Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OnePointEight.exe

Dedicated Member
May 26, 2017
Similar to how donors can vote for half to triple health or hardcore to Op item shops, I think it would be a good idea for the option to vote for two different Economy types: 'Enhanced Markets' and 'The Commonwealth'.

Quick explanation of each.

Enhanced Markets:
The enhanced markets gamemode would introduce two-three places to trade resources with other players:
  • Loan market
Players would be able to loan and borrow money from other players by promising them interest after a determined time.
  • Item shop
Players would be able to list their items on a sell page for other players to buy in a determined currency.
  • (Currency Exchange)
Players would be able to trade between different currencies with different players (this one might be too much to add all in one game mode).

The Commonwealth:
This gamemode would only be choosable in teams on maps with 3+ players per team. Before the game begins all players vote on who should be the 'leader' (other name recomendations might be useful). The winner of the vote gains the role and has three (3) main attributes:
  1. Whenever players on your team collects money, it goes directly into your inventory.
  2. When shopping you can buy items for each of your teammates individually.
  3. You are unable to leave the island and you keep your money on death.
If your teammates are dissatisfied at the current leader, at any time they can vote for someone else to be the leader.

More about each gamemode

Enhanced Markets:
The only difference between this gamemode and the standard game are the three potential features which are accessed by commands.

Loan markets
To list your money onto the loan market the player holds the stack of resources in their hand and uses the following command:

/lend [interest rate] [minutes before due]

For example if I wanted to lend the stack of iron in my hands for 20% and I want the borrower to only have it for 2 minutes, I would hold it in my hands and type:

/lend 20 2

After this is typed, the item would be entered into the market (we'll get there I promise) and a message is put into chat saying:
[PlayerName] is offering 64 iron for 2 minutes at 20%, type /borrow to see more.

To see all the available borrowable loans the player types:
/borrow
This pulls up a chest menu thingy with all of the posted loans, assuming the game just started and 64 iron for 20% and 2 minutes was the only offered loan, inside the chest there would be a stack of 64 iron named:
[PlayerName]
20%
2 Minutes

If the player wants to take out the loan they simply left click on the stack. If [PlayerName] wants to cancel their own loan they do the same and the 64 iron goes back into their inventory.

Players who take out a loan receive the materials and an undroppable piece of paper named:

-77 iron | 1m... 59s... 58s etc.
(77 cuz thats 64 + 20% more, number rounds up)
And the lender receives a message reading:
[Borrower] has borrowed your 64 iron for 2m!

Borrowers have the first half of the time to spend the money as the paper counts down this time.

Then when the paper's name becomes: -77 iron | 0s, the name changes to: -77 iron | 60s and it begins to count down again but in red (maybe the paper also turns into a different object to keep the players attention?).

Now that the timer is red, up to 77 iron in the inventory of the player disappear and causes the paper to read a different number of negative iron. Any more iron picked up also dissappears and pays back the debt.

After picking up 5 iron, 20 seconds into "red mode" the paper would read:
-72 iron | 40s.

If the amount of money due reaches zero first then the paper dissappears and the borrower is sent a message reading:
Congrajulations! You have paid off your loan to [PlayerName]!
And the lender is sent a message reading:
[Borrower] has paid back your loan of 77 iron! Click [Here] or type /claim to reclaim your money.

If the timer expires before the loan is paid off the lender receives a message reading:
[Borrower] has not paid back your loan of 77 iron! Click [Here] or type /claim to reclaim your money from the bank.
And the borrower receives 'Slowness II', hears a sound (suggestions please) and is sent the following message:
You were unable to pay back your loan to [PlayerName]! You will be slowed until you pay back your loan!
After the borrower pays back the late loan, their Slowness II expires and they are sent the following message:
Because you paid off your loan too late, you will now have to wait 5m until you are allowed to borrow again!
Any time within that 5 minutes, when the borrower types /borrow, they receive a message:
This command is unavailable for xm!

Who shouldn't be allowed to lend?
  • People who are in debt
  • People who are already offering 5 loans
Who shouldn't be allowed to borrow?
  • People without an egg
  • People who in the past 5 minutes returned a loan too late
  • People who are already in debt
  • People on the same team as the lender (would not show up in borrow menu)
Scenarios where this might be useful?
Suppose you run to the middle and you gain 5 diamonds. Instead of going back home and turning on your diamond generator and just sitting there, you can lend it to a different team so they can turn their generator on. If you charge 200% interest rates, you will be able to immediately start up your generator to level 2 when they return the loan and you won't be tied to your base!

If your team is planning for a long game and a different team is rushing, lending them a iron might help them get more money earlier so you can return you even more money later!

Item Shop
This one is a quickie, players are given two commands in order to sell and buy items with any currency.

In order to sell items, hold the item/stack of items in your hand and type the following:
/sell [Money Number] [Amount]
"Money number" means the following:
1 - iron
2 - gold
3 - diamond
(4 - emerald)
For example, if someone wanted to sell an iron chestplate for 20 gold they would hold it in my hand and type:
/sell 2 20

The seller would lose their item from their hand and
All players then receive a message saying:
[PlayerName] is selling an iron chestplate for 20 gold! Type /buy to see more.
Afterwards players can type /buy to see all items that are being sold on the player shop. The item shop looks like a chest menu thingy with all the items that are being sold in the slots, if the iron chest is the only thing anyone has sold the chest menu thingy would have an iron chestplate in there named:
[PlayerName]
20 gold
The player who put it onto the market has the oppurtunity to take it off by clicking it. All other players can choose to buy it if they have the resources.

After a player chooses to buy the item put up for sale, the player receives a message:
[Buyer] has bought your iron chestplate! Click [Here] or type /claim to claim your 20 gold.

Who shouldn't be able to sell?
  • People who have already listed 5 items to be sold
Who shouldn't be able to buy?
  • N/A
Scenarios where this might be useful?
This could be used as a form of currency exchange!

If you buy something you don't need or bought too many of something it could be useful to get part of your money back!

Currency Exchange?
I won't go too in depth because this idea might be too complicated. Basically people are able to sell currencies like the item shop for different currencies. For example you can trade 64 iron for 5 diamonds. Perhaps this should just be part of the item shop? Feedback would be nice.

The Commonwealth:
This gamemode should not be votable for on maps with lestt than 3 players a team. This game starts being different once you are in the glass "pods". The players discuss who they think would be the best 'leader' and each player votes with:
/vote [TeamMember]

When the players are dropped from their "pods" a message states who received the most votes (not the majority), in the event of a tie, one of the tied players are chosen at random to be the leader.

Whenever a player on your team collects any type of resource, it automatically goes into the leader's inventory.

The leader keeps their money when they die.

The leader is unable to leave their starting island, when they do try to leave they are teleported back onto the island.

The leader is able to buy items from the shop directly for other players. When they click on the villager, first a menu shows up with blocks of colored clay that are named after each player. Clicking on the clay will open up the shop specifically for that player. Items bought in that setting automatically are given to the respective player. This is supposed to resemble a state owned economy.

If the players think a different team member would do a better job at being the leader, any player can type: /revote.

All players on that team are notified when one player types /revote, if majority of the players on that team type /revote within one minute, the players are given another minute to vote for a different player with /vote [TeamMember]. Once everyone voted or the minute passes, whoever receives the most votes becomes the new leader. If it happens to be the case no one voted or there is a tie, the new leader is selected at random between all tied winners/losers. Players can vote for the old leader.

The current leader can /leader [TeamMember] to just give a different team member the leader role.

The maps with 10 players per team should have each team divided into two subteams. Instead of only being part of team red or blue, there are redA, redB, blueA and blueB. If you are on blueB your name would look like:
"PlayerName ".

Team red and team blue each still share their own egg, island and victory, only each subteam selects their own leader to manage the wealth. It would be impossible to manage the wealth of 9 players all by yourself.

Feedback?
Sorry for ending so abruptly, I am sure there are some things I can still iron out, thank you for any feedback you give me.
Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Edit: 'Leader' in the commonwealth keeps money on death, not inventory. Fixed grammar, added some clarifcation and in the enhanced markets section added "Scenarios where it might be helpful?"

Last edited:
Reactions: he77789
D

Deleted member 554749

cool sounds interesting but I’m bedrock as well

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.
Gefeliciteerd maatje! <3
GiGaGekkies wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
Quack-tacular Birthday to you, dear duck friend! 🎉 Wishing you a pond full of joy, a sky full of sunshine, and a heart full of love on your special day! May your feathers stay fluffy, your ponds be plentiful, and your quacks be heard far and wide. Here's to another year of waddling adventures and endless smiles! 🦆🎂

I love chat gpt
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
Lyriie wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom