Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LunariusFlare

Aug 9, 2016
United States
What is HCF?

HCF is Hardcore Factions, a PvP-based gamemode. It's like regular factions, but there are some tweaks. First off, you don't
have power to claim land with, you use money to claim land. TNT can be placed, but it does not destroy any blocks.
Every faction has a DTR (Deaths Till Raidable). If your DTR reaches 0 (or below) then your faction's land goes raidable and people can greif and steal. Every time you die, your DTR goes down, but if you kill a person, it goes up.
Depending on the amount of people in your faction, your max DTR changes. With around 10 people, your max DTR is around 5 normally (you can't really get it higher than that.) But if you're a 1 man faction, you'll have 1.1 DTR (2 man, 1.8, etc)

Instead of commands like /spawn, you only have two teleportation commands. /f home, and /f stuck. There is no /spawn, you must manually run to spawn and not die to sell and buy items.
/f home has a 10 second timer where you can not move (or take damage.) If you've taken damage or dealt damage in the
past 30 seconds, you have a Combat Timer. If your Combat Timer is on, you cannot go into spawn, /f home, and /f stuck.
You can also not /f home in enemy territory, either get out of their territory or if you can't, use /f stuck. stuck command usually has a timer of 2-5 minutes (or else people could easily escape enemy bases if they're trapped.) /f stuck teleports you to the NEAREST spot of Wilderness, aka unclaimed land.

At spawn's shop, you cannot buy OP items. You can only sell blocks of minerals, and you can only buy the following:
- Cow Eggs
- Crowbar
- Sugar Cane
- Netherwart
- Potato
- Carrot
- Melon Seeds
The only thing that you probably DON'T know about is the crowbar. If you find a spawner, you can use the crowbar to break it. Crowbars usually cost between $10,000 and $30,000, depending on how you set up your economy.

Now for the last few things (because this post is getting pretty long.)
When you log on for the first time, or after dying, you have a 30 minute pvp timer. You cannot go into faction land or take
damage from other players (or deal damage) in this time. You may ALSO not /f home.
If you don't want the pvp timer, you can do /pvp enable (people normally do this after dying so they can /f home and grab some gear to go pvp.)
You also have deathbans. If you die, you are tempbanned from the HCF server for a specified amount of time. This is normally between an hour to four hours (hence the Hardcore in the name :P)
World border is usually around 3000, and worlds normally have ultra-boosted ore generation to speed things up.
End portals are located in each quadrant of the world, normally 1000 out (x and z.) Also, you can buy end portal frames for $1,250 each.
At end, there are some creeper spawners and enderman spawners. Creepers are so you can brew pots, as this is a PotPvP gamemode. Enderman spawners are for, well, enderpearls! (Psst, enderpearls have a 15 second cooldown on hcf) End normally also has a KOTH, king of the hill.
KOTHs are certain pre-built points on the map that cannot be greifed. There is a 5x5 capture zone in the KOTH that has pillars in the corners. To capture a KOTH, you must stay on the cap zone for 15 minutes. If you stay on for 15 minutes, congratulations! You've capped the KOTH and you want to get out of there ASAP because everyone will target you for the KOTH loot. The scoreboard on the side will display time left until cap. HOWEVER, if the capper is knocked off, the koth is knocked. In this case, most people retreat to go get more pots and armor, then come back. When knocked, the timer resets to 15 minutes (and doesn't countdown again until it's getting "re-capped.") The loot of KOTH is keys, which can be used at spawn to get loot like Fortune IV picks, Looting IV, wither skulls, etc.
Last thing (finally, yeah this is really long, sorry about that) is that Nether has something called Glowstone Mountain. Glowstone Mountain is a non-greifable mountain that has creeper spawners, magma cube spawners, and a gigantic cube of glowstone on the top. This cube is the only thing that can be mined here. It resets every 15 minutes or so, allowing people to get the ingredients they need to brew potions. It's also worth noting that if you /f who a KOTH by its name (for say a KOTH named End, then you do /f who End) it will tell you the KOTH's location - and in which dimension it is located. For factions, it does their member list, balance, DTR, and /f home location. You can't claim or greif End, and you can't claim in Nether. It's also worth noting (LAST THING) that Glowstone Mountain can be /f who'd with /f who Glowstone.

