. I've quoted the part that speaks about it.

Now, that would make chat look disorienting and annoying to look at. So, I am against it because it's already a pain to read sometimes when players use color/bold/italics/underline/magic, which makes the chat looks spammy.
Yes, you are right that is annoying, what I mean with a certain color is that you can only put one color, without bold or cursive, you only have one color option. Something like / Color but for letters.
Likewise, I created this publication: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/disable-colors-in-the-chat-command.206540/
for the taste of all, since it is something that currently happens, it is very uncomfortable to see in the chat colors like those, like the ones you mentioned. :D

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
Yes, you are right that is annoying, what I mean with a certain color is that you can only put one color, without bold or cursive, you only have one color option. Something like / Color but for letters.
Likewise, I created this publication: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/disable-colors-in-the-chat-command.206540/
for the taste of all, since it is something that currently happens, it is very uncomfortable to see in the chat colors like those, like the ones you mentioned. :D
Even having only one color would make the chat look like a rainbow and at least semi-messy like one would see on those skyblock servers when someone is trying to advertise something they are selling or wanting to buy.

HenryBud

Apr 11, 2018
France
Even having only one color would make the chat look like a rainbow and at least semi-messy like one would see on those skyblock servers when someone is trying to advertise something they are selling or wanting to buy.
I think the Rainbows are beautiful, there are some maps with that name and they are cute.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I am personally against this, I'm not a fan of big bold flashy scribbles on my screen, if you want to go all colorful, you need to work for it and type those two little characters yourself :/

HenryBud

Apr 11, 2018
France
Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
Mintypie231 wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy birthday muffin! 🧁 🎉
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Muffin's profile.
Happy birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #58-
A group of flamingos is called a "flamboyance."
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on mysticil's profile.
Welcome to the forums I hope you will enjoy your stay here!:D
Top Bottom