Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Getting Ip bans on Cubecraft?

• Yes, i really want that!

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • No, i don't want IP bans back on Cube.

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ItzBearzz

Apr 8, 2018
Hi everybody!

We are making a Poll cause we want to IP ban people who are abusing the rules on this server.
We really want the IP ban on Cubecraft, Why? Because really much people are hacking on this server and for the legit players is it really annoying so that is why people getting annoyed and are starting getting hack on Cubecraft.
So this is our argument, hope you guys think the same about it!

D

Deleted member 352903

We won’t ban players trought their IP due to many players having brothers and sisters that play on the same IP. If some older brother would use illegal clients on his account and he gets banned for it, it would be a bit unfair if his little brother would also get banned from our server while doing nothing wrong. We’d like to keep this server for everyone enjoyable, even if that means we have a couple illegal client users running around (we and especially CrazymanJR are doing our best to minimize that).

D

Deleted member 59979

No IP bans.JPG

Ahs_Master

Apr 16, 2017
In my studio
www.youtube.com
Hi everybody!

We are making a Poll cause we want to IP ban people who are abusing the rules on this server.
We really want the IP ban on Cubecraft, Why? Because really much people are hacking on this server and for the legit players is it really annoying so that is why people getting annoyed and are starting getting hack on Cubecraft.
So this is our argument, hope you guys think the same about it!
So if one player hacks does the whole neighbourhood need to be banned? NO!

This has been suggested like a million times already.

In summary: As stated above, it can lead up to falsely banning innocent players which is absolutely not Cubecraft's intention. Think about siblings, public wifi routers, schools or maybe even an entire street if they use a shared IP.
Also, it's fairly easy to bypass an IP ban. Ever heard of a VPN (virtual private network)? It's not hard to get one and will make IP banning that player almost impossible. In fact, lots of hackers already have one actually. And that's just one way, even something simple like a router reset might even do the job.
I'm not seeing this happening anytime soon tbh.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me
Top Bottom