So, that's HCF. I really would like Cubecraft to put this on freebuild, because it's a really competetive gamemode (however HCF servers do allow mods like ToggleSneak and 1.7/1.8 clients ONLY,) so it's worth noting that Cubecraft if you do plan to add this (since BetterSprint / ToggleSneak aren't allowed ;-;)
Allowing 1.7 clients is important because 1.8 blockhitting is screwed up, so you'd probably want to make it something like hcf.cubecraft.net for the ip or something like that.)

Overall, hope you consider this gamemode (and didn't die under the strain of reading 4-5 paragraphs on a forums page LOL)

- Lunar

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Maybe we don't know what type of Factions
Cube will become...
I would like Vanilla 1.9... Not that hard...
It's a nice concept but I don't like it...
Sounds like a lot of Raids will happen when I'm not On..
So -1

Reactions: Lezappen

awesomebutter234

Jun 12, 2016
Maybe we don't know what type of Factions
Cube will become...
I would like Vanilla 1.9... Not that hard...
It's a nice concept but I don't like it...
Sounds like a lot of Raids will happen when I'm not On..
So -1
That happens anyways though.(unless you no life stay on 24/7) .-.

I would not like the spawners in the end because either a: people blowing the spawners up so no creepers anyways, or b:taking them and selling them. Don't like the DTR would make it alot easier to inside unless it can max out per person, in which case why not keep f power? Dude almost nobody keeps track of spawn coords this just sounds like a nuisance rather than a good feature. No for the not being able to buy op stuff at spawn, since you already said you don't have the convenience to tp there AND the shop barely gives you anything. Dude in the first 30 minutes nobody will have enough stuff to raid, and people might set up faction choke points around spawn so that people need to wait out the 30 minutes. Meh for Koth, don't reallly have any thoughts on it,except no giving higher enchant stuff than they could normally get, this makes the rich get even richer, and the newer players have an even harder time. No for the glowstone mountain, one faction would claim it/ around it and then have an easytime with all the spawners. -5 I would much prefer a faction type that changes some features more instead of just having deathbans.(cough https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/brutal-factions.149871/ cough dont comment on it)

Final nail in the coffin is that you did not say if /sethome could be used. If no then that means no personal vault so if you get raided you basically lose everything.

Last edited:
I

iDontPlayMinecraft.exe

I've played this on other servers and would love this to be added, pls add this staff, +1

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
CubeCraft developers have told us that they are working on factions, creative and Skyblock. As of now, there is no ETA on when it will be released, however it should be soon. :)

Last edited:

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
At this point id love any factions on the server xD +1 for a possible future factions gamemode though i'm not sure how close the future for it is considering they havent finished the normal factions yet :P

RockBob4

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
I think the devs should focus on regular factions first. It sounds okay, but I wouldn't play it.

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
I have a lot to say about this... I'll edit this later ...
For now, just three things:

1.9 pvp

Spawners shouldn't exist in the world but only bought at shop or acquired through repeatable achievements like every 10 000 blocks mined you mine a new spawner or through chance like a 0.002% chance of someone dropping a spawner upon death (and only if he has a power higher than 1 to avoid farming) ...

Spawners need a lot of time to break otherwise its not fun if someone hops on half way through the raid and takes the spawners and leaves.

codexprivateㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Dedicated Member
May 14, 2016
α муѕтяισυѕ ρƖαcє
If this gets implemented it should be 1.7.10

If you have 1.9/1.8 hcf theres no point of playing

There is this thing called kiting

Theres also something called "1.7ing"

Its basiclly when someone runs you can catch up to them by hitting them (only works in 1.7)

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

asqsk wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
u was staff in cc? :3
Matriox wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
"Aspire to inspire, before we expire."

I love it
caraMel wrote on LukaG_'s profile.
_GakuL
Top Bottom