• No

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Hello CubeCrafters!

So recently I like to play Lucky Islands, and you also can receive a cat or a dog from lucky blocks. But what has happened sometimes is that people give a "name tag" where I really think about something, what's up in your mind of giving a name like that. And I mean... BAD words. So I saw "I hate NIGGERS", "Niggers", "Cancer asshole" and so on. First of all, I don't swear with that and I don't give my animals such names. Look, you can only report if it is used against someone, WHY!? So if you say "Cancer Asshole" isn't it muteable? In Team Lucky Islands I can also report for it but the problem is that it is difficult but also only when it is against someone. I think it's quite rude if you already give such a name and especially to someone else.

My suggestion is to just delete that name tag or that you can report if you already use such a name as I said above. Even if it has not been used against anyone.

Thanks for reading and see ya!

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hello CubeCrafters!

So recently I like to play Lucky Islands, and you also can receive a cat or a dog from lucky blocks. But what has happened sometimes is that people give a "name tag" where I really think about something, what's up in your mind of giving a name like that. And I mean... BAD words. So I saw "I hate NIGGERS", "Niggers", "Cancer asshole" and so on. First of all, I don't swear with that and I don't give my animals such names. Look, you can only report if it is used against someone, WHY!? So if you say "Cancer Asshole" isn't it muteable? In Team Lucky Islands I can also report for it but the problem is that it is difficult but also only when it is against someone. I think it's quite rude if you already give such a name and especially to someone else.

My suggestion is to just delete that name tag or that you can report if you already use such a name as I said above. Even if it has not been used against anyone.

Thanks for reading and see ya!

Hi, thanks for your suggestion!

This did not happen to me yet but I can imagine how offensive this can be.

Things like this are very inappropriate and should definitely be punishable. This shouldn't be allowed even though it's not targetted at someone "I hate Niggers" is definitely targetted at a group. Cubecraft is a child friendly server and we have to keep it that way!

I voted yes!

Last edited:

Jukaido

Dedicated Member
Mar 18, 2020
If someone else gets the nametag of your dog/cat or someone else their dog/cat they could name it whatever they want to. Same with naming swords, bows and other items. There is no way of knowing who named it.

Reactions: Zathelas

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
I agree that this behaviour should be punished, but muting someone can't hold the player from doing it again. (You can still name pets when you are muted from the chat)

Also when someone gets muted from the chat that is because he broke the chat rules. Giving your animals bad names isn't a chat offense so being punished with a mute doesn't seem like the right punishment. It is a hard matter tho.

I really liked your suggestion of adding some kind of filter to the name tags so people can't name their animals bad names. If this was possible, for example with the same words as in the current chat filter, that would be great!

Good suggestion! :)

D

Deleted member 492126

Giving your pet an inappropriate name is already punishable, it's considered as trolling. The punishment track is Warning - 1d ban - 7d ban - 30d ban - Permanent ban

Reactions: Maaarijn

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
Giving your pet an inappropriate name is already punishable, it's considered as trolling. The punishment track is Warning - 1d ban - 7d ban - 30d ban - Permanent ban
Okay, maybe I didn't find it too clear in the rules. It does indeed say of bullying, upsetting or annoying a player. But there was nothing with a name tag but I think it is clear enough now.

Reactions: Maaarijn

Ferrcho

Jun 24, 2019
Spain
I think it might be a great idea, since, as you say, a lot of people give those pets insults or inappropriate names. I agree with you. +1

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I’ve made a suggestion thread about naming items, and it will be clarified in the next rules update. It’d be nice for them to clarify this too. +1

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
are people seriously upset with a little swearing
"Little Swearing", sometimes those nametags are quite rasistic and CubeCraft is really against that. Imagine, you have a darker skin (no racist) and people start swearing against you because of that, do you like that? It's punishable and I didn't know name tags were also punishable because it doesn't show it in the rules.

Reactions: Queen Ualala

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
"Little Swearing", sometimes those nametags are quite rasistic and CubeCraft is really against that. Imagine, you have a darker skin (no racist) and people start swearing against you because of that, do you like that? It's punishable and I didn't know name tags were also punishable because it doesn't show it in the rules.
Yeah that’s a good point actually. Sorry for my post it was quite dumb

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom