Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Hardcore Eggwars is an awful mode, we all know why:

Overpriced food
Overpriced Armor
Overpriced Blocks
Costly Obsidian
Gapple, Egg armor and Buffer kits are Overpowered on this mode.

I think this mode is great because of costly gapples. Actually, I dont even remember if there ARE gapples, because this mode is so frequently outvoted.

So, my proposals:
Make food cheap. Same price range as normal mode

Gapples remain expensive, or make gapples cost 5 diamonds. Add instant-health pots for 10 diamonds.

Obsidian remains expensive, but since we’ve added endstone to beta eggwars it shoul not be a huge issue

Block the Gapple kit on this mode

Countering close-range bow spamming, (shooting 5 arrows in a second w/o charging) - Shield cost reduced to 5 diamond

On some maps it’s easy to accumulate gold as the game goes on. Gold farmers, will eventually be able to encase their egg in thick casings of layers of obsidian. This is a possible problem, since natural health regeneration will be disabled. Add an efficiency 4 diamond pickaxe for 64 diamonds.

I hope these suggestions will be applied and tested out, since hardcore is a hated and atrocious gamemode. I enjoy the lack of gapple chugging, however, which is why I believe hardcore mode out to be revamped.

Add Enderpearls to HC mode for 64 diamonds, make it cheaper on OP.

Last edited:

colinverp

May 5, 2020
Helmond netherlands

Overpriced food
Overpriced Armor
Overpriced Blocks
Costly Obsidian

I think this mode is great because of costly gapples. Actually, I dont even remember if there ARE gapples, because this mode is so frequently outvoted.

So, my proposals:

Gapples remain expensive, or make gapples cost 5 diamonds. Add instant-health pots for 10 diamonds.

Obsidian remains expensive, but since we’ve added endstone to beta eggwars it shoul not be a huge issue

Countering close-range bow spamming, (shooting 5 arrows in a second w/o charging) - Shield cost reduced to 5 diamond

On some maps it’s easy to accumulate gold as the game goes on. Gold farmers, will eventually be able to encase their egg in thick casings of layers of obsidian. This is a possible problem, since natural health regeneration will be disabled. Add an efficiency 4 diamond pickaxe for 64 diamonds.

I hope these suggestions will be applied and tested out, since hardcore is a hated and atrocious gamemode. I enjoy the lack of gapple chugging, however, which is why I believe hardcore mode out to be revamped.
I do not agree with this. but I think it should be changed. like: food and blocks less expensive, delete golden apples and obsidian from this gamemode, these items are very overpowered in this mode and encourage camping. it should be a little bit like basic skyward I think, the stuff that you can get there should be compared to that, so you can still have quick matches, but they can still take long.
another option is: remove the basic gamemode and add an extra OP gamemode, where there is no leather armour and no wooden swords, but there are higher protection dia armour etc. this wat you get a completely different way of playing the game. but still eggwars like I think.

Reactions: Queen Ualala

Wauterrr

Dedicated Member
Oct 1, 2016
The Unknown
Thats the whole point of playing hardcore. Stuff is more expensive so you'ill need to think twice how you spend your resources. Also I think you need to see iron as rare as diamonds since you need more iron you buy your stuff. Most of the people collect their diamonds from the generator even when they dont need diamond at that exact moment. Why? Because its a waste of diamonds when the generator is full, so you collect them and the generator generates more diamonds. In hardcore you should do the same for iron. Put the iron in a chest so you or your teammates can use them for later since collecting a full iron generator in hardcore isnt enough to buy a whole your stuff however in normal and overpowered it is enough iron to collect from one generator and buy your stuff. So another thing which is very useful in hardcore is to upgrade your iron generators with gold. In normal and overpowered do I rarely see upgraded iron generators because it isnt needed to upgrade them. In hardcore however it is very useful since you need way more iron. About removing the gapples need need to be in hardcore since thats the only way to regain health (not including the health potion in beta). About the kits, yes some kits are stronger in hardcore then others but eggarmour is completely useless in overpowered since you cam buy a full leather set for only 4 iron which has prot 5. Bowspamming has always been an issue ik ever gamemode of eggwars and nobody buys a shield reducing the cost will probably help only a little. Adding a eff IV pickaxe will help against the layers obsidian but its very expensive, I would make the pickaxe 40 diamonds just like it is in the overpowered gamemode for the best pickaxe.

Calichin

Dedicated Member
Aug 20, 2019
Americaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Well, people who choose hardcore probably enjoy it because of these changes it has to the original mode. I don’t think changing it would be the best move, because whoever votes for it does for a reason.

Just a heads up, you might wanna change the tag to “all networks” since this isn’t a discord suggestion, but rather a java and bedrock suggestion :)

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
i think you guys have rasied pretty awesome points and I agree with much of what you all say. It’s interesting actually, let’s see what others have to say.

Also, I tagged the thread discord because the thread is bound to cause some chaos

Apr 8, 2020
Netherlands
I don't agree to change hardcore, the people who vote for this do this for a reason because they like it. (Maybe because they are good at this) If you see people in the lobby hardcore hardcore, you can always join another game. (Don't leave in a game)

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands

Overpriced food
Overpriced Armor
Overpriced Blocks
Costly Obsidian

So, my proposals:

(This is not a Discord suggestion so I suggest you change it to the destinated suggestion tag like Java or Bedrock)

U can ask yourself why people want to play hardcore. People are playing hardcore with friends because they like it. This gamemode is hard to get. It's not too op so it will become pure skill. Iron is very important in this gamemode. You'll have to make armour which price is fair because it's a very important item (20 iron per armour piece) a sword (wood is 32 iron) and blocks (1 iron per block) this will make people rush less and it will make the game last longer and there are people who like long games. Steak is very expensive yes, but food is not the thing you need in hardcore, it will only take care of you being abled to sprint so food is not a problem cuz you won't regen (you only regen 2 hp with golden apples). Obsidian being too expensive isn't true. Obsidian is the best defencal block you can get in the eggwars game, this price is balanced since not everyone gets a diamond pickaxe.

Reactions: FloLoFlo

Shindou

Sep 14, 2018
it would be nice to see more hardcore games but the flow of the game is just a bit slow for it to be played a lot now. If things would go faster i'm sure it'd get voted for every now and then!

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
My main point of contention is that expensive food isnt making the game hard, it’s making it tedious and unfun.
I don't agree to change hardcore, the people who vote for this do this for a reason because they like it. (Maybe because they are good at this) If you see people in the lobby hardcore hardcore, you can always join another game. (Don't leave in a game)
i like hardcore, others dont because of it’s serious issues which need to be straightened out. I’m sick of OP half.

LeCastel

Dedicated Member
Aug 23, 2016
The Shattered Plains
The only thing hardcore about hardcore is the fact that hearts don't regenerate without golden apples. I like that. Other than that the mode is utter garbage.

"Haha, so hard, I can barely make a piece of food and a handful of blocks." ... Barely anyone likes it.

Reactions: Queen Ualala

DEMON_K4T4N4

Mar 24, 2020
Spain
Well,in my opinion i dont like hardcore mode,but should not get removed because this mode as his name says is HARDCORE if u dont like that mode just try to avoid that mode,but should keep in the game

Colleeee

Jan 31, 2020
The backyard.
Hey CubeCrafter!

I totally agree with some of your ideas.
But I disagree with some of them. I mean okay the food and blocks and stuff that you basicly need should be less expensive.
But the golden apples should not be 5 diamonds or anything.
And the bow idea doesn't sounds fun at all for me.
Imagine your building a bridge and there's someone bowspamming you really bad.
Some of us can recover after 1 shot from a normal bow while building.
But if the person shoots 10 arrows at ones the change of surviving is 10%.
I like the efford you put in this tho!
Have a nice day :D.

Queen Ualala

May 4, 2020
Hey CubeCrafter!

I totally agree with some of your ideas.
But I disagree with some of them. I mean okay the food and blocks and stuff that you basicly need should be less expensive.
But the golden apples should not be 5 diamonds or anything.
And the bow idea doesn't sounds fun at all for me.
Imagine your building a bridge and there's someone bowspamming you really bad.
Some of us can recover after 1 shot from a normal bow while building.
But if the person shoots 10 arrows at ones the change of surviving is 10%.
I like the efford you put in this tho!
Have a nice day :D.
I’m going to edit the thread to add enderpearld to all gamemodes. 64 diamonds, that should be enough. Thanks
i disagree to sorry.
👻

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

vPhaseAsu wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713905163373.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
ninjaaleen wrote on qKhalidd's profile.
hi
UncleSpect wrote on itsfadedaway's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on Valyo_nepobedim's profile.
thank you for the follow! 🎈
Top Bottom