Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Probably a thread about this already but... this gamemode have to be removed or at least change a bit.

I heard people talking about players with obsidian rank joining the game, voting for quick start and hardcore mode, I thought that it wasn't a that big problem since I haven't played Tower Defence for a while but I just played a game and some other people with obi rank voted for hardcore and jeez, it was so boring, lame and annoying.

A lot of people use this to farm wins now and it's so hard to defend your castle against this since if it's also quick start, then people can buy zombiepigmen and send them in the start which is impossible to defend against with towers because you don't have time to build because it take a bit longer to build when it's hardcore so you have to kill them with sword and you are not able to send monters to the other team, not able to build anything, not able to just enjoy the game.

So please do something about this so people can enjoy the game more.

My suggestion is to either remove this gamemode or maybe fix the time on the towerbuilding. Would also make the waiting time to be able to send monsters longer.

ymbmg

Jul 16, 2016
I've heard from HurmitCurtis that one of the players is able to get roughly 200 wins per day. By the way, I've seen thread after thread posted in the Tower Defence section of the forums. If you check on what the players wanted as opposed to the update that happened some time last year, you'll notice that most suggestions were ignored. I don't like being the player that says it, but it's like Cubecraft frowns upon its Tower Defence community.

Don't take my word for it, look here:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/b...wer-defense-ranking-system-and-league.170029/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/request-for-the-return-of-classic-mode.195553/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-gamemode-classic.195421/

All of the votes on those threads had 90% or more of the players agree to changes that they wanted to see. None of the suggestions were added. Instead, Tower Defence was remodeled entirely. The prices of almost every mob and every tower were changed, the goldmine upgrades (that's how fast you earn coins in-game) changed, new game-modes were added, and the lobby was remade. If you browse through the forums, you'll find that no one wanted the goldmine upgrades re-balanced, no one wanted the lobby remade, and few players suggested things like new game-modes. I'm really tired of posting replies that look this negative. If you look back at the latest year of posts on the forums, you'll notice that posts from Manchot999, Dart monkey, and several other players just left entirely. I'm not going to count the number of threads asking for the return of the votekick command or the threads asking why it's gone. There are threads about players misplacing towers constantly.

I'm ymbmg95 in-game. I was Cubecraft's first Pokemon Master (the achievement given to a player that's sent one million mobs) and I was once the player with the second highest number of wins. I have over 29 days in Tower Defence. I have around 1,800 some wins. I haven't played a game in over one year and I'm still on one of the leader-boards. I'm only trying to help the community because a few friends still play.

It would be nice if an executive staff member, preferably one that oversees development, would just spend around an hour and a half and just read all of the last 5 pages of the Tower Defence forums and realize how grim the situation really is. The hardcore game-mode just scratches the surface of the problems that the community faces. Maybe I'll post another thread about it some other time.

Also, there's another thread about it here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/voting-hardcore-mode-quick-start.197157/

Last edited:

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I've heard from HurmitCurtis that one of the players is able to get roughly 200 wins per day. By the way, I've seen thread after thread posted in the Tower Defence section of the forums. If you check on what the players wanted as opposed to the update that happened some time last year, you'll notice that most suggestions were ignored. I don't like being the player that says it, but it's like Cubecraft frowns upon its Tower Defence community.

Don't take my word for it, look here:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/b...wer-defense-ranking-system-and-league.170029/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/request-for-the-return-of-classic-mode.195553/
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/new-gamemode-classic.195421/

All of the votes on those threads had 90% or more of the players agree to changes that they wanted to see. None of the suggestions were added. Instead, Tower Defence was remodeled entirely. The prices of almost every mob and every tower were changed, the goldmine upgrades (that's how fast you earn coins in-game) changed, new game-modes were added, and the lobby was remade. If you browse through the forums, you'll find that no one wanted the goldmine upgrades re-balanced, no one wanted the lobby remade, and few players suggested things like new game-modes. I'm really tired of posting replies that look this negative. If you look back at the latest year of posts on the forums, you'll notice that posts from Manchot999, Dart monkey, and several other players just left entirely. I'm not going to count the number of threads asking for the return of the votekick command or the threads asking why it's gone. There are threads about players misplacing towers constantly.

I'm ymbmg95 in-game. I was Cubecraft's first Pokemon Master (the achievement given to a player that's sent one million mobs) and I was once the player with the second highest number of wins. I have over 29 days in Tower Defence. I have around 1,800 some wins. I haven't played a game in over one year and I'm still on one of the leader-boards. I'm only trying to help the community because a few friends still play.

It would be nice if an executive staff member, preferably one that oversees development, would just spend around an hour and a half and just read all of the last 5 pages of the Tower Defence forums and realize how grim the situation really is. The hardcore game-mode just scratches the surface of the problems that the community faces. Maybe I'll post another thread about it some other time.

Also, there's another thread about it here: https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/voting-hardcore-mode-quick-start.197157/
I just made the thread to bring it up again since staff have to do something about this. It's hard to even get a "real" game to start because those players with obsidian rank just join from nowhere and vote and it's not fun at all.

