Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dcseal

Jul 4, 2017
California
I'm fully aware to the fact that if Cube craft actually wants giants to be this way and made them SO op so they could be this way, this entire argument is worthless. Otherwise, here we go:

The title says what I need to really get spoken. I really think giants need a nerf on health. Or damage, or speed. But health is the biggie here. Below is a video that proves that giants really just tank through anything, and while it's not the best example, I guarantee that i've lost to only ONE giant being spawned on me with a better tower then the enemy in this video. It works almost every time. At this point, I've simply found a way to grind XP and Cubelets. You just do this:

Spam zombies.
Upgrade goldmine.
Spam zombies.
Upgrade goldmine.
*Sometimes I like to buy spiders to make it go slightly faster*
Spam zombies/*spiders*
Send one giant.
Win.

Here's the video. I explain some reasoning in the video as well, with slow typing as i'm too busy laughing at how OP the giants really are.
*The kids in the video aren't me, those are my friends. Sorry, forgot to mute them.*

The only time that I lose while doing this strategy is only two reasons:

1. The entire other team has premium towers, and they've got a really good tower lineup, which may I say in my experience never happens, you just can't communicate with randoms and people in general aren't always the pro's, which is totally fine with me. Then, and then only is the giant killed.

2. Every single person on your team does this and no one builds towers, resulting in you dying from zombie spam.

I can admit with full honesty that I've won doing this strat with my friends multiple times, and lost to it because people have beaten me to getting giants. Whoever places one first wins unless the two reasons above are in play. I've only seen a giant killed ONCE. And yes, the tower lineup was nothing like I've seen before.

So what's the point? Zombies need a nerf on health because they tank through anything unless it's a ridicolous lineup, encouraging that a max of two people completely ignore the basis of the game and do this while the rest build a small defense. Whoever places giants first wins if the other team's doing the same. There's no point in playing a diverse amount of troops. To me, it feels like nothing is able to make it through and I never use anything else. This is the only way I win, and I'd honestly be more happy if I couldn't win anymore and the giants were troops, not winning conditions.

Oh and don't be that one guy that posts a "I know everything and i'm going to scream at you why you're stupid and wrong in horrible grammar because i'm an expert!" comments.
It's just an opinion with backup, dude.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
Okay, I haven't played TD in a long time, but I don't think they updated it too much, but here's my opinion.

I believe some towers like Zeus towers and (maybe) leech towers do a bunch of damage to it, but some towers do okay damage to it, but it has too much HP.

So basically you don't have Zeus towers? You're dead.

I think they should remove the death spawn from the giants of slimes, but keep the normal giant. Also reduce damage from Zeus towers to compensate.

Reactions: Dcseal

Dcseal

Jul 4, 2017
California
Okay, I haven't played TD in a long time, but I don't think they updated it too much, but here's my opinion.

I believe some towers like Zeus towers and (maybe) leech towers do a bunch of damage to it, but some towers do okay damage to it, but it has too much HP.

So basically you don't have Zeus towers? You're dead.

I think they should remove the death spawn from the giants of slimes, but keep the normal giant. Also reduce damage from Zeus towers to compensate.
I think that's a really good idea.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm fully aware to the fact that if Cube craft actually wants giants to be this way and made them SO op so they could be this way, this entire argument is worthless. Otherwise, here we go:

The title says what I need to really get spoken. I really think giants need a nerf on health. Or damage, or speed. But health is the biggie here. Below is a video that proves that giants really just tank through anything, and while it's not the best example, I guarantee that i've lost to only ONE giant being spawned on me with a better tower then the enemy in this video. It works almost every time. At this point, I've simply found a way to grind XP and Cubelets. You just do this:

Spam zombies.
Upgrade goldmine.
Spam zombies.
Upgrade goldmine.
Spam zombies/*spiders*
Send one giant.
Win.

