• Total voters
F

Facelurite

Mods I left this white fir a reason!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sophie
F

Facelurite

Sounds like a good idea, but I can just go in to my Minecraft folder and change the gamma to 1000 and boom it's day forever
Doesnt matter I just want to see the sunset at Savanna

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF TORCHIC JUST DO IT ALREADY I WANT IMMERSION D;

*Plays Metal Gear Solid music*
Archer kit? Check.
More arrows than I will ever need? Check.
Night time? Check.
Time to become The Shadow-Chick and stalk the ruined buildings of Classic for victims who stayed up past their bedtime. There's just no interesting atmosphere during the day :/

F

Facelurite

@ The mod that edited my post, the whole suggestion is in the title. + U didnt vote or reply.

L

Lightning McQueen

I had an idea. You know how space map takes place in the void biome? We should change the biome to the overworld so we can actually have a night sky with stars @Efcluke94 ^^^

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
I saw Cluke looking at it the other day already. Can only assume he doesn't want to implement this idea :(

Efcluke94

👀
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
Oct 20, 2013
I've always been against night maps personally because they were the least popular. Not every user has full bright on, I tend to play with 35% so I can try and cater maps to people who have their brightness on a lower setting. If the sun is blaring through your window onto your screen and it's night time in-game, from my experience it's pretty hard to see.

Which map would you prefer to PvP in?
35% brightness vs Day time
nightmapcomparison.png

Turning my brightness up to 100% allows me to see fine and feels playable. I can imagine users don't want to have to change their settings everytime they want to play a game on FFA. People tend to be lazy and won't even bother or some people might not know how.

Savannah
It could be cool to switch to this, but I really wouldn't want this to be the default, maybe 50% chance of being sunset and 50% chance of being day when it boots up.
2018-03-02_09.12.08.png

A compromise
Potentially making a single map have the day and night cycle and see what the reaction is from the FFA community.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Potentially making a single map have the day and night cycle and see what the reaction is from the FFA community.
Sounds like a good approach. Perhaps if it's well received, light sources could be added to certain areas to make the map more atmospheric? Would also help the few who have low brightness settings. For instance in Savannah, you could light the waterfall area with sea lanterns :3

(Btw my vote goes to 'Classic', have always wanted night time on that map :o )

Reactions: Frankaliti
F

Facelurite

I've always been against night maps personally because they were the least popular. Not every user has full bright on, I tend to play with 35% so I can try and cater maps to people who have their brightness on a lower setting. If the sun is blaring through your window onto your screen and it's night time in-game, from my experience it's pretty hard to see.

Which map would you prefer to PvP in?
35% brightness vs Day time
View attachment 143075

Turning my brightness up to 100% allows me to see fine and feels playable. I can imagine users don't want to have to change their settings everytime they want to play a game on FFA. People tend to be lazy and won't even bother or some people might not know how.

Savannah
It could be cool to switch to this, but I really wouldn't want this to be the default, maybe 50% chance of being sunset and 50% chance of being day when it boots up.
View attachment 143074

A compromise

Thosr screenshots are legendary wow. How about it skips nighttime on certain maps?

(or)

Classic has a lot of light. We can light up the lighthouse for nighttime on Kingdom. I personally prefer sniping during the night. Teaming against archers is a huge annoyance on ffa and at night theyd have a small advantage

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

W streamer here: @SugaaKat
Matriox wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congratulations

Goodluck in your helper training

Don't let frontlane or lyra be mean
Kazwa wrote on Frontlane's profile.
1713570291417.png

I know right
JokeKaedee wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!! 🎊
JokeKaedee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Gefeliciteerd mopje 🥰💕
Top Bottom