I said something about it in a game yesterday, that the game wasn't fun at all and stuff, they just said "Maybe not for you but we get fast and izi wins so we don't care."
That just prove how much people care about just getting win after win because they want to be on the leaderboard to get noticed by other players.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Maybe not remove it but fix it
I would actually like them to remove it by now since when they added this, people started to rush with silverfish, they fixed it with changed the price on the monsters.

Now people started to rush with other monsters instead and they can't keep changing it over and over again since people will find their ways to farm.

Reactions: Chitter

Quetzi

Jun 7, 2017
@quetzi
quetzi.tv
I was made aware of the 'abuse' of the hardcore voting option recently, I would agree that there probably needs to be an across the board rebalancing in certain aspects of the game, that would take quite a while to implement however. I'm looking into the feasibility of removing the hardcore option on a temporary basis until we can devote more resources for a more comprehensive 'fix'. I'm not usually a fan of removing things, but in this case it would just be a temporary thing. I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts before I push forward with this though.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I was made aware of the 'abuse' of the hardcore voting option recently, I would agree that there probably needs to be an across the board rebalancing in certain aspects of the game, that would take quite a while to implement however. I'm looking into the feasibility of removing the hardcore option on a temporary basis until we can devote more resources for a more comprehensive 'fix'. I'm not usually a fan of removing things, but in this case it would just be a temporary thing. I'm interested to hear peoples thoughts before I push forward with this though.
I would actually be very happy if it got remove even if it's just temporary since I don't like to play games that ends in under 5 mins and you don't even get to play the game. People just rush, get fast wins and get on the leaderboard without even deserving it.

I also think if you removed it temporary and players liked it, you could keep it that way since more people can enjoy the real Tower Defence then.

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net

Does that mean I can't farm wins anymore? D:

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
Just a tip how to easy defend it. And some of my thougts.
Put a poison tower lvl 4, path 1 at the start of the game. Place it at the start of the 'line' (idk what it's called). The pigmen will be at 3 bars at the 3/4 of the 'line'. Just put a few artillery there to finish the pigmen. After a few games of td, playing both with and against those kind of players I've learned. It's not too hard to defend.
But I still agree. This way to farm wins should be stoped in some way. If removing hardcore is the right thing to balance it... idk. I'd rather see the pigmens nerfed in some way. Maybe removed from hardcore.

Reactions: Miauw

TheDarkSavage

Dedicated Member
Mar 5, 2018
Who knows?
www.cubecraft.net
Put a poison tower lvl 4, path 1 at the start of the game. Place it at the start of the 'line' (idk what it's called). The pigmen will be at 3 bars at the 3/4 of the 'line'. Just put a few artillery there to finish the pigmen. After a few games of td, playing both with and against those kind of players I've learned. It's not too hard to defend.
But I still agree. This way to farm wins should be stoped in some way. If removing hardcore is the right thing to balance it... idk. I'd rather see the pigmens nerfed in some way. Maybe removed from hardcore.

Shhhhhh

I like farming wins :)

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
If it's hardcore, it take too long time to build towers and if you're the only one who build, then it's hard :/

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
If it's hardcore, it take too long time to build towers and if you're the only one who build, then it's hard
It's still enough time to build the towers if you're going for the poison tower the first you do.

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
It's still enough time to build the towers if you're going for the poison tower the first you do.
Not really since if it's quick start, you get coins pretty slow, if you're the only one who build + upgrade towers, you will not have enough coins + you are not able to send anything to the other team so they can just keep sending monsters to you.

Kloska

Duckerator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 3, 2016
Sweden
Not really since if it's quick start, you get coins pretty slow, if you're the only one who build + upgrade towers, you will not have enough coins + you are not able to send anything to the other team so they can just keep sending monsters to you
Yes, you are able to build the only defence needed as I just mentioned before. That you might not have enough money to send mobs might be right. But you still can send mobs after killing the mobs on your side, cus they give you coins. It might take a while to get more money. But you will survive the pigmen rush.

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016
lol legend more than half the people who play do not now how to place towers tidy let alone know that a poison does that! lets not forget the dry strat! and for those who do not know what that is its where they are purposefully delaying u of exp by not killing ur troops and only letting the castle guards kill them!

HurmitCurtis

Jul 18, 2016

i am in favour of this temporary removal of this mode until staff are able to devise a way to fix the balance on it, i think that is a great idea "outstanding" result if it is implemented and Quetzi you have totally restored my faith :)

Reactions: Livvv

Livvv

Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
Yes, you are able to build the only defence needed as I just mentioned before. That you might not have enough money to send mobs might be right. But you still can send mobs after killing the mobs on your side, cus they give you coins. It might take a while to get more money. But you will survive the pigmen rush.
You can't really defend yourself if 5 players keep sending them, your team don't help you and you don't have any coins and even if you survive, it's still not fun at all.

Reactions: HurmitCurtis
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! I hope you have/had a good day today!:D
Reesle wrote on Abodz's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Roxlad's profile.
Happy Birthday ^-^
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ferrcho's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Top Bottom