Here's the video. I explain some reasoning in the video as well, with slow typing as i'm too busy laughing at how OP the giants really are.
*The kids in the video aren't me, those are my friends. Sorry, forgot to mute them.*

1. The entire other team has premium towers, and they've got a really good tower lineup, which may I say in my experience never happens, you just can't communicate with randoms and people in general aren't always the pro's, which is totally fine with me. Then, and then only is the giant killed.

2. Every single person on your team does this and no one builds towers, resulting in you dying from zombie spam.

I can admit with full honesty that I've won doing this strat with my friends multiple times, and lost to it because people have beaten me to getting giants. Whoever places one first wins unless the two reasons above are in play. I've only seen a giant killed ONCE. And yes, the tower lineup was nothing like I've seen before.

So what's the point? Zombies need a nerf on health because they tank through anything unless it's a ridicolous lineup, encouraging that a max of two people completely ignore the basis of the game and do this while the rest build a small defense. Whoever places giants first wins if the other team's doing the same. There's no point in playing a diverse amount of troops. To me, it feels like nothing is able to make it through and I never use anything else. This is the only way I win, and I'd honestly be more happy if I couldn't win anymore and the giants were troops, not winning conditions.

Oh and don't be that one guy that posts a "I know everything and i'm going to scream at you why you're stupid and wrong in horrible grammar because i'm an expert!" comments.

Also the Giants are rare in a game and if you get one you should be given a medal or something...
The whole point of working your way up with EXP and Coins is to unlock more more possiblitys to advanced and place pressure...
Its the whole part of the game!

Also thats not how you get it
Thats impossible...

-_-
plz...

If you want help look at TD help and suggestions... But giants will not be nerfed at anytime... TD update coming soon has nothing to do with it...

Inqredible

Jul 3, 2017
I think that the giant is fairly balanced since a specific group of towers ( Leach and Zues ) were created to destroy the giant. But you're supposed to put more than 1 zues or leach tower to destroy the giant. But I personally think that the part where the giant dies and spawns the magma cubes and slimes should be REMOVED from the game since it's too overpowered, the slime and magmacube part truly makes it a winning condition.

Krealίxx

Novice Member
Nov 27, 2016
Earth
I think that the giant is fairly balanced since a specific group of towers ( Leach and Zues ) were created to destroy the giant. But you're supposed to put more than 1 zues or leach tower to destroy the giant. But I personally think that the part where the giant dies and spawns the magma cubes and slimes should be REMOVED from the game since it's too overpowered, the slime and magmacube part truly makes it a winning condition.

Yup, and that's why I said to slightly nerf the Zeus towers, but remove the magma cube and slime spawn. The thing is, zeus and leach towers are suppose to kill the giant, but when there isn't one who has it unlocked, you basically can't kill even 1 giant with maxed out normal towers.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
Giants are definitely not a winning condition.:p Even a TD nub like me can beat a few giants just by using things like meteor shower AOEs. @MidnightMailman actually made a vid showing his team quickly killing off a rush of 5-6 giants. If you skip to the 3:30 mark you'll see it

I think giants are fine the way they are. If they were nerfed games would probably drag on indefinitely.

Dcseal

Jul 4, 2017
California
Also the Giants are rare in a game and if you get one you should be given a medal or something...
The whole point of working your way up with EXP and Coins is to unlock more more possiblitys to advanced and place pressure...
Its the whole part of the game!

Also thats not how you get it.
Thats impossible...

-_-
plz...

If you want help look at TD help and suggestions... But giants will not be nerfed at anytime... TD update coming soon has nothing to do with it...
"Oh and don't be that one guy that posts a "I know everything and i'm going to scream at you why you're stupid and wrong in horrible grammar because i'm an expert!" comments.
It's just an opinion with backup, dude."

I don't understand anything you really said in that.

Dcseal

Jul 4, 2017
California
Giants are definitely not a winning condition.:p Even a TD nub like me can beat a few giants just by using things like meteor shower AOEs. @MidnightMailman actually made a vid showing his team quickly killing off a rush of 5-6 giants. If you skip to the 3:30 mark you'll see it

I think giants are fine the way they are. If they were nerfed games would probably drag on indefinitely.
Maybe this might be partly true, but most of the time when you play TD you que up with people that just don't know what they're doing and they just can't take the giant.

