Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Would you see Grave Robbery, if finalized, as a viable game mode?

• Total voters

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I’ve always been intrigued by games and movies (no horror) based upon graves. (Plant vs Zombies, The Legend of Zelda etc) I honestly can’t remember how I stumbled up on this, but well, here you go. You’ll all spawn in a graveyard, let’s say 12 players to make it easy. (4 teams of 3)

The main target:

The main target is to have a team member dying first. Wait what? Dying??? Arent you supposed to win? No you aren’t. When you die, you’ll be avenged and become immortal. I thought it would be quite funny if the person that died actually won.

The graves:

There are many outcomes when you rob a grave:

1. A rat. You’ll lose 1-3 heart

2. Helth. You’ll gain 0,5 up to 2 hearts.

3. A hole. You’ll fall into a hole, and have to do a small challenge to escape: parkour, archery or maze.

4. Golden nugget. You can use this nugget to multiply the outcome of the next grave

5. Eye of ender. You can use this to see the inside of two graves.

6. Random shovel. You’ll be able to either dig faster or slower

7. Bone meal. You can use this onto a sapling that will grow a tree and you’ll lose 2-4 health by eating this dead fruit. You’ll have a Blockband banana (yes banana’s dont grow onto trees, but minecraft logics), an Archer Assault apple and a Parkour Minigame Pear.

8. A buried sword. You can use this to deal 1 damage to a team member.

9. Splash potion of heal. You can throw this onto other players. All players will gain 1 health.

10. An ancient stone. You can walk to one of the villagers and trade it for weaker armour, so the damage that will be dealt, will be multiplied

11. Cubecraft Teamspeak badge. While using this all team members will lose 0,5 health by ear damage.

12. Tombstone. A wave of skeletons will spawn for 15 seconds. However, they’ll shoot love arrows that give you health.

13. An axe. You can use this to chop down 1 tree and lose health by gravity laws.

14. A cursed bow. You can shoot an other player. Their next three grave robbings will have a higher chance of containing health items, but the player will lose 0,5 health.

15. Dampé. Anyone familiar with this character from Zelda? It will lead you to a holy grave which contains the Shovel of Gratitude. By using this shovel, your next 3 shovelings will be lucky.

16. Endermites. These useless creatures will finally have an use. They will lead you to the most nearby Eye of Ender.

17. A taco. By eating this one of the players of the opponent’s team will be network banned. Just kidding. They will have slowness for 10 seconds.

18. Pickaxe. You can use this to break one of the nearby ores. These ores can be insta melt in the ovens nearby and you’ll lose 5 health.

19. You’ll find a paper with a random cubecraft related word. You have to type this in chat and you’ll lose 3 health by participating into the community.

20. Creeper Aww man. You have to type “aww man” in chat before the creeper explodes. The explosion will give you confusion for 10 seconds.

21. A flower. The flower can be put onto an another grave and will change the inside of the grave into a lucky one.

22. (I’ll try to come up with more)

23. Wave of silverfish. Will spawn for 15 seconds.

24. A trap. You’ll take fall damage, but you’ll have to wait 10 seconds to be teleported back

25. Fish Slap. This game has been dead for so long. You’ll take 3 hearts of damage.

26. Medical kit. Your hp will be doubled

27. Raw chicken. Your hp will be bisected

28. Stone bricks (Money walls) Placing this will give you 3 random ores that you can melt for health reduction

29. So close yet so far. Your health will be lowered (or highered if you have less health) to 1. But your next 5 graves will contain health boosts.

30. Bed. There are monsters nearby so you can’t sleep, and thus you’ll lose 2 health.

Some practical things:

Every player starts with 20 health.

All blocks, apart from ores and dirt (the graves) are not, are non-mineable.

Graves will be refilled after 10 seconds so you can’t spam them.

You can’t hit other players with a weapon or tool.

The map:

It should be quite a large map, but not so large you can’t reach other players. Maybe the game should be filled with more players. There are graves generated on the graveyard. Could be a bit random, bot no huge gaps between them.
The map should be flattened so you can’t take damage from falling.

Personal thoughts

I think it will be a fun party game. It is somewhat similar to Lucky islands. However, the main target is the opposite. No islands. And not combat based (just a little, but no duels).

This idea is far from perfect (The graves are probably not balanced, idk if everything is possible to code etc). I thought it was a neat thing to share. It also has some references to dead games, where originally my suggestion was going to be about.

Achievements:

Engraved: win your first game of Grave Robbery
No rest without peace: win 10 games of Grave Robbery
Harambe: win 100 games of Grave Robbery
Immortal: win 1000 games of Grave Robbery

Shaman: heal an enemy player 10 times
Doctor: heal an enemy player 100 times
Surgeon: heal an enemy player 1000 times

Golddigger: dig up 10 golden nuggets in 1 game
Witch: dig up 100 potions

Discord user: win a game without digging a Team Speak Badge

Fisherman’s Friend: win a game by dying to a dead fish

I hope you like it!

Last edited:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
I’ve always been intrigued by games and movies (no horror) based upon graves. (Plant vs Zombies, The Legend of Zelda etc) I honestly can’t remember how I stumbled up on this, but well, here you go. You’ll all spawn in a graveyard, let’s say 12 players to make it easy. (4 teams of 3)

The main target:

The main target is to have a team member dying first. Wait what? Dying??? Arent you supposed to win? No you aren’t. When you die, you’ll be avenged and become immortal. I thought it would be quite funny if the person that died actually won.

The graves:

There are many outcomes when you rob a grave:

1. A rat. You’ll lose 1-3 heart

2. Helth. You’ll gain 0,5 up to 2 hearts.

3. A hole. You’ll fall into a hole, and have to do a small challenge to escape: parkour, archery or maze.

4. Golden nugget. You can use this nugget to multiply the outcome of the next grave

5. Eye of ender. You can use this to see the inside of two graves.

6. Random shovel. You’ll be able to either dig faster or slower

7. Bone meal. You can use this onto a sapling that will grow a tree and you’ll lose 2-4 health by eating this dead fruit. You’ll have a Blockband banana (yes banana’s dont grow onto trees, but minecraft logics), an Archer Assault apple and a Parkour Minigame Pear.

8. A buried sword. You can use this to deal 1 damage to a team member.

9. Splash potion of heal. You can throw this onto other players. All players will gain 1 health.

10. An ancient stone. You can walk to one of the villagers and trade it for weaker armour, so the damage that will be dealt, will be multiplied

11. Cubecraft Teamspeak badge. While using this all team members will lose 0,5 health by ear damage.

12. Tombstone. A wave of skeletons will spawn for 15 seconds. However, they’ll shoot love arrows that give you health.

13. An axe. You can use this to chop down 1 tree and lose health by gravity laws.

14. A cursed bow. You can shoot an other player. Their next three grave robbings will have a higher chance of containing health items, but the player will lose 0,5 health.

15. Dampé. Anyone familiar with this character from Zelda? It will lead you to a holy grave which contains the Shovel of Gratitude. By using this shovel, your next 3 shovelings will be lucky.

16. Endermites. These useless creatures will finally have an use. They will lead you to the most nearby Eye of Ender.

17. A taco. By eating this one of the players of the opponent’s team will be network banned. Just kidding. They will have slowness for 10 seconds.

18. Pickaxe. You can use this to break one of the nearby ores. These ores can be insta melt in the ovens nearby and you’ll lose 5 health.

19. You’ll find a paper with a random cubecraft related word. You have to type this in chat and you’ll lose 3 health by participating into the community.

20. Creeper Aww man. You have to type “aww man” in chat before the creeper explodes. The explosion will give you confusion for 10 seconds.

21. A flower. The flower can be put onto an another grave and will change the inside of the grave into a lucky one.

22. (I’ll try to come up with more)

23. Wave of silverfish. Will spawn for 15 seconds.

24. A trap. You’ll take fall damage, but you’ll have to wait 10 seconds to be teleported back

25. Fish Slap. This game has been dead for so long. You’ll take 3 hearts of damage.

26. Medical kit. Your hp will be doubled

27. Raw chicken. Your hp will be bisected

28. Stone bricks (Money walls) Placing this will give you 3 random ores that you can melt for health reduction

29. So close yet so far. Your health will be lowered (or highered if you have less health) to 1. But your next 5 graves will contain health boosts.

30. Bed. There are monsters nearby so you can’t sleep, and thus you’ll lose 2 health.

Some practical things:

Every player starts with 20 health.

All blocks, apart from ores and dirt (the graves) are not, are non-mineable.

Graves will be refilled after 10 seconds so you can’t spam them.

You can’t hit other players with a weapon or tool.

The map:

It should be quite a large map, but not so large you can’t reach other players. Maybe the game should be filled with more players. There are graves generated on the graveyard. Could be a bit random, bot no huge gaps between them.
The map should be flattened so you can’t take damage from falling.

Personal thoughts

I think it will be a fun party game. It is somewhat similar to Lucky islands. However, the main target is the opposite. No islands. And not combat based (just a little, but no duels).

This idea is far from perfect (The graves are probably not balanced, idk if everything is possible to code etc). I thought it was a neat thing to share. It also has some references to dead games, where originally my suggestion was going to be about.

Achievements:

Engraved: win your first game of Grave Robbery
No rest without peace: win 10 games of Grave Robbery
Harambe: win 100 games of Grave Robbery
Immortal: win 1000 games of Grave Robbery

Shaman: heal an enemy player 10 times
Doctor: heal an enemy player 100 times
Surgeon: heal an enemy player 1000 times

Golddigger: dig up 10 golden nuggets in 1 game
Witch: dig up 100 potions

Discord user: win a game without digging a Team Speak Badge

Fisherman’s Friend: win a game by dying to a dead fish

I hope you like it!

Very nice game idea! I really have nothing to input besides it’s amazing and I agree with @Siftenly that is should be a Halloween game!

Reactions: Komodо

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I like the idea but, i think is would cause some time to make it. For the developers etc, but i like the suggestion!
Very nice game idea! I really have nothing to input besides it’s amazing and I agree with @Siftenly that is should be a Halloween game!
Good idea.Sounds like something fun to play:)
Thank you! It actually already has been some weeks I made this game suggestion, but I’m glad you appreciate it!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

I was only offline for like 15 days, and a lot of things have happened lol
I'm pretty sure I missed a few important things, no idea what it is though.
UncleSpect wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Hi Front!
UncleSpect wrote on vS7lya's profile.
Happy birthday!
Top Bottom