Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you agree with me?

• Total voters

RickDeKlomp

Forum Expert
Jun 11, 2017
The Netherlands
Hi, I'm back with a small suggestion.

Currently, creators of accepted maps don't have any credits in-game as far as I know. Which is why I thought about adding something to the EggWars map icons, that already exists for Duel kits.

2019-12-08_01.25.22.png
2019-12-08_01.24.50.png
2019-12-08_01.24.42.png
As you see, when you hover over the kit icons, it'll give the creator credit. I'd like to see the same thing for accepted maps. In this case:
Arcade
By Priley

This will give the creator(s) of the map more credit, which is something they deserve after putting so much time and effort into the map in my opinion.
I don't think a map built by a Designer should get credit for building a map, since it's their job, and it's less impressive for a builder to have your map implemented. Besides, that might get a little chaotic. But since only a few community maps are accepted, I think it will be a good idea to give the creator(s) more credit.

Edit: It's not all about credit, I think it would also be cool to see which map is made by the community!

-Rick

Last edited:

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Personally, I get enough satisfaction from playing my map and random people coming up to me to congratulate me. I feel like this is totally different with kits, I think the satisfaction is less because after all, it's just a kit.

I have been contacted by management and they have told me I will be credited in another way - not sure if I can reveal that though :P

I'm sort of neutral

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
This will happen more when you get more credit. Besides, I don't think it's that hard to implement this.
Although it was nice to have a few strangers congratulate me, I already get enough satisfaction by playing the map itself, as I said.
I never claimed it would be difficult to implement, I just don't see the point of it. As I said, I am getting credited soon but in another way

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hi, I'm back with a small suggestion.

Currently, creators of accepted maps don't have any credits in-game as far as I know. Which is why I thought about adding something to the EggWars map icons, that already exists for Duel kits.

As you see, when you hover over the kit icons, it'll give the creator credit. I'd like to see the same thing for accepted maps. In this case:
Arcade
By Priley

This will give the creator(s) of the map more credit, which is something they deserve after putting so much time and effort into the map in my opinion.
I don't think a map built by a Designer should get credit for building a map, since it's their job, and it's less impressive for a builder to have your map implemented. Besides, that might get a little chaotic. But since only a few community maps are accepted, I think it will be a good idea to give the creator(s) more credit.

Edit: It's not all about credit, I think it would also be cool to see which map is made by the community!

-Rick
I don’t see why not. I don’t think it’s immediately necessary, or tbh it never will. I’ll be honest, there isn’t bigger of a reward than playing on your own map on your favorite game. A game you’ve played for years, and you’ve grown to love. Plus having your friends and your acquaintances take their time to message you about the map you’ve created.
I personally wouldn’t appreciate my name up there as much xd but probably some other people would!

Last edited:
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aratic wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
888CE285-5E28-4694-ABEA-3BABCFA6FDE4.jpeg

I’m slowly going to take over all the polarbears, jimothy is first and he is my TeamReach pfp, you won’t be able to stop me :)
UncleSpect wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Top Bottom