Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

XxZealGamer

Jan 5, 2017
CubeLand
Hey Guys
This is a suggestion post

If a player can be muted for Swearing and giving death threats, Is saying somebody "They have no life, job or a plan to study, their future is ruined and is a waste anyway" appropriate? It is like telling somebody they have no life and they must suicide.

I have a debate over some issues related with something similar to that in which I need suggestions.
Question 1 - Who gives the rights to a player to talk on somebody's life?
Question 2 - It is an indirect threat to suicide, Should it be under "Death Threats"?

If not, then why? Please elaborate.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Hey Guys
This is a suggestion post

If a player can be muted for Swearing and giving death threats, Is saying somebody "They have no life, job or a plan to study, their future is ruined and is a waste anyway" appropriate? It is like telling somebody they have no life and they must suicide.

I have a debate over some issues related with something similar to that in which I need suggestions.
Question 2 - It is an indirect threat to suicide, Should it be under "Death Threats"?

If not, then why? Please elaborate.
I think you can report them for bullying.

XxZealGamer

Jan 5, 2017
CubeLand
I am not asking if I can report them for bullying or not. P.S I already reported them for bullying and it was denied as "Insufficient Evidence" and the staff says I need to stop the discussion with the denied report as I am just trying to get them muted nothing else. This is the reason I have made a suggestion post for people to tell what it is. Appropriate or Inappropriate.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I am not asking if I can report them for bullying or not. P.S I already reported them for bullying and it was denied as "Insufficient Evidence" and the staff says I need to stop the discussion with the denied report as I am just trying to get them muted nothing else. This is the reason I have made a suggestion post for people to tell what it is. Appropriate or Inappropriate.
I think it's inappropriate.

A

A pigeon

Lmao you think thats a death threat? Deal with it. Its nothing serious , rude? Sure. But it is not a death threat.

Reactions: Shrek Trained Me

FluffyRoses

Forum Expert
Oct 26, 2013

That is some serious interpreting that you have done right there.

As he is simply saying that "you have no life" does not mean you should kill yourself. I see it as just what it is, nothing hints anything towards what you think it does.

From the pictures YOU sent in, you kept the conversation going, you allowed it to continue so you were giving him the right and although he said it several times you never said for him to stop.

I did have a 20-ish minute conversation on this because I don't punish for someone saying you have no life, if this is wrong I'll correct myself from another staff member. You also sent me a different report from the one I handled. So not only did you report them once, you reported two of their conversations and the reason I'm bringing this up is because you said I told you to stop the discussion as you were arguing with a staff member.

I think it should be punishable under offence of bullying, but I'm not entirely sure.
We unfortunately do not have a direct punishment of bullying so we have to fit it under categories and I felt this wasn't severe enough for it.

They have no life, job or a plan to study, their future is ruined and is a waste anyway

I'll restate the quote as you didn't type it correctly "her life is a waste away, no plans for a job, no life, nothing". You asked me how I would feel and I gave you an answer, I don't see myself doing anything with my life right noe besides school which I personally feel is a waste but I do it anyways, so my life is a "waste" away. I don't have plans for a job as I'm still too young to have one and I haven't thought where I will work once I can. I no life minecraft over the summer hours ranging around 13 a day so my life is pretty wasteful but I'm a child I don't have many responsibilities yet and I'm enjoying it.

If you have further questions feel free to ask and I apologize for any spelling errors as I'm typing on my phone in freezing weather.

AnimalTamer1

Forum Veteran
Jun 26, 2016
As he is simply saying that "you have no life" does not mean you should kill yourself. I see it as just what it is, nothing hints anything towards what you think it does.

From the pictures YOU sent in, you kept the conversation going, you allowed it to continue so you were giving him the right and although he said it several times you never said for him to stop.

I did have a 20-ish minute conversation on this because I don't punish for someone saying you have no life, if this is wrong I'll correct myself from another staff member. You also sent me a different report from the one I handled. So not only did you report them once, you reported two of their conversations and the reason I'm bringing this up is because you said I told you to stop the discussion as you were arguing with a staff member.

We unfortunately do not have a direct punishment of bullying so we have to fit it under categories and I felt this wasn't severe enough for it.

I'll restate the quote as you didn't type it correctly "her life is a waste away, no plans for a job, no life, nothing". You asked me how I would feel and I gave you an answer, I don't see myself doing anything with my life right noe besides school which I personally feel is a waste but I do it anyways, so my life is a "waste" away. I don't have plans for a job as I'm still too young to have one and I haven't thought where I will work once I can. I no life minecraft over the summer hours ranging around 13 a day so my life is pretty wasteful but I'm a child I don't have many responsibilities yet and I'm enjoying it.

If you have further questions feel free to ask and I apologize for any spelling errors as I'm typing on my phone in freezing weather.
-Locked as answered and requested by the thread owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

WorriedSkate940 wrote on wolfking253822's profile.
Happy birthday!!
JustNathie wrote on Alexp192's profile.
Happy birthday Alex! 🎂🎉
Hqteful wrote on Alexp192's profile.
Happy birthday Alex! 🎉
Xi1m wrote on Alexp192's profile.
happy birthday jojo enjoyer :3
Top Bottom