Dcseal

Jul 4, 2017
California
"Oh and don't be that one guy that posts a "I know everything and i'm going to scream at you why you're stupid and wrong in horrible grammar because i'm an expert!" comments.
Problem is, if they nerf it, Tower Defense games will drag for a very long time. A duration of a single game is already long enough in my opinion.
True, but I think the fact that people barely survive the giant anyway, if it's nerfed, armageddon mode is a last chance for them to buff stuff, otherwise it'll end the game keeping it short anyway.

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him

I don't understand anything you really said in that.

I SAID IT VERY CLEAR -_-
Ill sum it up with NO!
Re-Read...

hyena3000

Sep 24, 2015
As long as your teammates don't screw up the map too much you can handle 1 or 2 giants alone. But I do agree that without their healthbars being visible (on most maps), it's harder without special towers.

Spleefy

Novice Member
May 27, 2017
Arcade
I've never seen the giant as "op" or a "winning condition". And I've also never seen it as the first team to rush a giant wins.

This line of thinking is probably why people have a decent ground defense at the expense of a good air defense in fear of the giant. At the same time, people usually rush the giant without first looking at the other team's defense composition and thus oblivious to the several necromancers they have along with a good ground defense.

When I play, I just send "finishers" based on the other team's defense composition. In most cases, I usually end up almost always sending blaze with speed (and occasionally regen pots) since the other team usually have everything set up for giants but very little for fliers.

I like it how it is because it would be boring if the game was too easy... and nerfing the giants would do just that. I love when the other team sends giants (preferably more than one) and that the giants split into cubes -- it makes TD all the more epic.

ChaosConjurer

Dedicated Member
Aug 30, 2016
Canada

Spam zombies.
Upgrade goldmine.
Spam zombies.
Upgrade goldmine.
Spam zombies/*spiders*
Send one giant.
Win.

After reading your entire thread, I must disagree that Giants are overpowered. While they can be hard to defeat for new players, and I do see them as win condition, I do not see them being overpowered since they can be easily countered by a single player with a Necromancer Tower that knows what he or she is doing. All you need to defeat one Giant is two Necromancer Towers (Level 3), one Ice Tower (Level 4), and two slowness AoEs. That alone can stop a single Giant relatively easily. You will still need Artillery Towers + Ice Towers to clean up the cubes, however. If you do not have "premium" towers such as the Necromancer, then it can be extremely challenging to defeat a giant, but it can still be done simply by mass Artillery lines and Ice Towers. So maybe a minor health nerf could be used to make it more balanced for players without access to special towers, although I still do not believe the Giant is by any means "overpowered."

As for the game being more diverse, well yes 90% of the time people win by Giants because the enemy team is unprepared; they are hard to stop if you aren't a "expert," so more diversity would be a good thing. I rarely ever see people attempting to win by anything other than Giants. They are not the only win condition, though, as you can use Cave Spiders with Regen + Speed AoEs, Blazes or Endermites with Regen + Speed AoEs to win which a lot of people don't have an counter for.

Reactions: RedJayGames

DeDeDestroyed

Nov 13, 2015
Giants are easy, they get destroyed by Sorcerers, just spam like 20 T4s and you're fine.

On the other hand, it makes it so that Sorcerers are necessary for victory. And they're the only mob that can get through late-game defenses when spammed.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I know this thread is extremely old, but I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it: Potions. Use potions, and the giants will be slaughtered in seconds.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Aratic wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
888CE285-5E28-4694-ABEA-3BABCFA6FDE4.jpeg

I’m slowly going to take over all the polarbears, jimothy is first and he is my TeamReach pfp, you won’t be able to stop me :)
UncleSpect wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Evaluatiefout wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cursedpug89's profile.
Long time no see lad!
Top Bottom