Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Leeberator

Apr 20, 2016
Introduction:

Hey, guys!

Every month, I will be doing a PC build, whose purpose and budget will be determined by you guys. I won't actually be making the PC and testing it; rather, I will be providing a parts list that you can use if you want to build a new PC.

Because this is the first month I'll be doing this, I will pick the budget and purpose. This month, we will be going over a $400 gaming PC.

Parts List:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($59.99 @ B&H)
Motherboard: Asus - H110M-A/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($53.36 @ B&H)
Memory: *Team - Elite Plus 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($51.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk - SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($54.99 @ B&H)
Video Card: *EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card ($129.89 @ B&H)
Case: Rosewill - SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($19.99 @ Jet)
Power Supply: EVGA - 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($33.69 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $403.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-05-21 02:49 EDT-0400

The Parts in Detail:

CPU:
  • The Pentium G4560 is a killer chip. For $50-60, you get what is essentially an i3 with a slightly lower clock speed and a little less cache. In gaming and many other applications, these small differences do not gimp the CPU - in testing, it's right up there with 6th- and 7th-Gen Core i3 processors even under heavy gaming workloads. Unlike its older brothers, the G4400 and G3258, the G4560 features Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology - a feature that doubles the CPU's available threads so it can perform somewhere between a dual-core and a true quad-core chip.
Motherboard:
  • The Asus H110M-A/M.2 is a cheap, solid motherboard. It has many bells and whistles that you'd typically find on more expensive boards - good expansion slot spacing, an M.2 slot, lots of rear I/O - yet only costs around $50. This motherboard simply can't be beat.
RAM:
  • Memory chips come from a small collection of factories, so the brand you pick is almost meaningless when it comes to performance and reliability. Since this is a no-frills budget gaming PC, we went with the cheapest single 8GB stick on the market. It's rated for 2400MHz and our board only supports up to 2133, but that's alright - the motherboard will simply downclock the RAM to 2133 on its own.
Storage:
  • This one is a bit of a toss-up. $50 will either get you a decent 120GB SSD or a nice 1TB hard drive, like a WD Blue. I prefer including SSD's in my builds wherever possible, but if you don't mind the slower speed of a hard drive and need more storage, feel free to swap this one out.
GPU:
  • The GTX 1050 Ti is the perfect fit for our budget, delivering very good 1080p performance for less than $150. Buying from a top-tier board partner like EVGA, you'll get the benefits of a great warranty and outstanding customer service if something goes awry. If you favor a different brand, feel free to swap this out for another 1050 Ti.
Case:
  • Rosewill has re-used this case's internal layout (or small variations of it) in many of their products, most notably the FBM series. I've built systems in the FBM-02, and while the case metal is a little thin, it's perfectly capable of housing a PC. The included front and rear fans are a very nice touch.
PSU:
  • Like I do with graphics cards, I tend to lean heavily towards EVGA for power supplies. For the money you spend, you get best-in-class reliability and performance, coupled with EVGA's stellar warranty and customer service. This 450W unit provides plenty of power for our system (which is rated at 204W), and will even handle upgrades up to an i7 and GTX 1080, with wattage to spare.

Conclusion:

There you have it - my first monthly PC build. Let me know if you'd like to see one next month - and if you do, feel free to pitch an idea for the next build!

Last edited:

Leeberator

Apr 20, 2016
Is this not the second time that you post it?
I am curious to your result :)
This is the first time I've posted this here. In the future, I plan on posting it on my own website first, then copy-paste it here. I would simply link to my forum if I could, but that could be considered advertising.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom